Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (692) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3682448 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Joker24: 12:23pm On Jul 13, 2018
DarkShades:

I think Marvel65 definitely knows our fears will be allayed between now and monday. That's why he's so confident! I wish us all the very best of luck.

Seconded ....Monday it is .
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 13, 2018
If by the end of Monday and nothing happens, I will head to their office at Kofo Abayomi, Lagos on Tuesday to make demands, I will like for those of us who will have time to assemble there. It will do good if we can fix a time for convergence.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Donelli: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2018
Tamihawtt:

Everyone that has provided the platform with concrete info these past years and got their APLs earned it because to get those infos, we were basically sitting on our contacts necks throughout the process, phase by phase, pressing buttons. It doesn't mean we didn't put in the work druring the test and interviews too so please don't make anyone feel bad for getting APL ahead of others. I pray we all have reasons to celebrate soon whether for DPR or another coy.

This last statement just polluted the whole point you were trying to make. Nobody said these category of people didn't put in the work (which is not totally non-debatable) but don't feel too pleased as having earned it just because you had a contact whose neck you sat on grin

The only persons who have every right to say they merited their appointment are those who will still make the list if judged STRICTLY by performance and the advertised positions without the benefit(?) of federal character allocations.

Enjoy your success but don't try to justify a bare-faced anomaly, most especially not on moral grounds.

Good luck in your career smiley

14 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 13, 2018
Donelli:

This last statement just polluted the whole point you were trying to make. Nobody said these category of people didn't put in the work (which is not totally non-debatable) but don't feel too pleased as having earned it just because you had a contact whose neck you sat on grin

The only persons who have every right to say they merited their appointment are those who will still make the list if judged STRICTLY by performance and the advertised positions without the benefit(?) of federal character allocations.

Enjoy your success but don't try to justify a bare-faced anomaly, most especially not on moral grounds.

Good luck in your career smiley
very well then...its impossible to please everyone. Everyone that have gotten their letter worked hard for it regardless of how you feel and no one is obligated to explain themselves to anyone. I for one chose to share and made it known i didn't get an official call or sms to get it.. believe what you want but If you got your letter too before now your tone will be different that is if you will even still be on this platform. I genuinely wish everyone well. Goodluck with everything!

6 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ignatius1999: 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2018
mRjandz06:
Hey guyz!

As far as phc zonal office is concerned..the info is that from the outcome of the last meeting:

i. The letters for phc zone should arrive Monday and latest Tuesday; if the personnel in charge are proactive enough they should contact hopefuls that same day..

ii. Am not so sure of all the nos fly round but what am certain about from the list is (GT 297 and EH 103)

I wish everyone success!

Cheerz
Please don't be offended, what's the source of this information. Thanks
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ignatius1999: 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
mRjandz06:
Hey guyz!

As far as phc zonal office is concerned..the info is that from the outcome of the last meeting:

i. The letters for phc zone should arrive Monday and latest Tuesday; if the personnel in charge are proactive enough they should contact hopefuls that same day..

ii. Am not so sure of all the nos fly round but what am certain about from the list is (GT 297 and EH 103)

I wish everyone success!

Cheerz

Please don't be offended, what is the source of this information. Thanks.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Dockie21: 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, DPR will do the needful next week. All those who are successful will receive Email and SMS notifications.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Talento(m): 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2018
Pls those that have long legs and hands in PH zone should pls remember to alert us if you site any form of distribution.

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by rekeson: 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2018
LOL

People are receiving letters, u are talking about receiving sms and email notification !!!!
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Ignatius1999: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Dockie21:
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, DPR will do the needful next week. All those who are successful will receive Email and SMS notifications.
Amen. But what is the source of your info. Thanks
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Anextin(f): 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2018
pillgist:
If by the end of Monday and nothing happens, I will head to their office at Kofo Abayomi, Lagos on Tuesday to make demands, I will like for those of us who will have time to assemble there. It will do good if we can fix a time for convergence.
Would love to but not in lagos. Tuesday is good for those who can , but u need to be there before they start arriving for work, so they take notice
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by acmilan1: 1:06pm On Jul 13, 2018
[quote author=Ignatius1999 post=69340272][/quote]

We should choose our words carefully, we are all humans. what you said to Tami was just harsh. We are all angry about the way this recruitment panned out but please let's try and hold our horses
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by pedroito: 1:09pm On Jul 13, 2018

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Samsonik: 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
Pls Mavel, with all due respect I believe we have a concrete reason to embark on any protest. This is simply because most of these guys that got their Apl did not receive any text from DPR but from their sponsors.
So that alone should be our anchor for the protest. Things should not be done that way. Everybody deserves equal right. We all know that not everybody will be contacted but at least their should be some some level of equity and fairness in this country.
Marvel65:

Thanks for your concern and contribution.
It’s important the applicants give DPR the benefit of the doubt by giving them till Monday next week before taking any action. The merit list will remain the same and unchanged, their letters will be intact. The worst DPR can do is to not call the successful ones to make them feel they didn’t make the final list till their offer expires by 1st October, in a bid to replace them with more stakeholders candidates that were left out. DPR will never edit the merit list and destroy their letters. Remember they have 3 months to accept the offer. There are 200 letters for the stakeholders candidates, so don’t expect all to be distributed in one day.

If by next week Monday, the zonal offices don’t contact the successful ones then the applicants can make their move but for now let them be patient.

