Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok (10440 Views)

Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) / If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding..... / Is It Ok To Date A Married Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by kanyeWest1: 3:06pm On Oct 27, 2009
Is the house wife a fool like Ujujoan? What does she want to use N15,000 for as house allowance? Do money grow on trees? Can't she get her lazy slobby ass up and go look for a job or something? I really hate Housewives! Silly retarded bunch of lazy animals that always want to cling unto a man like a leach after they start having children . . . pssfff!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Oluschenco(m): 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2009
Just appreciate what you have and the little you collect, some are in-need for partners like that, but couldn't find one.

Pray for his success and upliftment, once he has this, i am sure he will ask what you want and you will tell him to increase you upkeep and he will do so. cheesy
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by ritaNL: 3:09pm On Oct 27, 2009
kanye West:

Is the house wife a fool like Ujujoan? What does she want to use N15,000 for as house allowance? Do money grow on trees? Can't she get her lazy slobby ass up and go look for a job or something? I really hate Housewives! Silly retarded bunch of lazy animals that always want to cling unto a man like a leach after they start having children . . . pssfff!

Haba ! bros you don really vex oo, abeg take am easy on th woman na.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 27, 2009
ujujoan

you want your man to take FULL responsibility for you,

then u better become a full time housewife

if you think you can be working and using your own income to live large and make investments etal, while all your husband's income goes into raising the kids and running the family

then you are a PARASITE.

you are no better than  it students/kids working holiday jobs, collecting  a salary and still chopping at home
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 27, 2009
zuuby:

You need to make a budget with him so at least he can have an ''idea'' of how much is needed

That's true. He might be oblivious to what you buy, by writing up the list of things needed then you can create a suitable budget for it all. It's not bad to plan.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 27, 2009
15,000 naira is NOT enough to keep a house for a month. But if he's unable to supply more, you guys just have to manage it and cut down on some expenses.

You men talking do you even go to the market? This is a month we are talking about and naira not dollars. undecided
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by saltnsugar(m): 3:15pm On Oct 27, 2009
People come to this forum to show their lack of home training.Like someone calling another woman's husband daft.It shows the person calls her Dad( that's if she is not a bastard) daft.Train a child in the way he/she should go.
The minimum wage in Nigeria is little more than 15k.Who pays the House rent,the baby's daycare,Nigerian family issues etc.
Please poster don't allow frustrated single ladies that can't keep a man lead you astray because they will laugh at you later.
Marriage is complimentary.My Mum takes care of the house,while my Dad takes care of major project (Houses,Cars,schools fees ,Holidays,medical etc) when we are young.My mum never said anything,she was happy helping.My sister is doing so in her own home.
Please next time don't bring your family issues to NL because it won't help you.Don't make your husband feel bad if you can help,why not do so?
Please keep your marriage together and be happy.All fingers are not equal,some use 1million a month while some use 1000

1 Like

Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Pharoh: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2009
Ujujoan:

You know respect is earned!!

Hope the respect is not tied to the man bringing the bacon home or doing his other duty apart from producing the sperm?

You are hitting on the 15k house keeping money which the woman adds to as well. I am happy and thankful to her about that. But in your list below

Ujujoan:

Nope!

Cook, buy food stuffs, buy baby things, clean the house, go shopping et.c!

Did you forget to touch this other aspects as well

House Rent
Other Bills
School Fees

Just listing this for a start.  undecided
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by emiemi(f): 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2009
Well, so much has been said in the form of advise.
I will like to add here that money issues is a very sensitive issue and depends on what obtains in your home.
One thing you shouldn't do however is compare your home to another's (mayb your friend or neighbour).
If you list the items you purchase on a monthly basis (like someone rightly suggested) and show in just for him
to see that the money is not what he thinks it is especially since they (i mean men) do not know the cost of stuffs l
ike that (and do not bother to except when the wife is overzealous and wants to be unreasonable). I understand it's
not as though you don't want to contribute to the home but when your husband takes it for granted, that sometimes
hurt. Tell him exactly how much you spend in all (15000 plus the extra u put in) and lt him know you are willing to
support since you also earn some. It will make him appreciate you the more and I'm sure he'll say it.

