Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok (10437 Views)

Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) / If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding..... / Is It Ok To Date A Married Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by rasputinn(m): 4:59pm On Oct 27, 2009
Sweet T:

Some Nigerian men never cease to amaze me, how can you give your wife N150=$100 for the whole month? Even the baby food alone surpass $100/month. You must be a very humble wife to be contemplating if it was enough or not.

She has not told us what constitutes her "house-keeping",what if baby food and the rest don't fall under that,what if house keeping is just the money for palm oil and crayfish per month

Seriously,the OP's info is incomplete
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2009
axeman85:

@poster

For pete sake. you asked a question and i am sure you will be reasonable enough to take into consideration what intelligent people who are married or reasonable have said. 15k is small yes agreed but you have been managing it all along so pls continue managing. inugo. pele. i dont know the situation in your household, but it might be your husband isnt financially buoyant or on low income, and as you said yourself, you have been helping so pls continue helping.

there are families that the husband earns much buit doesnt give the wife a penny because he believes that after taking care of the fees rent, car, at least the wife should be able to maintain the house. but if your husbands earns more and you feel he can afford to increase your allowance, then call him in the midle of the night and cajole him to increase it.

there are people that receive 50-1million a month for allowance but if you ask them they will still say it is not enough that they are managing.  so continue helping your husband and dont mind some people who have come here to shout and tell you it is not acceptable because if you check well, majority of them are not maried and those that are married and are running their mouth if you go to their houses they might even be on less money that that.

sorry for the essay. the conclusion is continue managing, but talk about it with your husband .

rasputinn:

Since you've decided to tell the whole world how much your hubby gives you as monthly housekeeping allowance,you should also tell us how much he makes every month(and maybe how much you too make monthly),that way,we'd be able to "judge" him accurately.Why would you have nairalanders pass judgement on a man that maybe earns N20k a month(assuming that's what he earns monthly or even less),out of which he gives you N15K for house-keeping.

Your info is incomplete

BTW,your hubby is your hubby,you know how it is with you,him,your child and your home,better sit down with him and work on your finances and quit coming to nairaland to seek advice for your small domestic issue that can be resolved with candid explanation on your part.You will only end up getting mostly useless advice from people who maybe even don't have husbands yet(they may become abusive of your husband and may even tell you to fight him or leave him,do you want that) or some that have and they get N15K daily for house-keeping (all fingers are not equal,I believe you've been reading the papers and must have read of those bank officers and customers that defrauded banks of billions of naira,abi you no know say some of their wives and girlfriends dey nairaland here,you wan carry your innocent husband compare those ones no try am ooo) or don't you know also that there are some that get even less than your N15K monthly for house-keeping but they will pretend that they get millions per month and tell you that your husband is a devil,my dear,use your tongue count your teeth

Peace to you and your family

Sweet T:

Some Nigerian men never cease to amaze me, how can you give your wife N150=$100 for the whole month?  angryEven the baby food alone surpass $100/month. You must be a very humble wife to be contemplating if it was enough or not.

I don't know why some people can't reason along. Do you know the Hubby's Income??  

haha please read above  angry  
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2009
v3nom4eva:

@uju

Oh, so you're making your point known by calling someone's hubby "daft". . .in a polite way??
Your man dey try o!

Pls Pls Pls . . . u guys shd try and understand a post before commenting. I was complimenting her polite post as oposed to mine!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by spoilt(f): 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2009
15k? In these times ? He must be delusional. Just the mention of the existence of a baby means expenses!!!! Thats just the money for the pampers and milk alone.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Pharoh: 5:07pm On Oct 27, 2009
Sweet T:

Some Nigerian men never cease to amaze me, how can you give your wife N150=$100 for the whole month? Even the baby food alone surpass $100/month. You must be a very humble wife to be contemplating if it was enough or not.

It is $100 and that is 15000 naira from your analysis. Hope you did not miss it when the United Nations is saying that 70 percent of the Nigeria population lives below $1 a day?
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by v3: 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2009
no comment shocked
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2009
faakay:

I don't know why some people can't reason along. Do you know the Hubby's Income??  

haha please read above  angry  

That does not make 15,000 enough.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by emiemi(f): 5:11pm On Oct 27, 2009
rasputinn:

Since you've decided to tell the whole world how much your hubby gives you as monthly housekeeping allowance,you should also tell us how much he makes every month(and maybe how much you too make monthly),that way,we'd be able to "judge" him accurately.Why would you have nairalanders pass judgement on a man that maybe earns N20k a month(assuming that's what he earns monthly or even less),out of which he gives you N15K for house-keeping.

