Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,441 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3532410 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (3310) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by erique007(m): 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2019
Just purchased a domain on godaddy for $1.17 using promo code MMANUTS99
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by etin06(m): 3:36pm On Jan 13, 2019
erique007:
First time purchase on godaddy I guess?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by CuriousX: 4:16pm On Jan 13, 2019
@iyke and all please which registra is the cheapest for renewal? I have 4domains that will expire soon. I intend to transfer them to a registra that has cheap renewal. Please help. Thanks
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 4:30pm On Jan 13, 2019
CuriousX:
@iyke and all please which registra is the cheapest for renewal? I have 4domains that will expire soon. I intend to transfer them to a registra that has cheap renewal. Please help. Thanks
Namesilo; close to $9 USD

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by otoboson: 6:48pm On Jan 13, 2019
Playz:
#FirstSale
Started Domaining Dec. 26th 2018 after crawling this thread countless number of times.
This was the second name I registered, picked from expired domains.
Purchase price: $1 Netsol
BIN: $100
Hold time: 2 Weeks
Type: Outbound-Facebook actually, after countless read mails without reply.
I pitched the name to him, no reply, about 4hrs later I asked "Would you like to make us an offer?" Said: "Yes, $50"
Countered $80, no reply, I sent him the link and changed BIN to $50, He paid immediately.

Thank you Iykepromotions for your superb mentorship (even though I didn't contact you on this one, grin ), 2sexycom, Haykay2005, Promxy94, expertix, Treasure28 and every other person for your positive contributions to this thread, they really motivated me.
..and to otoboson who mentioned to "not be greedy, in this business", I remembered that when I accepted the $50.
Congrats, I see that you also applied THE TRICK I use after a potential buyer reads my mail/message and ignore. Lol, 'WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE US AN OFFER?' works every time, although many will say NO but at least you will know for sure that they're not interested. Also, you will get a low offer most times if they say yes, but at least you can sell (IF THE OFFER IS ACCEPTABLE FOR THE VALUE OF THE DOMAIN) and move to the next.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Playz(m): 7:04pm On Jan 13, 2019
otoboson:

Congrats, I see that you also applied THE TRICK I use after a potential buyer reads my mail/message and ignore. Lol, 'WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE US AN OFFER?' works every time, although many will say NO but at least you will know for sure that they're not interested. Also, you will get a low offer most times if they say yes, but at least you can sell (IF THE OFFER IS ACCEPTABLE FOR THE VALUE OF THE DOMAIN) and move to the next.
Yes Boss.
Thanks!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by bobojoshua(m): 7:43pm On Jan 13, 2019
Playz:
#FirstSale
Started Domaining Dec. 26th 2018 after crawling this thread countless number of times.
This was the second name I registered, picked from expired domains.
Purchase price: $1 Netsol
BIN: $100
Hold time: 2 Weeks
Type: Outbound-Facebook actually, after countless read mails without reply.
I pitched the name to him, no reply, about 4hrs later I asked "Would you like to make us an offer?" Said: "Yes, $50"
Countered $80, no reply, I sent him the link and changed BIN to $50, He paid immediately.

Thank you Iykepromotions for your superb mentorship (even though I didn't contact you on this one, grin ), 2sexycom, Haykay2005, Promxy94, expertix, Treasure28 and every other person for your positive contributions to this thread, they really motivated me.
..and to otoboson who mentioned to "not be greedy, in this business", I remembered that when I accepted the $50.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by jamih: 8:42pm On Jan 13, 2019
CuriousX:
Lcn.com....6.49$

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by kalex0(m): 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2019
otoboson:

please how will I know if an end user don read my mail

reply ASAP please
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by otoboson: 9:54pm On Jan 13, 2019
kalex0:

reply ASAP please
By tracking your emails, I use Mailspring (paid subscription) but read the thread to get tips on free apps/sites for it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Sandycee: 10:04pm On Jan 13, 2019
erique007:
What's the code for pls. Let me try GoDaddy since I cant purchase from netsol
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Josmila(m): 11:20pm On Jan 13, 2019
Evening guys,

I got this response from a prospective buyer "Send me the search results per month for the last year " for a domain I'm pitching to him. How do I proceed please.

Urgent please!!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by slimjosh43: 1:01am On Jan 14, 2019
kalex0:

reply ASAP please
Hunter.io
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by flexyndavis(m): 1:12am On Jan 14, 2019
am open to learn any form of online business,now that we are on strike
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by joesaint: 1:21am On Jan 14, 2019
Pls anyone knw why am getting this on afternic

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Truth4eva: 6:57am On Jan 14, 2019
Josmila:
Evening guys,

I got this response from a prospective buyer "Send me the search results per month for the last year " for a domain I'm pitching to him. How do I proceed please.

