Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job - Jobs/Vacancies (691) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (3682371 Views)

NNPC Experienced Hire Recruitment: Coalition Calls On Buhari, NASS To Intervene / CBN Recruitment 2020: Graduate Trainee & Experienced (6 Positions) / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 GT & EH Job (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (992) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Xmen149(m): 10:16am On Jul 13, 2018
compromised shit,sharing of APL started over 2months now wonder y ppl no won talk true,am outer here to face my life men!

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Taofaj4u(m): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2018
Watch out!!!

Some ppl that are leaving might have collected their APLs. Who knows. Just thinking undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 13, 2018
Anextin:
Marvel is not entirely truthful here, he has always projected vthat its 400 intakes, but when neverdown mentioned 600, he reluctantly acknowledged that its true, then mater he mentioned 500, now he's back on 400. What are you not telling us marvel. Are you an agent sent to blow breeze on our Heads and rub it.
Am beginning to doubt your sincerity. I know you are very knowledgeable about this saga playing out but won't reveal the real deal

I will be silent till Monday. I’ve provided all I know.
Goodluck everyone.

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Joker24: 10:26am On Jul 13, 2018
Marvel65:

Goodluck everyone.

Cheers man for the privileged info.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Joker24: 10:27am On Jul 13, 2018
mRjandz06:
Hey guyz!

As far as phc zonal office is concerned..the info is that from the outcome of the last meeting:

i. The letters for phc zone should arrive Monday and latest Tuesday; if the personnel in charge are proactive enough they should contact hopefuls that same day..

ii. Am not so sure of all the nos fly round but what am certain about from the list is (GT 297 and EH 103)

Thanks.

I wish everyone success!

Cheerz

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by HRtechnique: 10:28am On Jul 13, 2018

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Desric(m): 10:30am On Jul 13, 2018
Personally, I understand the need for the unrest and panic but I'll advice that we exercise a little more patience till the end of next week at least before taking any drastic action by then we must have exhausted every benefit of doubt.

It's quite unfortunate that we have been born into such society like the Nigerian one where things are done haphazardly, a place where we live like the George Orwell's Animalfarm and Thank God again that we are all young adults, it's not enough to show concern only because it concerns us in this recruitment but we have to as a matter responsibility and obligation, get involved in the running of our society no matter how small because until we start demanding and becoming part of changing the way we live and do things in this country, I'm afraid in the next 10-15years from now, the commoners might not even find good water anywhere to drink anywhere around them.

8 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by neverdown999: 10:31am On Jul 13, 2018
Morning folks, I'm glad to see more people are becoming aware of the situation at hand. Let's be on standby, kindly follow the handles. I am glad to know someone here has access to the media guys (Channels etc.) I repeat, if by next week, candidates on merit haven't started sharing testimonies, action should be taken. People ought to have started receiving letters by now!!!

Do you know, if applicants start to ask questions, it would not pay DPR and the presidency especially this critical moment they are all trying to paint a corruption-free government due to next year's election? Fellow brothers and sisters, we have the tool (SOCIAL- MEDIA) There are opposition parties that will leverage on DPR's flaw (to merited candidates advantage) Let us just hold on for now....They can read these posts, they should do the needful!!!!

12 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by HRtechnique: 10:35am On Jul 13, 2018

