Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3679151 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ulaeto: 11:39pm On Jul 10, 2018
I observe if you say what people wants to hear you'll have many likes in your comments as possible unlike others who dnt.. :-) The simple truth is that no analysis, no permutation at this point will help circumvent the reality on ground.. Everyone who went for the interview is believing on God to get this offer, but the odds are very slim for one to to get in base on merit alone considering many factors militating against it., one of them being the number of staff needed(400/3k+) it is only natural that many people must be dissapointed.. I see people crying abt the method used by dpr, not sending peeps success or regret mails, this same set of people forgot so soon that this method was used during the interview era, unsucessfull candidates weren't sent mails on thier status then., what was our response then? That there was no need for that or dpr was not done with the applicants then abi.. Now is the time to face realities (good or bad)... I can only advice for patience and a dual mind on this subject... If it works out fine, if it doesn't, fine.. Life must go on., find a way to make that happen.. The fact is that even if this selection was to be done in heaven, favouritism will still set in to some extent.. Congrats to the selected few, God has bless you with this.!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Muhd89: 11:46pm On Jul 10, 2018
makonko:

I still think we should be patient and give it time. Cause if the delay might be because of the EH. I think they want to call all categories at once.
My brother, let's just wait and see. Could you imagine there's a course whose total number of candidates employed was less than 10? Out of the less than 10, think of those who made it based on merit and those who made it based on long legs
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 11:46pm On Jul 10, 2018

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 10, 2018
Muhd89:

My brother, let's just wait and see. Could you imagine there's a course whose total number of candidates employed was less than 10? Out of the less than 10, think of those who made it based on merit and those who made it based on long legs

Yes, and that’s definitely Pharmacy. Someone said it here a while ago that only one candidate was picked.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 11:52pm On Jul 10, 2018
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 12:02am On Jul 11, 2018
dprpikin:

My oga, na u de talk dis one abi na sleeping tins...
EH case is quite different. They themselves confirmed they have started calling GTs.

Guy, no b sleeping tins... I dey wide awake cheesy cheesy cheesy

By 'they' you mean DPR HR right?

They only confirm calls to those on the stakeholders list.

But then, I actually thought we all know every recruitment in naija has stakeholders. Is not right, but it's OK
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 12:10am On Jul 11, 2018
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by makonko(m): 12:20am On Jul 11, 2018
dprpikin:

They may have stated that candidates were being contacted then, as a cover for the stakeholders' candidates who had already received their letters. But what they said exactly was that every other zone has started contacting their people except Lagos. I stand to be corrected.

I honestly don't believe them. They are professionals and can say anything to calm nerves
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 12:33am On Jul 11, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Kwajay(m): 12:59am On Jul 11, 2018
This place is really a house of commotion. You can never satisfy humans even though they select the whole 3000+ that did the interview, you will still hear cry from those that were not selected. I can remember we were all crying for the slightest updates and information. Marvel came and told us some "big shots" have collected APLs for their wards and we all dismissed his information/update just because there was no proof. He (Marvel) tried to intimate us about the end of the process but some of us were too quick to point fingers at him. Now, some fellows came in here posting their APLs they collected and now we all pretended as if we are not aware there are candidates with "long legs" it is up to us to know that these pictures of APLs are just a sign of the end process. We shouldnt discourage others who have relevant information regarding the recruitment with our accusations and reasoning. Chose the information you want to believe and ignore the ones u dont believe.

Even though we can all agree DPR isnt handling this process professionally, we can not still conclude it isnt on merit. By the way, how many pictures (out of 400) have we seen so far that we can conclude that the process isnt fair? Haba guys, lets calm down by this week and probably the end of next week we should have a clearer picture of the whole thing. One thing is for sure, and that is many people will not be successful. That doesnt mean the end of life. I have already moved on but still expectant. I never knew i would reach this stage but here am I. I wont put all my hopes on this DPR recruitment. if i get it, thank God. if I dont, thank God (life goes on) other opportunities will come. Last last, there is nothing in this life guyz, dont take it too serious. There is still hope. Wish all of us the very best.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by csimms7: 1:11am On Jul 11, 2018
First things first, I want to state that I haven't gotten an APL and I don't know my fate yet.

That said, can y'all just shut the eff up. If you had stakeholders and connections, you'll surely have used them.

Just because some people used their connections, how does that make you better or smarter than them?

Even Jesus shows favouritism. He favoured the Jews that betrayed Him and crucified Him.

Like y'all have never asked people for favours before. Crying upandan. They got it, they have people who helped them, make we all go house go fight our mama and papa. Or make we go use hand make our connections ourself.

