Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,399 members, 7,836,606 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship (3352 Views)

Girls, Have You Done Anything To Impress A Guy? / 10 Categories Of Guys That Don't Deserve Virgins As Wives / Lady Visits A Guy At His Hostel, Crowd Of Guys Wait Outside To HAIL HIM (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by OLAJADON: 9:29pm On Oct 27, 2016
Have dated quite a number of girls(also have friends that have experienced the same) and I noticed this trait among females generally, they are fond of expecting the guy to always be the one to be calling always when you try to ask why they don't call, they give reason like they out of card or any lame reason
It a relationship not a death sentence, I think the love should be equal between male and female... You know we guys also want to be appreciated.
So guys in the house what your say on these?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2016
I hate when I call my boo and ignoring my call undecided
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2016
My dear especially Nigerian girls. Their brains seem to be wired with same cable.

For sometime now a female whatsapp friend of mine(we've never met b4) told me how she's been liking and having facial contact with a guy but d guy isn't making any advancement. So I encouraged her to be bold and talk to him respectfully, he should be mature enough to understand. So she went to meet him yesterday. She said she was under tension Bcus she's so damn scared of rejection. In my mind I said "hmm now u know how guys feel when they walk up to a girl they like so much and all she says with her blatant mouth is 'I'm not interested".

But she was lucky d guy is mature and accepted her friendship. But to my surprise when I asked today that how is your flow with your new found guy? She said "l purposely refused to see him or call him today and didnt pick his calls so that he'll miss me". And I was like WHAT! Someone u just met yesterday... Don't you think its too early for emotional frustrations

So this is my conclusion.... Anything that has to do with giving... Whether gifts, love, complements, feelings, women have no understanding about it. But they know everythimg about receiving money, gifts, complements, feelings etc. They are always on the receiving side not on the giving side. And if they ever be on d giving side for once, they'll demand for so much in return like it was never free just like this lady I described... Demanding for attention just in less than 24hrz after expressing a feeling to someone

What a life!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 27, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Hope you consider how he feels when u do same to him. Turning down d advances of someone else breeds a deep feeling of rejection and thats what you girls enjoy doing
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by NevetsIbot(m): 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2016
TrapQueen77:

did anyone ask you?
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by ndcide(m): 10:17pm On Oct 27, 2016
I've always dump ladies who don't reciprocate. Maybe because I'm not the emotional type. I remember spending thousands of naira calling a lady, when I evaluated the thing, I stopped. I remember going on outing with a lady, even when we got to our various homes, I had to be the one to call. I was like, we went on an outing, expense on me. i ensured you got home, then I left for my home and still had to be the first to call. Not even a thank you call. in fact, the thank you came when I called .

I say no be jazz. Dumped her like a bad habit shap shap.

No time. for wasted efforts.

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by donbenedict(m): 10:44pm On Oct 27, 2016
ndcide:
I've always dump ladies who don't reciprocate. Maybe because I'm not the emotional type. I remember spending thousands of naira calling a lady, when I evaluated the thing, I stopped. I remember going on outing with a lady, even when we got to our various homes, I had to be the one to call. I was like, we went on an outing, expense on me. i ensured you got home, then I left for my home and still had to be the first to call. Not even a thank you call. in fact, the thank you came when I called .

grin she didn't feel you... it's just like a job interview. When you don't wow your interviewers, they won't give u any feedback. Normally, a lady who enjoyed a date is supposed to call to appreciate the nice time they both spent together.

But that's by the way.

I like what you did tho. No time disturbing oneself over nothing. I rather give a poor man 5000 naira, dan go on a date that doesn't lead anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by Akinlekanwr(m): 11:45pm On Oct 27, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:
My dear especially Nigerian girls. Their brains seem to be wired with same cable.
For sometime now a female whatsapp friend of mine(we've never met b4) told me how she's been liking and having facial contact with a guy but d guy isn't making any advancement. So I encouraged her to be bold and talk to him respectfully, he should be mature enough to understand. So she went to meet him yesterday. She said she was under tension Bcus she's so damn scared of rejection. In my mind I said "hmm now u know how guys feel when they walk up to a girl they like so much and all she says with her blatant mouth is 'I'm not interested".
But she was lucky d guy is mature and accepted her friendship. But to my surprise when I asked today that how is your flow with your new found guy? She said "l purposely refused to see him or call him today and didnt pick his calls so that he'll miss me". And I was like WHAT! Someone u just met yesterday... Don't you think its too early for emotional frustrations
So this is my conclusion.... Anything that has to do with giving... Whether gifts, love, complements, feelings, women have no understanding about it. But they know everythimg about receiving money, gifts, complements, feelings etc. They are always on the receiving side not on the giving side. And if they ever be on d giving side for once, they'll demand for so much in return like it was never free just like this lady I described... Demanding for attention just in less than 24hrz after expressing a feeling to someone
What a life!
RadicallyBlunt:
What a life!
I'm the guy you're talking about
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by teepsee(f): 11:57pm On Oct 27, 2016
That means that girl really don't love you or she is simply immature to think holding up will make the guy miss you. It will make him to look for attention elsewhere.