Goodmorning.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Dockie21: 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ignatius1999:
[color=#006600][/color] Amen. But what is the source of your info. Thanks
Classified please
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ZenithMen: 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2018
pedroito:
It seems like everything has shifted. Good Luck to those that are still hanging on. This is Nigeria where a common man may not even attain the feat that his parents did . lLaden, Shakur and et al treated us like rags. But God will definitely judge all of them for wasting our time, resources . Bye Guys

My friend, I understand your feelings right now but it is too early to say good bye. Those guys treated us like rags. Agreed! but we can at least sound it to their ears that we are rags with substance.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2018
Go to DPR to make demands? When the recruitment is not even over? Lashing out at others who have guided the thread for as long as november last year. Even accusing people that literally gave us hope when there was none of misdirecting us? See ehn, as much as I am pained at the way this whole process was handled and how till now, we've not still gotten calls and mails, I'm looking at this very objectively. Today is just the 6th working day since we saw the letter someone posted here. Please what is the end goal? We want them to post the list? Which list? Is this admission? Please let's be serious. Tami now don delete account, smart grid MIA. If by next weekend nothing happens, i move on with my life and conclude this job is not for me. After all, my life is not defined by this. I'm exhausted with all the hypocrisy I've seen here so far. Please let's open our eyes. Everybody that does something has a reason for doing it. Don't let anyone deceive you especially someone that claims to have collected letter. You think he will come outside to join us in the protests if we choose to? Wake up. If I am called, i praise God for his mercies. If I am not, I'll move on with my life and still appreciate God. I wish us all the best. The journey has been emotional and scarring. Make dpr no give person hypertension at my young age abeg. Shalom

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ellaV(m): 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2018
A news paper advert will be best..lets contribute n make a full page advert on this issues ...what do u think:?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Azijo: 1:53pm On Jul 13, 2018
Samsonik:
Pls Mavel, with all due respect I believe we have a concrete reason to embark on any protest. This is simply because most of these guys that got their Apl did not receive any text from DPR but from their sponsors.
So that alone should be our anchor for the protest. Things should not be done that way. Everybody deserves equal right. We all know that not everybody will be contacted but at least their should be some some level of equity and fairness in this country.

Reasonable talk! By now we don't need an oracle to tell us that the process is hijacked and if at this point silence is still maintained then dead in silence is eminent...too much silence they say na mumu.
Again, doing the protest in a wrong way may only provoke cancellation or something worst. Let's engage in an educated protest via the right channels that would ignite fear on their part for a productive outcome.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Azijo: 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2018
ellaV:
A news paper advert will be best..lets contribute n make a full page advert on this issues ...what do u think:?
My stake bro. At this point, it is better to die on our feet rather than kneeling! Although nobody's life depends on DPR but at least let the public hear this. Its gross abuse...let them atleast know that they were dealing with human beings not rats.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Chiks7: 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2018
Just received mine now EH. Thank you all for every info shared.

7 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Emateck(m): 2:04pm On Jul 13, 2018
Guys Abuja have started calling, they just contacted a friend of mine not quite long to come pick his apl on monday. Studied Electrical Engr from Enugu.

Lagos we r waiting..
So guys be hopeful .

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by acmilan1: 2:06pm On Jul 13, 2018
Emateck:
Guys Abuja have started calling, they just contacted a friend of mine not quite long to come pick his apl on monday. Studied Electrical Engr from Enugu.

Lagos we r waiting..
So guys be hopeful .

please can we see the sms or e-mail so we can all relax our nerves
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 2:08pm On Jul 13, 2018
Lagos have called a friend of mine not long ago to come and collect his APL. Chemical engr
Emateck:

Lagos we r waiting..
So guys be hopeful .

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by simplynace(m): 2:10pm On Jul 13, 2018
Chiks7:
Just received mine now EH. Thank you all for every info shared.

Congrats bro... What discipline and state if you don't mind?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Chiks7: 2:14pm On Jul 13, 2018
simplynace:

Congrats bro... What discipline and state if you don't mind?

System Analyst, Enugu State

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by simplynace(m): 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2018
Chiks7:

System Analyst, Enugu State

Nice one bro... Lagos office?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Crane1: 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2018
Well said bro.

ajayghale:
Go to DPR to make demands? When the recruitment is not even over? Lashing out at others who have guided the thread for as long as november last year. Even accusing people that literally gave us hope when there was none of misdirecting us? See ehn, as much as I am pained at the way this whole process was handled and how till now, we've not still gotten calls and mails, I'm looking at this very objectively. Today is just the 6th working day since we saw the letter someone posted here. Please what is the end goal? We want them to post the list? Which list? Is this admission? Please let's be serious. Tami now don delete account, smart grid MIA. If by next weekend nothing happens, i move on with my life and conclude this job is not for me. After all, my life is not defined by this. I'm exhausted with all the hypocrisy I've seen here so far. Please let's open our eyes. Everybody that does something has a reason for doing it. Don't let anyone deceive you especially someone that claims to have collected letter. You think he will come outside to join us in the protests if we choose to? Wake up. If I am called, i praise God for his mercies. If I am not, I'll move on with my life and still appreciate God. I wish us all the best. The journey has been emotional and scarring. Make dpr no give person hypertension at my young age abeg. Shalom
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Barbadosa: 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2018
elbangeez:
Lagos have called a friend of mine not long ago to come and collect his APL. Chemical engr

Is your friend a Stakeholder candidate?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Samsonik: 2:35pm On Jul 13, 2018
Exactly my point...
Azijo:

Reasonable talk! By now we don't need an oracle to tell us that the process is hijacked and if at this point silence is still maintained then dead in silence is eminent...too much silence they say na mumu.
Again, doing the protest in a wrong way may only provoke cancellation or something worst. Let's engage in an educated protest via the right channels that would ignite fear on their part for a productive outcome.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by elbangeez: 2:37pm On Jul 13, 2018
No
Barbadosa:

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Dockie21: 2:39pm On Jul 13, 2018
Barbadosa:

Any email notification?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.