Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries (21581 Views)

What Is The Importance Of The Empty Tomb Of Jesus? / Why Did The Guards At Tomb Of Jesus Take Money To Lie? / Jesus Christ's Tomb Opened For First Time In 500 Years - See What Is Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by analice107: 8:47am On Oct 28, 2016
Sarassin:
For more than 300 years Christians happily visited the empty tomb on the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem, we know this from the writings of the Christian historian Eusebius;

Believers in Jesus all congregate from all parts of the world....that they may worship at the Mount of Olives opposite the city....to the cave that is shown there.” (Eusebius, Proof of the Gospel, Bk. VI. ch. 18).

In addition, from the Gospel writer Luke we know that Calvary was located on the Mount of Olives overlooking Jerusalem (Luke 23:33) and the empty tomb was nearby.

However, in the year 326, Constantine sent his mother Helena to Jerusalem to discover the spot that he had foreseen as the place of Jesus' Resurrection. Constantine's mother "discovered" the site upon finding three crosses that had supposedly not deteriorated after more than three hundred years.

It turned out this was the site of the temple of Venus on the western side of Jerusalem. Constantine ordered the temple torn down and a church constructed on the site. This is called the church of the "Holy" Sepulchre to this day. Curiously we know that when the Romans finally conquered Jerusalem in 135 A.D., as an insult to the Jews, they built a Temple of Venus over a monument to the Jewish freedom fighter named John Hyrcanus.

This "gloomy shrine of lifeless idols", according to Eusebius was the site which Constantine later chose to build his Church of the "Holy" Sepulchre: (Life of Constantine, chapter 26).
I always like to read from you because you are always objective. Thanks for this info. My Joy is that, there was a Jesus of Nazareth, he died in Jerusalem, was buried somewhere there, he resurrected.
The location of his burial site is of little import to me.
Once again, thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Rilwayne001: 8:50am On Oct 28, 2016
4everGod:

The truth in this thread vexed you so much so that you had to begin your first comment with an insult?

Lol, it appears you have this delusion that whenever a Muslim comment out of vexation on a Christian related thread. So calling him what he is now means that I'm angry with this thread?

You have a problem bro.. It's evident undecided

By the way Kind Abdullah of Jordan which is a 90% islamic nation is donating millions of dollars towards the restoration. .Does that also mean he is mocking it or he is now an infidel?lmao

Again, how does this prove that Jesus was indeed buried in that tomb?
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 28, 2016
Edenoscar:

i kinda notice you're in the habit of calling anyone a kid,even if you're over 100yrs old its not cool

Well when I observe truthfully that one is a kid I address them as one. He has a history on NL and has been parading as who he is not. He is a kid who shares video games with fellow kids period. Abi NL history dey lie?

1 Like

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 28, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Lol, it appears you have this delusion that whenever a Muslim comment out of vexation on a Christian related thread. So calling him what he is now means that I'm angry with this thread?

You have a problem bro.. It's evident undecided

Again, how does this prove that Jesus was indeed buried in that tomb?

Thank you for admitting that this thread vexed you as a musim...lol bye
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Rilwayne001: 8:54am On Oct 28, 2016
4everGod:

By the way Kind Abdullah of Jordan which is a 90% islamic nation is donating millions of dollars towards the restoration. .Does that also mean he is mocking it or he is now an infidel?

Who cares whatever he does with his money? Lol, so because Buhari felicitate with Christians on Easter day and quoting in his speech that Christ died for his sins—that automatically makes him a believer of that quote?

You need to stop acting like a kid sad grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by jonbellion(m): 8:54am On Oct 28, 2016
4everGod:

meme do not emphasise Agnoticism so stop posting them.

I have told u the train has left the station so keep on marching around with your agnostic placard like its supposed to get some approval rating.
whatever man. Like Christianity ever had a train. You came to the station of Judaism and you are now trying to claim it from them. You better go and sleep on the station chair
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Rilwayne001: 8:56am On Oct 28, 2016
4everGod:

Thank you for admitting that this thread vexed you as a musim...lol bye

How does this thread prove that Jesus was indeed buried in that tomb?

Hopefully, you won't evade this^^ for the third time grin grin
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by analice107: 8:56am On Oct 28, 2016
promise10:

Here he goes again!

This is what happens when an average atheist comes through something that doesn't align to his belief.

Please, put forward your own version of truth!
I find it very funny how we magnify these kids and call them atheists. they hardly even know what atheism is. Most of them are hardly out of secondary school yet they know enough to insult God.

Possessed Children of native doctors.

1 Like

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Edenoscar(m): 8:56am On Oct 28, 2016
analice107:

Who cares if anyone believes that Jesus died or not?
if you dont care then why do you preach it
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 28, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Who cares whatever he does with his money? Lol, so because Buhari felicitate with Christians on Easter day and quiting in his speech that Christ died for his sins, that automatically makes him a believer of that quote?

You need to stop acting like a kid sad grin

Abeg don't derail this noble thread as you know how to do so well. If the matter vex you oya show us where dem bury muhammad if his bones have disappeared...But open a new thread for that....This thread embraces muslims, atheists and every other unbeliever as this is Jesus calling out to you lot saying , I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE..NO MAN COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME.

will you come to Jesus?

