Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok (10438 Views)

Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) / If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding..... / Is It Ok To Date A Married Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Pharoh: 4:03pm On Oct 27, 2009
stillwater:

No. tongue tongue tongue tongue cheesy

So you don't even cherish us again self  angry grin. I know you are kidding because we are the best gift you can get in this world lol .  tongue

kanye West:

[size=18pt]Ujujoan is daft its as simple as that![/size]

A poster asked if Ujujoan is married? Is that a trick question or what? How can a daft Sh**t head like that get married? Who is the Stupid sensless brainless turd that would take her hand in Marriage? undecided

[size=14pt]She done apologize Na[/size]  grin
Ujujoan:

You know every woman would be happy to help and understand. All we want is a little appreciation from you guys. Not to be proving right!

LOL  cheesy

We have been doing that with our sweet words or what else again?  grin

hollandis:

Nna everybody just dey finish you,abi you no gree for them?

Abeg ooo no rope me inside ooo  tongue
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by emiemi(f): 4:03pm On Oct 27, 2009
kanye West:

[size=18pt]Ujujoan is daft its as simple as that![/size]

A poster asked if Ujujoan is married? Is that a trick question or what? How can a daft Sh**t head like that get married? Who is the Stupid sensless brainless turd that would take her hand in Marriage? undecided

kanye West:

Is the house wife a fool like Ujujoan? What does she want to use N15,000 for as house allowance? Do money grow on trees? Can't she get her lazy slobby ass up and go look for a job or something? I really hate Housewives! Silly retarded bunch of lazy animals that always want to cling unto a man like a leach after they start having children . . . pssfff!

Who is this pot calling the kettle black?
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2009
Kanye west aeg no fight again. haba, how bad is it to resort to such name calling? Coolo coolo temper. Kiss and make up please
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Pharoh: 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2009
emiemi:

Any family living above 15000 amonth is IMO above average comprising mostly the young working class.
You will be surprised that some families live above 50k a month. And yet you will still find, families living
on 5000 and below a month. That's why i said it's a different ballgame which depends on the level of education,
job type, number of persons in the home, location and status.

One error women make is to discuss wiv their friends how much their husbands give them for housekeeping.
That has caused (and is still causing) a lot of problems for homes when wives will return home to demand for
a 'raise' siting the other family as example to the husband.

The key word ought to be contentment (cutting one's coat according to ones' cloth)
Shikena!

Thank you sister

Ujujoan:

See all the broke people looking for economic wives! LOL  cheesy  cheesy

We are looking for economic wife during the economic crisis lol  grin
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by emiemi(f): 4:09pm On Oct 27, 2009
jodeci:

Guess u aint married yet,
I propose! please dont turn me down,i am right on a bended knee.

So sorry bro, i'm hooked! Better luck next tyme.

Ujujoan:

See all the broke people looking for economic wives! LOL cheesy cheesy

Hmm, you sure don't have the right words to say to save yourself. Being content is being economic in your opinion? Omase o!!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by queenesthr(f): 4:11pm On Oct 27, 2009
15,000K is definitely not enough but a lot of women don't even get one kobo from their husbands from year to year. Believe me.
God is our strength.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 27, 2009
emiemi:

Hmm, you sure don't have the right words to say to save yourself. Being content is being economic in your opinion? Omase o!!

Hey I meant that as a compliment oh! Being economical sure beats gold-digging!  cheesy

Neway I understand your point and I totally agree with you!  wink  wink

Pharoh:

Thank you sister

We are looking for economic wife during the economic crisis lol  grin

LOL  grin  grin
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by v3: 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2009
@uju

Fank U! cool
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by koolchicco: 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2009
omar22:

You just won the award of the Village idiot of the week

ROTFFLMFAO  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

hollandis:

15k is far too small.Is it the woman's fault to sit at home?If I want y wife to be full time,then I will give her nothing less than[b] 100k every month.
[/b]

I need this guy in my life!  grin u dey do drugs? tongue
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by shooze: 4:31pm On Oct 27, 2009
Kanye west you are not only daft you are a fucking retard and an illiterate that obviously cant read.

The poster clearly said she works you slowpoke. I wonder why your blood dey always get hot anytime woman matter is on ground . probably because you are a frustrated virgin who cant get laid hence your pent up frustration

Uju has apologised so i don't know why you want to burst with your useless American wanna be swearing all the time

anu ofia, onye nzuzu
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by rubi(f): 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2009
Fhemmmy:

If that is all he can afford, then, manage and dont have to wash his dirty linen outside.
For better and for worse, and for poorer and richer was what you promised. . . enjoy your marriage
I can't stop laughing when I read this one it reminds me of one nollywood movie patience ozokwor said for betteer belongs to her then for worst belongs to someone else
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by v3: 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2009
rubi:

I can't stop laughing when I read this one it reminds me of one nollywood movie patience ozokwor said for betteer belongs to her then for worst belongs to someone else

too much home video in d system grin , do somefin else wit ur time my dear

@koolchicco
come. . .u b man or woman sef. . .or homo-erectin undecided lipsrsealed

@uju
look what u started naw. . .u happy?
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Fhemmmy: 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2009
rubi:

And u agreed with her?
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by v3: 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2009
@femmy
help me bloody ask her AGAIN!. . . angry
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Shinatu: 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2009
Now I know that many people on NL do not bother to read and understand a post before responding to it.
People are actually asking this woman to go get a job, she already stated that she has a job and is complementing what her husband gives her.

