Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

D - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (10909 Views)

If Adam And Eve Were First Humans How Did Other Races Come About / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! / The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by jonbellion(m): 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
DNA is really fascinating. But the problem is that it disproves a literal Adam and eve. Genetic data shows no evidence of any human bottleneck as small as two people

1 Like

Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Comparing the complexity of a snowflake with the DNA is the height of intellectual buffoonery. There is even no intellect here to begin with. Such a doofus. You really need an education. So if the DNA was intelligently designed (How can it not be?) the next logical question to you is who created the designer? embarassed embarassed cry cry Some of you are not even worth a byte of data.

Choi ! Ewo !

2 Likes

Re: D by Image123(m): 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lennycool:

And the proof of evolution is you

Lol, how can one person be proof of evolution? Haba, evolution theory is in itself a long and slow process of development. You need stuff like teeth found in caves or shit stored in ice in the Artic since a billion years ago to talk about your kind of evolution. When we talk of something evolving or changing, that's different and everyone knows that. Even growth is some form of evolution in this sense. But in the sense that you refer which i know, the sense of coming from monkeys over some million years, that is highest form of crap ever imagined by contemporary man. It remains an unprovable THEORY about the differences in plants and animals. You need artists and people high on weed to reconstruct all the rubbish about finding a teeth in the jungle and telling us the name is homo blablanonsense and that it is your father. That takes a lot of faith, i'm okay with my faith as small as mustard seed.
When i say you are a proof of God's existence, i do not say it to mock you or irk you. i say it with sense and purpose. You are a human being too complex to have being a product of chance, soup and blasts. i say it because you fit in perfectly to your description and behaviour as stated by "God". Like for instance, some people do not believe in HYIPs and MLMs but there are folks who believe in it, usually because they have gotten what was promised them, as it were. No amount of warning deconvinces them. In a similar way, i see you tally very well with God's Word concerning you, so i am sensing that He's got real points, i believe Him. You are proving what He said, you are a proof of Him. Hope that is not too complex for you. i try to break it down and make it as crude as possible so you can get it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: D by TomHagen: 6:55pm On Oct 28, 2016
Image123:

Lol, how can one person be proof of evolution? Haba, evolution theory is in itself a long and slow process of development. You need stuff like teeth found in caves or shit stored in ice in the Artic since a billion years ago to talk about your kind of evolution. When we talk of something evolving or changing, that's different and everyone knows that. Even growth is some form of evolution in this sense. But in the sense that you refer which i know, the sense of coming from monkeys over some million years, that is highest form of crap ever imagined by contemporary man. It remains an unprovable THEORY about the differences in plants and animals. You need artists and people high on weed to reconstruct all the rubbish about finding a teeth in the jungle and telling us the name is homo blablanonsense and that it is your father. That takes a lot of faith, i'm okay with my faith as small as mustard seed.
When i say you are a proof of God's existence, i do not say it to mock you or irk you. i say it with sense and purpose. You are a human being too complex to have being a product of chance, soup and blasts. i say it because you fit in perfectly to your description and behaviour as stated by "God". Like for instance, some people do not believe in HYIPs and MLMs but there are folks who believe in it, usually because they have gotten what was promised them, as it were. No amount of warning deconvinces them. In a similar way, i see you tally very well with God's Word concerning you, so i am sensing that He's got real points, i believe Him. You are proving what He said, you are a proof of Him. Hope that is not too complex for you. i try to break it down and make it as crude as possible so you can get it.
Chai. Why do you want to kee that boy?
Re: D by Image123(m): 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
TomHagen:
Chai. Why do you want to kee that boy?

Ranchhoddas my friend. No, i will not murder oh. i was just playing.
Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
CoolUsername:
These guys up here aren't trying to have a conversation. Do you really think that they'd accept your point? They can't come up with a decent argument so they start trying to nit-pick.

Here's the thing: snowflakes and crystals are complex structures. DNA itself is a product of molecular self-assembly. There really isn't any argument here.

