Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (671) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3678514 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 10:56am On Jul 11, 2018
No it was not issued
pillgist:

Okay, that’s good. So how far with COC now, have they issued it?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 11, 2018
elbangeez:
No it was not issued
Haa, that means the wait continues. May God help us.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 11:06am On Jul 11, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 11:07am On Jul 11, 2018
Coc will be issued this week probably, expect APL next week,
pillgist:

Haa, that means the wait continues. May God help us.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by epic5: 11:07am On Jul 11, 2018
hammer2010:
If by 23.59hrs on Sunday and DPR hasn't started contacting successful candidates officially, I shall take them head on. I shall lead a team to their zonal office here in Port Harcourt, and make sure I draw the attention of the public to this whole drama currently unfolding. Nonsense!

I am with you on this. PM me when you are ready
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 11:12am On Jul 11, 2018
Less than 20% made the merit list, Federal charachter was partially followed, FCC saw that they cant fight it so they settled for slots, once DPR send them the APLs of their candidates FCC will issue them CoC. All the letters were typed and signed as at yesterday, and FCC are waiting for their own share of the proceed.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by csimms7: 11:16am On Jul 11, 2018
Firstly, you've proven to be a noisemaker and a raving ranting person. If you tell me you won't ask for any favours you're the biggest of all liars and a huge self deceiver. In your everyday life, you ask for favours. Abeg park one side. Don't come here and tell me rubbish next time. I don't insult people here and you're probably going to be the first.

I'm going to tell you why she said her "life story" Mr. Deductive. She said her story because people made her feel like she didn't put in the effort. She had to put that story out to let y'all know that she even sacrificed a baby!!! Now, go back to her post and read further down to see what some people said.

And in your comments about DPR handling a situation, you expect DPR to come and tell you that they were handing APLs out to shareholders/sponsors list first abi?

I even blame the people that posted their APLs here. What they did to help calm nerves and reassure us that the process is really over is what has come to hunt them. PEOPLE LEARN OOOO!!!!

I check my statements with respect to "rude" and in this post, I was rude to you and I can be more should you not check yourself first!!!

I sent my first post because it isn't easy for a woman to loose a child. It mentally and psychologically tasking and for you to even term it "her lifestory", that shows a lot about your person.

dprpikin:

I think this your post is more of noise making than reasoning.

To start with, not everybody here would have used connections if they had any. At least, I'm very very sure of myself. It is not just about religion (holy holy), it is also about what I stand for and value.

Then coming to the lady who lost her baby, I can't remember reading any particular post that personally called her out. She, out of the blues, told her life story of which many commiserated with her. In fact, that her post got me confused; wondering which of the comments she was reacting to. It was after that post that people disagreed with her claim about merit.

If you were a little deductive and not just being sentimental, you would have noticed that majority of the people were venting much of their grievance against DPR and their handling of the APLs distribution. What can one do about people who have connections and are using it? But one would have expected DPR as an organization with a well defined structure to perform better than they did.

Finally, you may wish to table your points without being rude. Rude underlined.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 11:19am On Jul 11, 2018
elbangeez:
Less than 20% made the merit list, Federal charachter was partially followed, FCC saw that they cant fight it so they settled for slots, once DPR send them the APLs of their candidates FCC will issue them CoC. All the letters were typed and signed as at yesterday, and FCC are waiting for their own share of the proceed.

Possible
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Clemexy20(m): 11:21am On Jul 11, 2018
dprpikin:

Question from the pit of hell... grin grin grin
this is surprising o. DPR is dispatching letters n u r still talking abt COC?. hmmmm. we better wake-up from sleep.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by crownman: 11:23am On Jul 11, 2018
Shey DPR no go call/mail or text person nii? cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by lolablacq: 11:24am On Jul 11, 2018
hammer2010:
If by 23.59hrs on Sunday and DPR hasn't started contacting successful candidates officially, I shall take them head on. I shall lead a team to their zonal office here in Port Harcourt, and make sure I draw the attention of the public to this whole drama currently unfolding. Nonsense!