The problem is that the husband does not want to acknowledge it and this is the point that Ujujoan has
been trying to make.

I do not believe that the man does not know it is not enough, this is a strategy by the man to remain the LORD that he believes he should be, he knows if he should admit that he is benefitting from the wife's income in anyway then he will be expected to support her in other things.

I have seen men who wak Fresh fish, stock fish, snails and all other orishirishi on a low house keeping budget only to tell their wives after several years that they do not know what she has been doing with her money!!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Fhemmmy: 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2009
v3nom4eva:

@femmy

hahahahaha . . . Lol  grin
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by jaybee3(m): 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2009
come to think of it why are we all judging when the woman clearly haven't stated the husband's spending ability.
what if the 15k is half his salary?

@OP
how much does he earn? just give us a range to work with
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by WhyAWhy(m): 4:41pm On Oct 27, 2009
kai, na wa oh, see as people de fight over another person's business. na to comment only turn to fight like this? Anyway concerning the poster, Lots of people have pointed you in the right direction, I would just advise you to sit your husband down and let him know where all the 15k is going to and where you had to supplement, he is human enough to reason with you. For those thinking that 15k is small/big in magnitude, don't just conclude, we don't know how much the poor guy earns and his other commitments. But Marriage is not one man's palaver oh, na 2 people sign up. Wish you Big Sense
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2009
this is a sample monthly running  expense

15k food
10k+ for baby
20k+ for fuelling generator
5-10k for dstv
20k for fuelling car
2k+ for nepa
10K+ for miscellaneous

and u wonder why the guy no wan hear

oddy enough i had a conversation with a chick in my office

she pays for food, and the husband for everything else - nd shes from the same tribe as our dear uju - just to dispel any frightening stereotypes our lady of the 'bobo landed property' may have created about ibo chicks  tongue
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Fhemmmy: 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2009
Or better still, you can take him with you when you doing the shopping one day too. . .if you know he can afford more.
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by rubi(f): 4:45pm On Oct 27, 2009
v3nom4eva:

too much home video in d system grin , do somefin else wit your time my dear
Fhemmmy link=topic=343557.msg4810475#msg4810475 date=1256657855:

And u agreed with her?
v3nom4eva:

@femmy

Did patience ozokwor strike a nerve?
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by axeman85(m): 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2009
@poster

For pete sake. you asked a question and i am sure you will be reasonable enough to take into consideration what intelligent people who are married or reasonable have said. 15k is small yes agreed but you have been managing it all along so pls continue managing. inugo. pele. i dont know the situation in your household, but it might be your husband isnt financially buoyant or on low income, and as you said yourself, you have been helping so pls continue helping.

there are families that the husband earns much buit doesnt give the wife a penny because he believes that after taking care of the fees rent, car, at least the wife should be able to maintain the house. but if ur husbands earns more and you feel he can afford to increase your allowance, then call him in the midle of the night and cajole him to increase it.

there are people that receive 50-1million a month for allowance but if you ask them they will still say it is not enough that they are managing.  so continue helping your husband and dont mind some people who have come here to shout and tell you it is not acceptable because if you check well, majority of them are not maried and those that are married and are running their mouth if you go to their houses they might even be on less money that that.

sorry for the essay. the conclusion is continue managing, but talk about it with your husband .
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by jaybee3(m): 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2009
;d ;d
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by harmeenut: 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2009
@ Poster
You should be sincere with yourself & NL advisers. First it depends on what you think. Do you think your husband's income justifies larger amount? If you know his income & how he spends and still thinks he shud av done better, then you deserve to bring your request to your attention. But if you truly know he couldn't av done better considering his income, budget & plans, then continue to help in the little way you can and don't forget to pray for him for buoyant source of income. My husby gives me 15k monthly and it's just the 2 of us.
Even though I know the money is not enough, I cant complain because I know his salary, budget & the plans we both have which all depends on the budget.
Above all, cherish your marriage and thank God 'cos there a million of women out there that are not ready to even collect any Kobo all they want is just to bear the husband' name. Like soundsultan wud say "oko won lode"
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by v3: 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2009
@rubi
she dey teach una(girls/ladies/women) bad tinz
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 27, 2009
v3nom4eva:

@uju
look what u started naw. . .u happy?

HA what did I do? I dint start the topic oh!

Shinatu:

Now I know that many people on NL do not bother to read and understand a post before responding to it.
People are actually asking this woman to go get a job, she already stated that she has a job and is complementing what her husband gives her.

