Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,590 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets (3947 Views)

Why My Engagement Lasted Three Years –mimi Oriente. Picture. / My Engagement Ring To Marieolae / I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by demystify(f): 1:45pm On Oct 26, 2009
I used to date a guy and never and still feel nothing for.
My mom and big sis convinced me that love may grow with time. I have known this guy for over 3yrs, still felt nothing for him and they think love may grow? Well i gave it a thought and we got engaged and was going to get married soon (early next year) with zero feelings for him.

Somehow some way, I was scared cos the guy told me he's prayed a lot about this for many years and he's convinced in his heart that am the one. So thought well, if he's truly the one then a little likeness may crop up with time. . .  yet nothing was coming.

I prayed about this issue and was very confused. One day i called him that we need to have a serious chat, he agreed. I went to his house and told him that i cannot go on with the marriage cos i don't even have an iota of likeness for him and to talk of love, so he should take the ring back.

He took it but was angry and disappointed but i told him that it's the best for both of us. How can you cope with a wife who feels nothing for you? We may never be happy in that marriage.

I took time to explain the demerits of such marriage to him and left peacefully. My mom and sis are very disappointed in me but my Dad is in full support of this cos he cares about my happiness.
YET still this guy has been calling me and think I am the ONE for him.

I left him since August, i still feel no likeness, love or even regret for what i did.

My question/problem is?
Can God give you a partner you feel nothing for?
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 26, 2009
You did the right thing hun better to run while you are engaged than married. If you feel nothing for a person, its best to leave them be.
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 26, 2009
demystify:

I used to date a guy and never and still feel nothing for.
My mom and big sis convinced me that love may grow with time. I have known this guy for over 3yrs, still felt nothing for him and they think love may grow? Well i gave it a thought and we got engaged and was going to get married soon (early next year) with zero feelings for him.

Somehow some way, I was scared cos the guy told me he's prayed a lot about this for many years and he's convinced in his heart that am the one. So thought well, if he's truly the one then a little likeness may crop up with time. . . yet nothing was coming.

I prayed about this issue and was very confused. One day i called him that we need to have a serious chat, he agreed. I went to his house and told him that i cannot go on with the marriage cos i don't even have an iota of likeness for him and to talk of love, so he should take the ring back.

He took it but was angry and disappointed but i told him that it's the best for both of us. How can you cope with a wife who feels nothing for you? We may never be happy in that marriage.

I took time to explain the demerits of such marriage to him and left peacefully. My mom and sis are very disappointed in me but my Dad is in full support of this cos he cares about my happiness.
YET still this guy has been calling me and think I am the ONE for him.

I left him since August, i still feel no likeness, love or even regret for what i did.

My question/problem is?
Can God give you a partner you feel nothing for?

No! God dosen't complicate issues for us. If he wants you to marry him, he'll sow that seed of love in your heart for him!

Life is filled with choices, but the hardest of them is knowing when to let go. You did the right thing and I dont want you to ever let anybody convince you otherwise.

The worst thing you can do is marry a man you dont want because when the problems come (and beleive me, they will), you'll only be looking for a way out!
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by manmustwac(m): 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2009
How can a guy be even desperate to want to marry a babe who has no feelings for him
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by r231(m): 2:23pm On Oct 26, 2009
Ujujoan:

No! God dosen't complicate issues for us. If he wants you to marry him, he'll sow that seed of love in your heart for him!

Life is filled with choices, but the hardest of them is knowing when to let go. You did the right thing and I dont want you to ever let anybody convince you otherwise.

The worst thing you can do is marry a man you dont want because when the problems come (and beleive me, they will), you'll only be looking for a way out!

didn't knw u r dis religious lol

@Op
you did the right thing for being honest with him cus some pple will jus play along and take him for everything he has dats if he is loaded
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2009
didn't knw u r dis religious lol

LOL cheesy well, I dey to remember God sometimes.

[size=3pt]How've u bin? Ope the wedding plans are coming along fine ?[/size] wink
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by igbonla(m): 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2009
God is not an author of confusion but He does not tamper with our freewill.
It is difficult and not exactly right to commend or condemn your decision but life must go on for both of you.
Hope you find love and happiness someday soon.
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by bluespice(f): 2:28pm On Oct 26, 2009
ur right
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by r231(m): 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2009
Ujujoan:

LOL  cheesy well, I dey to remember God sometimes.

[size=3pt]How've u bin? Ope the wedding plans are coming along fine ?[/size]  wink

I am ok,,,,,,,,,,wedding plan is not easy especially wen u r not in 9ja but we jus got a planner now so she can take away some of my headaches lol
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by AniLee(f): 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2009
demystify:

but my Dad is in full support of this cos he cares about my happiness.

I support your old man all the way
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 26, 2009
rather dangerous to marry someone you feel nothing for, but who knows.
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by justwise(m): 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2009
U really did the right thing and i think u are a responsible girl.
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by candylips(m): 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2009
@poster.

you have made a big mistake . Husbands are very scare to get these days.

