Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,580 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban (74853 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare And His 4 Wives Pictured During Ugie Ododua Ceremony / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare 5 Wives At His 2nd Coronation Anniversary / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by Chrisx1x(m): 11:31am On Oct 25, 2016
richidinho:
A palace source said the family was asked to buy some sacrificial items to cleanse the land. It was gathered that food and drinks were on the table which the family members said nobody would touch because of the sacred leaves tied to them.

Africa i hail una!
This is not about superstition.the binis in general,their monarch,and some nigerian monarchs can be very diabolical.believe me,i have seen many of them in action severally.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by JuanDeDios: 11:43am On Oct 25, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:

Why are you generating wrinkles over this matter..

You can't just sit in you house and completely under-estimate the powers possessed by all Nigerian King(small and big) as long as the state laws recognized them..

You can't with the wave of hand, throw away their powers..

No one is forcing you to obey them but, if can't obey them stay away from them and endeavour to be far away anything they come around.. Even your spirit would be moved at their sight..

I am more stubborn than you on issue of who respect is due..

But kings are HARMLESS and there is this certain INNER peace you feel when you are around one..
Heh
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by UchaNwababa: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
Unless they Arrest the Corps and Brought it to Oba's Palace, keep it in Oba's Other Room it is Injustice.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by ashela2014: 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala now... Dem say Oba don vex oh...

This mean that anyone from another part of the country can not live in this kingdom without reading their Obas' handbook containing rules and regulations.
lol u go fear oba handbook oh
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by OkoYibo: 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
fr3do:

hey watch it!
tackle the man directly, don't start displaying your pathologic hate for Igbos.
which one be Israeli today, biafran tomorrow?

Did I mention any tribe?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by toye440: 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2016
CACAWA:
This is funny and sad.
The same Oba that went to church yesterday? Choose your God and stop being cynical.

So what if a Muslim dies in Benîn?
Would they also delay the burial?
sorry Bro d oba was never a Christian, but a traditionalist his coronation says it all, different cult grps coming out to celebrate d dawn of a new king, coupled with d fact DAT he participated in all fetish proceedings before he was crowned oba. This oba can only attend a Catholic church or Anglican, because they own d priests, as any counter would see them hit d highway. u can use father mbaka as example, he speaks d truth buh dey always try to muscle the truth by threatening him with query from Rome.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by Girlbestfriend(f): 11:52pm On Oct 29, 2016
mrvitalis:

If u have a problem with me just say it.. .

The king in my place (tho my Uncle) wont dare such to me. .. is he mad??
. u just talking, you wee just die before your time. Omo leave Benin people to their tradition, u cannot come and start war that u cannot finish....
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by Girlbestfriend(f): 11:59pm On Oct 29, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Customary court my foot! They are to bring an action for the enforcement of their fundamental human rights and that is done in the high court. And, no, the oba's "decrees" are not laws. You can choose to obey them in recognition of the oba or disobey them.
oya you guys should just disobey them, make we hear word.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by enomakos(m): 7:32pm On Mar 01, 2017
juman:
Their custom.

But with time it would go away.
go away?this tradition had been on since the 13 century

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by enomakos(m): 7:40pm On Mar 01, 2017
mrvitalis:
Is the oba mad The family are Nigerians they can decide to recognise the oba or not... Sue the fucking oba n his palace people what nonsense
The Nigerian constitution remain supreme and oba has no authority, i repet no authority over anybody... He is a ceremonial king that's all
can you come to benin and say this in the palace?i promise to give you 10million if you will
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by enomakos(m): 8:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
Joe171:
I will keep saying it until I see it happen: monarchial rules will soon go extinct.
it's crazy how some people believe a certain family has to keep ruling. what's special about that family that others don't have?
what of the queen of england?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 01, 2019
Let me take a nap... great type, anyway. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic / Pre-independence Yoruba Women / King Jaja Of Opobo And Wives In The 1870s [ Location: Rivers State ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.