Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

All Atheist Must Read This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All Atheist Must Read This (4276 Views)

I Dare All Atheist / Malaysian Minister Declares To Hunt Down All Atheist In The Country / A Simple Question To All Atheist... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Atheist Must Read This by Thermodynamics(m): 11:47am On Oct 25, 2016
I am a christian but i am not here to convince you that Christianity is the right religion, what am here to say is that "IT MAKES NO SENSE TO BE AN ATHEIST" i mean just think about the existence of man, the complexity of the human body, the complexity of the brain, how the human mind works, how do you explain the fact that you are conscious, what about the fact that you have a rational mind, that you can think clearly and be logical compared to animals, the list is endless. Dont even get me started with the complexities of the universe undecided come on guys, all of these couldn't have happened by chance sad , there has to be a creator behind all these. My point is that " IT MAKES MORE SENSE TO BELIEVE IN THE EXISTENCE OF GOD THAN TO BELIEVE HE DOESN'T EXIST". Weda be it christian or Muslim or any other religion, it's far better than being an atheist. To believe in something is better than believing in nothing. Atheism takes away the hope. Why not believe in God, you have nothing to lose.

My next set of paragraphs are excluded to Atheist who choose to denial the existence of God because they are angry at God for not getting them a job or granting their heart desires which in any case will always hold on to their hate and anger towards God claiming to be an Atheist even though they know God exist. They are excluded because they already know of God's existence, they just don't like the idea of being a christian anymore due to personal issues.There is nothing i am going to write now that will change their view towards Christianity or any other religion for that matter. I would open a special tread for them, for now i am just doing as the spirit leads.

Now to the open minded Atheist:

If you are not still convinced with what i wrote up there, we can go your way. I am quite sure these set of Atheist are very logical and rational human beings, i mean it's because you have done extensive research on the concept of religion and you've found some inconsistencies that's why you don't believe in the existence of a supreme being, okay, let's do this your way, nobody can totally proof that God exist, and of course nobody can also flawlessly proof that God does not exist " [b][/b]even though there are more facts proofing the existence of God".

it's only logical that enternity can only exist in one of the two scenarios:

[b][/b]Case one: A Christian and an Atheist dies and found out that there is no God afterall, well the Atheist will just say, see, i told you God doesn't exist, and that's the end. They both have nothing to lose right?

[b][/b]case two: A Christian and an Atheist dies and found out that there is a God afterall, the christian goes to heaven and the Atheist goes to hell. Who is the loser at the end of the day?, i think you already know .

See, you have absolutely nothing to lose by believing in the existence of God, but stands a chance of losing everything if you don't believe in God. Note, not only Christianity talks about eternal condemnation(hell), other religion do talk about punishment for those who refuse to believe. Choose wisely my fellow Nigerians, stop paying attention to all those oyibo Atheist, think for yourself, this is a very very important decision, probably the most important decision you will ever make in your life, think carefully about what i've just writing a word is enough for a wise.

An Atheist might ask me a personal question, what if there is a God but Christianity turned out to be the wrong religion, well my answer will be, at least i tried, i tried to serve God the best way i could, it's far better than doing nothing. But i know and [b][/b]strongly believe that I am in the right path smiley.

Despite the fact that I was born into a christian family, i got to a point in my life where my rational mind overtook my absolute belief, and i had to stop and question the existence of God. I thought of these things intensively and i came to a conclusion that truly God exist.
I have so much to write to you guys but i am tired of typing.

[b][/b]Speaking on my religious belief as a christian:

The truth will [b][/b]ALWAYS remain the truth, it doesn't matter if you believe it or not. God is very much alive and he is up there watching us, he has been existing long before any of us, the fact that you do not know of his existence will be no excuse. Do your research properly and quickly now that you are still alive. This is a very important decision, one that is not to be toiled with. I believe there is a heaven and a hell, and it is not in my place to question God why he created such a place, he is the creator, and he is perfect, that's all i need to know "BLIND FAITH", he knows it all, i believe he will answer every single question we have when we meet him, thats just it. Just do what Ecclesiastes 12:13 says---- let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter, Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.

Mods please you have to move this to the frontpage, i believe this is a very serious decision everyone has to make please please i beg you in the name of God.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 25, 2016
Most of you guys no nothing about atheism, probably the word atheist should be changed to something else.

Atheist are also concerned about the existential crisis that befalls every conscious being, whether you're 'oyibo' or not, but refuse the explanations of various religions creation stories, not believing in the folklore of medieval shepherds/tribesmen wandering the Arabian desert, African jungles or Indus valley.

Carl sagan once said 'if by God one means the set of physical laws that govern the universe then there is such a God...but it doesn't make sense to pray to the law of gravity.'

Bear in mind that there are higher spatial dimensions of reality than we are living at the present, probably responsible for the supernatural causes and effects we feel, I trust with 'time' that science we provide us with answers.

At the moment science is making man 'God', we're performing mind blowing surgeries, doing thing religious miracle workers couldn't do, at a time sick people were expected to accept their ailment as the will of God by ecclesiastics.

Many of us became agnostics or atheist not because of anger but the dumbness and rigid stances of our men of God when we confront them with existential and ethical questions.

