Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan (1880 Views)

President Buhari Is Not Thinking About Next Election – VP Osinbajo / Anambra Election: Jonathan ‘sold Me Out’ During The Last Election -Nwoye (Video) / Umahi Assures Buhari Of Ebonyi's Vote In Next Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by sarrki(m): 10:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
image: http://images.dailytrust.com.ng/cms/gall_content/2016/10/2016_10$large_GEJ.jpeg

Former President Dr. Goodluck Jonathan being received on arrival at the Oxford University by the Union President Noah Lachs and other participants

Former President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday defended his administration’s Transformation Agenda stressing that it was designed to engage the latent potential in the entire nation, as well as
stimulate and enable higher productivity.

Jonathan also said that while serving as President of Nigeria, he worked for the next generation and not for the next elections, as a means of ensuring that Nigerian children had a promising future.
He spoke on Monday day in a lecture at the Oxford Union of the Oxford University in the United Kingdom, according to a statement by his media adviser Ikechukwu Eze.
He said: “While serving as President of Nigeria, I worked for the next generation and not for the next elections. Somebody must sacrifice and work for the next generation otherwise your children's children will suffer the same predicaments as you have.
Jonathan who was speaking to students of Oxford University on youth entrepreneurship, further pointed out that quality education and youth empowerment were at the heart of Africa’s growth and development.
He said further: “I am excited to be in the midst of some of the World's future leaders to discuss issues relating to youth empowerment and entrepreneurship. The issue of youth entrepreneurship in Africa is
very critical, as Africa is the only continent in which we will witness a population boom. Most violent crises in Africa can be traced to a lack of education and opportunities among its teeming youth
population. Studies have revealed that there is a symbiotic relationship between youth unemployment and youth restiveness.”
“As a leader, you can decide through your policies to educate the youths, or face the consequences of failing to do so. The Transformation Agenda was conceived to engage the latent potential in the entire nation, and to stimulate and enable higher productivity.”
The former President emphasised that his Administration came up with various programmes to encourage young entrepreneurs including the youth enterprise with innovation in Nigeria (YOUWIN). We reformed the institutions and introduced various mechanisms to stop the problems associated with in our country without much publicity.
“We may not have been perfect, but we did our best, and our best yielded an era of unprecedented economic growth for Nigeria. A growth that proved the truism that a Nation's wealth is not underneath the ground but between the ears of her people. Nigeria was rated as the largest economy in Africa and the 23rd in the world by the World Bank and the IMF, with a GDP above US$570 billion.”
He stated further: “We identified Nollywood as a sector that can employ many young people and provided a grant of $200 million to boost the industry. As a result, Nollywood became a major contributor to our GDP and in 2014, the industry contributed 1.4% to our GDP.
Jonathan also recalled that as Governor of Bayelsa State and later the President of Nigeria, he asked himself some critical questions: “Why do individuals that grow up in similar circumstances end up
differently, with some as successes and others as failures? Why are some nations rich and some poor? Is the wealth of nations a result of geography, weather, culture, destiny? What could a leader do to
effectively lift a people out of the depths of poverty, and enable them to achieve prosperity?
“After much soul searching, I concluded that: wealth is a creation of the human mind properly prepared by education. Any nation that does not spend its wealth and resources to develop the capacity of its youth will be forced to use them to fight insecurity”
He challenged “contemporary African leaders to see youth entrepreneurship as a collective project transcending national boundaries, adding that “despite incredible challenges, Nigerian youths are achieving great things and placing Nigeria positively in the world map. They inspire us.”

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/as-president-i-worked-for-next-generation-not-next-election-jonathan/168405.html#Y3YBYMOwrSQJ8l4A.99
Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by MXrep: 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2016
sarrki?? who gave you the cure for zombeism??

