Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

D - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (10912 Views)

If Adam And Eve Were First Humans How Did Other Races Come About / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! / The Idea Of God - Where Did It Come From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by raphieMontella: 10:10pm On Oct 28, 2016
UyiIredia:

Snowflakes and crystals don't have codes and it would be completely asinine to say they do. So they are not as complex as DNA. Furthermore, God is immaterial so you cannot attribute material complexity to him.
i dont really understand all these fuss..
Does the simplicity of the morse code make it less of a code?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by raphieMontella: 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2016
CoolUsername:

But a code doesn't require foresight. RNA is a code but it can self-assemble under the right conditions.
thank you!..i wanted to say this!
Re: D by raphieMontella: 10:13pm On Oct 28, 2016
CoolUsername:

That's special pleading that makes no logical sense. It is nothing but a cop-out that throws all logic out the window. Whether material or not, you said that complexity cannot exist without a designer.

If complexity cannot be attributed to God then complexity cannot come from it. It makes no sense.

Hence, we can say that complexity needs no designer.
you made a valid statement tho

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 10:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
CoolUsername:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1390682/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6657899968

Doesn't demonstrate RNA self-assembly. The researchers started out with RNA molecules and controlled their assembly to form tecto-RNA's. Try again.
Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 10:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
Lennycool:

I'm sorry my friend but you have only two options
[size=13pt]Infinite regress or undesigned complexity.[/size]
your logic bending cannot work today.

You are the one tagging the idea of an infinite regress to God while side-stepping my argument that as an immaterial being God is not complex and won't require a Creator.
Re: D by CoolUsername: 10:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
UyiIredia:

Doesn't demonstrate RNA self-assembly. The researchers started out with RNA molecules and controlled their assembly to form tecto-RNA's. Try again.

Excerpt from the link provided.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 11:16pm On Oct 28, 2016
CoolUsername:

Excerpt from the link provided.

And the excerpt clearly states they started out with RNA so that can't possibly be self-asesmbly.
Re: D by CoolUsername: 11:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
UyiIredia:

And the excerpt clearly states they started out with RNA so that can't possibly be self-asesmbly.

And given certain conditions they assemble into certain forms. Showing that coding does not require a designer.
Re: D by Weah96: 11:58pm On Oct 28, 2016
Depends on what you mean by the word God. I consider DNA itself to be a part of GOD. There is nothing that isn't a part of GOD, even these foo.lish NL theists. Their so-called foolishness is a result of a chain reaction of necessary events, orchestrated by Nature herself.
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 3:58am On Oct 29, 2016
Image123:

it is made and produced by an Intelligent Designer. That it is able to even repeat its process from the laws of nature is good proof that it was intelligently made.
Any proof of this Intelligent designer If not what you wrote there os just crap
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 4:04am On Oct 29, 2016
Image123:

Even growth is some form of evolution in this sense. But in the sense that you refer which i know, the sense of coming from monkeys over some million years, that is highest form of crap ever imagined by contemporary man.
This is Total bull crap Do you Ever make sense at all or you just trying to sound intelligent? @bolded shows how ignorant you are on Evolution and am not even going to try to Educate You

Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 5:36am On Oct 29, 2016
CoolUsername:

And given certain conditions they assemble into certain forms. Showing that coding does not require a designer.

This is poor reasoning. They got more RNA from RNA so this is not RNA self-assembly which would require getting RNA from different precursors. Also, RNA is not a code, it is a molecule with a code which requires proteins to encode and decode it. Obviously such proteins don't self-assemble. So your assertion comes crashing down to the ground.
Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 6:10am On Oct 29, 2016
Lennycool:

It has a precise pattern,. Get sense

The dictionary defines code as
A set of rules for converting information into another form or representation.
Now the information would be, molecular structure of water, temperature, pressure, air movement e.t.c and the other representation would be the snowflake.
It converted something into another thing.

Hence code

Chei ! Please and please. Snowflakes aren't codes ehn. We know you are desperate not to believe in God but you don't have to resort to foolishness biko. Conversion is not decoding. Check snowflakes on Wikipedia, nowhere does it say it is a code.
Re: D by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

You are the one tagging the idea of an infinite regress to God while side-stepping my argument that as an immaterial being God is not complex and won't require a Creator.
God is an immaterial being, is this not Yahweh you are talking about, the guy that showed Abraham his back side, that fought a wrestling match with a man and lost, how does an immaterial being create a material being. You see your logic bending you are now bringing immaterial into the argument. Forgetting that there is no proof for the immaterial.
Re: D by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

This is poor reasoning. They got more RNA from RNA so this is not RNA self-assembly which would require getting RNA from different precursors. Also, RNA is not a code, it is a molecule with a code which requires proteins to encode and decode it. Obviously such proteins don't self-assemble. So your assertion comes crashing down to the ground.

Liar. RNA stores genetic information
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21528795-500-dna-could-have-existed-long-before-life-itself/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5187478455

Excerpt
DNA is essential to almost all life on Earth, yet most biologists think that life began with RNA. Just like DNA, it stores genetic information. What’s more, RNA can fold into complex shapes that can clamp onto other molecules and speed up chemical reactions, just like a protein, and it isstructurally simpler than DNA, so might be easierto make.