We have a lot to lose if we believe in God whether he exists (but obscure as you stated) or not, firstly religions limits and restricts men from using their mental faculties, religions require men to accept absurd reasons for life questions and so on.
Why should a God that wants you to worship him, refuse to reveal the true way to do that to you, there are hundreds of religions in the world, making guesses to know the right one is wastefully futile. It's a matter of getting the right one or nothing at all. I think God is the loser if I go to hell, heck! He created me, gave me consciousness, I'm like a toy in his supernal hands.

The truth remains that religion is a very pompous enterprise using an outdated manuals for a modern world, while science remains a self correcting albeit imperfect venture.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by cloudgoddess(f): 12:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
Sigh sad

The complexity of the human body and such has been thoroughly explained by evolution by natural selection. No atheist is saying humans magically appeared on earth. It was an extremely gradual, natural process. Please try to learn more about it sincerely from valid sources.

You do not have to have a religion to have hope or purpose in life. Both of those things existed for human beings long before religion (an organized set of beliefs about the world from the perspective of a particular culture) was invented. Living life to the fullest can mean different things for different people, but for the most part we humans all crave healthy, satisfying relationships with people who understand and support us, a reliable source of nourishment & health, meaningful work that makes us feel connected to others and useful to our communities, and expressing our creativity and intellect.

All of those things and more can be had without religion. The only reason you believe religion is necessary for a good life is because you have been brainwashed to think so since birth. You've been psychologically manipulated in a way that causes you to tie everything in life into your belief system, which makes it difficult for you to imagine living without it in any meaningful way. But just because your perspective has been narrowed (again, since birth, so it's very strong conditioning) does not mean that other ways of viewing reality are inferior. You're simply biased in favor of a religious worldview because that's what you've been taught through repitition, social control, & fear.

The last part about a Christian being better off than an atheist if God is real, is a fallacy called Pascal's Wager. Where that argument goes wrong is assuming that there is only one god in question. There are thousands of "possible" gods if we look at all the ones worshipped in human history, and a Christian worshipping the "wrong one" is pretty much just as likely to go to hell as the atheist if he's wrong.

The reason I put "possible" in quotes is because with just a little bit of critical consideration & some facts, it's quite easy to see how gods were invented by human imaginations. They have emotions like anger and wrath, they discriminate, they command war. They supposedly created trillions of planets and stars but are unreasonably invested in one tiny planet inhabited by tiny apes. Their descriptions of nature are completely off scientifically (how peculiar, that a God who supposedly created nature wouldn't be able to accurately describe how nature works). And most of all, have a ton of rules about how these apes should & shouldn't live their lives, most which are clearly barbaric, sexist, & written by ancient men.

Also, the idea that atheism is just for white people is ridiculous, and a clear sign of mental slavery. Especially given the fact that whites were historically the ones who forced Christianity onto Africans in the first place (via slave trade & the stripping of our traditional religions). And now because of their increased knowledge & development they're leaving it behind, while Africans foolishly cling to the religion of their slave traders, thinking they're being smart.

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by MrPRevailer(m): 12:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
This post hit FrontPage in Nairaland?
It's only python and Islam that goes FP ooo. Occasionally, just for pity, something like 'why I stopped going to church' or 'Is paying Tithe compulsory' hits FP.

2 Likes

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by spacyzuma(m): 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
cloudgoddess:
Sigh sad

The complexity of the human body and such has been thoroughly explained by evolution by natural selection. No atheist is saying humans magically appeared on earth. It was an extremely gradual, natural process. Please try to learn more about it sincerely from valid sources.

You do not have to have a religion to have hope or purpose in life. Both of those things existed for human beings long before religion (an organized set of beliefs about the world from the perspective of a particular culture) was invented. Living life to the fullest can mean different things for different people, but for the most part we humans all crave healthy, satisfying relationships with people who understand and support us, a reliable source of nourishment & health, meaningful work that makes us feel connected to others and useful to our communities, and expressing our creativity and intellect.

All of those things and more can be had without religion. The only reason you believe religion is necessary for a good life is because you have been brainwashed to think so since birth. You've been psychologically manipulated in a way that causes you to tie everything in life into your belief system, which makes it difficult for you to imagine living without it in any meaningful way. But just because your perspective has been narrowed (again, since birth, so it's very strong conditioning) does not mean that other ways of viewing reality are inferior. You're simply biased in favor of a religious worldview because that's what you've been taught through repitition, social control, & fear.

The last part about a Christian being better off than an atheist if God is real, is a fallacy called Pascal's Wager. Where that argument goes wrong is assuming that there is only one god in question. There are thousands of "possible" gods if we look at all the ones worshipped in human history, and a Christian worshipping the "wrong one" is pretty much just as likely to go to hell as the atheist if he's wrong.

The reason I put "possible" in quotes is because with just a little bit of critical consideration & some facts, it's quite easy to see how gods were invented by human imaginations. They have emotions like anger and wrath, they discriminate, they command war. They supposedly created trillions of planets and stars but are unreasonably invested in one tiny planet inhabited by tiny apes. Their descriptions of nature are completely off scientifically (how peculiar, that a God who supposedly created nature wouldn't be able to accurately describe how nature works). And most of all, have a ton of rules about how these apes should & shouldn't live their lives, most which are clearly barbaric, sexist, & written by ancient men.