3 Likes

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by sarrki(m): 10:02pm On Oct 24, 2016
Mr president I disagree with you

With the massive looting supervised by NOI

I don't believe you think about the Generation yet unborn

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by MXrep: 10:07pm On Oct 24, 2016
sarrki:

hahah, i was wrong, unrepentant zombie

3 Likes

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by Mynd44: 10:08pm On Oct 24, 2016
Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by sarrki(m): 10:09pm On Oct 24, 2016
MXrep:

hahah, i was wrong, unrepentant zombie

grin

1 Like

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
With that kind of massive loot...... Oga jana i hail thee grin

3 Likes

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2016
sarrki:

Jonathan also said that while serving as President of Nigeria, he worked for the next generation and not for the next elections, as a means of ensuring that Nigerian children had a promising future.
Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/news/as-president-i-worked-for-next-generation-not-next-election-jonathan/168405.html#Y3YBYMOwrSQJ8l4A.99

This is exactly what he shouldn't say; what he shouldn't have said. We know how his administration ruined the economy and frittered away savings put together by his predecessors

4 Likes

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 24, 2016
U like it or not, Jonathan is d best president in nigeria... U could have given him anoda chance

2 Likes

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by Funlordjnr: 10:29pm On Oct 24, 2016
See vision wey pass superman own abeg?

This otueke man must have been sipping massive amounts of ogogoro before coming out with this sort of "shackment"(not "statement"wink. !

grin

4 Likes

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by NaijaFutbol: 10:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
Till this current government convicts people, the "massive looting" exists in the same space as "Buratai Savings" and "IDP grass investment".

Massive looting that has become more massive in this administration

3 Likes

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by Scream(m): 10:33pm On Oct 24, 2016
Jona...Na so. (Pics pls)

Exactly the way Abacha worked for the future (you and your NSA)

1 Like

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by honfnj: 10:39pm On Oct 24, 2016
Sincerely with what am seeing I am forced to say that this country is not WORTH dying for.. It beat my imagination that some persons are so blind to see that the Apc leaders are using CORRUPTION to preach hate against GEJ.. Am shocked more with the Youths.. This was a man that was very close to the youths, he brought programs that will encourage and empower the youths of this country, this was a man who saw how little children in the North were denied education causing them to roam the streets he provided education for them, yet he was a bad leader, this was a man who paraded world class technocrats just to gv us the best, he gave us freedom of information that we used and still using against him.. I want to ask, what happened to our agricultural sector that was picking up, what happened to Youwin program.. One thing I blv is God will judge, if GEJ was as bad as people claim I don't think the western world will associate or identify with him the way they are doing.. My dear youths of our great country lets try to think about the good part of a man before the bad part.. God bless Nigeria

8 Likes

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by Pheals(f): 10:46pm On Oct 24, 2016
TAn

undecided

Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied.

The fact that the Government have once more pledged themselves to execute reforms is taken as quite sufficient reason for not believing in them. A cautious observer declared: “I never accept anything about the Government until it has been officially denied; then I know it is true.” ----
Otton von Bismark

…he who seeks to deceive will always find someone who will allow himself to be deceived.-
Niccolò Machiavelli, The Prince
Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by Islamicpope(m): 10:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
yes sir. your wife was receiving dollars cash gift like father Xmas for d next-generation. dieziane bought almost half of London for d next-generation. Alex badeh fmr chief of defense staff was stealing #500m monthly for next-generation. your YOU WIN scheme was a SCAM for next-generation. Mr fmr president stop misleading gullible people, your administration was a total SCAM for next-generation. oh least I forget your SURE-P project was equally a SCAM for next-generation. I rest my case for now. And if any WAILER quote me ehn? I go................ki u pata

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by Jesusloveyou: 10:55pm On Oct 24, 2016
NaijaFutbol:
Till this current government convicts people, the "massive looting" exists in the same space as "Buratai Savings" and "IDP grass investment".

