Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,489 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (1616) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3554493 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) ... (3314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by beckplanet: 12:44am On Jun 14, 2020
AkProsper:

pls can you share some ED filter ideas for getting good names.
I already dropped alot of the tips in my brandable guide that all points to that, but the issue is that most people tend to skip the basics and want to jump to short cuts, i equally dropped alot of keywords in same guide here all free of charge but i noticed alot of people ain't reading anything at all nor willing to research and do their homework, having the right knowledge is all you need to figure out what good names to search for, even in my recent post I explicitly explained that I try to keep names short as possible, meaning for Brandable Names search all you need to do is apply those basic keywords i and many other persons have dropped here in the expireddomains filter and simply reduce the maximum word to what you fill is short number/amount of words needed to search for which in my opinion is between 8-12 letters and again i explained in my research posts and even in the old posts that for 2 keywords i don't let them exceed 12 characters which again translate to Applying keywords of your choices (from all the brandable keywords dropped in this thread, again by me and so many others) in the Ed filter and not letting it exceed 12 characters as the max number of words needed in a particular search. That's all you need to do, there's no magic in it and no special Instagram filters needed to apply in it to guarantee a treasure island of good names, once you do this basics you still need to search and search and search for hours to find the names you feel are Ok, again brandable name is all about instinct and your feelings, what looks right for Mr A might be bang average or absolute crap in Mr B's opinion "Hence it is Subjective", no good names are in anywhere waiting for you to just press some buttons to unlock, it's all hardwork and Good knowledge and if you miss the good knowledge part, even if you're given aftermarket names at free of charge to choose from, you won't still figure out what is good fit because you Lack the knowledge. Again people are not ready to read in between the lines at all and ain't ready to do some research. Even after so much explanations and guides.

Peace cool

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by kellychi4u: 2:32am On Jun 14, 2020
Please is this legit or scam, cos they want me to pay $299 for the domain certification before I can proceed.

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by warrenweste(m): 2:35am On Jun 14, 2020
kellychi4u:
Please is this legit or scam, cos they want me to pay $299 for the domain certification before I can proceed.

Big scam the domain certificate scam has been around for years disregard and block the idiot

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by paulsir: 2:36am On Jun 14, 2020
Heroclitus:

Sir,I've registered a name since Thursday now on porkbun and tried setting the landingpage to afternic but noticed nothing changed since

After setting the name server to aftetnic, how do I configure the DNs records sir? or what else do I have to do

Since you have changed the nameserver to Afternic ns3n4 it's fine.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by kellychi4u: 2:41am On Jun 14, 2020
warrenweste:

Big scam the domain certificate scam has been around for years disregard and block the idiot

OMG, and they actually used godaddy email to mail me

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Qulink1(m): 2:43am On Jun 14, 2020
kellychi4u:
Scam! Scam!! Scam!!!
Do not reply them. They've been sending it to many Domainers lately
#ignoreatyourownrisk
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by paulsir: 2:44am On Jun 14, 2020
Heroclitus:

Sir,I've registered a name since Thursday now on porkbun and tried setting the landingpage to afternic but noticed nothing changed since

After setting the name server to aftetnic, how do I configure the DNs records sir? or what else do I have to do
Just list it on Afternic and other market places since you have changed the nameservers to ns3 n ns4 of Afternic.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Qulink1(m): 2:45am On Jun 14, 2020
kellychi4u:

OMG, and they actually used godaddy email to mail me
They didn't use GoDaddy email.
They inquired about the domain and made am offer through GoDaddy,it's normal GoDaddy informs you

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by kellychi4u: 2:49am On Jun 14, 2020
Qulink1:

They didn't use GoDaddy email.
They inquired about the domain and made am offer through GoDaddy,it's normal GoDaddy inform you

Omo this guys dey try oh, see scamming levels, Omo Naija still dey learn work.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by kellychi4u: 2:50am On Jun 14, 2020
Qulink1:

Scam! Scam!! Scam!!!
Do not reply them. They've been sending it to many Domainers lately
#ignoreatyourownrisk

Thanks bro, if not for you guys here, na like this I for waste this money.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Qulink1(m): 3:02am On Jun 14, 2020
kellychi4u:

Lol, Nigeria no dey first 5 in the world grin
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by festilla: 4:14am On Jun 14, 2020
FIRST SALE ALERT
phoenixcourierservice.com
Venue: epik
Purchased : $8.99 epik
Sold :$350
Hold Time : 9 days.
Outbound

Thanks to God and my mentor.