@Ujujoan
I bet u r not married. Your comments are rude.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Pharoh: 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2009
stillwater:

15,000 naira is NOT enough to keep a house for a month. But if he's unable to supply more, you guys just have to manage it and cut down on some expenses.

You men talking do you even go to the market? This is a month we are talking about and naira not dollars. undecided

Sister times have changed we now go to the market as well. There is no absolute monopoly of roles anymore in a marriage. Understanding is a key word both parties seriously need.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2009
Because people are managing N1000 does not mean it's enough to keep a house.  undecided

Pharoh:

Sister times have changed we now go to the market as well. There is no absolute monopoly of roles anymore in marriage. Understanding is a key word here.

Yeah you do. Once in a blue moon. cheesy Housekeeping majorly lies on the woman, eventhough I hate to admit it.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 27, 2009
emiemi:

Well, so much has been said in the form of advise.
I will like to add here that money issues is a very sensitive issue and depends on what obtains in your home.
One thing you shouldn't do however is compare your home to another's (mayb your friend or neighbour).
If you list the items you purchase on a monthly basis (like someone rightly suggested) and show in just for him
to see that the money is not what he thinks it is especially since they (i mean men) do not know the cost of stuffs l
ike that (and do not bother to except when the wife is overzealous and wants to be unreasonable). I understand it's
not as though you don't want to contribute to the home but when your husband takes it for granted, that sometimes
hurt. Tell him exactly how much you spend in all (15000 plus the extra u put in) and lt him know you are willing to
support since you also earn some. It will make him appreciate you the more and I'm sure he'll say it.

Bless you. I hope the poster remains calm, cause like you so rightly stated money issues are sensitive and it would be easy to misunderstand her stance.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by zuuby(m): 3:29pm On Oct 27, 2009
O
kay, @ poster . . sorry for calling your hubby daft! But what he's doing is not fair, and I'm not talking to him only, I'm talkin to every man in this forum with a family who refuses to take responsibility like he should!

sounds like a sexist
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 27, 2009
Pharoh:

Hope the respect is not tied to the man bringing the bacon home or doing his other duty apart from producing the sperm?
You are hitting on the 15k house keeping money which the woman adds to as well. I am happy and thankful to her about that. But in your list below

Did you forget to touch this other aspects as well

House Rent
Other Bills
School Fees

Just listing this for a start.  undecided

Nope, the respect is based on a man being able to appreciate a woman and acknowledge her support in any little way he can.

Fine he pays other bills, that's not  problem (I'm sure the wife contibutes to those things as well  . ,  . let's ask her)!

But he should not assume he's doing the right thing when I'm sure he knows quite well what he's doing!

Let them share the responsibilities in the house, let her part be to provide for housekeeping and the rest of them, let him not even give her a dime in contribution. That is not even a problem!

But when he gives her an amount and dosent admit it's not enough. In other words he dosent want to admit he's not right so  . . . .  he wants to be  the lord and still be able to dodge some minor responsibilities. That's unfair!

emiemi:

@Ujujoan
I bet u r not married. Your comments are rude.

I thought I apologized to her already!  undecided

oyb:

ujujoan

you want your man to take FULL responsibility for you,
then u better become a full time housewife

if you think you can be working and using your own income to live large and make investments etal, while all your husband's income goes into raising the kids and running the family

then you are a PARASITE.

you are no better than  it students/kids working holiday jobs, collecting  a salary and still chopping at home

Full responsibility for me/ She's not even talking about the clothes she wears, her hair, her jewelries, her make-up and other things she needs as a woman. She's talking about the food him and his son will eat? That's still his responsibility . . .  even if she's working!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Pharoh: 3:32pm On Oct 27, 2009
stillwater:

Because people are managing N1000 does not mean it's enough to keep a house.  undecided

Yeah you do. Once in a blue moon. cheesy Housekeeping majorly lies on the woman, eventhough I hate to admit it.

For sure it is possible for it not to be enough and also it varies from one house hold to another. The woman works as well so the best is for both of them to sit and discuss this issue because i feel the man is concerned about her salary IMO.

