Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN (44059 Views)

Absence Of Auditor- General May Stall Government’s Bid To Borrow $29.96b / Did The FG Really Leave Out The South East In Projects From $29.96B Loan? / Alamieyeseigha's 'Official' OBITUARY Leaves Out LYING-IN-STATE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by martineinstein(m): 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2016
arewafederation:
We all know SS and SE are ONE indivisible entity... cool

Isn't this project in the SS/SE?
abeg,dont SE is not SS...water and oil doesnt mix

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by shamecurls(m): 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2016
grin grin grin

I beg please bring me one cat-fish with a bottle of Goldberg!

The development make sense.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Alexrayz(m): 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2016
If you remove sentiment and view d project listed you see it for the betterment of the entire country

4 Likes

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Twistaray(m): 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2016
GEJ till... grin

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2016
for me it is a nice one because some of our brothers were the ones voting him and canvassing foe chage.... Mbaka and your adoration crowd where una day? even you like send no dime to the south East Mr. Presido I tell you we will still succeed.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by obailala(m): 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2016
Infrastructural Projects ($18.3 billion)

- Mambil­la Hydro Electric Power Project ($4.8 billion)

- Lagos to Calabar Coastal Railway Pro­ject: Calabar to Port-Harcourt Segment ($3.5 billion)

- Lagos-Kano Railway Project: Lagos to Ibadan Segment ($1.3 billion)

- Lagos-Kano Railway Project: Kano to Kaduna Segment ($1.1 billion)

- Abuja Mass Transit Rail Project Phase 2 ($1.6 billion)

Balance of $11 billion Breakdown

- Eurobond ($4.5 billion),

- Federal Govern­ment Budget Support ($3.5 bil­lion)

- Social Support for Educa­tion and Health ($2.2 billion)

- Agriculture ($1.2 billion)

- Economic Management and Statistics ($200 million).

Another needless thread to wail endlessly; the slavery is all in the mind and many have taken to wailing as hobby.

A very quick look through the list shows the projects are purely projects that benefit Nigeria as a whole, but to some, every single thing must be sectionalised for it to make sense to them. One begins to wonder whether the 3000mw of electricity that would be produced from the all important Mambilla dam project will be distributed only in Taraba state. One also begins to wonder whether the all important Calabar to Lagos Rail would not also be used by Nigerians of south eastern origins. Meanwhile this rail connects the Calabar Seaport and the Onne Seaport in Port-Harcourt and the rail goes through the industrial city of Aba; I never knew Aba had been erased from the South-East geopolitical zone of Nigeria. Or maybe, when it isn't convenient for wailing purposes, Aba can be regarded as South-South.

Anyway, if wailers don't wail, who will?.. Nonsense!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by frugal(m): 4:36pm On Oct 29, 2016
Luukasz:
Nobody is marginalizing igbos but instead they are the architect of their own marginalization and inferiorty due to their greedy acts. They benefited most during the GEJ era so they shouldnt be pissed off if they aint benefiting in this current administration. And besides they never gave buhari any form of support during the last election so whats the fuss.

Most people will disagree with you. GEJ focused solely on pleasing the north during his tenure. I might be wrong though, but it's open for discussion.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2016
I'm not surprised
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by mandax: 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2016
EazyMoh:
Who cares! Useless 5percentile, let then go and die!
On a serious note, the main infrastructure deficit in the SE are roads, and almost all federal roads in the region are captured in the budget and are currently been repaired. There hasn't been a viable rail project to the region due to its location. Also no dam project is viable in the region. So don't expect PMB to do things just because of your wailing. You people should have learnt something, its same with appointments and projects, so long he's satisfied it's the best decision, he goes for it!
And there are projects like financing the budget, social interventions and agricultural projects with no specific region, meaning the SE will benefit from those. So its not like the region isn't benefiting anything from the money.
Anyway like I said, who cares?

Show us the federal government roads in the south east that are under repair since the last budget.

You added that there's no viable railway project in the south east due to the location of the southeast. Did you drink kai kai?