Also, going by creationist logic, how can a complex designer exist without a designer itself? If it can't then the argument is meaningless; if it can, then that means they agree that complex structures can exist without a designer making the argument meaningless.

Either way, the argument is meaningless.

Snowflakes and crystals don't have codes and it would be completely asinine to say they do. So they are not as complex as DNA. Furthermore, God is immaterial so you cannot attribute material complexity to him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by winner01(m): 7:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lennycool:

If time hadn't began then how was the creator acting, as he too must not exist. Infinite regress?
Are you saying nothing existed before time undecided

Why not free your mind from the close cell of atheism undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2016
Image123:

Keep arguing against science its your business after all. Your skepticism doesn't make it any less real.
Re: D by byteHead(m): 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2016
There is no creator for DNA. No intelligence is required to encode DNA. Instead, the information in DNA is the result of natural selection acting upon random mutations, rather than the actions of a God.

Although there is no direct fossil evidence for the evolution of DNA (because of its size and fragility), scientists have theorized on its origins based on verified laboratory evidence.

2 Likes

Re: D by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2016
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21528795-500-dna-could-have-existed-long-before-life-itself/

If you want insight into current thought on origin of DNA. it seems certain people find it easier to believe we were made from clay. Evolution is the most substantiated theory in modern science. We may not have the answers now but we will soon. If it was left to some people on this thread we would still think the earth was flat and the centre of the universe

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
In Ray Comfort's Atheist Delusion documentary, an intelligent professor of theoretical physics, renowned for atheism, Lawrence Krauss displayed how foolish one descend to when defending atheism. He said, 'DNA doesn't make itself anymore than a snowflake makes itself. A snowflake is a beautiful thing and its assembled by nature, it doesn't make itself it's the laws of physics and chemistry polar molecules that make this incredibly complex beautiful structure. The same thing with DNA, it's an amazing structure (stutters) and the laws of physics chemistry and (stutters) ultimately biology will in principle explain how DNA first arose. You give me laws of polar molecules and I will give you snow flakes [by extension implying give him laws of physics chemistry and biology and he would give us DNA grin grin grin ] even though they look designed, the illusion of design is an illusion'

I'll cut him some slack because he is a physicist but even at that he was so uncomfortable saying this rubbish. Richard Dawkins, the biologist, would never be as foolish to utter something so ridiculous. That said, can anyone completely explain structure without elucidating function? What then is the function of a snow flake from its 'complex' structure? You need more faith to believe that the DNA accidentally pieced itself together given its advanced complexity and specificity than to believe any story in the Bible.

Prof Martin Poliakoff explains very easily the DNA in relation to the 2015 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for the mechanistic studies of the DNA repair:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqOSZ7tsJMw

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 7:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lennycool:
Thanks for the alphabetical gymnastics, you sure made a lot of sense.
Feel free to wallow in your ignorance bro.
Re: D by CoolUsername: 7:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
UyiIredia:

Snowflakes and crystals don't have codes and it would be completely asinine to say they do. So they are not as complex as DNA. Furthermore, God is immaterial so you cannot attribute material complexity to him.

That's special pleading that makes no logical sense. It is nothing but a cop-out that throws all logic out the window. Whether material or not, you said that complexity cannot exist without a designer.

If complexity cannot be attributed to God then complexity cannot come from it. It makes no sense.

Hence, we can say that complexity needs no designer.

1 Like

Re: D by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:56pm On Oct 28, 2016
Based on what I've been reading on both side.
What Op is just trying to say,a snow flake is very complex,so one can say how have God created a particular snow flake when different snow flakes keeps getting created every day.

That is to say complexity can exist on it's own,and humans are also complex being

1 Like

Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 8:13pm On Oct 28, 2016
CoolUsername:

That's special pleading that makes no logical sense. It is nothing but a cop-out that throws all logic out the window. Whether material or not, you said that complexity cannot exist without a designer.

If complexity cannot be attributed to God then complexity cannot come from it. It makes no sense.

