Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Should You Just TRUST Your Girlfriend? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should You Just TRUST Your Girlfriend? (545 Views)

Never Trust Your Girlfriend With A Male Bestfriend, Read A Chat / Never You! I Repeat Never You Trust Your Girlfriend Or Any Girl In This World / Can You Still Trust Your Wife After This ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should You Just TRUST Your Girlfriend? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
Trust, trust and trust again! I got bored of how many times I have seen this word thrown around the internet anytime people try to give advice on how to survive a long distance relationship.
I DO AGREE that trust is a key element in a long distance relationship and that it can make or break a relationship, but let’s be clear on one thing – long distance dating is NOT just about trust, just like it’s not just about love or communication, long distance dating requires much more than that. Trust is overestimated and too vague. What does trust really mean? Why is it important in a relationship? And how do we sustain it?

What trust means is that there is a strong feeling of security that your partner will have integrity. She won’t cheat, won’t lie, she’ll keep her word and she’ll do that no matter what happens. But let me tell you one thing: Long distance relationships are a lot of work, even with trust.
What about temptation?
What about naivety?
What about circumstances?
What about emotional states that make us want to do something wrong at times?

All of these factors make trust an element that is very hard to sustain in a relationship. Temptation tends to be very hard to resist. Naivety is easy to be taken advantage of by other people. Circumstances may very often lead to undesired actions. And negative emotional states like jealousy, anger, contempt and guilt may very well lead to destructive behaviours like cheating, lying, flaking, disrespecting and so on.

These 4 elements are the usual barriers that make trust a flexible element in a relationship; even though we want to trust our partner we shouldn’t completely rely on its existence and firmness.

So, don’t simply rely on trust. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. And we humans… we are humans, we’re not robots. This means that trust is something flexible that can alternate in different circumstances and not something set in stone or programmed in a robot.

Trust is great, but blind trust is far from great. And being completely trusting with your partner is what makes trust blind.

Would you trust a hungry dog, not eating a nice smelling piece of meat from the table? Well, that would be blind trust too.

So, we want to trust our girlfriends, but at the same take that healthy amount of precaution, which will save you from a lot of pain and trouble, believe me.

https://www.naij.com/1018139-long-distance-relationship-just-trust.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1526487257

(1) (Reply)

please what is your take on the issue??? / OMG !former Virgin Pastor Talks About Havin Sex For The First Time,says He Cried / 7 Amazing Choreography From Nigerian Weddings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.