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Brymo4all(m): 4:21am On Jun 14, 2020
Congratulations bro.
I'm still awake reading the thread.
Hope to start reporting sales soon.
More sales bro grin
festilla:
FIRST SALE ALERT
Outbound

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by therealMcCain: 5:40am On Jun 14, 2020
silverrock:
@beckplanet and @theRealMcain
Quick question.
Are all your brandables .com domains?

Yes, all my domain are in .com

The phase of regging other extensions hasnt come for me. Dont be tempted to jump into .io .co when you see sales report o

It is my opinion that when people post sales report, they should equally state how many names they have in their portfolio, it will help tame expectations.

The guy making a killing on NP for .co extentions has alot of such names and some of these extensions are premuim registration fee(some $25, $100 etc)

Stick with .com for now

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by therealMcCain: 5:54am On Jun 14, 2020
beckplanet:

I already dropped alot of the tips in my brandable guide that all points to that, but the issue is that most people tend to skip the basics and want to jump to short cuts, i equally dropped alot of keywords in same guide here all free of charge but i noticed alot of people ain't reading anything at all nor willing to research and do their homework, having the right knowledge is all you need to figure out what good names to search for, even in my recent post I explicitly explained that I try to keep names short as possible, meaning for Brandable Names search all you need to do is apply those basic keywords i and many other persons have dropped here in the expireddomains filter and simply reduce the maximum word to what you fill is short number/amount of words needed to search for which in my opinion is between 8-12 letters and again i explained in my research posts and even in the old posts that for 2 keywords i don't let them exceed 12 characters which again translate to Applying keywords of your choices (from all the brandable keywords dropped in this thread, again by me and so many others) in the Ed filter and not letting it exceed 12 characters as the max number of words needed in a particular search. That's all you need to do, there's no magic in it and no special Instagram filters needed to apply in it to guarantee a treasure island of good names, once you do this basics you still need to search and search and search for hours to find the names you feel are Ok, again brandable name is all about instinct and your feelings, what looks right for Mr A might be bang average or absolute crap in Mr B's opinion "Hence it is Subjective", no good names are in anywhere waiting for you to just press some buttons to unlock, it's all hardwork and Good knowledge and if you miss the good knowledge part, even if you're given aftermarket names at free of charge to choose from, you won't still figure out what is good fit because you Lack the knowledge. Again people are not ready to read in between the lines at all and ain't ready to do some research. Even after so much explanations and guides.

Peace cool

Your second line of your last post clearly stated all your names are from ED. second line o

Someone quoted the whole post and asked if your names were from ED or Handreg

Even with optimized search parameters on ED, you will still spend hours going through name, just that with the optimized settings you will eliminate bad names and streamline your result. There must be constant reading, exploring and tweaking.

The last $900 sale I posted was a result of the tweak I did.

FYI using keyword filter can be limiting but its a good place to start, you can always save that setting and also another one without keywords.

Someone posted Swifthomedelivery, Iwould never have seen such name because my parameter would have filtered it out. so have different saved searches with different parameters BUT you must be focused, not jumping from one strategy to another. Dont have too many saved patterns at a time because it can be overwhelming. Save the ones you know you can comfortably search through, after a while you tweak and make adjustment, then continue

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Truth4eva: 6:02am On Jun 14, 2020
kellychi4u:
SCAM. They sent me such message also. I gave them the link to my domain marketplace. I told them if they paid, I would deduct the $299 from the money and send to them. They called me names and blocked me.
They are SCAMMERS.