You might regret this decision latter on if you don't get someone else or the someone else you like does not like you and treat you like trash.

It is safer for a man to like a woman than the other way round because if a woman is blinded by love for a man you are bush meat in that mans soup
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by justwise(m): 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2009
candylips:

@poster.

you have made a big mistake . Husbands are very scare to get these days.

You might regret this decision latter on if you don't get someone else or the someone else you like does not like you and treat you like trash.

It is safer for a man to like a woman than the other way round because if a woman is blinded by love for a man you are bush meat in that mans soup

Tell me u are joking right? To marry somebody u don't love? What is marriage then?
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by candylips(m): 3:53pm On Oct 26, 2009
aint joking o. but she might regret the decison sha
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by whitelexi(m): 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2009
candylips:

My thoughts exactly. . . Remember what they say about sticking with someone who loves u, or falling for someone who doesn't give a F.ck?

Tomorrow, the story will change to, "We love ourselves very much but he has been cheating since we had our first baby" grin grin grin
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by justwise(m): 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2009
whitelexi:

My thoughts exactly. . . Remember what they say about sticking with someone who loves u, or falling for someone who doesn't give a F.ck?

Tomorrow, the story will change to, "We love ourselves very much but he has been cheating since we had our first baby" grin grin grin

When it comes to marriage u can't rely on one person's love to carry the marriage, u need to like each other atleast. U can't just marry anybody that says i love u even when u don't have any atom of likeness for that person
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by chic2pimp(m): 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2009
whitelexi:

ROFLMAOWPIMP grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2009
candylips:

Fine if she's not married in 10 years time and she sees the man with his lovely family, she might regret her decision. But does that make it worng? No! She did make the right decision. Regrets or no regrets . .
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by jaybee3(m): 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2009
^^
U r needed
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by facibabe(f): 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2009
some times what you want might not be what God want for you. it is good to marriage a guy that loves you rather than the guy that doesn't love you in which you love him. why is it that people that are fat pray to be slim while people that are slim pray to be fat. only God knows best but i will like you to also pray about it. there is a yoruba proverb which says"don't use your husband as a boyfriend and don't use your boyfriend as a husband. i hope you don't regret it because before you make any decision, you need to pray about it.
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by AniLee(f): 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2009
justwise:

When it comes to marriage u can't rely on one person's love to carry the marriage, u need to like each other atleast. U can't just marry anybody that says i love u even when u don't have any atom of likeness for that person

Amen. For starters, i know we would like to LOVE fully and deeply and not just develop a tolerable like and have a compromising marriage. Well, at least I know that aint my call. May be some people bo whitelexie, candylips have this calling  cheesy
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by jaybee3(m): 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2009
Why don't u like him?
his he fugly?
mediocre in the trouser department
not a member of the billionaire's bois club?
His he temperamental
His he abusive?

What's the problem?
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2009
jay bee:

^^
U r needed

Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by justwise(m): 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2009
Ani Lee:

Amen. For starters, i know we would like to LOVE fully and deeply [b]and not just develop a tolerable like and have a compromising marriage. Well, at least I know that aint my call. May be some people bo whitelexie, candylips have this calling cheesy[/b]

Exactly!! why would anybody wants to put her/him self through that?
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by whitelexi(m): 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2009
chic2pimp:

ROFLMAOWPIMP grin grin grin grin grin

Na true naaaa, tomorrow she will meet someone she feels so much attraction for, dude will easily spot that this chick fancies him, dude will more than likely tag along and say the things she needs to hear until BAM!!! Belle wahala.
Na for that stage the true colors go start to dey flow grin grin grin

Then they come to NL to complain, my man cheated grin
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by Pharoh: 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2009
Today your choice was right but who knows about tomorrow? It will be good if you let us know why you don't like him? Your reasons should at least be weighed with your refusal decision.
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by spikedcylinder: 4:32pm On Oct 26, 2009
How many people love the persons they are married to anyway?
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2009
^^^ yea but marry a guy you feel nothing for? Even after trying? That's hell!
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by redsky1: 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2009
spikedcylinder:

How many people love the persons they are married to anyway?

many of us my dear - many of us
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by spikedcylinder: 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2009
Ujujoan:

^^^ yea but marry a guy you feel nothing for? Even after trying? That's hell!

redsky1:

many of us my dear - many of us

There goes your answer. The figures are better imagined.
Re: Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets by redsky1: 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2009
spikedcylinder:

There goes your answer. The figures are better imagined.

well i don't know of ur own circle of married friends but all te friends i have that are married, married for love. since my parents had a very loving relationship i wouldn't expect anything less in my life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can U Date A Girl That Doesnt Plait Her Hair Dat Barb Her Hair? / 9 Most Ridiculous Sex Myths Of All Time / Have You Ever Fvcked A Nairalander? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.