Urgent please!!
In my own opinion, I would advice that you do not have to tell them about search results in your mail. This would save you the stress you have found yourself into. Anyway, let the gurus answer you.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Gabson91(m): 9:08am On Jan 14, 2019
Do you think that the searched term information on the sales letter isnt that important? I feel just saying the domain name is up for SALE might not really strike a bell enough to convince them to buy.. Please your opinions would be appreciated
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by kainos76(m): 9:16am On Jan 14, 2019
Josmila:
Evening guys,

Urgent please!!
use kwfinder.com

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by kalex0(m): 9:26am On Jan 14, 2019
slimjosh43:
Hunter.io
give me more details please
how do I go abt it??
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by myseyf(m): 12:01pm On Jan 14, 2019
Please!!! Domain veterans, You people should help me! I'm very very new in this domain biz, I just bought a domain last Friday and decide to do some outbound late last night, only to wake up this morning to see an offer of $... for my domain via email.

I had accepted the offer and the buyer has replied back with "That's a deal".

Now how will I know they've made a payment? Will undeveloped sent me a notification of payment? And how can I transfer or push the domain name to this buyer? Please, I have never done this before! cry cry cry cry cry cry

cc; Playz 2sexycom AMZYMAYO fhranchez Promxy94 expertix Treasure28 Gabson91 Testapep Promxy94 paulsir iykepromotions otoboson

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Gabson91(m): 12:11pm On Jan 14, 2019
myseyf:
Please!!! Domain veterans, You people should help me! I'm very very new in this domain biz, I just bought a domain last Friday and decide to do some outbound late last night, only to wake up this morning to see an offer of $... for my domain via email.

Now how will I know they've made a payment? Will undeveloped sent me a notification of payment? And how can I transfer or push the domain name to this buyer? Please, I have never done this before! cry cry cry cry cry cry

cc; Playz 2sexycom AMZYMAYO fhranchez Promxy94 expertix Treasure28 Gabson91 Testapep Promxy94 paulsir iykepromotions otoboson

once he pays they'll notify u. Also weda u prefer domain push or transfer, all you need do is follow their instructions and request. Not difficult
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by myseyf(m): 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2019
Gabson91:
once he pays they'll notify u. Also weda u prefer domain push or transfer, all you need do is follow their instructions and request. Not difficult

Thanks so much. I will be waiting for their notification then.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Promxy94(m): 12:48pm On Jan 14, 2019
myseyf:

Did the offer, come in via undeveloped or did the buyer reply your private mail.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by myseyf(m): 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2019
Promxy94:

Did the offer, come in via undeveloped or did the buyer reply your private mail.
It came through private mail! The offer was via private mail.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Treasure28: 1:55pm On Jan 14, 2019
Promxy94:

I can see via email in his post.

But still need to know if it was a reply to his outbound email or an offer email notification from undeveloped.
Very important
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Treasure28: 2:00pm On Jan 14, 2019
myseyf:

So, it's better you go set the "Buy it now" price at undeveloped to your
agreed price and send him the purchase link
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by myseyf(m): 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2019
Treasure28:

So, it's better you go set the "Buy it now" price to your
The initial offer was $500, Now I had to set it to the agreed $300 right?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by myseyf(m): 2:05pm On Jan 14, 2019
Treasure28:

So, it's better you go set the "Buy it now" price at undeveloped to your
Double post! thanks for your reply. I just update the price now to our agreed price, I'm sending the buyer the link.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Promxy94(m): 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2019
myseyf:

Set the agreed price on undeveloped Bin
Reply him with the link to the domain name landing page with Bin showing.
So he can make payment.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2019
Testimony time. Alert just entered. Jesus thank you!

3 word USA geo domain (real estate industry)

Bought at Netsol for $1 on Dec. 23 2018 and set BIN $2,300 on Undeveloped

Outbounded on 26th night to more than 20 end users (Facebook and direct email)

Woke up around 3am on Dec. 27th to see an offer of $1,500

I immediately countered $2,000

Buyer countered $1,500 again and said (Unfortunately that's as high as I can go. Thank you for the consideration.)

I come think am. Sleep no gree come again. I say weda to use delay tactics. My church mind tell me say I dey greedy. $1500!!!

I accept fasssssttttt!!!Dec 27th

The waiting game don start be that.

