Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

{Nairaland's Closet Of Secrets}: #NlWriters. - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / {Nairaland's Closet Of Secrets}: #NlWriters. (10450 Views)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / Matrimony Of Secrets / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: {Nairaland's Closet Of Secrets}: #NlWriters. by vakinola1(m): 4:33pm On Nov 29, 2016
Dorcygurl you should read this
Re: {Nairaland's Closet Of Secrets}: #NlWriters. by vakinola1(m): 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2016
Horlorlardaey:
adeleke185, Tgirl085, adeculate,
jagugu88li, supersurupe, Bibijay123
shewrites, vakionla1, soleski01
vakinola1*
Re: {Nairaland's Closet Of Secrets}: #NlWriters. by Creeza(m): 6:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
Im here
Re: {Nairaland's Closet Of Secrets}: #NlWriters. by Maryclaire1(f): 11:17pm On Nov 29, 2016
Suspense fill nice story.....thumbs up smiley
Re: {Nairaland's Closet Of Secrets}: #NlWriters. by Maryclaire1(f): 10:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
Horlorlardaey wa guan!!! Hope u are good?
Re: {Nairaland's Closet Of Secrets}: #NlWriters. by vakinola1(m): 11:08pm On Dec 07, 2016
ŋɷw wɧҽɾҽ'ى tɧɩى bɾɷtɧҽɾ ɷʆ mɩŋҽ ??
ɧɷɾɭɷɾɭaɾɖaҽʏ
Re: {Nairaland's Closet Of Secrets}: #NlWriters. by Horlorlardaey: 2:31pm On Apr 06, 2018
CHAPTER NINE

GEN WOOD
I stood up from my sit, and I walked to meet my wife, she gave me a light hug and I helped her to a nearby couch, she was in all smiles.
“Laila, help your mother get a cup of water” I said.
“My wife, I know I’ve offended you, please forgive me” I said holding her hand.
‘You did not offend me’ she said
‘I’ve offended you” I said
‘I deprived our children of their fatherly love, I was not there when you needed me most, I was not there to witness our children’s happy moments’ all this I said more in a rush
‘I’ve forgiven you’ she said
She dragged me closer and wept on my shoulder
Skarley served us our meals and I stayed with my family till late in the evening before retiring to my house.

SEMN
I resumed work in earnest, after I was discharged from the hospital, the doctor had advised I stay a few weeks at home as post treatment rest.
My business was managed by my secretary during the moments I wasn’t able to come to office. She really did a good job and I was happy, at least she was after my happiness.
I couldn’t attend my Ex wedding, my mother wouldn’t even hear of it, Sandra my secretary had forwarded a list to me, they were new applicants.
I gave her the instruction to employ those deem fit and she should forward their resume to me when she is through.
Next tomorrow is Seruwa’s birthday and I’ve got to buy her beautiful gifts, I left office earlier and I decided to visit a nearby store.
I roamed the store but couldn’t find anything quite appealing for my beautiful sister.
“Can I be of help sir?” an angelic voice said to me
I tuned round and I was dazed, the beautiful creature facing me seems to be a descended angel.
She smiled
“uhm…. No….. Sorry….. Yes…...” I stammered
“I need birthday gifts for my sister and I’m confused on what to buy” I said as fast as possible almost choking.
“O.k., then you needs to visit the teens section then” she said
‘Would you mind accompanying me?’ I asked
‘My pleasure’ she said and she led the way.
‘I’m Semn’ I said holding the shopping basket tightly
‘Elizabeth’ she replied and I own this place
‘That’s nice, you must really be industrious, to have somewhere this big’ I complemented.
Elizabeth did most of the picking and one of her worker packaged the stuffs for me, I paid and was about to leave when an idea struck me
“This is my card, do give me a call” I said extending my card to Elizabeth.
‘I’ll try’ she said.
I walked out and I flagged down a bike which took me home.