The problem is that the husband does not want to acknowledge it and this is the point that Ujujoan has
been trying to make.

I do not believe that the man does not know it is not enough, this is a strategy by the man to remain the LORD that he believes he should be, he knows if he should admit that he is benefitting from the wife's income in anyway then he will be expected to support her in other things.

I have seen men who wak Fresh fish, stock fish, snails and all other orishirishi on a low house keeping budget only to tell their wives after several years that they do not know what she has been doing with her money!!

Thanks my dear! Maybe they only saw the 'daft' in what I said! Talk about making your point in a polite way! I need to take lessons from your oh!  wink  cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by rasputinn(m): 4:51pm On Oct 27, 2009
Since you've decided to tell the whole world how much your hubby gives you as monthly housekeeping allowance,you should also tell us how much he makes every month(and maybe how much you too make monthly),that way,we'd be able to "judge" him accurately.Why would you have nairalanders pass judgement on a man that maybe earns N20k a month(assuming that's what he earns monthly or even less),out of which he gives you N15K for house-keeping.

Your info is incomplete

BTW,your hubby is your hubby,you know how it is with you,him,your child and your home,better sit down with him and work on your finances and quit coming to nairaland to seek advice for your small domestic issue that can be resolved with candid explanation on your part.You will only end up getting mostly useless advice from people who maybe even don't have husbands yet(they may become abusive of your husband and may even tell you to fight him or leave him,do you want that) or some that have and they get N15K daily for house-keeping (all fingers are not equal,I believe you've been reading the papers and must have read of those bank officers and customers that defrauded banks of billions of naira,abi you no know say some of their wives and girlfriends dey nairaland here,you wan carry your innocent husband compare those ones no try am ooo) or don't you know also that there are some that get even less than your N15K monthly for house-keeping but they will pretend that they get millions per month and tell you that your husband is a devil,my dear,use your tongue count your teeth

Peace to you and your family
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by v3: 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2009
@uju

Oh, so you're making your point known by calling someone's hubby "daft". . .in a polite way??
Your man dey try o!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by hollandis(f): 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2009
koolchicco:

[/b]

ROTFFLMFAO  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/b]

I need this guy in my life!  grin u dey do drugs? tongue

I no dey do drugs o tongue.Any woman that is lucky to marry me would have had the best life can offer. cool
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2009
oyb:

she pays for food, and the husband for everything else - nd shes from the same tribe as our dear uju - just to dispel any frightening stereotypes our lady of the 'bobo landed property' may have created about ibo chicks  tongue

Honey you dont read well do you?

I said if it's agreed for the woman to take responsibility, there's no problem with that! But if the man wants to take the responsibility, he should provide enough. If he dosent provide enough, he should acknowledge he's not doing that and appretiate the woman's input. Not for him to be claiming right!
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2009
shooze:

Kanye west you are not only daft you are a fucking retard and an illiterate that obviously cant read.

The poster clearly said she works you slowpoke. I wonder why your blood dey always get hot anytime woman matter is on ground . probably because you are a frustrated virgin who cant get laid hence your pent up frustration
Uju has apologised so i don't know why you want to burst with your useless American wanna be swearing all the time

anu ofia, onye nzuzu

Roflmao!!! grin grin

rasputinn:

Since you've decided to tell the whole world how much your hubby gives you as monthly housekeeping allowance,you should also tell us how much he makes every month(and maybe how much you too make monthly),that way,we'd be able to "judge" him accurately.Why would you have nairalanders pass judgement on a man that maybe earns N20k a month(assuming that's what he earns monthly or even less),out of which he gives you N15K for house-keeping.

Your info is incomplete

BTW,your hubby is your hubby,you know how it is with you,him,your child and your home,better sit down with him and work on your finances and quit coming bo nairaland to seek advice for your small domestic issue that can be resolved with candid explanation on your part.You will only end up getting mostly useless advice from people who maybe even don't have husbands yet(they may become abusive of your husband and may even tell you to fight him or leave him,do you want that) or some that have and they get N15K daily for house-keeping (all fingers are not equal,I believe you've been reading the papers and must have read of those bank officers and customers that defrauded banks of billions of naira,abi you no know say some of their wives and girlfriends dey nairaland here,you wan carry your innocent husband compare those ones no try am ooo) or don't you know also that there are some that get even less than your N15K monthly for house-keeping but they will pretend that they get millions per month and tell you that your husband is a devil,my dear,use your tongue count your teeth

Peace to you and your family

If he's able he should bring out more. grin
Re: 15k Housekeeping Allowance For A Month.is It Ok by SweetT1: 4:55pm On Oct 27, 2009
Some Nigerian men never cease to amaze me, how can you give your wife N150=$100 for the whole month? Even the baby food alone surpass $100/month. You must be a very humble wife to be contemplating if it was enough or not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Only God's Sent Ladies Can Endure With A Man In This Condition-photo / Effective Ways Of Connecting With Your Kids After Divorce Or Separation / Should Parents UnCloth In Presence Of Their Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.