2 Likes

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by analice107: 8:57am On Oct 28, 2016
felixomor1:

Just leave that one, The guy is still observing puberty.
True, still indeed observing puberty.

1 Like

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Rilwayne001: 8:59am On Oct 28, 2016
4everGod:

Abeg don't derail this noble thread as you know how to do so well. If the matter vex you oya show us where dem bury muhammad if his bones have disappeared...But open a new thread for that....This thread embraces muslims, atheists and every other unbeliever as this is Jesus calling out to you lot saying , I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE..NO MAN COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME.

will you come to Jesus?

Okay, i won't derail the thread with that question. Now please answer the question in my previous post, atleast, it's in line with the thread?
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Edenoscar(m): 9:00am On Oct 28, 2016
analice107:

I find it very funny how we magnify these kids and call them atheists. they hardly even know what atheism is. Most of them are hardly out of secondary school yet they know enough to insult God.

so all atheist are now kid because they challenged the lies that were taught to them from childhood

1 Like

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by analice107: 9:01am On Oct 28, 2016
4everGod:

Mr video game playing kid I see you lack the understanding of what his death (judgement) and his resurrection (justification) was for and why he had to rise again and not remain dead...

Again I ask..why seek ye the livng among the dead. Go back your video games as this right here is not a game you can download and play for kids.
hahahahahahahahaha. Taking the kid to the cleaners.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 28, 2016
jonbellion:
are you for real You guys still believe the shroud of Turin was jesus' burial cloth even though it has been proven to be a forgery with carbon dating eons ago.
Which christians hoped for the shroud of Turin to be that of Jesus Christ? Stop peddling falsehood. But you believed there was something like a shroud of Turin? Were you there when they found it or was it your pet project?
Do you realise there is no significant archeological evidence that the Israelites ever been slaves in Egypt. This is odd because the Egyptians are excellent record keepers so I dunno what the Bleep your saying just just king Hezekiah existed doesn't make all the biblical claims true .
You better learn manners on how to speak to grown ups. Isn't it early to start swearing at your device? and stick to the topic - the tomb of Jesus Christ. Maybe you should start a topic on Israelites and slavery in Egypt.
Jesus was a "direct" descendant of King David through the male line.[ Obviously, if Jesus had no human father, he couldn't have been a biological descendant of King David through the male line so FAIL There is archeological evidence that zombies walked the earth after yeshuas death...Please tell me more. Abeg when jesus told his parents I'm in my fathers house was he in the church or the synagogue? There is archeological and scientific evidence jesus flew to heaven Please tell me more. There's archeological evidence the tower of babel passed the five layers of the atmosphere??I had no idea heaven was in this dimension. Yet the tower of Babel was reaching heaven. Lmao Please tell me more?? I had no idea heaven was in the sky. I thought it was not in this dimension. Yet jesus' "flew" to heaven rather than disappearing Lmao. jesus told his disciples that some of them standing there would not taste death till they se the son of man coming.
Ray comfort matt slick and his fellow christian apologist pals whisk this obviously failed prophecy of his return by saying he was talking about the transfiguration. Yet the transfiguration was after he made the statement in Mathew but before he made the statement in the other synoptic gospels. Woow the bible is really confused oo. Jesus told the high priest he would see him coming in the clouds. Wooow . Jesus said this generation would not pass away and christian apologists say he is talking about our generation. If he really was he would have said it in a future tense but he did not. Peter helped the early christians out in their disappointment by saying a thousand years is like a day before God. But yet you guys believe the earth was created in 7 days woooooow. The annoying thing about christian apologetics is that they don't then agree on the same thing. Don't you thing God should be revealing to them the same answer. Anyway don't worry jesus is coming
In the clouds. All eyes would see him even though we are in a spherical earth. He is also coming on a horse too. Most anthropologists end up being agnostic. The Jews rejected him for obvious reasons and you people turned him into something he's not. He was a great guy he said cool things on pacifism. You people now made a religion out of the man The civilisation of Syria is older than creation week anyway jesus is coming back oo don't worry grin
Utter waste of space, no need. You ask questions that are not new but you are scared of the outcome, if you find out for yourself, that you would become a believer but as is apparent you have convinced yourself that there was no Jesus at all.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 28, 2016
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin My belle o grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
analice107:

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Edenoscar(m): 9:03am On Oct 28, 2016
How do i know it is really jesus christ buried in that tomb,that is the question you guys have failed to answer
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 28, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Okay, i won't derail the thread with that question. Now please answer the question in my previous post, atleast, it's in line with the thread?

Your answer lies in a question.

Your believe Muhammed was buried in Medinna and he died right?

Why do you believe this and how sure are u that his tomb holds his bones?

if you can answer this then you do not need to ask Christian believer the question you just did.