Also, the idea that atheism is just for white people is ridiculous, and a clear sign of mental slavery. Especially given the fact that whites were historically the ones who forced Christianity onto Africans in the first place (via slave trade & the stripping of our traditional religions). And now because of their increased knowledge & development they're leaving it behind, while Africans foolishly cling to the religion of their slave traders, thinking they're being smart.

*standing applause*

2 Likes

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by Thermodynamics(m): 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
MrPRevailer:
It's only python and Islam that goes FP ooo. Occasionally, just for pity, something like 'why I stopped going to church' or 'Is paying Tithe compulsory' hits FP.

Because people don't want to hear the truth, Nigerians like weird news.

2 Likes

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
Christian do have a pretty messed up ideology about atheist
Note that: Christian always say it better to live that there is God and find there is non.Than live like there's no God and found out there is a God

Christians say this cos they are scared of going to Hell,so rather follow blindly and be saved from hell.
What confuses them is how could an atheist take such a risk.

Atheist are not taking any risk,unlike you scared of the unknown.

And even if God comes before my very own eye I still won't accept him.

I won't accept some one who rapped a women,impregnated her ,left her in shame and forced another man to bear the shame with her(imagine yourself in this situation)

Put two people in a garden,put a fruit before them and a snake to tempt them told them not to eat it,common sense won't tell him that even if they don't eat it,there children, or grand children or greater grand children will eat it,and he know they were going to fail

create humans to praise him,what is an Omini God doing with mere human praise

if heaven exist it going to be the most boring place ever created,all we do is praise,we don't enjoy food,No football, no video game,no social media,no marriage,no sex,no fun,no family members

Who will want to go to a place like that?those running from death,those hoping for a better life

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by Edenoscar(m): 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
MrPRevailer:
this is a big lie,more christian threads make front page than atheism and all religion combined

1 Like

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by Thermodynamics(m): 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
Brigham:
Most of you guys no nothing about atheism, probably the word atheist should be changed to something else.

Atheist are also concerned about the existential crisis that befalls every conscious being whether you're 'oyibo' or not, but refuse the explanations of various religions creation stories, not believing in the folklore of medieval shepherds/tribesmen wandering the Arabian desert, African jungles or Indus valley.

Carl sagan once said 'if by God one means the set of physical laws that govern the universe then there is such a God...but it doesn't make sense to pray to the law of gravity.'

Bear in mind that there are higher spatial dimensions of reality than we are living at the present, probably responsible for the supernatural causes and effects we feel, I trust with 'time' that science we provide us with answers.

At the moment science is making man 'God', we're performing mind blowing surgeries, doing thing religious miracle workers couldn't do, at a time sick people were expected to accept their ailment as the will of god by ecclesiastics.

Many of us became agnostics or atheist not because of anger but the dumbness and rigid stances of our men of god when we confront them with existential and ethical questions.

We have a lot to lose if we believe in God whether he exists but obscure as you stated or not, firstly religions limits and restricts men from using their mental faculties, religions require men to accept absurd reasons for life questions and so on.

Why should a God that wants you to worship him, refuse to reveal the true way to do that to you, there are hundreds of religions in the world making guesses to know the right one is wastefully futile. I think God is the loser if I go to hell, heck! He created me, gave me consciousness, I'm like a toy in his supernal hands.

The truth remains that religion is a very pompous enterprise using an outdated manual for a modern world, while science remains a self correcting albeit imperfect venture.

My guy i don't think religion limits and restricts men from using their mental faculties, you can still believe in God and go ahead to do great things, God does not limit you, instead he empowers you with greatness. Religion gives you a sense of hope and a real purpose in life. There are alot of inconsistencies in religion, we can't understand it all because the spiritual realm is beyond our comprehension. I believe that someday God will answer your questions when you meet him, and you will understand and see things differently. You just have to believe blindly(mad faith) and know that his ways and thought are higher than your. It's better to believe in something than nothing, Atheism takes away the hope.

1 Like

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 25, 2016
Thermodynamics:

My guy i don't think religion limits and restricts men from using their mental faculties, you can still believe in God and go ahead to do great things, God does not limit you, instead he empowers you with greatness. Religion gives you a sense of hope and a real purpose in life. There are alot of inconsistencies in religion, we can't understand it all because the spiritual realm is beyond our comprehension. I believe that someday God will answer your questions when you meet him, and you will understand and see things differently. You just have to believe blindly(mad faith) and know that his ways and thought are higher than your. It's better to believe in something than nothing, Atheism takes away the hope.
If you happen to be alive, then in the medieval era, you would know that religion is not just a forwards thinking/invention killer but a dogmatic system that must be done away it.