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Anextin(f): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2018
Pressurization2:
Sometimes when I read through everyone's thoughts and ideas and believe I came to a conclusion that some needs it better than others,
You keep tagging everything PROTEST either protest or not that's not the case here...
First of all you all have a right to know the level of the recruitment and that's why when you call the customer service they will respond to you on the current situation.
What else do you want to hear and what else do you want them to say,
I'll start this way,
1. The 2013 set someone made mentioned of didn't see any comprehensive list, the love they have for each other made someone to confirm for almost all of them and that was when the list was at FCC waiting for approval.
Plus not everyone who he helped confirming the name on the list and was told his or her name was on it made it through.
2. When you call customer services they answer you with the response of very soon the Apl will be out and later changed to the Apl is out and been distributed. And you will start receiving it.. Please ask yourself from 2 weeks now till now the appointment letters are still yet to arrive.
3. When you ask for appointment letters for those that had interview in Lagos what response do you get, ( lagos own are yet to be distributed ) is that not so, and of which people come from different places down here to lagos to pick up lettera for whom ever who sent them. And not just pick up for 1 or 2 , they come pick up in large numbers like 3-6-4 and so on.. please why ask yourself again why is the letter picked up in Lagos when it has all been sent to zonals...
4.The 2013 set went as far as to protest both in Abuja and lagos from the findings I got from one of them who work now, and It was after the next month the letter were released..
5. Funniest thing some people said here not to module everything up its better not to protest lol I just kept laughing.. maybe you've forgotten someones job is at stake if he doesn't make sure the recruitment is clear and clean... but one thing you must know for sure, some already found out their not included but they are all as well been promised to relax to fix them up.. where do you think they want to fix them up..
6. Appointments letter has been received by some and you say they've not started officially lol did the customer service denied not been distributed.. you guys just need to wake up ah ah ah once it's been disbursed and they all get there induction fixed then it makes you automatically unsuccessful
7. What official calling do you need ? Please tell me, that dpr will call your own particular number and say Mr so so and so come and pick your letter, if it's that you are expecting then it's been done by saying Mr governor or Mr senator your slots are ready... make una wake up kai
8. What am pissed about is no one of you is making move instead have seen lots of people come down here to ask singly asking if appointment letter are been shared and you are been asked show me the letter that was given to you or were you called or texted..
Please ask yourself how can you even show to someone you were called is it the same number that many people called or how can you show a text that wasn't sent.. if anyone claimed to be texted tell the person to show you the text.. and please tell me how was a person that came to receive 4 -5 appointment letters at a go was texted was he tested with 5 messages of all candidates.. if you doubt me come abayomi sit down you will see them collecting it if it still remain..
I never thought I'll type this much but I can't just see things go wrong sometimes and I act like am not concerned.. and mind you am older than any GT and EH Because I am sure none of the two age qualification is more than 40 years of age.. why I said that is to make you understand am not here to talk about my pain it means I lifted my load already.. that aside

Please my advice is you all can mobilize in Group be the firt to arrive here let them see you outside the gate before they come in large numbers am not talking of 10 here.. large numbers and that will pass a message then it shows to them and let them understand your lying Dog isn't sleeping..

And is nothing enough to justify why someone they call stakeholders receive letter before merits
Am done here and please respond with respect even though you think you can speak well because am sure you'll respect me if you saw me in person.

Really think those of us in Lagos and who can should do this on Tuesday. Islf they see up to 50 persons standing at their gate very early in the morning, it will send message. No protest just wanting to collect their letter

4 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by rekeson: 10:42am On Jul 13, 2018
My cousin received his appointment letter 2 days ago.

It came via postage....
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by neverdown999: 10:43am On Jul 13, 2018
The recruitment would be highjacked if nothing is done. Patience is virtue, they have few days to rectify this gross fuckery.

No one should compare this recruitment to that of CBN etc...This is a different ball game. There are political appointments at stake if people don't find this recruitment credible, and what we demand is that; DPR should release the other letters asap.

If you read what some other comrades have posted here, you will notice their stories aren't adding up any longer....One moment, they said 200, then 500, then 600 and then 400 including stakeholder's list. Please, shine your eyes, dear applicants!

Even if you have your appointment letters, I will still urge you to join this movement and bid for collective happiness. Embrace selflessness!!

7 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 13, 2018
I still maintain that we shouldn't wait beyond Monday before doing anything.

The writing is bold enough for every one to discern.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by pedroito: 10:50am On Jul 13, 2018

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by neverdown999: 10:52am On Jul 13, 2018
I understand your point comrade, Monday is almost here. Patience is virtue!!! The most important thing is that our people can now detect DPR's fuckery! They are no longer blind and this is the first step to liberation.

hammer2010:
I still maintain that we shouldn't wait beyond Monday, before doing anything.

