Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (694) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3678801 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by acmilan1: 5:01pm On Jul 13, 2018
Onyiridike:
Those guys on stakeholders list were actually laughing at other candidates who were sharing their interview experience and calculating their chances.

It is well.

I wasn't really big on the calculating of chances and recounting interview experiences. I laughed too when you guys were doing it.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Oloye12345: 5:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
WHAT IS MEANT FOR YOU SHALL NOT PASS YOU!

6 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2018
Oloye12345:
WHAT IS MEANT FOR YOU SHALL NOT PASS YOU!

I kinda strongly believe this, after the written exams the way I moved on with my life ehn, I don't know why this thing is even bothering me at this time, maybe because of the feeling of having come close.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by fachuba(f): 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2018
Hello ladies & guys. I want to say something about the new move for the protest
Let's not become enemies to our bosses before we meet them
Let me share a personal experience.
When I moved into a particular quarters with my husband, we were told of a man who is of the same tribe. My husband knew the man but I didn't, only heard about & barely ever seen him clearly. When I got the job I'm on now, my husband went to meet the man when I came to Abuja for documentation, hubby heard the man works in the place I just got a job and the man happened to be the HOD of the department I was posted to.
When I returned we went together to see him & that was the face time I was ever seeing the man face to face. From the way he spoke it was obvious he had issues with us/me and it was confirmed when I resumed as a colleague we did documentation together with told me the man was bragging about how he'd deal with in the office because I don't greet him... Someone I didn't know oo
He has presently formed alliance with the state Cordinator to deal with me & they r putting their plans together in a very dubious way but here I am laughing at their ignorance.
In conclusion, I'm not saying you shouldn't carry out your plans. But if you're sure, that's your instinct is telling you that you will get this job please just hide your face. Just help ur career start on a good note to enable u mentain such without much stress. If you've not worked in the civil service before & you're also agitating for this protest, just stylishly withdraw so that u don't have to verbally curse yourself after bringing frustration upon yourself due to your actions.
All the best to us all

8 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Flare89: 5:42pm On Jul 13, 2018
Hello house,

Has any geologist/petroleum engineer/geophysicist been called or received APL?

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Tetragramaton(m): 5:42pm On Jul 13, 2018
You are truly working in civil service. It's not always rosy as they say. Especially for women. Just keep praying madame. That man might not let you rest till he sees that you are probably transffered. This is usually the case for women in civil service whether married or unmarried. Men can still cope but for women, this is what they go through in civil service. This is why I also mentioned earlier it will do people good to keep their sponsors names secret and keep claiming they have no one. You don't have to be proud or brag for anybody to hate you.

Another thing that got me is when you said he is from your tribe. Maybe wrong but I am certain you or your antagonist are not Hausa. In government service, the best people to pally up with are the hausas. Your Hausa mate can become your boss in a split second, guess what he will carry you along wherever he goes. We southerners are not good people. Talking from experience.

10 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Dockie21: 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2018
fachuba:
When I moved into a particular quarters with my husband, we were told of a man who is of the same tribe. My husband knew the man but I didn't, only heard about & barely ever seen him clearly. When I got the job I'm on now, my husband went to meet the man when I came to Abuja for documentation, hubby heard the man works in the place I just got a job and the man happened to be the HOD of the department I was posted to.
When I returned we went together to see him & that was the face time I was ever seeing the man face to face. From the way he spoke it was obvious he had issues with us/me and it was confirmed when I resumed as a colleague we did documentation together with told me the man was bragging about how he'd deal with in the office because I don't greet him... Someone I didn't know oo
He has presently formed alliance with the state Cordinator to deal with me & they r putting their plans together in a very dubious way but here I am laughing at their ignorance.

Congratulations Fachuba Please I like to know if you did receive any email from DPR. Secondly any changes made on your portal;?
In conclusion, I'm not saying you shouldn't carry out your plans. But if you're sure, that's your instinct is telling you that you will get this job please just hide your face. Just help ur career start on a good note to enable u mentain such without much stress. If you've not worked in the civil service before & you're also agitating for this protest, just stylishly withdraw so that u don't have to verbally curse yourself after bringing frustration upon yourself due to your actions.
All the best to us all

Congratulations Fachuba Please I like to know if you did receive any email from DPR. Secondly any changes made on your portal;?
All the best to us all
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by AngryRebel: 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2018
fachuba:
All the best to us all
U are wicked! grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by acmilan1: 5:52pm On Jul 13, 2018
fachuba:
All the best to us all

Ma, are you saying we should not protest, we should let sleeping dogs lye and move on with our lives??
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by fachuba(f): 6:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
acmilan1:

Ma, are you saying we should not protest, we should let sleeping dogs lye and move on with our lives??

I don't know whether to say yes or no to your question cos it looks like a trap to me. I just feel it will aggravate things & lessen chances for many hopefuls

See Ehn, our leaders don't have chill o, they don't like to be antagonised or attacked especially publicly. Unlike the western world if an aligation is laid on a leader, he resigns to allow investigation. But here, thugs either come beat u up, u r wrongly accused or assassinated.

However in this case, none of the afore mentioned will happen, they will only use civil service to deal with u. If for instance you push them to give u your letter, how will u feel if u don't get promoted for years despite your hard work & the frustrations they put u through?

DPR is a place u get job & a lot of people will envy you. Please don't frustrate your career before it starts

It's also worse that you are planning to use twitter and instagram where you can be easily traced.

