Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (616) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3682775 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Energist1(m): 8:46pm On Jun 21, 2018
what of economists, where are we likely to be posted please
Sharaf4:
Sorry you don't know how DPR works. For the engineers, be ready to be posted to Warrior, Port Harcourt or Lagos. Some of u guys in downstream will be posted to terminal operations which means u will be working 1 week offshore and 1 week time off all to yourself but if u are posted to terminal operations in PH, u will be working 2 weeks offshore and 2 weeks time off. If you are posted to upstream u will still be working offshore with time off but not on permanent basis like terminal operations because u will still be reporting to office. The good thing abt terminal operations is that u can stay anywhere since you are not office staff, u can stay in Abuja and be working in Warri.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Energist1(m): 8:48pm On Jun 21, 2018
God forbid in Jesus name haha
Babagy823:
maiduguri field office,
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 21, 2018
To the best of my knowledge Nobody have been given APL yet oo. I still put a call accross today and i was told we would be contacted very soon(it could be tomorrow, monday or even tonight sef). Its no longer news that all is set so there's no need to panic or rush anything. I'm very hopeful we will get called this month.
I was told we would be picking up APLs not via courier( apparently some APLs get lost in the mail). I was also told we "may" be given just 2 weeks to resume. Either ways we can all prepare towards a scenario in which we only have 2 weeks to resume( it may be more but it won't hurt strategizing towards such). Pls let's just chill and wait for the official emails/calls etc. Forget about sponsors, stakeholders ish pls. Goodluck to everyone.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by pedroito: 8:50pm On Jun 21, 2018
@Tami, kindly confirm what marvel mentioned earlier since you are already here
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by msb247(m): 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2018
In my opinion, this recruitment is too sensitive for DPR to have come this far (with the attendant delays, stress, attention, etc) and decide to just hand out APL's to a selected few before others are officially contacted. I could be wrong but I think the best they could do is let them know that their candidates were considered and would be contacted directly. After all the stakeholders may have gone through will they expect early contact or complain or dictate exactly how & when to receive APL's after being assured of their candidates' success? I don't think so! Besides, even if only 5 people have their letters before official contact is made may lead to unnecessary tension and brouhaha because many will be disappointed and may consider the whole recruitment as unfair or hijacked or something like that since they feel they're influential.

Tami spoke well and as marvel said, time will tell. Now that it's a sure thing that the end is here, everyone should please exercise patience. If we can survive over 700 days of all these why not 10 days or less? Chill guys. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2018
Nobody has been given APL, doesnt matter who you sponsor is. You can know if you're successful but no one has their letter. In 2 weeks God willing after DD resumes work on Monday we shall get our APL's
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Abujafirstson(m): 9:14pm On Jun 21, 2018
Tamihawtt:
To the best of my knowledge Nobody have been given APL yet oo. I still put a call accross today and i was told we would be contacted very soon(it could be tomorrow, monday or even tonight sef). Its no longer news that all is set so there's no need to panic or rush anything. I'm very hopeful we will get called this month.
I was told we would be picking up APLs not via courier( apparently some APLs get lost in the mail). I was also told we "may" be given just 2 weeks to resume. Either ways we can all prepare towards a scenario in which we only have 2 weeks to resume( it may be more but it won't hurt strategizing towards such). Pls let's just chill and wait for the official emails/calls etc. Forget about sponsors, stakeholders ish pls. Goodluck to everyone.

Just my own analysis, @legendary @marvelous @Tami topehawt putting all ur info together, I got diz.
APLs can b given before/on/after 25th June and also b told to resume after 2weeks. So hopefuls make we just chilax n pray, its coming to an end by God grace amin.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by kbrule1: 9:31pm On Jun 21, 2018
From my findings, the DDCS is not yet back from his Sallah break so it'll be extremely unimaginable for letters to be distributed when Mr Tata is not on seat.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by jjino4u: 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2018
SOMEONE WILL TAKE HOURS OF HIS/HER TIME AND TYPE LONG EPISTLE JUST TO DECEIVE PEOPLE FOR POPULARITY. WE DONT COMMENT HERE BUT WE MAY SEEM TO HAVE FIRST LEVEL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS RECRUITMENT.

PLEASE DO NOT TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE PROPER INFO ABOUT. THOUGH WE CANNOT BLAME HOPEFULS FOR BELIEVING YOU BUT DON'T DECEIVE OR LIE TO THEM.

GOD BLESS US ALL AND GIVE US OUR HEART DESIRES

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by TDultimate(m): 10:12pm On Jun 21, 2018
jjino4u:
SOMEONE WILL TAKE HOURS OF HIS/HER TIME AND TYPE LONG EPISTLE JUST TO DECEIVE PEOPLE FOR POPULARITY. WE DONT COMMENT HERE BUT WE MAY SEEM TO HAVE FIRST LEVEL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS RECRUITMENT.