Hence, we can say that complexity needs no designer.

Not just complexity. Specified complexity. God doesn't need to be complex to produce complexity. Even in abiogenesis and evolution the processes the generate increasingly complexity are relatively simple. Again you use poor reasoning.
Re: D by CoolUsername: 8:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
UyiIredia:

Not just complexity. Specified complexity. God doesn't need to be complex to produce complexity. Even in abiogenesis and evolution the processes the generate increasingly complexity are relatively simple. Again you use poor reasoning.

So if you don't need complexity to produce complexity. Then DNA can exist without a designer.

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 28, 2016
winner01:
Are you saying nothing existed before time undecided

Why not free your mind from the close cell of atheism undecided
You forgot I was a Christian, that life was miserable. You on the other hand have never been an atheist. I know what you feel now but you have no idea what i feel as an atheist.
Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 8:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
CoolUsername:

So if you don't need complexity to produce complexity. Then DNA can exist without a designer.

No, it can't. As I've explained DNA possesses a code. Code requires foresight to build as it involves symbolic representation. This is why an intelligent designer is required as nature lacks foresight.
Re: D by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2016
Image123:

You are filled with a lot of crap fallacies and diversions. Nobody said snowflakes have the ability to learn and comprehend, i simply asked for your definition of intelligence to be sure of your perspective. You said that there is no intelligence behind snowflakes, and that they are Beautiful without intelligence. That could mean two things, one and mainly that there is no intelligent designER behind it. Two, that it does not in itself HAVE intelligence. Of course, it does not have intelligence, nonetheless[b], it is made and produced by an Intelligent Designer. That it is able to even repeat its process from the laws of nature is good proof that it was intelligently made.[/b]

Nothing I will not see in the name of Gods defense.
So God set everything in place abi? Did he also do the same for evolution? Because its the same principle
Re: D by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
Image123:

We are all proof of evolution, by analysing of our DNA we able to find a similarity to those of other apes.
Re: D by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 28, 2016
UyiIredia:

They create their own structures they form their own codes from the available data
Re: D by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
UyiIredia:

Na so the thread hook ona grin Theist sef grin I'm seeing dudes restructuring their idea of God oh, now he's not complex abi grin is this not the Abrahamic God you're talking about
No character in all of fiction is more complex than him.
Re: D by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
UyiIredia:

No, it can't. As I've explained DNA possesses a code. Code requires foresight to build as it involves symbolic representation. This is why an intelligent designer is required as nature lacks foresight.
And who had the foresight for God? Infinite regress
Re: D by CoolUsername: 9:00pm On Oct 28, 2016
UyiIredia:

But a code doesn't require foresight. RNA is a code but it can self-assemble under the right conditions.
Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
CoolUsername:

But a code doesn't require foresight. RNA is a code but it can self-assemble under the right conditions.

No, it can't.
Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lennycool:
You keep posting foolish responses that betray poor reasoning. Geez.
Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lennycool:

Just shut up abeg angry
Re: D by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Just shut up abeg angry
grin grin grin grin

Re: D by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2016
UyiIredia:

You keep posting foolish responses that betray poor reasoning. Geez.
I'm sorry my friend but you have only two options
[size=13pt]Infinite regress or undesigned complexity.[/size]
your logic bending cannot work today.
Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lennycool:

I'm sorry my friend but you have only two options
[size=13pt]Infinite regress or undesigned complexity.[/size]
your logic bending cannot work today.

Logical fallacy false dilemma : two alternative statements are held to be the only possible options, when in reality there are more.

This is awkward . lipsrsealed
Re: D by CoolUsername: 9:44pm On Oct 28, 2016
Re: D by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Logical fallacy false dilemma : two alternative statements are held to be the only possible options, when in reality there are more.

This is awkward . lipsrsealed
Oh please wise Mr ebuka The great logic bender. What are the other options?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo Launches 24/7 Live Online Radio Station / Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours / How Can I Download A Free Bible To My Phone Asha 200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.