I took the liberty to search the buyer on Facebook. Saw her and noticed she is a very big realtor in that particular real estate subniche I targeted. (Meanwhile name was gotten from Expireddomains)

I added her as a friend and introduced myself. (Reason for this was to get her to know I am real ..... probably worked)

She was on vacation so communication was hell. But I kept communicating. Answering her many questions about her being skeptical about Undeveloped as a trustworthy company, transfer process, how she will get the domain etc.

This went on till Dec 31st when the buyer sent me a mail from Undeveloped that almost gave me heart attack LOL.

Undeveloped in their payment reminder to her spelt the domain name (the name of the city) wrongly TWICE in the same mail. Chai.

She said her trust don vanish that professionals cannot make such a mistake. Wahala. My brain went into overdrive.

I had to allay her fears by letting her understand that Undeveloped being a European country may sometimes get foreign names wrong. I agreed with her that it was unprofessional and that I will contact Undeveloped to correct the mistake.

She was happy.

I contacted Undeveloped and apologies were poured out with promises to rectify the issue.

I purposely didn't bombard buyer with mails so that she will not feel too pressured and back off, but I remember asking her when she intended to pay, cos with the landing page showing "Domain Sold", I may lose other prospects.

She totally understood my concerns and said she was on vacation and cannot do much until she gets back home. That if I want to back off from the deal she will understand...WHAAAATTT!!! Back off wetin!!! God forbid. I told her I will wait ooo.

Undeveloped sent second payment reminder to her on Jan 3.

Buyer assumed that she will pay extra VAT and started developing cold feet.

Those current with Namepros will remember the thread where Undeveloped explained thoroughly their VAT methods.

I smiled and explained the much I can to her that since she is from outside Europe, she won't have to pay any VAT. I also told her that I will tell Undeveloped to explain this to her. Undeveloped did and everyone was happy. LOL

Friday Jan 4th buyer paid. Praise God!

Undeveloped contacted me for domain transfer. Which I completed later in the day. But it was until Monday 7th that Undeveloped acknowledged it (they don't communicated weekends from my experience).

However, it was only on last Wednesday Jan. 9th that they sent the money ($1,365) to my dom account. They said ordinarily they ought to have sent it out within 1 business day from the time buyer paid, but because it was my first transaction, they had to make sure of certain things. They also rejected my request for Bitcoin payout because of the same reason. I can however request for Bitcoin payout from my second transaction.

Wire transfer takes 3-5 business days to hit your account.

Today is the 3rd day. Alert received around 1pm.

I had to write this long epistle not just our of joy, but to chronicle what it looks like dealing with Undeveloped.

Some sales may go smoother than mine, but this goes to show that if I never thought of searching this buyer on Facebook, probability of losing this sale would be high.

I registered 12 names with the $1 promo. Praying and hoping few more in same real estate subniche (sorry - won't reveal it for now) will sell.

As a newbie, and still learning. Try and target cities with population above 100,000

If you are searching your keyword on Google for endusers, if you see adverts appearing at the top of the serach engine results, that's a good sign that people want that keyword. So an enduser may like to have an EMD as his/her domain name.

Another tip. If you are setting your filters on Expireddomains, under Additional tab, at the bottom, tick the box that says Facebook Taken

It will show you domains that have Facebook Pages with the same names. For instance, if it lists lagosvetservices .com, it means you MAY see a Facebook Page with the handle @lagosvetservices

It doesn't always work but when it does, it is a plus. Just check if the FB Page is active. If the business has a website. Even if it has a website that goes by another/similar name, the business MAY want to own a name that matches their FB Page.

$1 promo give us a lot of room to lower our risks.

Meanwhile my alert says $1,345 instead of $1,365. I guess $20 has gone towards unexplained bank charges. Different story with different companies. When I sold some names on Namejet last year, I got the exact amount in my dom account.

Nothing spoil. To God be the Glory. More sales to us all!

PS: any typo? Pardon. Too happy to proofread. LOL.

83 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by myseyf(m): 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2019
Promxy94:

Set the agreed price on undeveloped Bin
Reply him with the link to the domain name landing page with Bin showing.
So he can make payment.
Thanks. I hv done it just now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by hspda: 2:14pm On Jan 14, 2019
tranxo:
Testimony time. Alert just entered. Jesus thank you!