Southeast has the most major income per capita in Nigeria, therefore its population can afford to pay and sustain train lines, not like the majority Almajiri northern Nigeria where Jonathan spent oil money to build Nigeria's first-ever standard gauge railway lines. Oil money shall be used to maintain that standard gauge railway because it may not yield money to sustain it.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2016
GEJ HAS TO BE BLAME FOR ALL THIS

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Handsomecole(m): 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2016
I am proudly Igbo and from the Southeast. But we deserve every treatment we get. We were too foolish and our leaders were too selfish and corrupt even when we enjoyed political dominance under 16 years of PDP rule.
Now under the APC we are too proud to work with the present Government and too insultive to the President.

Yes we have laws that mandate equal development in all regions but only God Almighty is not bias.

We deserve what we get.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2016
EazyMoh:
Who cares! [s]Useless 5percentile, let then go and die!
On a serious note, the main infrastructure deficit in the SE are roads, and almost all federal roads in the region are captured in the budget and are currently been repaired. There hasn't been a viable rail project to the region due to its location. Also no dam project is viable in the region. So don't expect PMB to do things just because of your wailing. You people should have learnt something, its same with appointments and projects, so long he's satisfied it's the best decision, he goes for it!
And there are projects like financing the budget, social interventions and agricultural projects with no specific region, meaning the SE will benefit from those. So its not like the region isn't benefiting anything from the money. [/s]
Y do ppl like u make stùpidity seem so easy? undecided

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by melejo(m): 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2016
EazyMoh:
Who cares! Useless 5percentile, let then go and die!
And there are projects like financing the budget, social interventions and agricultural projects with no specific region, meaning the SE will benefit from those. So its not like the region isn't benefiting anything from the money.
no sense at the end of your essay. See the english and logic teachers
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Klinee: 4:42pm On Oct 29, 2016
That is what we are suffering in the East, then if we call for BIAFRA they will say "why should we agitate for BIAFRA". There is complete no Federal Government solid project present in East. They will say that we are one,how? I pray that BIAFRA works.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Meche33(m): 4:45pm On Oct 29, 2016
LoveDecay:
What happened to all the billionaires in Biafra?

South East is Biafra.... they should prepare the worst is yet to come.
you better use your own money to build a bunker cuz the wave is coming
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Innomach(m): 4:48pm On Oct 29, 2016
ImperialYoruba:

Where are Ibos? You guys believe this?
This cant be true account judging from claims of SE being the best developed region in Nigeria.
cheesy cheesy

Chuku okike obioma!
Yes, self developed without federal assistance. The kind of buildings found in Igbo land can never be found in any part of the country with exception of Lagos which happened to be the former capital and Abuja, the present capital. Anybody can quote me wrong if only if the person has gone round all the regions.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by mandax: 4:49pm On Oct 29, 2016
engees001:
GEJ HAS TO BE BLAME FOR ALL THIS

Oh yes o. Jonathan must be blamed because he had no clue of the hostile politics of northern political class towards rest of Nigeria.

Without even campaign for second term, Jonathan chickened out in 2015 to a very hostile and vendetta-filled group to take over Nigeria.

After his defeat, Jonathan said the sixteen years he was in government system were like in a cage.

Hopefully, the most hostile group he handed over to shall not cage him once again.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Twistaray(m): 4:51pm On Oct 29, 2016
Innomach:

Yes, self developed without federal assistance. The kind of buildings found in Igbo land can never be found in any part of the country with exception of Lagos which happened to be the former capital and Abuja, the present capital. Anybody can quote me wrong if only if the person has gone round all the regions.

Oh really?? cheesy

Hahahahahahahahahaha
Wonder shall never end..

You must be a researcher or building engineer kwa?..

GEJ till wink

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by falxx: 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2016
Nasman:

I believe Mambilla Power Project is located in Taraba which is in North East and for North Central, Abuja cover them.
Why you dey waste time dey answer them? Buhari is an intelligent man. When he is through with this country for this four years,, the only question people will ask is '' what happened? Why are we where we are?
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by obisdavinc(m): 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2016
Not new has been happening for long.
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by 9japride(m): 4:53pm On Oct 29, 2016
Twistaray:

Are you done already? grin

Go on, preach..
if you thought I can undo your hurt and pain? I am sorry I will do more damage.