Get yourself a history book.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by winner01(m): 1:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
Great thread.

cloudgoddess:
Sigh sad
Complexity of life will remain a problem for evolution. Through the available evidence, most of the fossils appear at once, fully formed and not gradually. The early humans were species of apes and nothing more. Other transitional fossils attempted to be misinterpreted by evolutionists have been clearly debunked. Some desperate evolutionists have constructed a whole "early human" from just a lone molar tooth. The desperation is obvious, and we know this from history. Many people have learnt about this and it still makes no sense.

cloudgoddess:

All of those things and more can be had without religion.
There is no reason to hold meaning to life in a meaningless inconsequential universe. If all was indeed a product of meaninglessness and chaos, then nothing you and I say matters. Religion was not invented, religion is as old as humanity itself. You have read too many atheist textbooks. Atheists such Sam Harris have conceeded that religion is a natural part of humans, but still go on to spread their version of hate. Religion has always been the internalization of more permanent values.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4400207_1444884411939403106284342342705938238466676n_jpeg4cb505af6aaf39b6e75e8f7c6bb5813e

All you have said, from satisfying relationships all the way to expression of creativity is wrapped in meaningful exhibitions. This is the reason why theists insist that there is a meaningful purpose behind it all. In real life, humans are meaningful beings. For atheists to preach meaning out of meaninglessness, they need to admit that life itself is a meaningful expression and not just the result of some blind undirected lucky process.

cloudgoddess:
The only reason you believe religion is necessary for a good life is because you have been brainwashed to think so since birth. You've been psychologically manipulated in a way that causes you to tie everything in life into your belief system, which makes it difficult for you to imagine living without it in any meaningful way. But just because your perspective has been narrowed (again, since birth, so it's very strong conditioning) does not mean that other ways of viewing reality are inferior. You're simply biased in favor of a religious worldview because that's what you've been taught through repitition, social control, & fear.
You need to understand that most people born into certain faiths get to a point in their lives where they start to ask questions whise answers will decide whether they remain in the faith or not.
You also need to understand that several people were not born into the faith they are today. I for instance, was irreligious before I found God in a major way.
You need to understandand that most people have their reasons for holding on to particular faiths. Some find meaning, purpose, fulfilment, happiness, relaxation, spiritual satisfaction e.t.c from faith.
You also need to understand that being born into a particular faith says little about the credibility of the faith. Would it be right for me to declare atheism wrong because a kid is born to an atheist family in france?. No. It has to be carefully analysed and argued on other grounds.
You once claimed to practice Zen buddhism right on this forum, even though it is a no-god religion, you practice it for spiritual satisfaction or other reasons best known to you. You need to know that not everyone needs your empty ideas of a "meaningful life without God" until you are willing to provide a better alternative system which may grant the naturally needed spiritual satisfaction to more than 90% of the world's population.
Some of us remain convinced, not through repitition or indoctrination, that there is no better way to live this life than to adhere strictly to Christs commandments which says "Love your neighbour as yourself, Love your enemies.".
If you have a better system, you can present it for careful analysis.

cloudgoddess:
You are wrong. Pascals Wager is not a type of fallacy. It makes sense in that it helps to minimize the risks associated with your actions which is an integral part of any productive plan.
Oh yes, there are thousands of possible gods, but again, this says nothing about their credibility. We can objectively look at the facts, records, texts, evidences, claims and lifestyles espoused by each and then make our inferences.
cloudgoddess:
Sigh sad
The reason I put "possible" in quotes is because with just a little bit of critical consideration & some facts, it's quite easy to see how gods were invented by human imaginations. They have emotions like anger and wrath, they discriminate, they command war. They supposedly created trillions of planets and stars but are unreasonably invested in one tiny planet inhabited by tiny apes. Their descriptions of nature are completely off scientifically (how peculiar, that a God who supposedly created nature wouldn't be able to accurately describe how nature works). And most of all, have a ton of rules about how these apes should & shouldn't live their lives, most which are clearly barbaric, sexist, & written by ancient men..
If man was created in Gods image, then I remain convinced that man could share some of the attributes of God. That explains love and justice.
The christian worldview accounts for the "tiny apes in a tiny speck of dust" as you have provided. King David asked God "What is man, that you are mindful of him?"
God is unimaginably powerful and this power transcends any known human reasoning or intelligence. Our discoveries about the world should leave us in awe of his exceeding greatness. It is understandable that you try to fathom the extent of God's care. Its why you are not God.
It is important to note that The Bible is not a science textbook and was not intended to describe science to us. However, it has been expressly clear on any science subject and most of its scientific descriptions were conceeded by scientists only hundreds of years after the Bible was written

And man is neither an ape nor any animal. Morality, conscience and the mind argues powerfully against this premise.

cloudgoddess:
Atheism is not for anybody. The world has never been atheistic, Nigeria has never been atheistic.
The inability of the human mind to enclose its scope to the small box of atheistic reality is why atheism has gained little or no traction throughout the history of humanity. Atheism has been well around since the beginning of humanity, it still appeals to less than 10% of the worlds population.
Creation is what humans see daily and its what we mimic. Its why we study science, its why we find purpose.
Africa has always been religious, Not only Africa, The world too. Africa has had terrible and babaric practices. The killing of twins is an example in Nigeria, and in Kenya, a single man is employed to disvirgin young ladies in some community i cant remember at the moment. Africa is still deeply immersed into that system. Its why people mix all sorts of babarism with christianity.
Africa will be great when Good leaders come into play and when the masses are reoriented and when we love our Neighbour as ourselves as Jesus commanded.

Brigham:
We are probably confused that you keep twisting the meaning of atheism when launching attacks.
Some term atheism as the rejection of dogma, elevation of science, giving reason a chance, expression of intellectual freedom, admission of apathy towards religion, witholdimg conclusion until evidence is found e.t.c. What we know for sure is that atheism is the disbelief in the existence of God or gods.
This is pretty all atheism is, it does not deal with proof or evidence. It is a stand, a stand with the proposition "There is no God". And that proposition needs to be proven as it is in conflict with the default state of man.