I concur, Lagos candidates too can do the same. We’ll call d attention of d media both social media, paper media, radio etc. If we won’t benefit from the outcome, at least let’s secure the Future. #ThisNonsenseMustStop

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 11:26am On Jul 11, 2018
Everythng was settled between DPR and FCC, all they want is for DPR to include some names and CoC will be issued, the stakeholders candidates are the real DPR staffs (thats the bitter truth), whatever happened their employement stands, if their is going to be any check and balance is going to be On commoners APLs thats why DPR are not afraid to issue stakeholders' APLs. But our APLs are hanging probably because of CoC
Clemexy20:
this is surprising o. DPR is dispatching letters n u r still talking abt COC?. hmmmm. we better wake-up from sleep.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by balisco: 11:27am On Jul 11, 2018
Clemexy20:
lol...........no b small tin o. we go hear from dem by d grace of God. cox me na God I depend. I no get any oda help o
Mr applying dis method in a peaceful manner is a good idea to draw d attention of d public as well the so called government. Dat shld b done at Abj, PH and lag if and only if DPR did not contact successful officially. Recalling all d risk involved travelling from state to state by applicants to write exam and also coming for interview and at d end of d time not a probability sampling to show all population involved are well represented. Non probability sampling taken by DPR at this stage is unprofessional bcus DPR clearly explain dis recruitment procedure from deir website. The above measure is not cause problem but to let DPR know dat dis is digital age not analog and applicants are now smarter Dan b4.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by FixNaija(m): 11:28am On Jul 11, 2018
Good day guys and I can see that everywhere is tensed up. The last post I dropped here was about going on twitter to request DPR to make a comment regarding this recruitment. Well, I still want to say if by Saturday as hammer has suggested, nothing happens, let's start a twitter handle #DPRrecruitment2016isfraud. there are so many handles we can tag to get them to say/do something. I agree that maybe my scores weren't good enough to get me the job but I have followed this thread and so many persons here deserve this job. How long are we going to allow the political class steal what rightfully belongs to us? Imagine 100 of us tweeting with the above hastag, we will trend massively and DPR will be forced to do something.

#myopinion

11 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 11:30am On Jul 11, 2018
Im with you on this
FixNaija:
Good day guys and I can see that everywhere is tensed up. The last post I dropped here was about going on twitter to request DPR to make a comment regarding this recruitment. Well, I still want to say if by Saturday as hammer has suggested, nothing happens, let's start a twitter handle #DPRrecruitment2016isfraud. there are so many handles we can tag to get them to say/do something. I agree that maybe my scores weren't good enough to get me the job but I have followed this thread and so many persons here deserve this job. How long are we going to allow the political class steal what rightfully belongs to us? Imagine 100 of us tweeting with the above hastag, we will trend massively and DPR will be forced to do something.

#myopinion
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 11, 2018
Good morning guys,

I trust everyone is doing fine.

Firstly, I would like to congratulate those that have received their APLs. I wish you the best in your career with DPR. As the saying goes, “To whom much is given, much is expected”.

I have been following and viewing this thread silently since last week. A few things I talked about have finally taken place and confirmed but some persons didn’t take me serious and were more concerned about release dates while others used most of the information provided to their advantage. I posted something about a few persons that received APLs since last month. Well, I never expected some of them on this thread to own up and I won’t blame them for not doing so since the APLs were not officially released at that time. I don’t like to forcefully convince people to accept the info I provide but I knew some persons were aware of what I posted and they were not happy with the revelations. They did everything to confuse people and now these same persons have received their APLs and abandoned this thread. There’s one thing that can’t change in this world, the truth always win the battle in the end.

Sincerely, I’m not happy with the way the APLs were distributed. It’s not a big deal to send SMS and Emails to the successful applicants. There is no justification for this action taken and I don’t see any reason for the rush. Well, they know best. However, some that have received their APLs through their sponsors made it on merit. It’s just that they had someone in the system that helped them pick theirs. The majority that received were part of the stakeholders list. I want to reiterate that 80% made it on merit believe it or not. So don’t think what had happened these past few days was an indication that very few persons were selected on merit.

The successful ones that have no one will be contacted officially from the zonal offices provided the candidate’s mobile number on the portal is active and home address is correct just in case DPR decides to deliver it to your door step. I want to assure you that everything is in control. The letters are being dispatched in batches, so please be patient with them and don’t be discouraged. Those that will be contacted officially will testify on this thread soon.