MARY DEATH
This mission seems tougher than what I expected” I said to myself
Why did my organization even send me here self” I asked rhetorically.
After the failed mission in killing Gen. Wood, I’ve planned on returning back to my country, only to be told that my mission isn’t completed and to compound the problem, two other agents have been added to my ‘kill-list’.
I contacted Agent Mann on how were to carry out the mission and we ended up fighting over the phone, I decided to go on the mission by myself, after all I’ve single handedly carried out more dangerous missing than just killing three agents.
I forgot that I’m facing not just any set of people, my pride got into my head, I forgot these sets of people are equally good and they are two steps ahead of me in their preparation.
Sluggishly, I walked into my doom.

AGENT MANN
I sat down on a bar stool, silently sipping my vodka from the tumbler in my hand. I need to clear my head this instant; only one thought filled my mind – agent Mary Death.
Truly, she can be a pain in the ass; “how come she’s so full of herself” I soliloquized
“What did she take me for?” I asked myself, so she thinks she can just rub dirt on my face and walk away freely? I definitely must teach her to respect male agents who are her seniors in the game.
I finished the drink and I gulped down another round, after finishing like two bottles, I carried myself into my bedroom, dead drunk, I slept off instantly my body touched the bed.

Re: {Nairaland's Closet Of Secrets}: #NlWriters. by Horlorlardaey: 11:07am On Apr 09, 2018
DIVEPEN
After I got healed, mother had to put me in another school, there I finished my O’level education, did I mention the fact that something changed in me? Maybe the doctors who operated on me touched something in my brain, only God knows.
I became a genius, a computer wizard, twice I hacked deep into two different banks, I tampered with their accounts and I altered their database. I had wire a total sum of two million dollars into a foreign bank before, till date the money seems untraceable, I go by the name ‘PenDrive’.
When mother’s disturbance became too much, I decided to enroll into MIT, my application was granted since I was able to pass all their requirements, not forgetting those I fabricated.
I hoped to start a new life at MIT.

DIVEPEN
I started a new life at MIT, I was placed in a room of four, the three other guys are tech geeks too, soon we bonded and we became quite close, I learned rapidly from them too.
Close to the end of my second year we built a drone and were able to hack into the school student portal to change the grades of one of our girlfriends result.
As time flies, I’ve completed my five years course; I became a certified computer engineer. Though that’s just the simple name I called it, in reality I became an engineer, operator and hacker.
I was going home one day when suddenly a van parked beside me, I tried crossing to the other side but it was too late, three hefty men bundled me into the van, before I could say ‘Jack Robinson’ I’ve slept off.

ELIZABETH
It was late in the night when I drove into my apartment, grudgingly; I carried the few groceries I packed from my mall and I walked slowly inside.
Kicking off my shoes, I landed on my bed, I dreamt of the guy who came to my mall today
Oh gracious Semn” I recalled, the next morning I called him and we talked for close to thirty minutes before I decided to go to my mall.
He promised to pick me for dinner later that same day.