Brigham:

Atheist are also concerned about the existential crisis that befalls every conscious being, whether you're 'oyibo' or not, but refuse the explanations of various religions creation stories, not believing in the folklore of medieval shepherds/tribesmen wandering the Arabian desert, African jungles or Indus valley.
There you go. Another definition given.
Maybe atheists need to meet and deliberate on a single definition so we can grasp the picture.

Brigham:
That is a suggestion by Carl sagan that is of zero importance to me and other like minds. I've made several sugesstions today, i'm not sure you'd like to hear all of them.

Brigham:
If there are higher spatial dimensions, a fact which virtually all theists have conceeded, Is it not foolish to maintain that this reality is all there is.
And also do you think man-made science is well equipped to answer all the questions of God-made reality. I'm a scientist and i dont think so. I opened a thread on "4 objections to scientific based atheism". You can check it my threads.

Brigham:
At the moment science is making man 'God', we're performing mind blowing surgeries, doing thing religious miracle workers couldn't do, at a time sick people were expected to accept their ailment as the will of God by ecclesiastics.
Man is a god and created in the likeness of the one true God. For this reason, we are limitlessly creative. We will go way further than just performing surgeries in the future.
Miracles is not opposed to surgery or treatment. Jesus Christ did not stay in his home and prayed that people come to know God, He worked.
Similarly, I cant stay in my home and pray alone for food. I have to work.
Its called prayer with works.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4400222_s18900711edit_jpeg6a45db14308d7cdc1fab3a17716481b8

Brigham:
Many of us became agnostics or atheist not because of anger but the dumbness and rigid stances of our men of God when we confront them with existential and ethical questions.
No bro. Trust me. Many become atheists out of anger. In fact anger is one of the crucial motivations of new atheists. Its definately not love. You do not mock or insult the sick if truly they are sick.
I admit that the Nigerian christianity gives little credence to apologetics And it has more to do with our "children shup up!" traditional culture. The Bible advises christians to be ready to give answers to people who asked them in love.
Nonetheless, Questions are no reason for a strong mind to give up. One should press until he has gotten answers before making conclusions.

Brigham:

We have a lot to lose if we believe in God whether he exists (but obscure as you stated) or not, firstly religions limits and restricts men from using their mental faculties, religions require men to accept absurd reasons for life questions and so on.
Religion does not limit men from using their mental faculties. The fact that this has been parrotted severally by new atheists do not make it so. Most of the brightest minds that ever lived were deeply religious. Most religious scientists felt the obligation to know how God created our world and this did not hinder them in any way. Your last sentence was made popular by Dawkins. Dawkins is a very angry man. That sentence is false.

Brigham:

Why should a God that wants you to worship him, refuse to reveal the true way to do that to you, there are hundreds of religions in the world, making guesses to know the right one is wastefully futile. It's a matter of getting the right one or nothing at all. I think God is the loser if I go to hell, heck! He created me, gave me consciousness, I'm like a toy in his supernal hands.
God has not refused to reveal his true nature to us. In fact he has. Man's stubborn does not change that fact. If you think God is the loser, then good for you. Your thoughts dont really matter. You have been provided with a solution, you owe it to yourself to critically weigh the evidence for and against your stance and then decide.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4400209_1446285011497481017389922993709444359847789n_jpeg31a9e5cba8693fc3a9b47aec7f3d58a1
Brigham:
The truth remains that religion is a very pompous enterprise using an outdated manuals for a modern world, while science remains a self correcting albeit imperfect venture.
I'm sorry my friend, You are not the custodian of the truth. Your opinion is yours and yours alone. God exists either or not man chooses to worship him. Mans philisophies change nothing. Religions helps us to live right, science helps us to develop creativity. Both compliment each other.
God Bless you.
Re: All Atheist Must Read This by felixomor1: 1:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
cloudgoddess:

The complexity of the human body and such has been thoroughly explained by evolution by natural sel
ection. No atheist is saying humans magically appeared on earth. It was an extremely gradual, natural process. Please try to learn more about it sincerely from valid sources.

These are some of the lies the devil has subtly pushed into our generation.
Evolution has not explained anything in detail.
If you insist, I challenge u to produce the name of one scientist who has a clear explanation of evolution from A-Z.

Ok, let me ask u, if u say humans evolved from bacteria as u claim, please tell is which part evolved first?
The human heart or the human blood?
Which appeared first, the chicken or the egg?

cloudgoddess:

Can u please produce evidence to back up ur claim that religion was invented?
Exactly, Where and when?
Be specific.

And life is more than living to the fullest. If everyone is allowed to roam within their "fullest". We would all be dead.
We need God's guidance.

cloudgoddess:

All of those things and more can be had without religion. [b]The only reason you believe religion is necessary for a good life is because you have been brainwashed to think so since birth. [/b]You've been psychologically manipulated in a way that causes you to tie everything in life into your belief system, which makes it difficult for you to imagine living without it in any meaningful way. But just because your perspective has been narrowed (again, since birth, so it's very strong conditioning) does not mean that other ways of viewing reality are inferior. You're simply biased in favor of a religious worldview because that's what you've been taught through repitition, social control, & fear.