The writing is bold enough for every one to discern.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ZenithMen: 10:56am On Jul 13, 2018
Logically, I think concealing the list of successfuls is the strategic advancement to bias the whole process in this current recruitment. The 2013 recruitment struggle/protest was resounding because some individuals were privy to the list and many candidates then knew their names were on the list but not notified for APL collection. Thus, that supplied the drive and energy to challenge DPR via protest.

Where will our drive and energy come from?
Our drive and energy will come from the belief system that every candidate yet to be notified is a potential successful and is alerted of the tsunami that is about to sweep the list containing their name away. Hence, if the situation gets out of hand and we are forced to make protest (physical&social media) our last resort. The protest will be extremely resounding.

6 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by rekeson: 10:57am On Jul 13, 2018
pedroito:

Please which state is your cousin from and the department he/she applied to and also her/his zone of interview

From Delta.

For safety reasons, I won't say beyond dat.

Note: It came after an intervention by a highly placed individual.

And true a church member got hers weeks ago (same Delta). The whole appointment letter thing is shrouded in mystery and secrecy.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 13, 2018
neverdown999:
I understand your point comrade, Monday is almost here. Patience is virtue!!! The most important thing is that our people can now detect DPR's fuckery! They are no longer blind and this is the first step to liberation.

Whilst I understand the need to be a little more patient, we have to reach a consensus on the exact day we take to the streets.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Vanbravo(m): 11:00am On Jul 13, 2018
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 13, 2018
Guys, in all sincerity, we need a copy of that list. That will help us profoundly in our quest.

2 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by ZenithMen: 11:19am On Jul 13, 2018
pillgist:
Guys, in all sincerity, we need a copy of that list. That will help us profoundly in our quest.

Logically, I think concealing the list of successfuls is the strategic advancement to bias the whole process in this current recruitment. The 2013 recruitment struggle/protest was resounding because some individuals were privy to the list and many candidates then knew their names were on the list but not notified for APL collection. Thus, that supplied the drive and energy to challenge DPR via protest.

Where will our drive and energy come from?
Our drive and energy will come from the belief system that every candidate yet to be notified is a potential successful and is alerted of the tsunami that is about to sweep the list containing their name away. Hence, if the situation gets out of hand and we are forced to make protest (physical&social media) our last resort. The protest will be extremely resounding.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Vanbravo(m): 11:27am On Jul 13, 2018
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Sunnystooth(m): 11:27am On Jul 13, 2018
All these successful Stakeholders' guys that do come here to state how they also merit the APL they got should just shut the eff up... If this recruitment is by merit, not less than 1000 persons out of the over 3000 that had the interview merit it as well.

That you are among the successful one and got your APL already strictly means you were specially considered for that position, which is not fair for others that merit it also, but won't be privileged to get it because of the limited slots.

So all these pity-party and yearnings to be treated like those that would get it strictly on merit should be shoved somewhere else please.

This particular recruitment is messed up enough. No one should come here and form holy and all good after such blazing and glaring unequal treatments.

Don't quote me if you must say rubbish!

11 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by iman62588: 11:33am On Jul 13, 2018
Sunnystooth:
All these successful Stakeholders' guys that do come here to state how they also merit the APL they got should just shut the eff up... If this recruitment is by merit, not less than 1000 persons out of the over 3000 that had the interview merit it as well.

That you are among the successful one and got your APL already strictly means you were specially considered for that position, which is not fair for others that merit it also, but won't be privileged to get it because of the limited slots.

So all these pity-party and yearnings to be treated like those that would get it strictly on merit should be shoved somewhere else please.

This particular recruitment is messed up enough. No one should come here and form holy and all good after such blazing and glaring unequal treatments.