3 word USA geo domain (real estate industry)

Bought at Netsol for $1 on Dec. 23 2018 and set BIN $2,300 on Undeveloped

Outbounded on 26th night to more than 20 end users (Facebook and direct email)

Woke up around 3am on Dec. 27th to see an offer of $1,500

I immediately countered $2,000

Buyer countered $1,500 again and said (Unfortunately that's as high as I can go. Thank you for the consideration.)

I come think am. Sleep no gree come again. I say weda to use delay tactics. My church mind tell me say I dey greedy. $1500!!!

I accept fasssssttttt!!!Dec 27th

The waiting game don start be that.

I took the liberty to search the buyer on Facebook. Saw her and noticed she is a very big realtor in that particular real estate subniche I targeted. (Meanwhile name was gotten from Expireddomains)

I added her as a friend and introduced myself. (Reason for this was to get her to know I am real ..... probably worked)

She was on vacation so communication was hell. But I kept communicating. Answering her many questions about her being skeptical about Undeveloped as a trustworthy company, transfer process, how she will get the domain etc.

This went on till Dec 31st when the buyer sent me a mail from Undeveloped that almost gave me heart attack LOL.

Undeveloped in their payment reminder to her spelt the domain name (the name of the city) wrongly TWICE in the same mail. Chai.

She said her trust don vanish that professionals cannot make such a mistake. Wahala. My brain went into overdrive.

I had to allay her fears by letting her understand that Undeveloped being a European country may sometimes get foreign names wrong. I agreed with her that it was unprofessional and that I will contact Undeveloped to correct the mistake.

She was happy.

I contacted Undeveloped and apologies were poured out with promises to rectify the issue.

I purposely didn't bombard buyer with mails so that she will not feel too pressured and back off, but I remember asking her when she intended to pay, cos with the landing page showing "Domain Sold", I may lose other prospects.

She totally understood my concerns and said she was on vacation and cannot do much until she gets back home. That if I want to back off from the deal she will understand...WHAAAATTT!!! Back off wetin!!! God forbid. I told her I will wait ooo.

Undeveloped sent second payment reminder to her on Jan 3.

Buyer assumed that she will pay extra VAT and started developing cold feet.

Those current with Namepros will remember the thread where Undeveloped explained thoroughly their VAT methods.

I smiled and explained the much I can to her that since she is from outside Europe, she won't have to pay any VAT. I also told her that I will tell Undeveloped to explain this to her. Undeveloped did and everyone was happy. LOL

Friday Jan 4th buyer paid. Praise God!

Undeveloped contacted me for domain transfer. Which I completed later in the day. But it was until Monday 7th that Undeveloped acknowledged it (they don't communicated weekends from my experience).

However, it was only on last Wednesday Jan. 9th that they sent the money ($1,365) to my dom account. They said ordinarily they ought to have sent it out within 1 business day from the time buyer paid, but because it was my first transaction, they had to make sure of certain things. They also rejected my request for Bitcoin payout because of the same reason. I can however request for Bitcoin payout from my second transaction.

Wire transfer takes 3-5 business days to hit your account.

Today is the 3rd day. Alert received around 1pm.

I had to write this long epistle not just our of joy, but to chronicle what it looks like dealing with Undeveloped.

Some sales may go smoother than mine, but this goes to show that if I never thought of searching this buyer on Facebook, probability of losing this sale would be high.

I registered 12 names with the $1 promo. Praying and hoping few more in same real estate subniche (sorry - won't reveal it for now) will sell.

As a newbie, and still learning. Try and target cities with population above 100,000

If you are searching your keyword on Google for endusers, if you see adverts appearing at the top of the serach engine results, that's a good sign that people want that keyword. So an enduser may like to have an EMD as his/her domain name.

Another tip. If you are setting your filters on Expireddomains, under Additional tab, at the bottom, tick the box that says Facebook Taken

It will show you domains that have Facebook Pages with the same names. For instance, if it lists lagosvetservices .com, it means you MAY see a Facebook Page with the handle @lagosvetservices

It doesn't always work but when it does, it is a plus. Just check if the FB Page is active. If the business has a website. Even if it has a website that goes by another/similar name, the business MAY want to own a name that matches their FB Page.

$1 promo give us a lot of room to lower our risks.

Meanwhile my alert says $1,345 instead of $1,365. I guess $20 has gone towards unexplained bank charges. Different story with different companies. When I sold some names on Namejet last year, I got the exact amount in my dom account.

Nothing spoil. To God be the Glory. More sales to us all!

PS: any typo? Pardon. Too happy to proofread. LOL.

Congratulations on your sale

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (3310) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: Omoniyi1234, chicfarmer, GladmanGoddey(m), rm94(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.