6 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by SGRACE1(m): 6:28am On Jun 14, 2020
festilla:
FIRST SALE ALERT
Outbound

congrats bro and more sales to us

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by SGRACE1(m): 6:34am On Jun 14, 2020
Goodam bosses and fellow newbies...please I want to know if I can push a domain that is less than 60 days from Porkborn to Dan....answer needed urgently please. Thanks and happy Sunday to us.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by grandstar(m): 6:41am On Jun 14, 2020
kellychi4u:

It is a scam. They'll use that $299 clean mouth and then tell you they are not interested in your domain again.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by therealMcCain: 6:41am On Jun 14, 2020
SGRACE1:
Goodam bosses and fellow newbies...please I want to know if I can push a domain that is less than 60 days from Porkborn to Dan....answer needed urgently please. Thanks and happy Sunday to us.

Did you start from page 1?

Push is done within same registrar, Porkbun to Porkbun, Godaddy to Godaddy

Transfer is done between registrar, Porkbun to Godaddy, Namesilo to Dynadot

If a domain is less than 60days, you are left with the option of push, If and only if the buyer is willing to accept a push(that means he has to go register an account where the domain is domiciled else you wait)

If he is willing to accept a push, then you can push to the marketplace account with that registrar(the marketplace will instruct you to do so)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by SGRACE1(m): 7:00am On Jun 14, 2020
therealMcCain:

Did you start from page 1?

Push is done within same registrar, Porkbun to Porkbun, Godaddy to Godaddy

Transfer is done between registrar, Porkbun to Godaddy, Namesilo to Dynadot

If a domain is less than 60days, you are left with the option of push, If and only if the buyer is willing to accept a push(that means he has to go register an account where the domain is domiciled else you wait)

If he is willing to accept a push, then you can push to the marketplace account with that registrar(the marketplace will instruct you to do so)

Okay thanks alot for this elaborate explanation. God bless you sir.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ewizard1: 7:00am On Jun 14, 2020
beckplanet

Please, does BB accept unregd name like SH? Can you point me to the page?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by beckplanet: 7:27am On Jun 14, 2020
therealMcCain:

Your second line of your last post clearly stated all your names are from ED. second line o

Someone quoted the whole post and asked if your names were from ED or Handreg

Even with optimized search parameters on ED, you will still spend hours going through name, just that with the optimized settings you will eliminate bad names and streamline your result. There must be constant reading, exploring and tweaking.

The last $900 sale I posted was a result of the tweak I did.

FYI using keyword filter can be limiting but its a good place to start, you can always save that setting and also another one without keywords.

Someone posted Swifthomedelivery, Iwould never have seen such name because my parameter would have filtered it out. so have different saved searches with different parameters BUT you must be focused, not jumping from one strategy to another. Dont have too many saved patterns at a time because it can be overwhelming. Save the ones you know you can comfortably search through, after a while you tweak and make adjustment, then continue

Nice observations bro.
On the question asked, i think i responded to as well in the next post where i mentioned i Handreg too probably 10% of the time but it have to be some tweak i feel is necessary or when a new trend is ongoing that needs relatively new names. I even mentioned that as well in the first post smiley down the line where i clearly stated that when there's a new trend i try to blend in too but some people doesn't read all i post just highlight through the areas they like. grin

Again the reason why i don't encourage new Hand regging that much and prefer Dropped names instead is simply because dropped names have some sought of edge over new regs due to its past internet records and already existing online presence. I've seen cases where a name was sold because some related companies to the brand name came for it, probably they missed out on the name the first time, or even old owners reigniting interest or name is already popular term in the internet, someone searches about something finds name and feel it is ideal to use it for their brand. Or just some company using a longer term decided to rebrand. All these instances occurs the more if the name is dropped.

Where as in New Hand Regs, you must be extremely cautious and must know what you're doing. I've sold new regs too and ain't saying they're not good options cos they really are as well, but some people do new regs just to suit brandable marketplaces appeal (Now they must have to think the name outside the brandable market and see if it still sustains end user appeal and demand) that is why alot of people get frustrated and ain't selling any names because outside the brandable marketplace they submitted a tweaked name from, name is totally useless and has no real end user applicability and thus does not attract much end user demand and may have to rely on a miracle to sale. Lol smiley
That's why most times I try to be honest in my explanations to tell people what works for me and at the same time make it clear that as a newbie for those coming through, you must not be in a hurry to start off but take it gradually to accumulate knowledge first then with such knowledge you can easily tell what is good or bad for you, A few people I know have understood this process and followed in line and are making simple and steady progress, while alot of people are still trying to bend corners and not follow the real making process. That's the difference here(The easiest path to success is a straight line, but too many people likes shortcuts and because shortcut didn't work for me if i teach anyone same, I'm sure and guaranteed it won't work for them either because it didn't work for me in the first place). Hence i try to be explicit and sincere in all my post and happy some persons are benefiting from it already, i can name names sef smiley, but some others ain't ready yet, as brandable Domaining ain't for everyone (I said that in my very first guide here).