My bae calls me more than i do call her, and sometimes it makes me feel ashamed.
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by Rexhenrex(m): 11:58pm On Oct 27, 2016
Its because they feel they are too fine na....bae hardly calls upon i call atleast every evening worst of all she walked up to me,as if thats not enough she will see me online and wait for me to msg first if i msg then we will chat if i don't then we won't, after a month i calculated the whole thing mehn i just made her a side chick when ever am bored i just remember her.....the main one can call and it shows she care,ladies call ur b.f or someone else will do it for u.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by Raydos: 12:24am On Oct 28, 2016
Nigerian girls are pompous!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by OLAJADON: 3:33am On Oct 28, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

What a life!
Ummmm, same experience with one of my friend.
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by OLAJADON: 3:34am On Oct 28, 2016
ndcide:

Lolz
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by OLAJADON: 3:40am On Oct 28, 2016
TrapQueen77:

But you know that you ladies are fond of this act more than guys?
Quite a number of you believe that a guy should worship you, when he does not call you everyday, then he does not love you. This was the reason I decided never to call a girl yesterday, have called her like 50 times all she does is flashing what kind of attitude is that?
Moreover my father is not the owner of go, and it a relationship, it suppose to be a give and take thing, love is suppose to be shared equally

1 Like

Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by OLAJADON: 3:46am On Oct 28, 2016
Rexhenrex:
Its because they feel they are too fine na....bae hardly calls upon i call atleast every evening worst of all she walked up to me,as if thats not enough she will see me online and wait for me to msg first if i msg then we will chat if i don't then we won't, after a month i calculated the whole thing mehn i just made her a side chick when ever am bored i just remember her.....the main one can call and it shows she care,ladies call ur b.f or someone else will do it for u.
Exactly, have dumped quite a number of girls because of this simple act, they have this mentality that a guy should always be the one worshipping them
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by Nobody: 3:52am On Oct 28, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

Hope you consider how he feels when u do same to him. Turning down d advances of someone else breeds a deep feeling of rejection and thats what you girls enjoy doing

if i can't answer his call, i will see to it tat i send him txt msg that i call back as soon I'm done with my work…whereas some men, we see them 24/7 online but can't reply msg for once whats up on their side undecided
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by Nobody: 3:58am On Oct 28, 2016
OLAJADON:

But you know that you ladies are fond of this act more than guys?
Quite a number of you believe that a guy should worship you, when he does not call you everyday, then he does not love you. This was the reason I decided never to call a girl yesterday, have called her like 50 times all she does is flashing what kind of attitude is that?
Moreover my father is not the owner of go, and it a relationship, it suppose to be a give and take thing, love is suppose to be shared equally

same with the men….i believe that theres no relationship if theres no communication…some men out there are playing hard to get as well…i once dated a man who likes me to call him all the time…and when he is mad of something, he will pour his anger on me, screaming on the phone and cut the call for no reason... undecided
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by firstking01(m): 5:35am On Oct 28, 2016
Wtf, how come i'm not seeing any one of them on this threadundecided...it shows they are guilty.
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by LorDBolton(m): 6:57am On Oct 28, 2016
Well that's for dudes who put women on pedastals sha.

Even when wooing I rarely chat-up or call, especially when there's nothing to say.

Why will I call when all I wanna ask is 'how was ur night'? Or how was ur day?

Equally hate babes calling on some 'I just wanted to hear ur voice shit' like serzly??

Don't call me unless u got an information to pass across or a request to make...

It's ur friend/family members bday, you not feeling too hot, you just missed your period shocked :oyou thinking of coming over, confused on what to choose btw two biz/career/edu alternatives etc

Not baby I miss u calls angry sad sad
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 28, 2016
I call freely... Just hate it when I call at d wrong time. Who would I call with my airtime if not my bar and family
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by ndcide(m): 8:26am On Oct 28, 2016
LorDBolton:
Well that's for dudes who put women on pedastals sha.

Even when wooing I rarely chat-up or call, especially when there's nothing to say.

Why will I call when all I wanna ask is 'how was ur night'? Or how was ur day?

Equally hate babes calling on some 'I just wanted to hear ur voice shit' like serzly??

Don't call me unless u got an information to pass across or a request to make...

It's ur friend/family members bday, you not feeling too hot, you just missed your period shocked :oyou thinking of coming over, confused on what to choose btw two biz/career/edu alternatives etc

Not baby I miss u calls angry sad sad

This is also wrong. Communication shouldn't be all about passing information or making request. Sometimes you interact and build rapport. It's in there you discover very important things about the other person.

I call my family members, not because I have information to pass or request to make. We talk to be close at heart.

Affection is about having positive interest in the minute things of the other persons life. So a lady / guy who wants to bring the other persons into his/her world must be lavish with communication.