It is finished
Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 7:12am On Oct 29, 2016
Lennycool:

Liar. RNA stores genetic information
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21528795-500-dna-could-have-existed-long-before-life-itself/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5187478455

Excerpt

It is finished

Not that RNA is genetic information. Which is why I said RNA possesses a code not that it is a code.
Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 7:20am On Oct 29, 2016
Lennycool:

God is an immaterial being, is this not Yahweh you are talking about, the guy that showed Abraham his back side, that fought a wrestling match with a man and lost, how does an immaterial being create a material being. You see your logic bending you are now bringing immaterial into the argument. Forgetting that there is no proof for the immaterial.

I'm a deist so I'm not talking about Yahweh. Just a Creator God as generally defined. What do you mean there is no proof for the immaterial ? Your consciousness is immaterial. And the universe exists in an immaterial space. I can't say how an immaterial being made life, but that doesn't make the inference to God less valid. Sometimes you can know the origin of a thing without knowing the details.
Re: D by raphieMontella: 7:42am On Oct 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

Chei ! Please and please. Snowflakes aren't codes ehn. We know you are desperate not to believe in God but you don't have to resort to foolishness biko. Conversion is not decoding. Check snowflakes on Wikipedia, nowhere does it say it is a code.
the atomic line spectra nko?

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

I'm a deist so I'm not talking about Yahweh. Just a Creator God as generally defined. What do you mean there is no proof for the immaterial ? Your consciousness is immaterial. And the universe exists in an immaterial space. I can't say how an immaterial being made life, but that doesn't make the inference to God less valid. Sometimes you can know the origin of a thing without knowing the details.
There is no proof for the immaterial. Your consciousness is directly link to your brain, which is a complex chemical machine. Without the brain there is no consciousness. So it is tied to it. What surroundes are universe are not immaterial, they can be measured quantified and can influence quantities. Just because you can't see it doesn't make it immaterial. The bolded is ironic for someone that rejects evolution, weren't you the one that wanted to see every tiny detail and change?
Re: D by raphieMontella: 7:44am On Oct 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

whats your take on polydeism?
Re: D by UyiIredia(m): 7:48am On Oct 29, 2016
raphieMontella:

whats your take on polydeism?

It doesn't make sense. It is much more parsimonious to believe in one God than many.
Re: D by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

Not that RNA is genetic information. Which is why I said RNA possesses a code not that it is a code.
RNA stores genetic codes just like DNA, in fact the process is so good that scientists used to wonder what was the need for DNA if RNA could do so much . You can't bend logic this time
Re: D by raphieMontella: 7:55am On Oct 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

It doesn't make sense. It is much more parsimonious to believe in one God than many.
a single producer of an aeroplane ?
Or a group of people who worked together to make an aeroplane?

Which makes more sense?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D by EyeHateGod: 7:57am On Oct 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

Kia u must be mentally I'll or Something is Really wrong with your Brain or Thinking Ability... Do u think If A God Wants to Exist Externally it'll be One? millions inshort Infinite Gods Can Exist Eternally It Is Not logically possible for One God To exist Eternally It's Either Non Exist or Infinite Exist MonoDeism doesn't make sense!
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 7:59am On Oct 29, 2016
raphieMontella:

a single producer of an aeroplane ?
Or a group of people who worked together to make an aeroplane?

Which makes more sense?
I just Told him that PolyDeism make more sense Than Mono they is something wrong with that kid thinking ability
Re: D by winner01(m): 10:18am On Oct 29, 2016
Lennycool:

You forgot I was a Christian, that life was miserable. You on the other hand have never been an atheist. I know what you feel now but you have no idea what i feel as an atheist.
No, you were born into a christian home. There is a difference.

I dont know what you feel now, but im sure its not peace. If it was peace, you wont spend a hugh chunk of your life talking about a God that does not exist. Its like you have problems forgetting your past. lmao.

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 29, 2016
winner01:

I dont know what you feel now, but im sure its not peace. If it was peace, you wont spend a hugh chunk of your life talking about a God that does not exist. Its like you have problems forgetting your past. lmao.
Yes I was born into a Christian home as were you. I never chose to be a Christian and neither did you. And I was a Christian, I only talk about God so people will know there's another option. They'll know religion is not the only option.
Re: D by EyeHateGod: 11:22am On Oct 29, 2016
winner01:

For someone that Has over 140 topic On Atheism I day feel ur Peace [size=20] Hypocrite [/size]

1 Like

Re: D by EyeHateGod: 11:28am On Oct 29, 2016
Lennycool:

Yes I was born into a Christian home as were you. I never chose to be a Christian and neither did you. And I was a Christian, I only talk about God so people will know there's another option. They'll know religion is not the only option.
Can you Imagine Someone That has Over 140 topic on Atheism Talking About Peace Is that Not Hypocrisy
Re: D by winner01(m): 11:44am On Oct 29, 2016
Lennycool:

Lol.
You dont know me bruh.
I was not brought up that way. My parents encouraged freedom of religion and so I lived mostly without any religious affiliation and devotion.

Its okay bro. Talk about God all your life. It doesnt matter to me.
Re: D by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 29, 2016
winner01:
Lol.
You dont know me bruh.
I was not brought up that way. My parents encouraged freedom of religion and so I lived mostly without any religious affiliation and devotion.

Its okay bro. Talk about God all your life. It doesnt matter to me.
So your parents were not Christians?
Re: D by winner01(m): 11:57am On Oct 29, 2016
Lennycool:

So your parents were not Christians?
Initially No. They are christians now. I became a christian long after they became christians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo Launches 24/7 Live Online Radio Station / Crazy Things That Religious People Believe - Add Yours / How Can I Download A Free Bible To My Phone Asha 200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.