PLEASE DO NOT TELL PEOPLE WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE PROPER INFO ABOUT. THOUGH WE CANNOT BLAME HOPEFULS FOR BELIEVING YOU BUT DON'T DECEIVE OR LIE TO THEM.

GOD BLESS US ALL AND GIVE US OUR HEART DESIRES

If u cannot share ur first level information here with us then u have no right to comment on this matter. Thus u should even stop visiting us.. cos he presence is useless..

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by OutOfTheAshes(m): 10:17pm On Jun 21, 2018
#JustHereToReadComments
#LoggingOut...... grin

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by TDultimate(m): 10:24pm On Jun 21, 2018
msb247:
In my opinion, this recruitment is too sensitive for DPR to have come this far (with the attendant delays, stress, attention, etc) and decide to just hand out APL's to a selected few before others are officially contacted. I could be wrong but I think the best they could do is let them know that their candidates were considered and would be contacted directly. After all the stakeholders may have gone through will they expect early contact or complain or dictate exactly how & when to receive APL's after being assured of their candidates' success? I don't think so! Besides, even if only 5 people have their letters before official contact is made may lead to unnecessary tension and brouhaha because many will be disappointed and may consider the whole recruitment as unfair or hijacked or something like that since they feel they're influential.

Tami spoke well and as marvel said, time will tell. Now that it's a sure thing that the end is here, everyone should please exercise patience. If we can survive over 700 days of all these why not 10 days or less? Chill guys. smiley

What is d matter?
If he says he has received his letter, there's no need saying it's a lie.
We simply ask him evidence. In nigeria anything is possible..

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
Dis our country funny no be small sha.

Dis latest talk about people wey der connect don help dem collect der own APLs just dey remind me of doze days for nursery and primary school, wey our parents dey help us go collect our report cards.

If really sey na true, na em be sey mr shakur no really strong or dey straight like una dey paint am here since oh.

Btw, doze of una wey dey dey send me PM since dey beg me to help una check una name for the list, abeg make una excercise small patience, I never compile d list finish. Once I finish am, I go holla una.

7 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by msb247(m): 10:47pm On Jun 21, 2018
TDultimate:

What is d matter?
If he says he has received his letter, there's no need saying it's a lie.
We simply ask him evidence. In nigeria anything is possible..

Oga, I didn't say it's a lie o! For DPR sake it's just an opinion of mine which I mentioned that it could turn out not to be the case so I should be the one asking you what the matter is. By the way, you are forgiven smiley
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by msb247(m): 10:55pm On Jun 21, 2018
hammer2010:
Dis our country funny no be small sha.

Dis latest talk about people wey der connect don help dem collect der own APLs just dey remind me of doze days for nursery and primary school, wey our parents dey help us go collect our report cards.

If really sey na true, na em be sey mr shakur no really strong or dey straight like una dey paint am here since oh.

Btw, doze of una wey dey dey send me PM since dey beg me to help una check una name for the list, abeg make una excercise small patience, I never compile d list finish. Once I finish am, I go holla una.

So na from nursery/primary you start? I been dey think say you skip am come start from secondary because u make them laugh too much sotay the school suspect say you don pass that level

grin grin grin
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by naijainstinct: 10:56pm On Jun 21, 2018
TDultimate:

If u cannot share ur first level information here with us then u have no right to comment on this matter. Thus u should even stop visiting us.. cos he presence is useless..
Perfect.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by jjino4u: 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2018
TDultimate:

WHY NOT WAIT FOR YOU TO BE CONTACTED THAN GIVING YOURSELF A HIGH BP. YOU WANT ME TO COME AND LIE TO YOU BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN?

I CANNOT CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR COLLAPSE. I AM SURE YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE WAITING FOR 25TH TO GET APL. I WISH YOU CAN BORROW SOME BRAINS

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by StanUc(m): 11:05pm On Jun 21, 2018
Though I am not approving or disapproving anybody's opinion. The 2016 FIRS recruitment that was recently concluded had similar scenarios like the one playing out here at the moment.
Wish everyone good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 21, 2018
msb247:

So na from nursery you start? I been dey think say you skip nursery come start from primary because u make them laugh too much sotay the school suspect say you don pass that level tongue

grin grin grin

Funny enough, nursery school been never come out sef when I been dey small
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 21, 2018
I would like to apologise for the information I posted this evening that may have caused tension and panic. I understand clearly that some persons can’t handle the truth. Please disregard and wait for the approved date.

The recruitment was fair and transparent and I want to reiterate that Mr. Tata is a man of integrity and has made effort to ensure that the best hands have been selected that can add more value to the system irrespective of whether some have received APLs or not at this time. People should share information that can benefit others. Everything said on this thread is subject to debate even if you are a DPR staff or consultant. Seeking popularity shouldn’t be anyone’s top priority, it would only defeat the purpose of this thread.