The moon is no more blue anymore i guess  grin  but frankly speaking women possess the best skills in the marketing and house keeping department. But you know we the 21st century men are giving you ladies enough help in those aspect these days.   smileyHope you will pat our backs a little bit for that  tongue
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by anishe(m): 3:34pm On Oct 27, 2009
My Sister,

Let us be frank with ourselves N15,000 per month may be small amount but it is managable for a month.
N15,000 a month translates to N500 per day. if we can manage properly, i think it should be enough in this economic sitaution where every organisation and individuals are trying to cut cost to the bearest minimum.

if we complain of N15,000 per month as not being enough, what about a family of Four where the man's monthly take home is around N20,000? Can the man boast of dropping N15,000 monthly for feeding allowance?

Let us be realistic and mange what we have. the economic situation is worrisome.

May God help us. grin grin grin
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by busybody20: 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2009
Ujujoan:

No the facts of this particular story has definitely escaped you!

The husband gives her money!

The money is not enough!

She makes it up with her own money!

The husband not only does not acknowledge that she's taking almost equal financial responsibility in the house, dosen't accept the money he gives her is not enof!

[size=28pt]Okay, @ poster . .  sorry for calling your hubby daft![/size] 28 But what he's doing is not fair, and I'm not talking to him only, I'm talkin to every man in this forum with a family who refuses to take responsibility like he should!

Cant people read again? Why are you all going all around ujujoan daft talk  undecided, it was harsh but she has [size=18pt]Apologised[/size]18!

Next cool
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by v3: 3:39pm On Oct 27, 2009
@Poster

If your hubby gives u 15k for house keeping, you should be happy no matter how small it is, he has his own personal ishes to attend to!
This is a matter you both need to sit down and discuss, give him "strong" reasons why he should top-up his monthly givings and if he STILL comes short on it. . .then i guess u were blinded by "love" when the for better for worse thing was happening!

@uju
Sometimes i mistake u for a programmed bot!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Pharoh: 3:41pm On Oct 27, 2009
Ujujoan:

Full responsibility for me/ She's not even talking about the clothes she wears, her hair, her jewelries, her make-up and other things she needs as a woman. She's talking about the food him and his son will eat? That's still his responsibility . . .  even if she's working!

We know that dear and we also have our man needs as well though the ladies own should be double or even triple the cost for  a man.  We are simply just asking for a little relief and understanding in that regard.

Nope, the respect is based on a man being able to appreciate a woman and acknowledge her support in any little way he can.

Fine he pays other bills, that's not  problem (I'm sure the wife contibutes to those things as well  . ,   . let's ask her)!

But he should not assume he's doing the right thing when I'm sure he knows quite well what he's doing!

Let them share the responsibilities in the house, let her part be to provide for housekeeping and the rest of them, let him not even give her a dime in contribution. That is not even a problem!

But when he gives her an amount and dosent admit it's not enough. In other words he dosent want to admit he's not right so  . . . .  he wants to be  the lord and still be able to dodge some minor responsibilities. That's unfair!

Sister the answer i will give to your analysis is in my earlier post. They should sit down and discuss how they will share the financial responsibilities before it gets out of hand and leads to something else.  undecided
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 27, 2009
Pharoh:

For sure it is possible for it not to be enough and also it varies from one house hold to another. The woman works as well so the best is for both of them to sit and discuss this issue because i feel the man is concerned about her salary IMO.

The moon is no more blue anymore i guess  grin  but frankly speaking women possess the best skills in the marketing and house keeping department. But you know we the 21st century men are giving you ladies enough help in those aspect these days.   smileyHope you will pat our backs a little bit for that  tongue

No. tongue tongue tongue tongue cheesy

anishe:

My Sister,

Let us be frank with ourselves N15,000 per month may be small amount but it is managable for a month.
N15,000 a month translates to N500 per day. if we can manage properly, i think it should be enough in this economic sitaution where every organisation and individuals are trying to cut cost to the bearest minimum.

if we complain of N15,000 per month as not being enough, what about a family of Four where the man's monthly take home is around N20,000? Can the man boast of dropping N15,000 monthly for feeding allowance?

Let us be realistic and mange what we have. the economic situation is worrisome.

Naa prices are even skyrocketing. They cut their costs but increase the prices of their produce. So how can N15,000 be enough when what you used to buy for N100 is now 150?
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 27, 2009
busybody20:

Cant people read again? Why are you all going all around ujujoan daft talk  undecided, it was harsh but she has [size=18pt]Apologised[/size]18!

