Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement (9186 Views)

Guyz Wat Do U Tink/say Abt Ladies Wit Six(6) Packs <<pictur>> / My Engagement Ring To Marieolae / Called Of My Engagement And No Regrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 31, 2012
Hi guys, I've been dating my guy for almost 2yrs now n we love each a lot. We r already making marriage plans bt I noticed recently dat he's unhappy and he told me his family went to pray n dey said we r not spiritually compactible. Pls wat do I do am broken!
Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by lifestyle1(m): 11:21pm On May 31, 2012
Princessdoja: Hi guys, I've been dating my guy for almost 2yrs now n we love each a lot. We r already making marriage plans bt I noticed recently dat he's unhappy and he told me his family went to pray n dey said we r not spiritually compactible. Pls wat do I do am broken!

What do you mean you are broken ? undecided

3 Likes

Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by Mynd44: 11:46pm On May 31, 2012
Too bad. But you guy is a stone age guy ooo
Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by 190: 12:07am On Jun 01, 2012
super glue is N20 glue your brokeness undecided

8 Likes

Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by ijebabe: 12:28am On Jun 01, 2012
Spiritually compatible? What does that even mean? Why didn't his family insist on goin to the pastor from the start instead of waiting till its close to the wedding?
Your man has to decide what he's going to do cos if you busy urself with tears and he gets influnced by his family then the marriage is not going to happen. Thats a fact. So you need to talk to him and ask him what he plans to do with this info and if he's still ready to go along with the wedding. I don't know how spiritual you both are but Nigerians take this pastor thing seriously so you need to make up ur mind. If the guy wants to go ahead with the wedding then be prepared to fight for him cos his family will never make it easy for you both. Thats if ur ready to bear the consequence of constant battle with his family even after years later. If there's another pastor you know then also go to him for advice. But it depends on if ur man is ready to fight for you and ur future together! Good luck! X

2 Likes

Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 01, 2012
People usually say 'I broke up...' When they end a relationship. Because 'third parties' put an end to your relationship, is that why you wrote 'I'm broken'?
You better sue your high school english language teacher for a refund! lipsrsealed
BTW, I suspect your 'guy' is the one behind it? undecided

2 Likes

Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by Tashaluv(f): 12:33am On Jun 01, 2012
Poster, Go see ya own pastor n come tell him your pastor said you both are very much compactible.

Shikena!

5 Likes

Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by tellwisdom: 12:59am On Jun 01, 2012
Chaii embarassed embarassed, dis gurl don suffer embarassed embarassed

May ur soul rest in peace undecided
Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by pcicero(m): 1:19am On Jun 01, 2012
tellwisdom: Chaii embarassed embarassed, dis gurl don suffer embarassed embarassed

May ur soul rest in peace undecided

Haba, fellow thou art loose!

@OP: I can understand your pains. Like someone said earlier, why not be sure that your man is not actually behind it and using his folks as smokescreen?
How is he taking the revelation? Have you gone to see any of his folks (mother or father) to hear from them?
Anyway, when things like this happen, what I can only advise is that you move on. Trust me, I know exactly how you feel because I have been there.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by swiftycool(m): 3:29am On Jun 01, 2012
Pls answer this, were u close to his folks? If u are just find a way of asking them what the revelation truly was. In many cases I must admit guys have used this as the final tactic to get away from a girl they are tired of especially if they feel guilty of wasting her time and can't find any other valid reason to break up with her.

Am not totally saying this is your case but just probe it, if am right, leave the crafty baggar, he's not worth u!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by Roland17(m): 3:50am On Jun 01, 2012
An easy route to dissuade their son from getting married to you, especially if he is not independent minded and gullible.
Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by Ranoscky(m): 4:03am On Jun 01, 2012
190: super glue is N20 glue your brokeness undecided
I dey tel u!
Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by Ranoscky(m): 4:05am On Jun 01, 2012
Mynd_44: Too bad. But you guy is a stone age guy ooo
Am tellin u, honestly!
Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by Mynd44: 6:56am On Jun 01, 2012
Why not discuss this with your BF? I doubt at this age that guys still believe in that bullisht
Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 01, 2012
Tashaluv: Poster, Go see ya own pastor n come tell him your pastor said you both are very much compactible.

Shikena!

Gbam!!
Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by Dyt(f): 8:56am On Jun 01, 2012
awwww so sorry
dats d end of d relationship
u simply cant do anyth abt it
i pray u recover soon
cry cry cry
Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by pcicero(m): 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2012
Dyt: awwww so sorry
dats d end of d relationship
u simply cant do anyth abt it
i pray u recover soon
cry cry cry

Sad truth
Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by Nasri100(m): 12:44pm On Jun 01, 2012
Awww sorry tell them you guys are Mentally Compatible" #justsaying
Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by miteolu(m): 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2012
The same happened to me three years ago but I thank God I am married to another person just last month. Even the lady that broke my heart is yet to marry all because of this spirikoko (too spiritual) issue. Never mind, leave him now because if you continue with the marriage it will be serious. Just move on as I did, I thank God today that I am happily married.