AGENT MANN
I have been promoted to head of securities, the vice president, his aides and some Heads got involved in a plane crash, and I was the next capable candidate.
Three weeks after I got promoted, I received a strange mail, it was from Agent Mary Death: congratulating me on my promotion and she decided to visit later in the week.
Re: {Nairaland's Closet Of Secrets}: #NlWriters. by Horlorlardaey: 11:08am On Apr 09, 2018
CHAPTER TEN
DIVEPEN
I woke up with a mild headache, I wasn’t tied like normal captive, in fact I was perfectly laid on a soft bed in a room painted pure white, I turned to check around me, my arm ached a little and I quickly check every part of my body.
There was no sign of incision or anything which means all my body parts are still intact, I stood up and walked to the door, it was locked and computerized.
I sighed, walked back to the bed, I removed a tiny piece of metal from the bedspring, with it I unscrewed the panel of the lock on the door, when I got to the panel, and I gently unplugged the red wire attached to the main screen of the lock. And I replaced it with the yellow one coming from the adapter on the motherboard; I gently cut the other red wire connected to the alarm after making sure the green wire from the mains on the panel is reconnected to the screen.
I laughed after connecting, I have succeeded in reconnecting the security lock to the factory mode, I punched in “1234567” and immediately the door opened.
I gallantly walked out of my supposed prison into the waiting hands of my captors.
I was shocked
I stammered as words failed me, gently I tried going back inside
‘What took you so long?’ was the question that greeted me
“ehm.. ehm…..” I stammered again
I scanned the room, they were four persons in total, and an old man probably in his late sixty sat on a sofa facing the TV, quite unconcerned with what was going on. A beautiful lady was sitting on another sofa with a handsome guy sitting beside her, I quickly considered them couple, on a cane chair was another guy playing with a pistol.
‘Larry, you said he is very good yet it took him 180 seconds to break an Alpha 389 security lock’ the guy playing with the pistol fired
“He’s really good” the other guy beside the lady said calmly
‘How are we sure he can break more complicated locks’ the lady said
I tried defending myself, but was shushed by the Old man
“We will give him another chance to prove himself worth” the old man said authoritatively.
‘Let me introduce you to your new colleagues’ he said
‘This is Agent Larry, Agent Skarley, and sitting on that cane chair is Agent Sam’ he finished.
‘I’m Agent woods’ he said
All I did all this while was nod my head to show that I was following all what he said
‘Introduce you’ Skarley said defiantly
“Ehmm… I’m Divepen, the only son of …….’
“Mrs. Ajileti” Larry finished
“We know your background” Sam added ‘tell us what you can do’
I smiled
“I’m a hacker, white hat to be precise. I can hack anything wired; I can rewire, reconfigure, restructure, read any programming language, and steal anything online.
I can also create and repair anything related to the computer world” I finished
I was smiling again hoping to have impressed them with all what I said.
“Clara, can do more than that” Skarley said
“Only is she’s not dead” Larry chipped in
“What have you achieved?”
“What heist have you pulled before?” agent wood asked
‘Well I’ve hacked the World Bank before; I stole two million Kuwait, I’ve changed records many times at Microsoft portal, MIT portal, Embassy and at the federal hospital too.
Twice I’ve installed virus at FBI database and I was the one who jammed the network at the fed airport causing the crash of the plane that killed the vice and some heads too.’
“Well I was paid for all that, though I never met or kept record of all my dealings, it was always online and half payment before the job, balance after the job”
‘You’re in’ Agent Woods said
All you need is practice, Agent Skarley would tell you every other thing you need to know, and then you are free to go home.
I was a bit fluttered
‘hmm, ehmm, are you sure I can go home sire?’ I asked with a tint of fear
‘Sure you can, agent Larry would explain everything better to you.’ said Agent Woods.
Agent Larry decided to drop me home; while we were going he explained everything clearer to me.
He told me about Agent woods past, how he lost his first family and how and years later before having Skarley and Laila.
He told me about their mission; we were going to retrieve some data from NSS. The president is a monster and all his evil deeds and pasts are stored in one of the databases in NSS.
We will retrieve it with other criminal records of the top leaders of the country then destroy their other planned crimes, we won’t stop there, and we would expose them to the public. We would watch as the public would pass judgment on them, they won’t have any option than to step down in shame, and the aggressive ones among them might face death penalty from the public.
I sighed….

SEMM
My business not only flourished, it was exceptional, and within few years I have acquired plots and plots of land. I sponsored my junior brother education throughout his university education; he is now doing his masters in University of Ulsan. My younger sis; Oh my precious Seruwa!, she is now in her Final year at National University, she would be bagging her degree in Medicine soon, her dream has always be to become a Doctor, I had helped nurture that dream and it has being one of the things I help her achieved in life.
My Mother is now retired and I was happy my dad is still alive too, at least I have proved him wrong; ‘the fact that I did not practice the law I studied did not mean I will not succeed in life’.
Did I forget to mention that I’m now dating Elizabeth? Yes we are engaged and this is the third year. We planned on getting married as soon as Seruwa finishes her education and that would be early next year.
I was happy I did not die while trying to commit suicide over a girl, I was happy I listened to the good advice of my friend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Once Upon A December / 50 Shades Of Grey / Africa to Europe: The Life Of Miss Maria : Season 1.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.