Next cool

Thank you jare!

v3nom4eva:

@Poster
@uju
Sometimes i mistake u for a programmed bot!

*roooooooolz eyez*

anishe:

My Sister,

I guess what matters is the manner of approach!

15k is less than 5k a week . . .  that's small!

Just baby food go finish the money, not to talk of pampers!

I love alone for pete's sake . .  I spend something close to that! (and I'm not extravargant)
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by kanyeWest1: 3:44pm On Oct 27, 2009
busybody20:

Cant people read again? Why are you all going all around ujujoan daft talk undecided, it was harsh but she has [size=18pt]Apologised[/size]18!

Next cool

[size=18pt]Ujujoan is daft its as simple as that![/size]

A poster asked if Ujujoan is married? Is that a trick question or what? How can a daft Sh**t head like that get married? Who is the Stupid sensless brainless turd that would take her hand in Marriage? undecided
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by omar22(m): 3:46pm On Oct 27, 2009
Is he daft? How can 15k be enof? I feel these days men just punish women purosely. It's one thing for himto admit it's not enough and appreciate you for playing your own part, but it's another thing for him to be stubbor about it!

Does he spend 15k on himself on a month?

Abeg he should go and sit dwon jor.

You just won the award of the Village idiot of the week
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by emiemi(f): 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2009
Any family living above 15000 amonth is IMO above average comprising mostly the young working class.
You will be surprised that some families live above 50k a month. And yet you will still find, families living
on 5000 and below a month. That's why i said it's a different ballgame which depends on the level of education,
job type, number of persons in the home, location and status.

One error women make is to discuss wiv their friends how much their husbands give them for housekeeping.
That has caused (and is still causing) a lot of problems for homes when wives will return home to demand for
a 'raise' siting the other family as example to the husband.

The key word ought to be contentment (cutting one's coat according to ones' cloth)
Shikena!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2009
Pharoh:

We know that dear and we also have our man needs as well though the ladies own should be double or even triple the cost for  a man.  We are simply just asking for a little relief and understanding in that regard.

You know every woman would be happy to help and understand. All we want is a little appreciation from you guys. Not to be proving right!

LOL  cheesy
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by hollandis(f): 3:49pm On Oct 27, 2009
15k is far too small.Is it the woman's fault to sit at home?If I want y wife to be full time,then I will give her nothing less than 100k every month.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by hollandis(f): 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2009
Ujujoan:

You know every woman would be happy to help and understand. All we want is a little appreciation from you guys. Not to be proving right!

LOL cheesy

Nna everybody just dey finish you,abi you no gree for them?
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by omar22(m): 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2009
Does house keeping means you pay the

Rent
Utility bills
Car maintenance (if they have a car)

Do you have a job?
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by v3: 3:54pm On Oct 27, 2009
@uju
pls don't roll ur eyez @ me or u'll have dark patches around em soon enough! angry cool
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by jodeci(m): 3:55pm On Oct 27, 2009
emiemi:

Any family living above 15000 amonth is IMO above average comprising mostly the young working class.
You will be surprised that some families live above 50k a month. And yet you will still find, families living
on 5000 and below a month. That's why i said it's a different ballgame which depends on the level of education,
job type, number of persons in the home, location and status.

One error women make is to discuss wiv their friends how much their husbands give them for housekeeping.
That has caused (and is still causing) a lot of problems for homes when wives will return home to demand for
a 'raise' siting the other family as example to the husband.

The key word ought to be contentment (cutting one's coat according to ones' cloth) .
Shikena!
Guess u aint married yet,
I propose! please dont turn me down,i am right on a bended knee.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 27, 2009
hollandis:

Nna everybody just dey finish you,abi you no gree for them?

See me see wahala oh! Because I called the man daft. I've even apologised sef, still . . . .  

Neway, I'm getting to know my fans small small!  cheesy  cheesy
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 27, 2009
jodeci:

Guess u aint married yet,
I propose! please dont turn me down,i am right on a bended knee.

See all the broke people looking for economic wives! LOL cheesy cheesy

v3nom4eva:

@uju
pls don't roll your eyez @ me or u'll have dark patches around em soon enough! angry cool

Okay *un-roooooolz eyez* . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Only God's Sent Ladies Can Endure With A Man In This Condition-photo / Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation / Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.