Again if u claim, religion is due to birth influence, then u have to produce evidence to explain its origin.
Or did religion evolve as part of human beigns too?

cloudgoddess:

Even by ur explanation,
The atheist has zero chance.
But the Christian has a larger chance.
And if u know any other God that has been substantiated for beyond doubt more than God, then bring foward the prophecies, scriptures and recorded miracles of that god.
Let us evaluate, bit upon bit. And compare.

cloudgoddess:

The reason I put "possible" in quotes is because with just a little bit of critical consideration & some facts, it's quite easy to see how gods were invented by human imaginations. T
hey have emotions like anger and wrath, they discriminate, they command war. They supposedly created trillions of planets and stars but are unreasonably invested in one tiny planet inhabited by tiny apes. Their descriptions of nature are completely off scientifically (how peculiar, that a God who supposedly created nature wouldn't be able to accurately describe how nature works). And most of all, have a ton of rules about how these apes should & shouldn't live their lives, most which are clearly barbaric, sexist, & written by ancient men.

Again u make claims of invented God, but u produce no evidence to substantiate ur claim.
How, when and where it was invented.

By the way, u r not an ape.

cloudgoddess:

Sorry Jesus was not white.
Christianity was already into Africa via Ethiopians, Egyptians, nubians etc long before white men started preaching Jesus.
One thing is familiar with all of u, u people purposely never like to be detail.
U mix up summaries and twisted facts and jump the gun to arrive at conclusions and then rush away. Yet claim to be scientific.
And Sorry, which countries exactly are leaving religion behind?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2016
felixomor1:

These are some of the lies the devil has subtly pushed into our generation.
Evolution has not explained anything in detail.
If you insist, I challenge u to produce the name of one scientist who has a clear explanation of evolution from A-Z.

Ok, let me ask u, if u say humans evolved from bacteria as u claim, please tell is which part evolved first?
The human heart or the human blood?
Which appeared first, the chicken or the egg?

Can u please produce evidence to back up ur claim that religion was invented?
Exactly, Where and when?
Be specific.

And life is more than living to the fullest. If everyone is allowed to roam within their "fullest". We would all be dead.
We need God's guidance.

Again if u claim, religion is due to birth influence, then u have to produce evidence to explain its origin.
Or did religion evolve as part of human beigns too?

Even by ur explanation,
The atheist has zero chance.
But the Christian has a larger chance.
And if u know any other God that has been substantiated for beyond doubt more than God, then bring foward the prophecies, scriptures and recorded miracles of that god.
Let us evaluate, bit upon bit. And compare.

Again u make claims of invented God, but u produce no evidence to substantiate ur claim.
How, when and where it was invented.

By the way, u r not an ape.

Sorry Jesus was not white.
Christianity was already into Africa via Ethiopians, Egyptians, nubians etc long before white men started preaching Jesus.
One thing is familiar with all of u, u people purposely never like to be detail.
U mix up summaries and twisted facts and jump the gun to arrive at conclusions and then rush away. Yet claim to be scientific.
And Sorry, which countries exactly are leaving religion behind?
Bro!, what you wrote up there is simply incoherent.

It's either you've a difficulty comprehending or you just want to be mischievous.(no offence)

Read so much crap, men I can't deal.

Are there no intelligent theist on nairaland.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by felixomor1: 1:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
Brigham:

It's either you've a difficulty comprehending or you just want to be mischievous.(no offence)

And its either u cant read a reply or u r not literate.
Sorry, no offence.
Just facts.
Re: All Atheist Must Read This by Thermodynamics(m): 1:30pm On Oct 25, 2016
cloudgoddess:
Sigh sad

Okay, i get you. I want you to ask yourself this question, how do you think man originated?. Do you believe in the big bang theory?. There is this philosophical expression that says "nothing comes out of nothing", if you think that the universe came through evolution, then it's only logical to say that evolution had a starting point, where the very first evolution occured and it must have came out of nothing (Spirit realm). It means that you and i, and everything else you see around you was created by a supernatural being who has been existing long before anything else not by some random explosion as the big band theory suggest. Do you realise that of all the planets in the universe, man can only survive on planet earth? Do you think that man being in earth is a coincidence?. There is a God my sister. As for your statement that the whites brainwashed us into Christianity, i believe that we were shown a parth and we accepted it because we saw the truth in it. You were thought that 2+2=4, you believed it because it is logically correct. That's how Christianity in Africa is, we were given an information, we processed it and saw that it was correct nothing more. We were not brainwashed.

2 Likes

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by Ramon92: 1:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
Thermodynamics:

I disagree with you. Religion does limit one's mental faculties. What do you call faith then? What about miracles? If it doesn't limit reasoning, why is questioning the origin of God not allowed?

Most of the scientific, engineering and technological breakthroughs we have today wouldn't have been possible if man hadn't observed and questioned whatever happened in his environment. Would malaria, typhoid, smallpox, ebola etc have had a cure if man had just sat down and prayed??

God does not limit, yet his empowerment of man makes it easier for man to make him look like an 'idiot'; take for example when those that founded modern religion thought the earth was flat and the sun revolves round the earth. That premise would be valid these times if man hadn't researched and questioned it. And if religion is inconsistent, that means God itself is inconsistent, no?