I suggest u map out another strategy rather than wanting to drag the name of an organization you hope to work with.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 13, 2018
fachuba:

I don't know whether to say yes or no to your question cos it looks like a trap to me. I just feel it will aggravate things & lessen chances for many hopefuls

See Ehn, our leaders don't have chill o, they don't like to be antagonised or attacked especially publicly. Unlike the western world if an aligation is laid on a leader, he resigns to allow investigation. But here, thugs either come beat u up, u r wrongly accused or assassinated.

However in this case, none of the afore mentioned will happen, they will only use civil service to deal with u. If for instance you push them to give u your letter, how will u feel if u don't get promoted for years despite your hard work & the frustrations they put u through?

DPR is a place u get job & a lot of people will envy you. Please don't frustrate your career before it starts

It's also worse that you are planning to use twitter and instagram where you can be easily traced.

I suggest u map out another strategy rather than wanting to drag the name of an organization you hope to work with.

Thanks for the advice. But the question here is do you have any info as regards the fate of those yet to be contacted? Is something happening next week?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by fachuba(f): 6:31pm On Jul 13, 2018
pillgist:

Thanks for the advice. But the question here is do you have any info as regards the fate of those yet to be contacted? Is something happening next week?

Everyone must be contacted by every means possible, until then no documentation from what I heard

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by obongtunji: 7:04pm On Jul 13, 2018
Tetragramaton:
You are truly working in civil service. It's not always rosy as they say. Especially for women. Just keep praying madame. That man might not let you rest till he sees that you are probably transffered. This is usually the case for women in civil service whether married or unmarried. Men can still cope but for women, this is what they go through in civil service. This is why I also mentioned earlier it will do people good to keep their sponsors names secret and keep claiming they have no one. You don't have to be proud or brag for anybody to hate you.

Another thing that got me is when you said he is from your tribe. Maybe wrong but I am certain you or your antagonist are not Hausa. In government service, the best people to pally up with are the hausas. Your Hausa mate can become your boss in a split second, guess what he will carry you along wherever he goes. We southerners are not good people. Talking from experience.

You are very right. Must people from south don't like each other believe it or not.
When a Hausa man sees opportunity he will be eager and happy to help even if it means for you to be in the same level, i am a living testimony to both sides.

6 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sammyimpostor: 7:13pm On Jul 13, 2018
Azijo:

My stake bro. At this point, it is better to die on our feet rather than kneeling! Although nobody's life depends on DPR but at least let the public hear this. Its gross abuse...let them atleast know that they were dealing with human beings not rats.

I'm just laughing at you, as if you are not in Nigeria.
Where were you when CBN did back door recruitment, i believe you are one of those people that made so much noise os social media, please tell me the outcome of your protest.
D.S.S nepotism in the their recruitment was everywhere but at the end the recruitment stood.
My advice is becareful because there is still life after D.P.R recruitment, police will not hesitate to shoot at sight if you stage any physical protest and your protest on social media can only generate thousands of likes and retweet but it won't hold water.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by pekeyim: 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
Please those that want to protest should please go ahead!!! It is sad that a letter that was signed since the 1st of July and has been distributed to the "special ones" hasnt been made public and to those naive ones that said everyone that was interviewed wrote the test,.that is extremely false, and I believe even some persons that had no idea about the interview venues will still get the job "This is Nigeria".

7 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Bmarafa(m): 7:34pm On Jul 13, 2018
Check the DPR PORTAL and check your profile I think their is new message for you.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by michaelismenten: 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2018
Bmarafa:
Check the DPR PORTAL and check your profile I think their is new message for you.

You think?

What's the message on yours?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by munzali3921: 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2018
iman62588:
Kaduna zone can we make a whatapp group to ease dissemination of info ?
Let's create it. Add me on 08035186611
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Jahkenn: 8:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
Misplaced priority
jayjaykay10:

Like seriously? Na dis one b ish for una dis morning? Abeg make una JEZ park for side una hear? Abi make we begin analyse all d gbagaun wey graduates like una dey use.... I JEZ tire for una oooo.... Oya JEZ come for me.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by acmilan1: 8:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
fachuba:

wow!! The Bible was right about the heart of man. No man can know what's inside. I give up.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by clarydamsel: 8:35pm On Jul 13, 2018
Bmarafa:
agbaya!! Grow up

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by niiks9: 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2018
Bmarafa:
Mr Bello what did u hope to gain by this post?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Xtruzz(f): 9:04pm On Jul 13, 2018
shocked
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Licht: 9:26pm On Jul 13, 2018
Madam abeg park well. You finished receiving APL through your sponsor while claiming merit. Now you're busy appealing about hurting next boss cuz you're already there.

Shebi it's person that sponsor help that can even talk of boss. It's obvious you're scared of the entire process crumbling and you're subtly looking for a way to persuade people from protesting against obvious injustice.

fachuba:
All the best to us all

11 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by AbusM1: 9:29pm On Jul 13, 2018
please did anyone who applied for Economist II being contacted?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Gotrail: 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
AbusM1:
please did anyone who applied for Economist II being contacted?

Yes, I know of one
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by BakoAluta377: 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2018
Bmarafa:
Nothing new in portal if there's in your portal pls explain
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by AbusM1: 9:45pm On Jul 13, 2018
Gotrail:

Yes, I know of one

which zone?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Zapy123: 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
Has any Higher Technical Officer been contacted yet?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by maluga: 10:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
Zapy123:
Thank you very much. I will go there tomorrow.

Zapy you promised to go to warri today. Any update for us?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by niiks9: 10:10pm On Jul 13, 2018
But why are people asking if positions have been filled ? You want to know if yours is still open right lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.