I hope some learns a thing or two from this my long post smiley and @therealMcCain thanks again for the observations and insight as well and i encourage the work you put in here too.

Peace cool

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Depressed101: 7:28am On Jun 14, 2020
kellychi4u:

$299 scam means say naija dey learn work? Oh you didn't read the news where Nigerians were arrested for $100 million scam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by beckplanet: 7:34am On Jun 14, 2020
ewizard1:
beckplanet

Please, does BB accept unregd name like SH? Can you point me to the page?
BB do review unregistered names but they don't register it for you. You register them yourself if they approve it and you pay BB $1 for the review. Again the down side of BB's UNREGISTERED names review is simply that you have to wait for 45 days to get a name reviewed at Brandbucket and might risk losing such name in the long waiting review time. I've answered this question before. Again at the bolded i don't know what page you mean as you weren't clear enough in your description. If you meant my brandable guide page, you can simply ask the house in sure someone might know it as i don't have it off hand or just time it on Google as someone suggested in the past here. I guess you haven't read this thread very often some of your question have been very recently answered here.

Anyways hopefully you'll get a feedback soon.

Peace cool

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ewizard1: 7:46am On Jun 14, 2020
beckplanet:

BB do review unregistered names but they don't register it for you. You register them yourself if they approve it and you pay BB $1 for the review. Again the down side of BB's UNREGISTERED names review is simply that you have to wait for 45 days to get a name reviewed at Brandbucket and might risk losing such name in the long waiting review time. I've answered this question before. Again at the bolded i don't know what page you mean as you weren't clear enough in your description. If you meant my brandable guide page, you can simply ask the house in sure someone might know it as i don't have it off hand or just time it on Google as someone suggested in the past here. I guess you haven't read this thread very often some of your question have been very recently answered here.

Anyways hopefully you'll get a feedback soon.

Peace cool
I actually meant the page where they stated the terms for unregd name. But you already cleared my question. Thanks Boss.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 14, 2020
virtuedagirl:

Yes the where available. I even wrote them down on my notepad. Lesson learnt. We move
Now with this your reply, I have to go through wayback machine and I notice that they have been registered before, and probably dropped recently especially impactbound, 3 times record in archive while other only one time. This means they can be found in ED. So it's not necessarily the domain tool backend you used registered it, but other domainers eyeing them. That's one of disadvantages of waiting or sitting on unregistered names from ED when no money is available. You won't see them again. Hope u get that.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Firefox01: 8:34am On Jun 14, 2020
Good morning guys. What do you fill in the Pincode column when registering on squadhelp? Quick replies please.

Modified: Never mind. Figured it out.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Sadiq3051(m): 9:27am On Jun 14, 2020
@ Beckplanet I always find your post very insightful, really appreciate.... you, farouksenior and haykay2005 are the guys I can't fit forget in my journey to brandable world....

like farouk always say, I will change your OS to that of Brandable own lol...

I appreciate you guys.....

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IghravweIG(m): 9:33am On Jun 14, 2020
beckplanet:

Peace cool
God bless you and yours Sire.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by beckplanet: 9:36am On Jun 14, 2020
Sadiq3051:
@ Beckplanet I always find your post very insightful, really appreciate.... you, farouksenior and haykay2005 are the guys I can't fit forget in my journey to brandable world....

like farouk always say, I will change your OS to that of Brandable own lol...

I appreciate you guys.....
Thanks bro. Appreciate the kind words.
God bless you also.

Peace cool

IghravweIG:

God bless you and yours Sire.
Same bro, God bless you too

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IghravweIG(m): 9:43am On Jun 14, 2020
festilla:
FIRST SALE ALERT
Outbound

Congratulations... More sales to us all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) ... (3314) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: Disembark, mejai(m), emkad, Jsaviour(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.