Anyone who is proud or selfish about investing in communication is a turn-off
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by mysticgal(f): 8:30am On Oct 28, 2016
What's so hard about calling your boo kwanu.... Nawa oh undecided
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by OLAJADON: 8:49am On Oct 28, 2016
TrapQueen77:

same with the men….i believe that theres no relationship if theres no communication…some men out there are playing hard to get as well…i once dated a man who likes me to call him all the time…and when he is mad of something, he will pour his anger on me, screaming on the phone and cut the call for no reason... undecided
A man that act like that is immature. I know it is expected of a man to call a Lady but situation whereby she doesn't even call or care, the relationship start been a burden on the other partner. That the point am trying to prove.
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by LorDBolton(m): 9:50am On Oct 28, 2016
ndcide:

This is also wrong. Communication shouldn't be all about passing information or making request. Sometimes you interact and build rapport. It's in there you discover very important things about the other person.

I call my family members, not because I have information to pass or request to make. We talk to be close at heart.

Affection is about having positive interest in the minute things of the other persons life. So a lady / guy who wants to bring the other persons into his/her world must be lavish with communication.

Anyone who is proud or selfish about investing in communication is a turn-off

Bros I'm referring to BF/GF not family.

Call when there's something meaningful to say not irrelevant 'fulfil all righteousness' calls.

I abhor these kinda talk & that's why I did not & cannot do night calls back then & now sef you're not discovering anything na just gist

My ideal convo on phone goes thus
[phone rings]
Me: hello
GF: morning(i dislike pet names) , how'd ur night go
Me: fine, yours?
GF: fine I guess, just a little tensed up about today's test/exam/interview/presentation etc
Me: why? You're prolly the smartest person I know
Gf: hmmm
Me: you doubt? (strts reassuring yarns)
Convo ends with me psyching her up, wish her goodluck n lemme know how It goes.

Bottom line: calling to check up or hear voice or whatever irrelevant gist is for insecure folks, if u trust ur man/woman, if u got a life (that keeps u occupied ), if you're not bored, if you don't feel obligated to call such things won't matter to you thus when ya'll have these 'irrelevant talk convo' once-in-a-while it actually makes sense & ya'll REALLY enjoy the gist

I've met couples who call eachother 2-3 times daily & i've noticed sometimes they're not enthused when they see the call cos it's now a 'routine'.

I'm a very lively person, never a dull moment with me during hangouts... but I'd like to think she didn't dial my number/waiting for my call just to reassure herself her BF still loves her.

If u watch house of cards you'll know the kinda man I am & the type of woman I like.
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by Omonigeriarere: 11:38am On Oct 28, 2016
OLAJADON:
Have dated quite a number of girls(also have friends that have experienced the same) and I noticed this trait among females generally, they are fond of expecting the guy to always be the one to be calling always when you try to ask why they don't call, they give reason like they out of card or any lame reason
It a relationship not a death sentence, I think the love should be equal between male and female... You know we guys also want to be appreciated.
So guys in the house what your say on these?

I doubt it if you have really met the love of your life: she will even call you as if she dey work with MTN. Another point to note is that if you are too predictable, you will loose your value in the face of ladies.

God bless my bae.
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by Omonigeriarere: 11:41am On Oct 28, 2016
TrapQueen77:

And the irony of it is that ladies hardly appreciate nice guys. In fact, such action will make you to be loving/thinking about him more.
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by Raina80(f): 11:48am On Oct 28, 2016
Many women forget that men are humans too, they feel the same level of anxieties and apprehensions just as women. We all have the same heart and have the same blood that flows in our veins. As for ignoring calls and not texting because you want a man to miss you more? Singlehood is calling
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by OLAJADON: 11:51am On Oct 28, 2016
Omonigeriarere:

I doubt it if you have really met the love of your life: she will even call you as if she dey work with MTN. Another point to note is that if you are too predictable, you will loose your value in the face of ladies.

God bless my bae.
Noted
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by Rexhenrex(m): 6:01pm On Oct 28, 2016
OLAJADON:

Exactly, have dumped quite a number of girls because of this simple act, they have this mentality that a guy should always be the one worshipping them
haha...you know right i can't be constantly calling and texting a girl caise she looks good i look good too ....lol
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by OLAJADON: 6:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
Rexhenrex:
haha...you know right i can't be constantly calling and texting a girl caise she looks good i look good too ....lol
Na so bro
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by olac21(m): 8:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
TrapQueen77:

Do you have problem with comprehension?
Re: Why Do Girls Have Mentality Of Guys Calling First In A Relationship by drsugar: 8:51pm On Oct 28, 2016
Different strokes for different folks. All these na theory. No hard and fast rule about calling. Some days you call more than 5 times, some whole weeks just about 3 times only. It depends. Content also varies. Some you talk about life, some about filthy things, some about godly stuff and at times 'just to check on ya' cliché . It all depends.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Ikoyi Marriage Registry? / So Touching: First Class Nigerian Student And Only Son Publicly Admits He Is Gay / After God, Fear Woman!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.