Currently, there is a disagreement between Mr Tata and union members over the number of EH recruited and the negative effect it would have on the existing staff. The number of EH recruited were more than 150 and Mr Tata wanted to place them on levels that could hinder the promotion of the current staff. The agreement was to recruit more entry level staff considering the manpower deficit in the system. The union members have decided to confront Mr Tata to defend himself and ensure he slashes the EH number by half and replace them with more GT. I will provide more updates on this issue when the matter has been resolved.

Thanks @square62 and I greatly appreciate your time and effort.

Lastly, if you don’t make in the end just know that you were never meant to be there in the first place. There is still hope and a better opportunity awaits you.

NNPC recruitment loading....

Goodluck to Everyone!!!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by 9jasam: 11:39am On Jul 11, 2018
I wonder y u r all complaining. d process isn't over. when it is over, d portal will b closed. besides, some ppl were not shortlisted for d test or interviewed. what did they do? they moved on. if u don't make it now, just move on codedly. life goes on.

d process is merit based. if it wasnt, those dat collected apl now would have collected abt a year ago. if u know, u know.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 11, 2018
When I told people that appointments have been shared already, to go and get self-employed and quit fantasizing, a lot insulted me. Even less juicy agencies and federal jobs were hijacked by stakeholders, politicians and people at the corridors of power in this administration, na fatty and juicy national cake like DPR dem go now give you? Bwhahahahha grin grin angry tongue

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by pedroito: 11:44am On Jul 11, 2018
Marvel65:
Good morning guys,

Firstly, I would like to congratulate those that have received their APLs. I wish you the best in your career with DPR. As the saying goes, “To whom much is given, much is expected”.

I have been following and viewing this thread silently since last week. A few things I talked about have finally taken place and confirmed but some persons didn’t take me serious and were more concerned about release dates while others used most of the information provided to their advantage. I posted something about a few persons that received APLs since last month. Well, I never expected some of them on this thread to own up and I won’t blame them for not doing so since the APLs were not officially released at that time. I don’t like to forcefully convince people to accept the info I provide but I knew some persons were aware of what I posted and they were not happy with the revelations. They did everything to confuse people and now these same persons have received their APLs and abandoned this thread. There’s one thing that can’t change in this world, the truth always win the battle in the end.

Sincerely, I’m not happy with the way the APLs were distributed. It’s not a big deal to send SMS and Emails to the successful applicants. There is no justification for this action taken and I don’t see any reason for the rush. Well, they know best. However, some that have received their APLs through their sponsors made it on merit. It’s just that they had someone in the system that helped them pick theirs. The majority that received were part of the stakeholders list. I want to reiterate that 80% made it on merit believe it or not. So don’t think what had happened these past few days was an indication that very few persons were selected on merit.

The successful ones that have no one will be contacted officially from the zonal offices provided the candidate’s mobile number on the portal is active and home address is correct just in case DPR decides to deliver it to your door step. I want to assure you that everything is in control. The letters are being dispatched in batches, so please be patient with them and don’t be discouraged. Those that will be contacted officially will testify on this thread soon.

Currently, there is a disagreement between Mr Tata and union members over the number of EH recruited and the negative effect it would have on the existing staff. The number of EH recruited were more than 150 and Mr Tata wanted to place them on levels that could hinder the promotion of the current staff. The agreement was to recruit more entry level staff considering the manpower deficit in the system. The union members have decided to confront Mr Tata to defend himself and ensure he slashes the EH number by half and replace them with more GT. I will provide more updates on this issue when the matter has been resolved.

Lastly, if you don’t make in the end just know that you were never meant to be there in the first place. There is still hope and a better opportunity awaits you.

Goodluck to Everyone!!!

Thank you very much Marvel .......Please how much do we have to wait before APL would be fully distributed.
Does it mean they have not officially contacted anyone.

The NNPC recruitment that you mentioned, are they going to start a fresh recruitment or to take up from where they stoped in the last recruitment
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Dockie21: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2018
Marvel65:
Good morning guys,

Goodluck to Everyone!!!