Now, go and cry in your corner now..
[color=#006600][/color]

Bye I don't need ur comfort. We are greater than small minds like u. It's always good to have ur type trolling on the Internet it makes it lively.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by izuvin(m): 4:55pm On Oct 29, 2016
Luukasz:
Nobody is marginalizing igbos but instead they are the architect of their own marginalization and inferiorty due to their greedy acts. They benefited most during the GEJ era so they shouldnt be pissed off if they aint benefiting in this current administration. And besides they never gave buhari any form of support during the last election so whats the fuss.

why would you say something like that? every region must not vote for a particular person for him to win. in Nigeria we are running multi party system and I can't leave my party to vote for yours. your govt should do what is right and stop depending on the mathematical error. "97% and 5%."
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Twistaray(m): 4:55pm On Oct 29, 2016
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Bye I don't need ur comfort. We are greater than small minds like u. It's always good to have ur type trolling on the Internet it makes it lively.

Kikikikikiki
Quit hiding your shame,pain and do away with this inferiority,self pity already.

Get a life bro cheesy
It obvious you are sad.

Now take this with you... GEJ till... lipsrsealed winks grin
Pele
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by bigtt76(f): 4:56pm On Oct 29, 2016
When government nor understand where South East belong naaaa grin come allocate money there tomorrow den declare Biafra Republic, who go repay de money back?

Abeg how much den allocate to Master Card Naira? Christmas don near person need to shop online grin
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Chudichu(m): 4:56pm On Oct 29, 2016
Luukasz:
Sorry benefited how? So because a region didn't support you election then you marginalize them? This is just helping the course of those that want division. So because SS supported their own(GEJ) , government should not carry out developmental projects there??
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by 12inchDickson: 4:59pm On Oct 29, 2016
Uhmmm
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Fury007: 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2016
Uduak2019:

http://www.authorityngr.com/2016/10/$29-96B-FOREIGN-LOAN--FG-leaves-out-South-East-in-projects/

I scrolled down immediately to check the source...guess what?
Achurity news... Shiorrrr
Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2016
Luukasz:
What can kind of useless excuse is that? Did the Niger delta supported Buhari? And if the Igbo's didn't support does that mean that they should be sidelined? This is 21st century and so you don't expect everyone to support you. No wonder Nigeria isn't progressing all because some persons are not supporting a particular party

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by PHIPEX(m): 5:02pm On Oct 29, 2016
Gov't of vengeance, isn't it foolishness to think that a strategy that did not keep Igbos down in 20th century even under military rule will succeed in a 21St century democracy?

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Akpan107(m): 5:03pm On Oct 29, 2016
Clinton9000:
It's obvious this government has a scripted plan to marginalize and strangle Igbos to death. What these mofos don't understand is the more you marginalize Igbos, the more successful they get to be.
The APC led federal government is a complete joke and a monumental disaster, who even tell you that Buhari has any plans for the South. Do you still hear of the Ogoni land clean up again?
Do you still remember Buhari's China visits and how Nigerians will start using yuan instead of American dollars.
Its all propaganda, but we are watching.

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by steppin: 5:03pm On Oct 29, 2016
omenka:
You see, ask around, I don't respond to people no more but just this time, I'd do you this rare favour which you've been dying for given how often you leap into my mentions.

Dr Martin Luther King once said: Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity

The problem with most of you from around there is that you hardly venture out of your immediate environments to explore the world around you, so you have this messed up notion only your kind exist in this world.

Times without number, I've advised that you guys try to mix with people beyond your locality and beyond the screens of whatever device you people use to type the crap you do and liberate yourself from this chronic ignorance that is threatening to make you appear like the first early men in the eyes of a greater population of inhabitants of this world.

This chronic ignorance is the reason why you believe Omenka is an exclusively iPod name.

Get some education and exposure and advice your brothers and sisters to do same- it wouldn't stop the sun from rising. Think about what they say about a stitch in time- it isn't too late.
I read your post and I couldn't help, but laugh.
You're asking an Igbo man to mix with people beyond his locality? What are they doing in Lagos, Kano, Abuja and all over Nigeria?
Waiting for the time to mix with other people? Please, it's not compulsory to post everytime you see any thread that concern Igbos.
We've come to understand that you hate Igbos, but posting crap won't earn you any points.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Leaves Out South East In Projects From $29.96B FOREIGN LOAN by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 29, 2016
Luukasz:
One day you will have sense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Soldiers Take Over Capital Oil, Load Drums With Fuel / People Who Failed To Use Pedestrian Bridges In Lagos Punished (pics) / Amaechi,Ben Bruce In Dirty Twitter War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.