Massive looting that has become more massive in this administration
he work for the next generation by importing rice with $20b just to win election, ineffectual buffoon was working for the next generation with his voodoo economy policies, quick action stealing for their pocket, he work for the next generation by been ineffectual buffoon, a wasteful human-being

2 Likes

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by Justiceleague1: 10:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
Zoogerians be giving themselves migraine over nothing...
When gej was president,they foamed in the mouth everyday. Hes long gone and receiving meritoriou accolades worldwide yet they still wont let him be,they are still hitting their heads on the wall....they just dont know how to free themselves from the eternal pain they feel that a niger deltan was once a president...if gej's success is too much for you to bear and live with,kindly lagoonate your yeye self,thank you.

1 Like

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by Justiceleague1: 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
Islamicpope:
yes sir. your wife was receiving dollars cash gift like father Xmas for d next-generation. dieziane bought almost half of London for d next-generation. Alex badeh fmr chief of defense staff was stealing #500m monthly for next-generation. your YOU WIN scheme was a SCAM for next-generation. Mr fmr president stop misleading gullible people, your administration was a total SCAM for next-generation. oh least I forget your SURE-P project was equally a SCAM for next-generation. I rest my case for now. And if any WAILER quote me ehn? I go................ki u pata
monuMENTAL zombie,u actually said something and that is absolutely NANTHIN'..

1 Like

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by Justiceleague1: 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2016
sarrki:

who cares what you believe? undecided

1 Like

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by genearts(m): 11:05pm On Oct 24, 2016
honfnj:
Sincerely with what am seeing I am forced to say that this country is not WORTH dying for.. It beat my imagination that some persons are so blind to see that the Apc leaders are using CORRUPTION to preach hate against GEJ.. Am shocked more with the Youths.. This was a man that was very close to the youths, he brought programs that will encourage and empower the youths of this country, this was a man who saw how little children in the North were denied education causing them to roam the streets he provided education for them, yet he was a bad leader, this was a man who paraded world class technocrats just to gv us the best, he gave us freedom of information that we used and still using against him.. I want to ask, what happened to our agricultural sector that was picking up, what happened to Youwin program.. One thing I blv is God will judge, if GEJ was as bad as people claim I don't think the western world will associate or identify with him the way they are doing.. My dear youths of our great country lets try to think about the good part of a man before the bad part.. God bless Nigeria
You forgot to mention the immigration recruitment scam. Was that not part of his legacies for the the youths too?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by Islamicpope(m): 11:22pm On Oct 24, 2016
Justiceleague1:

monuMENTAL zombie,u actually said something and that is absolutely NANTHIN'..
u and your fmr paymaster are simply failure in All ramifications. WAILER SPOTTED on comment

2 Likes

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by Justiceleague1: 11:34pm On Oct 24, 2016
Islamicpope:
u and your fmr paymaster are simply failure in All ramifications. WAILER SPOTTED on comment

see ZBi
Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by HtwoOw: 11:50pm On Oct 24, 2016
I must try otuoke ogogoro and soon too
Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by Whynotthetruth(m): 12:45am On Oct 25, 2016
kITATITA:

This is exactly what he shouldn't say; what he shouldn't have said. We know how his administration ruined the economy and frittered away savings put together by his predecessors

1)How much was salary as paid by his predecessors?

2)How much was NYSC stipend as paid by his predecessors?

3)Which empowerment programs by his predecessors equalled YOUWIN, PRESSID etc ?

1 Like

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by LastProphet: 12:46am On Oct 25, 2016
somebody recently asked why Nigeria was in a mess and a country like Kuwait that equally sells oil was doing great, the answer he got is below:

'there is a long sad list of why Nigeria is here compared to kuwait but let me just give about the 3 most important:
1. kuwait has a population of about 3 million people while we have about 180 mostly uneducated or deluded millions
2. kuwait has a foreign reserve of about 82 billion dollars mostly earned oil sale savings as you know, while we saved nothing even at the time oil sold highest in the history of oil (2010 - 2014). rather in that period we reduced our own from the 47 billion dollars OBJ saved up to about 30 which is what GEJ left behind.
3. kuwait has a world class infrastructure such that even homes in kuwait are built with windows permanently locked due to uninterrupted air conditioning, but here you know the story already.