What you call spiritual is what I call life at a nano level which science might not be able to explain satisfactorily at the moment but will surely do as time goes on. Whatever answers we seek are right before our eyes, we just have to expand our minds to find them which unfortunately religion and God can't offer.

Religion only give a mirage of hope for those who are weak minded and scared of the unknown, more like someone hanging on to straws when sinking..

I'm not an atheist but I think you don't understand what atheism is all about...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by spacyzuma(m): 1:53pm On Oct 25, 2016
Brigham:

This is true.
My mouth was wide open as I read his comment. I couldn't believe it. grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by GRIMMJOE(m): 2:07pm On Oct 25, 2016
I will advice any sane person to avoid conversations with felixmor1 he is a Lost Psycho- Path

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by BodyKiss(m): 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
cloudgoddess:
Sigh sad

Brilliant piece.

The fallacious reasoning by Nigerian Christians that atheism is for white is just too laughable. I wonder how they fail to see the hypocrisy in that statement. The whites brought Christianity to Nigeria, not atheism.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by TomHagen: 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2016
BodyKiss:

Brilliant piece.

The fallacious reasoning by Nigerian Christians that atheism is for white is just too laughable. I wonder how they fail to see the hypocrisy in that statement. The whites brought Christianity to Nigeria, not atheism.
Dishonest much? Everyone in Africa before the coming of the Europeans believed in one deity or the other while most acknowledged a Supremo as greater than all others.

1 Like

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by winner01(m): 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
TomHagen:
Dishonest much? Everyone in Africa before the coming of the Europeans believed in one deity or the other while most acknowledged a Supremo as greater than all others.
I mentioned this earlier. Why do atheists think africans need to go back to atheism as if atheism was ever african undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by MrMontella(m): 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
Thermodynamics:
I am a christian but i am not here to convince you that Christianity is the right religion, what am here to say is that "IT MAKES NO SENSE TO BE AN ATHEIST" i mean just think about the existence of man
this has been explained..

the complexity of the human body
this has been broken down

the complexity of the brain
thats what researches are for...
It evolved tho..

how the human mind works, how do you explain the the fact that you are conscious, what about the fact that you have a rational mind, that you can think clearly and be logical and compared to animals
even animals are conscious..
A bird-brain grasped the ''zero'' concept---a feat which only 3 years old and upwards can achieve..

the list is endless. Dont even get me started with the complexities of the universe undecided come on guys, all of these couldn't have happened by chance
your definition of chance is misdefined..

sad , there has to be a creator behind all these. My point is that " IT MAKES MORE SENSE TO BELIEVE IN THE EXISTENCE OF GOD THAN TO BELIEVE HE DOESN'T EXIST". Weda be it christian or Muslim or any other religion, it's far better than being an atheist. To believe in something is better than believing in nothing.
what about the deists?
Is God tied to religion?
Hell No!

Atheism takes away the hope. Why not believe in God, you have nothing to lose.

My next set of paragraphs are excluded to Atheist who choose to denial the existence of God because they are angry at God for not getting them a job or granting their heart desires which in any case will always hold on to their hate and anger towards God claiming to be an Atheist even though they know God exist. They are excluded because they already know of God's existence, they just don't like the idea of being a christian anymore due to personal issues.There is nothing i am going to write now that will change their view towards Christianity or any other religion for that matter.
you really have a wrong perception about atheist bro...

I would open a special tread for them, for now i am just doing as the spirit leads.

Now to the open minded Atheist:

If you are not still convinced with what i wrote up there, we can go your way. I am quite sure these set of Atheist are very logical and rational human beings, i mean it's because you have done extensive research on the concept of religion and you've found some inconsistencies that's why you don't believe in the existence of a supreme being, okay, let's do this your way, nobody can totally proof that God exist, and of course nobody can also flawlessly proof that God does not exist
how can you disprove something which was created and given the 3 I's?
i1---Inaudible(generally)
i2---invisible
i3---imperceptible?

even though there are more facts proofing the existence of God".

it's only logical that enternity can only exist in one of the two scenarios:

[b][/b]Case one: A Christian and an Atheist dies and found out that there is no God afterall, well the Atheist will just say, see, i told you God doesn't exist, and that's the end. They both have nothing to lose right?

[b][/b]case two: A Christian and an Atheist dies and found out that there is a God afterall, the christian goes to heaven and the Atheist goes to hell. Who is the loser at the end of the day?, i think you already know .

See, you have absolutely nothing to lose by believing in the existence of God, but stands a chance of losing everything if you don't believe in God. Note, not only Christianity talks about eternal condemnation(hell), other religion do talk about punishment for those who refuse to believe. Choose wisely my fellow Nigerians, stop paying attention to all those oyibo Atheist
oyibo atheists bro?
One has to listen to a white to disbelieve in something?
Is this really what the whites have done to you?
Inferiority?

think for yourself, this is a very very important decision, probably the most important decision you will ever make in your life, think carefully about what i've just writing a word is enough for a wise.

An Atheist might ask me a personal question, what if there is a God but Christianity turned out to be the wrong religion, well my answer will be, at least i tried, i tried to serve God the best way i could, it's far better than doing nothing. But i know and [b][/b]strongly believe that I am in the right path smiley.

