Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

D - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (10916 Views)

If Adam And Eve Were First Humans How Did Other Races Come About / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! / The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 29, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Can you Imagine Someone That has Over 140 topic on Atheism Talking About Peace Is that Not Hypocrisy
grin Na true oh. And they are always very long and hateful. Wasn't he the one that opened a thread on atheist murderers, even though we said atheism has no code it is simply unbelief, so he might as well have brought up a thread on human murderers.
Re: D by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 29, 2016
winner01:
Initially No. They are christians now. I became a christian long after they became christians.
And I guess you also didn't live in an area populated by Christians?
Re: D by winner01(m): 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Can you Imagine Someone That has Over 140 topic on Atheism Talking About Peace Is that Not Hypocrisy
I can write 200 topics on sports and paste them in the religion section.

The point is that im religious and im on a religion section. Why not find an atheist section, blog or forum where you can spread your hate. If you think you can dwell on a religion section to mock and ridicule religious people and not get a reply, then you're wrong.

I've put you on the same plane as otemanudunno. You do not deserve my time.

1 Like

Re: D by winner01(m): 12:06pm On Oct 29, 2016
Lennycool:

And I guess you also didn't live in an area populated by Christians?
Nigeria is populated by both christians and muslims if thats what you're asking. However I saw both as the same. I always saw christians as hypocritic people because many of them do exactly what christ preached against. Lets not even talk about Islam. I lived my life free from religion. I had some experiences and started to ask questions. This led me to examine the claims of the religions I could lay my hands on. I'm a verydifficult person to convince except that convinction comes from myself.

I made my personal research and it got me where I am today.

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 29, 2016
winner01:
Nigeria is populated by both christians and muslims if thats what you're asking. However I saw both as the same. I always saw christians as hypocritic people because many of them do exactly what christ preached against. Lets not even talk about Islam. I lived my life free from religion. I had some experiences and started to ask questions. This led me to examine the claims of the religions I could lay my hands on. I'm a verydifficult person to convince except that convinction comes from myself.

I made my personal research and it got me where I am today.
Well praise God for you
Re: D by winner01(m): 1:00pm On Oct 29, 2016
Lennycool:

Well praise God for you
You do know that many Nigerians are like me. The fact that you grew up in an ideology does not make the ideology right or wrong. The ideology has to be argued on other grounds to verify or diqualify its validity.
Re: D by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2016
winner01:
You do know that many Nigerians are like me. The fact that you grew up in an ideology does not make the ideology right or wrong. The ideology has to be argued on other grounds to verify or diqualify its validity.
It wasn't right or wrong it was simply untrue, no human will go to hell or heaven, if a God exist he doesn't answer prayers or care about mundane things.
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 1:40pm On Oct 29, 2016
winner01:

The point is that im religious and im on a religion section. Why not find an atheist section, blog or forum where you can spread your hate. If you think you can dwell on a religion section to mock and ridicule religious people and not get a reply, then you're wrong.

U are A [size=20pt] Hypocrite [/size] A Big one At that Is Atheism A Religion? Why open threads on Atheism on A Religious Section
Re: D by taurus25(m): 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

I'm a deist so I'm not talking about Yahweh. Just a Creator God as generally defined. What do you mean there is no proof for the immaterial ? Your consciousness is immaterial. And the universe exists in an immaterial space. I can't say how an immaterial being made life, but that doesn't make the inference to God less valid. Sometimes you can know the origin of a thing without knowing the details.
since when?
Re: D by raphieMontella: 3:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
winner01:

i thought christianity was not a religion?
Re: D by CoolUsername: 7:39pm On Oct 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

This is poor reasoning. They got more RNA from RNA so this is not RNA self-assembly which would require getting RNA from different precursors. Also, RNA is not a code, it is a molecule with a code which requires proteins to encode and decode it. Obviously such proteins don't self-assemble. So your assertion comes crashing down to the ground.

False. RNA viruses undergo self assembly all the time.
Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 8:07pm On Oct 29, 2016
CoolUsername:

False. RNA viruses undergo self assembly all the time.

AFAIK RNA viruses don't self-assemble. You are grasping at straws in a desperate bid to prove the impossible.
Re: D by CoolUsername: 9:47pm On Oct 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

AFAIK RNA viruses don't self-assemble. You are grasping at straws in a desperate bid to prove the impossible.

You don't know enough, then. Why would they be trying to exploit RNA self-assembly in nanotechnology if it couldn't undergo the process?
Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 7:01pm On Oct 30, 2016
CoolUsername:

You don't know enough, then. Why would they be trying to exploit RNA self-assembly in nanotechnology if it couldn't undergo the process?

You've not demonstrated RNA self-assembly.
Re: D by CoolUsername: 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2016
UyiIredia:

You've not demonstrated RNA self-assembly.

This is an experiment that dabbles with taking advantage of RNA self assembly. This won't have been possible if it couldn't self assemble.

Jeez...
Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2016
CoolUsername:

This is an experiment that dabbles with taking advantage of RNA self assembly. This won't have been possible if it couldn't self assemble.

Jeez...

They started with RNA molecules so it's should be called self-replication not self-assembly.
Re: D by CoolUsername: 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2016
UyiIredia:

They started with RNA molecules so it's should be called self-replication not self-assembly.