To the extent that a woman who lost her child in the process of this recruitment is being tongue lashed. Una get sense? If she was at home chilling with a bottle of wine and waiting for her sponsor/stakeholder to help her, I'm positive she might still have that child now.

Lastly, all of us no go get am!!! 400/3000. Do the maths na. And people here shouting, what if una even fail the interview sef las las.

Congrats to all the stakeholder/sponsor candidates jor. So far you write exam and you do interview like me, I no get wahala. Even if them say your interview na arrangee, all follow. If to say I get that leg or connection, I for use am. And so will many of us here also.

Oya interviews sef, majority of them no dey give feedback. I don do interview reach Rolls Royce for UK, dem no pick me, I ask for feedback, reach next year, no response. If not for someone I met and apparently left a huge impression on, I wouldn't have known anything. If na Here, we go dey hala say make them get back to us. Abeg e

Peace out. Argue with me or insult me and I'll show you I'm another breed. #Nonsense&Ingredients.

19 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ghostofspata: 1:36am On Jul 11, 2018
csimms7:
First things first, I want to state that I haven't gotten an APL and I don't know my fate yet.

That said, can y'all just shut the eff up. If you had stakeholders and connections, you'll surely have used them.

Just because some people used their connections, how does that make you better or smarter than them?

Even Jesus shows favouritism. He favoured the Jews that betrayed Him and crucified Him.

Like y'all have never asked people for favours before. Crying upandan. They got it, they have people who helped them, make we all go house go fight our mama and papa. Or make we go use hand make our connections ourself.

To the extent that a woman who lost her child in the process of this recruitment is being tongue lashed. Una get sense? If she was at home chilling with a bottle of wine and waiting for her sponsor/stakeholder to help her, I'm positive she might still have that child now.

Lastly, all of us no go get am!!! 400/3000. Do the maths na. And people here shouting, what if una even fail the interview sef las las.

Congrats to all the stakeholder/sponsor candidates jor. So far you write exam and you do interview like me, I no get wahala. Even if them say your interview na arrangee, all follow. If to say I get that leg or connection, I for use am. And so will many of us here also.

Oya interviews sef, majority of them no dey give feedback. I don do interview reach Rolls Royce for UK, dem no pick me, I ask for feedback, reach next year, no response. If not for someone I met and apparently left a huge impression on, I wouldn't have known anything. If na Here, we go dey hala say make them get back to us. Abeg e

Peace out. Argue with me or insult me and I'll show you I'm another breed. #Nonsense&Ingredients.

True talk my broda.. even tho i knw say e go pepper plenty people for eye. Nobody, even d pple way dey claim holy go get connections n dey no go use am.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Talento(m): 2:22am On Jul 11, 2018
[quote author=csimms7 post=69263809]First things first, I want to state that I haven't gotten an APL and I don't know my fate yet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by kbrule1: 5:42am On Jul 11, 2018
Talento:

Truth!!! My only problem with Dpr is that they ought to have brought all letters at the same time rather than making us look like unimportant citizens.

But i must say that it is not even easy to create a relationship, most of us here chase our colleagues, neighbours etc away because of our BAD altitude and greed, yet complain when people that values relationship benefit.

N/B : I am not supporting corruption in any way. I hate it with my life and I love justice.

80% or more merit is still feasible ( which i am also praying for because I need this Job although i am not desperate and I am also ready to accept any outcome) especially considering the fact that 80% of 400 = 320 and so far I doubt if upto 80 people have received their letters.

My brother I love your optimistic stance regarding merit in this recruitment but I must add that your analysis about percentages are not verifiable. You cannot be too sure that less than 80 people have collected APLs considering the fact that nairaland constitutes a very minute percentage of expectant candidates. Even at the height of speculations on Monday when the APLs where displayed, the total number of guests and members online was not up to 100 persons. So let us just be calm and commit this process to God and be less sentimental about it and everything will work out fine... Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nooone: 5:42am On Jul 11, 2018
Sometimes, we need to tell ourselves the truth. Like someone mentioned earlier, I’m confident 98% of this forum participants will not hesitate to use their connections to get in if they could, it’s a Nigerian thing. We’ll frown at it but we’ll do it/will do it. Also, people who have posted their letters here were encouraged by this same forum to do so. It therefore amounts to hypocrisy for you guys to come around & vilify them.

Also, given the speculative 400 new recruits and the fact none of those people who have received their letters have started their documentation, it’s premature for all to write-off the entire recruitment process. I must admit DPR could have managed the disbursement to connected people better but we must also agree that the moment they gave out letters to the sponsors, they’d have little control over everything else.