Despite the fact that I was born into a christian family, i got to a point in my life where my rational mind overtook my absolute belief, and i had to stop and question the existence of God. I thought of these things intensively and i came to a conclusion that truly God exist.
I have so much to write to you guys but i am tired of typing.

[/b]Speaking on my religious belief as a christian:

The truth will [b][/b]ALWAYS remain the truth, it doesn't matter if you believe it or not. God is very much alive and he is up there watching us, he has been existing long before any of us, the fact that you do not know of his existence will be no excuse. Do your research properly and quickly now that you are still alive. This is a very important decision, one that is not to be toiled with. I believe there is a heaven and a hell, and it is not in my place to question God why he created such a place, he is the creator and he is perfect, that's all i need to know "BLIND FAITH", he [b]knows it all, i believe he will answer every single question we have when we meet him
assuming your version exists...what makes you believe he will answer your questions?
If while on earth and all your talking,gisting,laughing with him he couldnt...
Even when moses asked him of his name---
the supposed name is an ego filled statement like ''mind your business''

thats just it. Just do what Ecclesiastes 12:13 says---- let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.

Mods please you have to move this to the frontpage, i believe this is a very serious decision everyone has to make please please i beg you in the name of God.
*scoffs*
Re: All Atheist Must Read This by taurus25(m): 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
Classical example of an emotional appeal and FEAR OF HELL.

Its very obvious, even if theists try to deny this, that the main reason why many people remain religious that they fear eternal damnation in hell.

Not only is this saddening and pathetic, it is also pityable. Christains have tried severally to rationalize the concept of an all loving god creating hell , by stating that hell wasnt created for man.

However, which ever way you look at it, logically, the concept of hell alone betrays Gods Ominscience and Omnibenovelence.

Which ever god falls short of these two qualities hardly qualifies to bear the title "God".

As an agnostic , i dont know if a creator might exist or not, but of all religions in existence, the idea of the creator in which they propose usually turns out to be fallacious and self contradictory.

2 Likes

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by hopefulLandlord: 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
Brigham:

spacyzuma:

This is true.
My mouth was wide open as I read his comment. I couldn't believe it. grin

GRIMMJOE:
I will advice any sane person to avoid conversations with felixmor1 he is a Lost Psycho- Path

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by MrMontella(m): 3:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
Winner01...the piraha people of the amazon jungle have no religion...
Re: All Atheist Must Read This by winner01(m): 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
taurus25:
Classical example of an emotional appeal and FEAR OF HELL.

Its very obvious, even if theists try to deny this, that the main reason why many people remain religious that they fear eternal damnation in hell.

Not only is this saddening and pathetic, it is also pityable. Christains have tried severally to rationalize the concept of an all loving god creating hell , by stating that hell wasnt created for man.

However, which ever way you look at it, logically, the concept of hell alone betrays Gods Ominscience and Omnibenovelence.

We dont fear Hell, we have no reason to.
We fear God. Fear here is translated from.the word "yirat" which means reverence. We reverence God.

Hell exists and was not created for man. If you wish it away, it does not change anything.

God is all loving and is also a God of Justics.

He is a lamb and He is a lion.

We dont think about hell. I personally dont think about hell as much as I think about heaven.

Do you have any new arguments or is it still this stale arguments you can bring forth undecided
Re: All Atheist Must Read This by winner01(m): 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
MrMontella:
Winner01...the piraha people of the amazon jungle have no religion...
Thats right. Adam also had no religion. I cant consider myself to have a religion.
Re: All Atheist Must Read This by winner01(m): 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2016
MrMontella:

It evolved tho..

A bird-brain grasped the ''zero'' concept---a feat which only 3 years old and upwards can achieve..

what about the deists?
Is God tied to religion?
Hell No!

i2---invisible
i3---imperceptible?

oyibo atheists bro?
Inferiority?

assuming your version exists...what makes you believe he will answer your questions?

*scoffs*
Bro. This is sad!
Re: All Atheist Must Read This by winner01(m): 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2016
GRIMMJOE:
Is he insane because his views differ from yours undecided
Re: All Atheist Must Read This by taurus25(m): 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
winner01:
We dont fear Hell, we have no reason to.
We fear God. Fear here is translated from.the word "yirat" which means reverence. We reverence God.

Hell exists and was not created for man. If you wish it away, it does not change anything.

God is all loving and is also a God of Justics.

He is a lamb and He is a lion.

We dont think about hell. I personally dont think about hell as much as I think about heaven.

Do you have any new arguments or is it still this stale arguments you can bring forth undecided
Whether hell was not intended for man or not, before the first words of creation was said, an OMNISCIENT being, in this case, yahweh you belive in, would have known that man would end up there.

If with such knowledge of future events, yahweh still created hell, then, he is not OMNIBENOVELENT.

1 Like

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by hopefulLandlord: 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
MrMontella:

It evolved tho..

what about the deists?
Is God tied to religion?
Hell No!

i2---invisible
i3---imperceptible?

oyibo atheists bro?
Inferiority?

*scoffs*

GREAT!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Atheist Must Read This by jonbellion(m): 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
GRIMMJOE:
lmao creationists sha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Truth Doesnt Change Regardless Of How Many People Might Deny It. / Welcome To NL Where You Get To See 80% Of Theist And Philosophers In Nigeria?lol / Benny-hinn-remarries-former-wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 281
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.