Thank you Marvel. I just hope the number of EH is not slashed down. However, does this mean that none of all those who claim to have received their APLS is EH?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 11, 2018
pedroito:

Thank you very much Marvel .......Please how much do we have to wait before APL would be fully distributed.
Does it mean they have not officially contacted anyone.

The NNPC recruitment that you mentioned, are they going to start a fresh recruitment or to take up from where they stoped in the last recruitment

APL will continue to be distributed till next week. It depends on the zone and response from the successful one I.e if it’s difficult to reach them.

Yes, it’s a fresh recruitment. Start making plans from today if you have someone on the inside before they advertise. Cheers
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2018
Dockie21:

Thank you Marvel. I just hope the number of EH is not slashed down. However, does this mean that none of all those who claim to have received their APLS is EH?

I believe some may have collected. I don’t know how they want to resolve it. I will provide updates later.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by pedroito: 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2018
Marvel65:

APL will continue to be distributed till next week. It depends on the zone and response from the successful one I.e if it’s difficult to reach them.

Yes, it’s a fresh recruitment. Start making plans from today if you have someone on the inside before they advertise. Cheers

Sorry I asked if they have started contacting people officially?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by tempest01(m): 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2018
Marvel65:
Good morning guys,

Goodluck to Everyone!!!

NNPC recruitment loading...that caught my attention. Means the 2012 recruitment has been dumped. 2015 we were sent success texts and interview invites were to come. Too Bad
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by simplynace(m): 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2018
Marvel65:
Good morning guys,

Goodluck to Everyone!!!

150+ people for EH (that'a 38-40%), 20% for stakeholders; that brings the spots left for GT to 40% (160)...

Hmmmm... Issokay
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ultimatewarrior: 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2018
Wait does this mean that there's no one that has been contacted that doesn't have connections? Nigeria my country, calling Nigeria a shit-hole is not fair to other shit-holes. There is almost zero social mobility in this country, unless you're in entertainment. The son of a bricklayer has less than a 10% chance of escaping his father's fate.
Well I don't even blame government, I just blame my parents for giving birth to me in this country at a time when VISA restrictions weren't as tough, but I promise my unborn children that I will not even marry if I cannot send my wife abroad when she's pregnant. To have only Nigerian citizenship is like a curse, this country is a cesspool of corruption, nepotism, theft and immorality yet na we carry religion for head pass.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Jibmusii: 12:36pm On Jul 11, 2018
That is actually the right thing to do.
FixNaija:

#myopinion

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Dockie21: 12:45pm On Jul 11, 2018
Jibmusii:

That is actually the right thing to do.
I guess we should all calm down. Letters have been dispatched and we'll sure receive them within the mailing time. The fact that some persons are privy to this letters doesn't mean DPR has abandoned statutory responsibilities. Cheers guys!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by abobim: 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
They called a friend to my pal yesterday...
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by simplynace(m): 12:55pm On Jul 11, 2018
abobim:
They called a friend to my pal yesterday...

Really! Was he called from a zonal office or from the HQ? Is a GT or an EH?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by acmilan1: 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2018
Dockie21:

I guess we should all calm down. Letters have been dispatched and we'll sure receive them within the mailing time. The fact that some persons are privy to this letters doesn't mean DPR has abandoned statutory responsibilities. Cheers guys!

As much as we are hopeful, let's be realistic and call a spade a spade.... There is no way you can share things underground without officially pasting names or notify successful candidates and still say all is fine and that the recruitment is still by merit.. Even if I am called I will be happy but I know the recruitment is compromised to a very high extent.
From personal deductions, people that will be called on merit will not be more than 20 persons, If we are sincere with ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Abdulmusty87: 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2018
Marvel65:

Mr marvel65 when are dey going to call successful candidates officially?? Dats our concern now not NNPC recruitment....... U c all candidates DAT are mentioning 80% merit dey all have connections but dey were here deceiving other people....ask ur self were are dey now thos mentioning 80% merit?? Dey have collected deir APLs through d window nd u are here waiting for 80% merit...Legend90,Tami,Fachuba,Smartgrid nd others DAT are mentioning 80% merit were dey??dey have collected deir letters but u, u are here wasting ur time. Continue

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) (673) (674) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.