Your info is incomplete

BTW,your hubby is your hubby,you know how it is with you,him,your child and your home,better sit down with him and work on your finances and quit coming to nairaland to seek advice for your small domestic issue that can be resolved with candid explanation on your part.You will only end up getting mostly useless advice from people who maybe even don't have husbands yet(they may become abusive of your husband and may even tell you to fight him or leave him,do you want that) or some that have and they get N15K daily for house-keeping (all fingers are not equal,I believe you've been reading the papers and must have read of those bank officers and customers that defrauded banks of billions of naira,abi you no know say some of their wives and girlfriends dey nairaland here,you wan carry your innocent husband compare those ones no try am ooo) or don't you know also that there are some that get even less than your N15K monthly for house-keeping but they will pretend that they get millions per month and tell you that your husband is a devil,my dear,use your tongue count your teeth

Peace to you and your family

Good one there.

I bet the poster has picked the useful info becos i haven't seen her comment again.

spoilt:

15k? In these times ? He must be delusional. Just the mention of the existence of a baby means expenses!!!! Thats just the money for the pampers and milk alone.

Here comes another one with the 'mouth dysentery'  
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Biatide1: 5:12pm On Oct 27, 2009
Lots have been said, just adding my quota,
EXPENDITURE IN FAMILIES VARIES ACCORDING TO FAMILY SIZE, CLASS , TASTE AND INCOME,  so the argument of 15k being  enough or not does not suffice atall.  

@Uju,
may be you meant wel,l but your phrases were very rude and insultive, pls choose your words not only on NL but in every and any interaction, u never can tell where u meet him
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by koolchicco: 5:13pm On Oct 27, 2009
hollandis:

I no dey do drugs o tongue.Any woman that is lucky to marry me would have had the best life can offer. cool

Shooo!!! Abi?

Oya wey all ma sisters 4 here, UJu, Ezinne, Abbey, Tpia, et al. Make una come apply ooo! grin grin tongue
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by rasputinn(m): 5:13pm On Oct 27, 2009
spoilt:

15k? In these times ? He must be delusional.

@ OP

Hear that what next,just wait ,you'll soon hear stupid and idiot
Point is,never wash your undies in public,like a friend always says "he who goes to the farm to fetch ant-infested firewood should be ready to content with lizards at home"
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 27, 2009
@Poster, instead of posting this on Nairaland, I think it would have been wiser to weigh all the circumstances like his income, expenditure and see where you can reduce so you and add to housekeeping. Home management is not easy, it requires a lot of politics and acts of persuasion especially money matters. If you need an increment, work it out between both of you, look at your expenses and see what you can add and reduce, and very easily you have an increment in your housekeeping allowance. I manged our household over 13 people after the passing of our mom and it was really tight especially because she had made it look so easy and inexpensive to our father so he was not willing to part with a lot of money but with a little nip/tick we made it.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by agitator: 5:22pm On Oct 27, 2009
uju is a para, thought she could use pregnancy to hold one mugu, but as a result of her high demands he outsmarted and dumped her and she is left with the burden of raising the child alone.  NL people please have pity on her.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by sholasys: 5:23pm On Oct 27, 2009
I wouldn’t have contributed to this topic but just because of Ujujoan, I would like to drop a coin. I think this lady is suffering from psychosis, as a result of frustration, inferiority complex or very low upbringing. I have kept tract of her input in threads and I want to conclude that she needed help. Are u married? How Old her you? I don’t think u have a boyfriend

@ Wife ?
Apart from the 15k, who pays for the followings:
How much does he earn per month ? and you ? which state are u residing ?
House Rent ?
Maintaining the car or pay for transportation when you guys are on a journey ?
Who pays for utilities like Nepa, dstv, water, security etc
Who fuel the generator ?
Who buys beverages, fruits, etc ?
That 400 naira re charge card request ?

A word is enough for the wise
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 27, 2009
aisha2:

@Poster, instead of posting this on Nairaland, I think it would have been wiser to weigh all the circumstances like his income, expenditure and see where you can reduce so you and add to housekeeping. Home management is not easy, it requires a lot of politics and acts of persuasion especially money matters. If you need an increment, work it out between both of you, look at your expenses and see what you can add and reduce, and very easily you have an increment in your housekeeping allowance. I manged our household over 13 people after the passing of our mom and it was really tight especially because she had made it look so easy and inexpensive to our father so he was not willing to part with a lot of money but with a little nip/tick we made it.

don't worry that your er hot kiss friend na certified oyel worker  grin (uju's kind of guy  tongue)
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2009
Biati de 1:

@Uju,
may be you meant wel,l but your phrases were very rude and insultive, pls choose your words not only on NL but in every and any interaction, u never can tell where u meet him

So what makes you think I've not met 'him'    undecided

rasputinn:

@ OP

Hear that what next,just wait ,you'll soon hear stupid and idiot
Point is,never wash your undies in public,like a friend always says "he who goes to the farm to fetch ant-infested firewood should be ready to content with lizards at home"

Just because she told us her wahala dosent give us the right to insult her hubby. She's the only one with such rights!  cheesy
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by princekevo(m): 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2009
@ poster
Well you have to tell us your husband's monthly income, whereby we dont know how much your husband exactly earns per month we cant jst conclude is 15k is enough or not, right or wrong.
You cant expect a man to live beyond his income. And there is this thing some women dont understand, mostly those that always call their husband a stingy man. Whatever he saves is still for your future and your kids. So learn how to save with him.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 27, 2009
agitator:

uju is a para, thought she could use pregnancy to hold one mugu, but as a result of her high demands he outsmarted and dumped her and she is left with the burden of raising the child alone. NL people please have pity on her.

sholasys:

I wouldn’t have contributed to this topic but just because of Ujujoan, I would like to drop a coin. I think this lady is suffering from psychosis, as a result of frustration, inferiority complex or very low upbringing. I have kept tract of her input in threads and I want to conclude that she needed help. Are u married? How Old her you? I don’t think u have a boyfriend

See all my fans them! *takes a bow*! grin grin grin
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 27, 2009
oyb:

don't worry that your er hot kiss friend na certified oyel worker  grin (uju's kind of guy  tongue)
Ah no be small thing oh
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2009
oyb:

don't worry that your er hot kiss friend na certified oyel worker grin (uju's kind of guy tongue)

*roooolz eyez*
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by DISTINCT89(m): 5:38pm On Oct 27, 2009
@poster my own advice for you is to be patient for your husand. I definitely know that once love between both of you the problem of 15k will be solve. My dear nairalander pls steak to the advice of the elders that once you show respect for ur husband that the reward of God will be on you.
My advice for you is to be prayerful so that the 15k monthly will be if not much but atleast 100k,
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 27, 2009
Ujunwa, make you relax naaaaa.
Shooooooooooooooo.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 27, 2009

N15k ke? Na by force to marry? Pls correct me if I'm wrong but does house keeping include meat in the pot and fuel in the gen  shocked ?

Even for a bachelor, N15k per month means N500 per day on lunch alone shocked  shocked  shocked !!!!

Abeg abeg abeeeeegi!!!! Dont even spoil the rest of my evening!!!!!!!!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 27, 2009
Meanwhile, N15k is far from enough but then again threadstarter's husband may be cutting his coat to his size.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2009
OMO IBO:

Ujunwa, make you relax naaaaa.
Shooooooooooooooo.

cheesy  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy

Hey luuuuuuuuuuv!  wink  wink
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 27, 2009
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 27, 2009
OMO IBO:

Meanwhile, N15k is far from enough but then again threadstarter's husband may be cutting his coat to his size.

You see, I knew there was a reason for this my loff for you!  wink  wink
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by foyeks2001(f): 5:50pm On Oct 27, 2009
Ujujoan:

See all my fans them! *takes a bow*! grin grin grin

wats ur pointafterall she had already apologised(dats means she has accepted her mistake), pls let the sleeping dog lies its ok

Ujujoan:

*roooolz eyez*

i like ur spirit
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 27, 2009
Ujujoan:

You see, I knew there was a reason for this my loff for you! wink wink
i co-sign everything you said but you were rather a little too blunt/harsh.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by foyeks2001(f): 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2009
mrcraker(my friend), u are just too funny
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 27, 2009
OMO IBO:

i co-sign everything you said but you were rather a little too blunt/harsh.

I know . . I even apologized. But trust Nlers not to ever let things go! angry angry
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by clomn(m): 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2009
@ POSTER, U SHOULD KNOW YOUR HUSBAND BETTER. THERE IS NOTHING SAID HERE THAT WILL CHANGE THAT HOME, SO HANDLE HIM WITH KNOWLEDGE.

@UJUJOAN, TELL US HOW MUCH YOUR HUSBAND GIVES YOU FOR HOUSE KEEPING AND HIS INCOME. LOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

HELP!!! Should I Break Off My Engagement Or Go On With My Wedding?? / Only God's Sent Ladies Can Endure With A Man In This Condition-photo / Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.