Tecto-RNA is only a unit of code. Like a binary digit (0 or 1). It can self assemble into complex forms. Complexity without intelligence.

1 Like

Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
CoolUsername:

Tecto-RNA is only a unit of code. Like a binary digit (0 or 1). It can self assemble into complex forms. Complexity without intelligence.

It can't. The link you brought clearly shows that tecto-RNA assembly was directed.
Re: D by CoolUsername: 7:24pm On Oct 30, 2016
UyiIredia:

It can't. The link you brought clearly shows that tecto-RNA assembly was directed.

The conditions were manipulated to direct it. The process is automatic. Sorry.
Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
CoolUsername:

The conditions were manipulated to direct it. The process is automatic. Sorry.

If the conditions were manipulated then the process isn't automatic. You are desperate.
Re: D by CoolUsername: 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2016
UyiIredia:

If the conditions were manipulated then the process isn't automatic. You are desperate.

They manipulated it in order to get a specific result. I'm sure you read it. Stop being intellectually dishonest, they took advantage of a chemical reaction. It's like taking advantage of evolution through selective breeding.

I can see you don't really have much to say, here. I'll let you stew over this. This argument is over from my end.
Re: D by gaelllic: 11:12pm On Oct 30, 2016
The bottom line.

No one will ever be able to explain genetic code by purely material means.

The genetic code is the set of instructions governing the material assembly of life.

Computers are made of silicon, plastic and metal.

Yet, no degree of mastery in chemistry or metallurgy will enable one understand software.

Likewise, no extent of mastery of the laws of Chemistry or Biology exclusively, will enable one grasp the genetic code.

QED.
Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 11:59pm On Oct 30, 2016
CoolUsername:

They manipulated it in order to get a specific result. I'm sure you read it. Stop being intellectually dishonest, they took advantage of a chemical reaction. It's like taking advantage of evolution through selective breeding.

I can see you don't really have much to say, here. I'll let you stew over this. This argument is over from my end.

The only one being dishonest is you. First you claimed RNA could self-assemble and it was shown false. Then you claimed RNA viruses and tecto-RNA's self-assemble both shown false too. There's nothing to stew over. Given you haven't brought any valid evidence to show codes can arise naturally it's clear you do not want to follow the evidence where it leads.
Re: D by kachi19: 12:21am On Oct 31, 2016
lennycool can I ask you something?
Re: D by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 31, 2016
kachi19:
lennycool can I ask you something?
It's a forum man go ahead
Re: D by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 31, 2016
gaelllic:
The bottom line.

No one will ever be able to explain genetic code by purely material means.

The genetic code is the set of instructions governing the material assembly of life.

Computers are made of silicon, plastic and metal.

Yet, no degree of mastery in chemistry or metallurgy will enable one understand software.

Likewise, no extent of mastery of the laws of Chemistry or Biology exclusively, will enable one grasp the genetic code.

QED.
The bolded is utter nonsense, i don't even need to go into it.
About mastering the genetic code we've come a long way and have even mapped the human DNA, we can genetically modify crops and animals, and one day soon the genes will be completely mastered.
Re: D by kachi19: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2016
Lennycool:
It's a forum man go ahead
I'll like to know where u were before you were formed in the womb
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 10:44am On Oct 31, 2016
kachi19:

I'll like to know where u were before you were formed in the womb
Do you know how reproduction works pls this is a Public Forum don't Display ignorance and be proud of it

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
Lennycool:
During an argument with a Nairalander he asserted that DNA code cannot come about without an intelligent mind, my answer to him was so long I decided to turn it into a new thread.
First off by following his logic we come upon an infinite regress. If DNA as complex as it is, cannot come without an intelligent mind and hence must need a creator. The question woukd then be, Who created the creator? As the creator must be more intelligent than his creation(DNA) and hence must need a creator because he too is complex. And then the question again would be, Who created the creator's creator? and again and again till infinity, an infinite loop that can only be broken when you accept that something in that circle must have existed without being created and if it can exist without being created, then so can DNA(which is much simpler compared to the creators).

But taking the question at face value and without much deep logic, I want you to examine several pictures that are at the end of this post.

As beautiful and complex as those snow flakes seem those snow flakes were made without any guiding hand. Non whatsoever. I doubt that any of you can make such intricate shapes out of thin ice, but these occur naturally and ironically they start from much simpler beginnings to such complex states, evolutionist propose the same about life.
You can read more about how snowflakes are formed here

http://www.its.caltech.edu/atomic/snowcrystals/faqs/faqs.htm

DNA coding is a natural process and is not proof of an intelligent mind. Ponder on these points.

[size=13pt]Infinite Regress OR Uncontrolled Complexity[/size]

The creator would have to exist above the curvatures of space time and thus can exist without a creator.
Re: D by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
lordnicklaus:
The creator would have to exist above the curvatures of space time and thus can exist without a creator.
What do you even know is space time?
Re: D by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2016
Lennycool:

What do you even know is space time?
spacetime is inherent to the universe. its curvatures is determined by the distribution of matter and energy.
Re: D by Deicide: 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2016
lordnicklaus:
awooo are people this dumb or wah brother mi pls what is above the curvature of space time?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can I Download A Free Bible To My Phone Asha 200 / Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness / Handprint Disproves Evolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.