Don't quote me if you must say rubbish!
Exactly the point

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Engralfa(m): 11:45am On Jul 13, 2018
elbangeez:
I really dont know wether the list are seperate or a single list, but what i know is our allocated slots are 11 while 5 people made the meeit list, three stakeholders candidates that i know from my state have all collected, 1 is a former dpr directors son, 1 is a former governors son, 1 is a daughter of a serving minister of state, and the last one didnt even apply wallai,

Niger State?
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Desric(m): 11:49am On Jul 13, 2018
I still maintain that we should wait till after next week Friday. This is a faceless forum and we don't know how many testimonies here are true and how many that are not people are coming here to inform us how they've gotten their letters and how their relatives also have gotten, anyway, this is Nigeria where anything is possible but let's not act like the proverbial tortoise that was put in a pit for years only to start shouting barely days to his rescue. Patience remains a virtue and if we've stayed this long without this job, I think a week longer won't hurt and won't also delay our protest.

3 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by balisco: 12:01pm On Jul 13, 2018
Crane1:
Smiles...

Bros, the word "jez" used in my narratives is a short form of "just", which is to depict/potray/emphasize "patience till next week".
Whether or not it answers for the situation/agitation on ground is subjective to each individuals, and it is my own opinion. I only thought you will be able to make contextual meaning from it.

One out of the brilliant contributions which I logically agree with is what @ naijainstict suggested. I personally believe that if that can be considered, then we can make correct deductions about the list of successful candidates and know if truly it is not compromised. First hand information without basing our conclusions on what we heard, ensuring we take care not to prejudge the issue.

If we must make a case for a peaceful protest, then we must have verifiable data to back it up, by this I mean, how do we verifiably know if the process has been hoodwinked or not? the number of people who made the list (Merit/stakeholders)? What is the timetable/procedure they (DPR) adopts in contacting the successful candidates, either merit or stakeholders (Which should be first)? and lots more, then can we make decisions.

And believe me people, realistically, all what we are basing our judgement on is "what we heard" or "perceived", I stand to be corrected though. Except we have data that we can speak to, like what @naijainstict suggested, then can we make correct deductions and conclusions.

In all these, by Monday till Wednesday next maximum, we should be able to unfold the truth, after which we can have something (data) to speak on and then channel all means to register any grievances/foul play/injustice that may result from the recruitment.

Well this is my own thought and it is subjective. Nevertheless, I pray many of those who will make it on merit, praying for myself inclusive make a positive impact in the organisation and effect a positive change in the oil and gas sector of our nation, contributing to innovative solutions that will help us achieve much from our natural resources, including the stakeholders candidates too.

Make I go face my work now...

[Qquote author=Tetragramaton post=69329050]

Imagine a graduate using jez? Irritating.

Mr. Crane1, just a point of observation and correction in d above statement , ur expression is clearly understood but please when u want to back important content don't use the word data ( datum) as in bracket but use information. Most people believe that the terms "data" and "information" are interchangeable and mean the same thing. However, there is a distinct difference between the two words. Data can be any character, text, word, number, and, if not put into context, means little or nothing to a human. So some dat u get as back up may be useless bcus is just a raw fact yet to b process, validating and analyzed. And we need an analyzed data which is information. Just an observation, cheers.
Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Taofaj4u(m): 12:01pm On Jul 13, 2018
Desric:
I still maintain that we should wait till after next week Friday. This is a faceless forum and we don't know how many testimonies here are true and how many that are not people are coming here to inform us how they've gotten their letters and how their relatives also have gotten, anyway, this is Nigeria where anything is possible but let's not act like the proverbial tortoise that was put in a pit for years only to start shouting barely days to his rescue. Patience remains a virtue and if we've stayed this long without this job, I think a week longer won't hurt and won't also delay our protest.

Take Five !!!!!.

This one na true talk.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by dprpikin: 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2018

5 Likes

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by DarkShades: 12:20pm On Jul 13, 2018
Marvel65:

Goodluck everyone.

I think Marvel65 definitely knows our fears will be allayed between now and monday. That's why he's so confident! I wish us all the very best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job by Anextin(f): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2018
If they didn't come here to post theirs, you and I might never know it's over. Please let's cut them some slack. They are not to be blamed, I believe some might have worked so hard too.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (688) (689) (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) ... (992) (Reply)

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire / Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.