Please those with first hand info should share, this is a faceless forum. Don’t be afraid to do so. Thank you.

Good luck guys!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by square62: 11:14pm On Jun 21, 2018
@ Marvel,

Your the main man.

We trust you.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by TDultimate(m): 11:17pm On Jun 21, 2018
Marvel64:
I would like to apologise for the information I posted this evening that may have caused tension and panic. I understand clearly that some persons can’t handle the truth. Please disregard and wait for the approved date.

The recruitment was fair and transparent and I want to reiterate that Mr. Tata is a man of integrity and has made effort to ensure that the best hands have been selected that can add more value to the system irrespective of whether some have received APLs or not at this time. People should share information that can benefit others. Everything said on this thread is subject to debate even if you are a DPR staff or consultant. Seeking popularity shouldn’t be anyone’s top priority, it would only defeat the purpose of this thread.

Please those with first hand info should share, this is a faceless forum. Don’t be afraid to do so. Thank you.

Good luck guys!

Anybody that cannot share his first level information is a coward..
U a a hero my friend...

6 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by StanUc(m): 11:19pm On Jun 21, 2018
Though I am not approving or disapproving anybody's opinion. The 2016 FIRS recruitment that was recently concluded had similar scenarios like the one paying out here at the moment.
Wish everyone good luck!

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by naijainstinct: 11:23pm On Jun 21, 2018
Tamihawtt may be right and Marvel64 may not be wrong either. I have seen too many so-called "impossibilities" become possibilities and many protocols broken in this Nigeria.

Truth is there are heirarchies and .....where one person's connect ends is where that of another starts. The truth remains that if anyone is privileged to have gotten their letters now, they wont come on Nairaland to say it for fear of being called out or perhaps they may have been warned sternly.

I called DPR this morning to hear from them if we should be expecting their sms/mail soon. The man who answered gave the usual "Results are not yet ready. We are still compiling the results. Just pray you are among the selected." At that moment, I knew I had just wasted my airtime.

I accompanied someone to pick up an appointment letter in a top govt agency (wont mention the name for obvious reasons but not DPR) earlier this year and the file from which the letter was pulled out had a large inscription "SECRET" on it. I was wondering what is secret about employment again? But it is what it is......even in govt agencies, access to top secret isn't possible for all staff. When I picked up my appt (with a federal parastatal too), we were made to sign an oath of secrecy (not to divulge official info to persons we are not mandated to in the course of our duty) and this alone makes everyone careful of what they say or share.

Let us respect each other's opinion or information and raise observations with objectivity while considering the time and effort taken by each person to get us that information.

In another 3-4 weeks, what is hidden will be brought to light. At the end, it will be alright, and if aint alright, it isn't the end.

Wish you all the best as we wait a little bit more

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Crane1: 1:44am On Jun 22, 2018
This act depicts maturity and taking responsibility for one's action... This is highly commendable.

Your post on this thread and comportment relay how people should react to divergent views from others, no need to claim superiority, Jez stay on your on lane, while welcoming others too.

Thank you once again for all your information, and particularly how you display maturity even in the midst of contrary views to yours. And also not being discouraged, nor angrily counter other informants view coz of perceived attack on your information.

To me, I personally like your disposition and confidence.

Marvel64:

Good luck guys!

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Talento(m): 2:24am On Jun 22, 2018
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Talento(m): 2:39am On Jun 22, 2018

13 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 5:01am On Jun 22, 2018
AlZubair

This is a reminder...

You didn't give us the count down as at 12 midnight.

Last warning!

8 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 7:02am On Jun 22, 2018

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Pdirac: 9:21am On Jun 22, 2018
pedroito:
Even Onyiridike has gotten hers.... Congrats

@Onyiridike, say something about this, is it true?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Deykay: 9:49am On Jun 22, 2018
@Legend90 & Hammer2010..... pls help me check my name to know if I'm successful.
ALIYU KABIRU.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Energist1(m): 10:44am On Jun 22, 2018
Hmmmm,

If i remember correctly, the last time DPR got people to the next stage of recruitment which was the interview stage,we noticed that those that didnt successfully make it to the next stage had their DPR profiles deleted or something like that. i have about 2 friends that didnt make it to the next stage and they couldnt access their accounts anymore. So im wondering if DPR would do the same thing in this case. If not, are the Unsuccessful candidates just going to have their accounts open there to remind them of what could have been?

The reason i am writing this epistle is just in relation to the pandemonium regarding "If my name is on the list, abi my name is not on the list" issue. Wouldnt DPR have a more subtle way of letting candidates know?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.