1 Like

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 28, 2016
Edenoscar:
How do i know it is really jesus christ buried in that tomb,that is the question you guys have failed to answer

And if it is what will you do with the info?
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by analice107: 9:07am On Oct 28, 2016
dalaman:

Hope you know that there are two different tombs of Jesus in Jerusalem that christians visit? This one in question was chosen by the mother of Constantine like 300 years after the death of Jesus. How can she know the right tomb 300 years later?
Dalaman. There was a tomb where Jesus was laid. That is what matters, period.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Edenoscar(m): 9:10am On Oct 28, 2016
4everGod:

And if it is what will you do with the info?
for a start i will believe he existed
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by realmindz: 9:11am On Oct 28, 2016
analice107:

Period!!! no further questions pls

believe it if you like, a tomb is a tomb grin
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 28, 2016
Edenoscar:

for a start i will believe he existed

Then you do not need the info if that is all it means to you.

Believing he was buried there is not a ticket to Salvation. Accepting Him as your Lord and Saviour should be your focus.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by tintingz(m): 9:13am On Oct 28, 2016
Access to the tomb may also help researchers learn about what prompted [size=14pt]Helena, the mother of the Roman emperor Constantine, to identify the site as Christ's tomb.[/size]
Lol, You don't expect me to believe that was the tomb Jesus was buried after the above claim.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by analice107: 9:14am On Oct 28, 2016
raphieMontella:

well said..
Jesus himself was a practising jew..
Practised judaism..
Likewise his parents..
But He lived, died and resurrected.

Why am i even saying this? Whether you believe or not is of no import.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 28, 2016
analice107:

Oh yes the tomb isnt our salvation...His resurrection is. Thats why I keep asking , WHY DO THEY SEEK THE LIVING AMONG THE DEAD?
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 28, 2016
smiley I am delighted you are gradually coming to the truth. Atheists usually argue 'why do I have to believe first?' but as with the meaning of believe, factors aid belief like history facts. Don't worry, look for those answers yourself and try not to pay attention to your conscience while at it.
You can start your search with 'Where is the body/remains/fossil of Jesus?'
Only someone who chooses not to search/seek that would remain an atheist.
Edenoscar:
I have no problem if jesus ever existed infact i dont even argue it,he could i existed for all i care but when you bring out craps like virgin birth,ressurection from the dead,feeding 5000 people with food barely enough to feed 2 average adult, ascension into heaven without any apparatus (even mohammed ridding a flying horse is more plausible) you will agree with me that it will take more than a few bible verses to convince a skeptic
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Rilwayne001: 9:14am On Oct 28, 2016
Very good evasion. Never knew you are this good at evading question. Whether or not Muhammad was buried in the tomb in Medina doesnt matter. We are not hell bent on proving it to anybody that he was indeed buried in the tomb in Medina. But it appears with the way you and your fellows are hell bent on telling us that Jesus was buried in a tomb 2000 years after is death gave the suspicion that something is fishy. Truth doesn't need much talks to validate them. If this tomb of Jesus is truly what it is then there should be no noise about it. But here you are, trying to force it on us grin grin YORUBA will say " Eni je FUFU lara nfu.." you should understand what this mean since you are a Yoruba as well.

Sorry but we will pass, unless you show us prove that Jesus was indeed buried here. Are you going to do that or you still going to be attacking straw about where Muhammad was buried?

4everGod:

Your answer lies in a question.

Your believe Muhammed was buried in Medinna and he died right?

Why do you believe this and how sure are u that his tomb holds his bones?

if you can answer this then you do not need to ask Christian believer the question you just did.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by analice107: 9:15am On Oct 28, 2016
GRIMMJOE:
grin ,,,you have been bursted, go hide in your shell
No wonder. Now i know why...

1 Like

Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 28, 2016
Rilwayne001:
Very good evasion. Never knew you are this good at evading question. Whether or not Muhammad was buried in the tomb in Medina does matter. We are not hell bent on proving it to anybody that he was indeed buried in the tomb in Medina. But it appears with the way you are your fellows are hell bent on telling us that Jesus was buried in a tomb 2000 years after is death gave the suspicion that something is fishy. Truth doesn't need much talks to validate them. If this tomb of Jesus is truly what it is then there should be no noise about it. But here you are, trying to force it on us grin grin YORUBA will say " Eni je FUFU lara nfu.." you should understand what this mean since you are a Yoruba as well.

Sorry but we will pass, unless you show us prove that Jesus was indeed buried here. Are you going to do that or you still going to be attacking straw about where Muhammad was buried?

Who cares what u believe and who has time to show you proof. Will the proof change your position as a muslim and an idolater?

Abeg don't derail this thread.
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by analice107: 9:17am On Oct 28, 2016
Rilwayne001:

Illiterate, how does this confirm that Jesus was buried really in this tomb?
And how can you confirm that allah actually spoke to False Prophet muhammed when he never spoke to anyone else before and after Muhammed?
Re: Tomb Of Christ Opened For The First Time In Centuries by Rilwayne001: 9:18am On Oct 28, 2016
I have a thread to open on this crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus.

Time to start preparing it wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Difference Between Christmas And Xmas / Defend Catholic Teachings Here / Anglican Church Members Protest Against Their Bishop In Delta For Looting (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.