so after a historic oil boom which the world has agreed can never happen again we are left without any savings and any infrastructure, but yet GEJ is a hero to many deluded young buffooons from one part of Nigeria. anyway their reason for supporting him instead of reasonable leaders like peter obi is not far fetched: their criminal mindsets love the very idea of GEJ opening the vaults to a few selected looters which they pray to have been among if only his worthless tenure could have continued but unfortunately the rest of Nigeria refused to be moroonic like them. Buhari was not even the best choice but even a monkey without a certificate was better than the ineffectual buffooon
everything i said here isnt different from what okonjo iweala said on 14th april this year so feel free to google it, and am waiting for that buffooon that will claim to know better than her. even soludo another of their learned kinsman agrees with her as well.'

GEJ can continue to sing his swan songs to the morooonic illiterates that still listen to him. He squandered everything entrusted to him and instead of retiring in shame and repentance he continues to run his mouth hoping to convince more illiterates into his worthless following made up entirely of criminals and that bigoted ethnic group we all know. A Phd holder that opens foreign reserve to criminals like Dasuki should have been shot in any sane country he's lucky he's from a mad country like nig.
Even Jonathan's ardent followers that have a little sense have stopped saying he wasnt corrupt but that it was demons in aso rock that caused him to take poor decisions. useless 10 kobo thieves are here defending a thief with Phd and surprisingly expect others to listen to them, smh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by Kingsley1000(m): 12:54am On Oct 25, 2016
wailers coming to masturbate on the thread
Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by win1234: 5:01am On Oct 25, 2016
Bless you Sir, I & my friends benefited from your economic policies. Opportunity are for the prepared ones. All the outstanding youths during your tenure were gracefully affected by ur policies. #WEWILLNEVERFORGET
Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by saint047(m): 6:20am On Oct 25, 2016
God bless you sir
Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by gidgiddy: 7:40am On Oct 25, 2016
LastProphet:

GEJ can continue to sing his swan songs to the morooonic illiterates that still listen to him. He squandered everything entrusted to him and instead of retiring in shame and repentance he continues to run his mouth hoping to convince more illiterates into his worthless following made up entirely of criminals and that bigoted ethnic group we all know. A Phd holder that opens foreign reserve to criminals like Dasuki should have been shot in any sane country he's lucky he's from a mad country like nig.
Even Jonathan's ardent followers that have a little sense have stopped saying he wasnt corrupt but that it was demons in aso rock that caused him to take poor decisions. useless 10 kobo thieves are here defending a thief with Phd and surprisingly expect others to listen to them, smh

I was never a GEJ fan, I think he ran an ineffective administration, just like all others before him. However, I voted GEJ because I knew he was a better choice than Buhari who had a long history of faliure right from his days a Military Governor, Minister and Head of state. To be fair to GEJ, he may not have been the best but he can at least boast of 2 things Buhari will never be able to boast of.

GEJ ran a better economy that was actually growing

GEJ proved himself a democrat by peacefully handing over with no noise, one of only 2 democratically elected African heads of to have done so. In 2019, If Buhari does not return (weather he actually loses elections or not) we all know there will be trouble

2 Likes

Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by kokoA(m): 7:47am On Oct 25, 2016
You worked for your next generation not Nigeria's because you've now gathered morethan enough wealth for your generation unborn such that they don't need to work again at all.
Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by sarrki(m): 7:48am On Oct 25, 2016
kokoA:
You worked for your next generation not Nigeria's because you've now gathered morethan enough wealth for your generation unborn such that they don't need to work again at all.

Spot on bro
Re: As President, I Worked For Next Generation, Not Next Election – Jonathan by borntosuccess(m): 7:58am On Oct 25, 2016
speak no more our amiable presido,ur achievements speak 4 its self, we miss u

(1) (2) (Reply)

Poor State Of Roads: My Hands Are Tied, Fashola Pleads With Nigerians / Kingsley Muoghalu The Man To Succeed Buhari In 2019 / 2019 Election Forecast By Map Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.