I can assure you that the process is still ongoing and more people will still be invited to pick up their letters so guys, cheer up & be positive. Sometimes, the night is darkest before the dawn.

6 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by sylvestre01(m): 5:55am On Jul 11, 2018
csimms7:

God bless you man!

If I had 10 legs, I'd use them all!!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by jidex4life: 6:31am On Jul 11, 2018
fachuba:

Please help me clarify something, are u getting unofficially because of connection or u actually pulled through successfully in every stage?
I don't get why people are so discouraged already. Trust me ladies & guys, this thing still stands on the percentage merits. Even while people where doing their permutations up & down on this thread I was just reading silently cos at the end of the interview I knew my scores in total & knew my overall position from my state, so stakeholder or not I'm proud to say that I got this on merit base. I worked really well by the help of God to cross every stage. & yes whether stakeholder candidate or not this is a compensation to an extent for loosing my child in the course of the job interview
how did they get the total score is it average of interview score and CBT score ,secondly what is the total point alloted to interview test , your response is needed to clear the air because of a lot of permutations here since you saw it yourself , thanks a lot waiting for your immediate response
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 11, 2018
Humans can be very insatiable and funny. Majority of the people here asked for the APL to be posted on the platform, now these same people are angry. Seriously, the 80% merit is still possible, I don’t know for sure, but I doubt up to 80 recruits have collected their APLs. Frankly speaking, those with APLs right now had it pulled out for them via strong connect, DPR have not started calling merit candidates, that’s the truth. I also called the help line and from what I can infer, they admitted to calling candidates just to cover for the stakeholders candidates who had already gotten their APLs, does that mean the process isn’t a merit based? Hell no. Take it or leave it. Besides, these people with APLs haven’t started documentation yet neither have they been posted to their points of duty, so make we just chill. They will get in touch with the merit candidates soon, that I am 100% sure of.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Castro123456: 7:12am On Jul 11, 2018
fachuba:

Please help me clarify something, are u getting unofficially because of connection or u actually pulled through successfully in every stage?
I don't get why people are so discouraged already. Trust me ladies & guys, this thing still stands on the percentage merits. Even while people where doing their permutations up & down on this thread I was just reading silently cos at the end of the interview I knew my scores in total & knew my overall position from my state, so stakeholder or not I'm proud to say that I got this on merit base. I worked really well by the help of God to cross every stage. & yes whether stakeholder candidate or not this is a compensation to an extent for loosing my child in the course of the job interview
Please which part of kogi? Can we talk,dis my gmail aminu4u2016@gmail.com.thanks
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Deedz: 7:21am On Jul 11, 2018
kbrule1:

My brother I love your optimistic stance regarding merit in this recruitment but I must add that your analysis about percentages are not verifiable. You cannot be too sure that less than 80 people have collected APLs considering the fact that nairaland constitutes a very minute percentage of expectant candidates. Even at the height of speculations on Monday when the APLs where displayed, the total number of guests and members online was not up to 100 persons. So let us just be calm and commit this process to God and be less sentimental about it and everything will work out fine... Cheers

The total number was more than 160. I personally counted.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by fyn007: 7:26am On Jul 11, 2018
Pls can some body help me with the Address of DPR office in Abuja.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 11, 2018
Deedz:

Please, what did you count? Number of people that already collected APLs? Where? How?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 11, 2018
fyn007:
You can check out the addresses of all their offices here https://elps.dpr.gov.ng/Home/Contact
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by izulagambu: 7:38am On Jul 11, 2018
We are waiting for APL which will come maybe 2020 again, while they are collecting EPL. Pls DPR, I Ayam in the dinning salivating, even as I stretch my neck to see the devourers of our EPL in the kitchen. See, devourers, beware of my EPL in the kitchen. I pity u if u dare near mine. undecided kiss
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 11, 2018
fyn007:
7, Sylvester Ugoh Crescent, Jabi, Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Castro123456: 7:39am On Jul 11, 2018
Deedz:

Wat's more than 160,Pple DAT collected APL?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Lawalu2(m): 7:46am On Jul 11, 2018
Castro123456:

Wat's more than 160,Pple DAT collected APL?
No sir mean guest

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Castro123456: 7:49am On Jul 11, 2018
Lawalu2:
No sir mean guest
Fear catch me ooo

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by fyn007: 7:54am On Jul 11, 2018
suchsland:

7, Sylvester Ugoh Crescent, Jabi, Abuja.

Tnx
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Setaje(f): 7:57am On Jul 11, 2018
cheesy grin
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 11, 2018
Setaje:
cheesy grin
The female Babagy82, you're welcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) (672) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.