1 Like

Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 01, 2012
Bunch of confused people. 4get that relationship and run, when they will wake up from their stupid dream of extremism, it's gonna be late. Yeye nonsense
Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by freshmoney(m): 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2012
Princessdoja: Hi guys, I've been dating my guy for almost 2yrs now n we love each a lot. We r already making marriage plans bt I noticed recently dat he's unhappy and he told me his family went to pray n dey said we r not spiritually compactible. Pls wat do I do am broken!

This is what happens when you lay your essential lives on spirituality. How can someone foresee my life for me? Has he foreseen his? Listen, the guy could be looking for a cheap default to sideline you. If you are not yet 27, you can continue searching, but if you are 27 and above, you would need to convince him for a logical, non-spiritual marriage consultation. Or by the way, look for a good atheist to tie the nuptial knot with. There are lots of them out there, and they don't give a darn about a fcking spirituality.

1 Like

Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by bisi16(m): 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2012
@op, Am guessing its a white garment church, SMH. No disrespect to "white garmenters" here o! It took my sis 8yrs to convince her inlaws, if u feel he's worth it d wait, hang on and pray. Otherwise, move on.
Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by megareal: 1:02pm On Jun 01, 2012
Awwwww, someone is trying to wriggle out here. Firstly do your own spiritual investigation. If your findings tally, just move on, dont force it. You may be saving yourself lots of tears in the future. Sometimes when you hear families fronting such excuses, it simply means you may be spiritually stronger than they can handle esp if their child is in their bondage because knowingly or not you have been destabilising them. Wouldnt end well if you hang on. Wishing you get over it soon.

1 Like

Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by JahMan1: 1:05pm On Jun 01, 2012
Cele or Cherubim & Seraphim gurl wan wed a Deeper Life guy.
How dem no go tell u spiritual compatibility?
Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by snthesis(m): 1:08pm On Jun 01, 2012
@OP
thanks, i got another way to breakup- u r such a life saver grin grin grin grin grin tongue

3 Likes

Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
megareal: Awwwww, someone is trying to wriggle out here. Firstly do your own spiritual investigation. If your findings tally, just move on, dont force it. You may be saving yourself lots of tears in the future. Sometimes when you hear families fronting such excuses, it simply means you may be spiritually stronger than they can handle esp if their child is in their bondage because knowingly or not you have been destabilising them. Wouldnt end well if you hang on. Wishing you get over it soon.
And what's wrong if he's trying to wriggle out? let's say he was angry
Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by Idango(m): 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2012
@ Poster
you did not tell us the level of your incompatibility, are you christian and he is moslem or vis versa, is it denomination difference. What is the incompatibility all about?

1 Like

Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 01, 2012
OP
Don't sweat it, he wants to leave..
U can't force him to stay, else he'll hurt u in d future.
Let him go..

1 Like

Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by compressor(m): 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2012
My dear,its a real problem you have on your hands and it can potentially ruin your the relationship. I did have the same experience when i wanted to marry my former fiancee when her mum insisted that we were not spiritually compatible even though we 'loved' eachother then i began to notioce some strains in the relationship as my fiancee found it had picking my calls and started making excuses for seeing me.Well,as a sharp naija guy i took the bull by the horn and cancelled some stuffs i ordered for her and moved ahead with my life which is one of the best decision i have made so far in my life. Actually,i am never the suspicious type but i had a strong feeling that the babe was seeing someone else cause she started hiding her phone from me and recieving strange calls also refusing to sleep over at my house.She is the first born of her family and told me on several occasion that she can never go against her parents wishes when it comes to the issue of marriage.
So my dear poster,do read the handwriting on the wall and move on.

1 Like

Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by honeric01(m): 1:33pm On Jun 01, 2012
This is why i still have the thought about "sex before marriage being bad and not in favor of the ladies". @OP, has he entered the promised land? if not, then you should cry less, but if yes, then he got what he wanted and felt you have nothing else to offer.

UP your game, add value to your life and any guy lucky enough to get your attention won't screw you over again.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by BluStreak(m): 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2012
careytommy: People usually say 'I broke up...' When they end a relationship. Because 'third parties' put an end to your relationship, is that why you wrote 'I'm broken'?
You better sue your high school english language teacher for a refund! lipsrsealed
BTW, I suspect your 'guy' is the one behind it? undecided

Nairaland I-Too-Know kids. See as you just shot yourself on the foot. You should be the one suing your high school teacher for not preparing you well enough for the intellectual world you are going to be wading through in the pursuit of life. The sentence "I'm broken" couldn't have been more correct. I will not dissect for you. Do your research, correct yourself and come back to apologize to OP.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Broken Wat Do I Do, Its Few Months To My Engagement by ifeci: 1:43pm On Jun 01, 2012
Did they or the or the pastor go to the spirit world to confirm this? people practicing the same thing the Bible condemns "do not consult the spirit of the dead" or how else would they have known? pls stop leaving ur lives in the hands of ur pastor! live ur life and read the Bible urslf! they will keep on deceiving and depriving you because of their selfish greed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Martha Kay ‘PUS.SY’ Being Released In Series (more PUS.SY Pics Leaks ONLINE) / Can You Cheat On Your Girlfriend Because Of This Busty Lady? (photos) / My Neighborhood Ladies Are Stalking And Disturbing Me Now!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.