Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,502 members, 7,823,170 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? (35436 Views)

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? / Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? / Can We Pay Tithes From Money Gotten From MMM??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by kaladajumbo: 10:33am On Oct 30, 2016
[quote author=sekundosekundo post=50622514]

black is black and white is white, this days churches accept everything from their flocks. for better reference on tithing u can read Deuteronomy 14:22 to d end for better understanding of tithing buh unfortunately since I started attending service from childhood to this day pastor never ever preach from this particular verses of the Bible so, I just dey watch sha.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by sekundosekundo: 10:35am On Oct 30, 2016
baridamhoney:

Sighs... you know that we are human and we are fallible. It is only God that is not perfect. It is just like seeing and opportunity and not capturing it.

It is only God that is perfect you mean to say.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by greatex(m): 10:37am On Oct 30, 2016
Long live MMM...........and God bless football betting.

If u feel its not good oga or madam relax nd mind ya biz.
As for the tithes I do pay cos I have to (don't ask y).
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Tosyn007(m): 10:48am On Oct 30, 2016
midolian:
Fixed angry

Of course, the pastor will accept it.

That's the pastor's commandment dear!

God doesn't need your money for anything! You can choose to donate to the church/pastor but it's not by force. In fact giving to the needy Is far better than giving to the pastor these days. Can't you see that there is no poor pastor anywhere? If you find one now, be sure he ll soon make it. Open ya eyes! Practise religion but don't be a slave to it!.

Dude the pastor didn't make the Bible, God did. And he asked you to pay tithe to build his cburch{the body of christ}. Just pay and leave the pastor to do as deems fit with it. When you get your reward he won't be there and he won't be consulted on how you should be rewarded and If he does wrong with the money. He'll get his reward in due time.

Think of yourself and God and leave the pastor to do his job.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Kingbuhari(m): 10:51am On Oct 30, 2016
tolexy007:

is just too real......WhatsApp me if u have intrest
abeg ur numb
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by just2endowed: 10:57am On Oct 30, 2016
Kingbuhari:
abeg ur numb

Check my number below
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by 12inchDickson: 11:10am On Oct 30, 2016
Omo I no pay from my MMM money ooh, if u r interested in joint Holla me 08160866301
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by charlsecy(m): 11:14am On Oct 30, 2016
baridamhoney:
A friend of mine thinks it is not right for him to pay tithe with his proceeds on ,,,, and MMM nigeria...
What is wrong with MMM?
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Neroclassic(m): 11:24am On Oct 30, 2016
Have u ever bought a drink with the intent of winning a certain prize after peeling d bottle cork? Or a scenerio whereby u make your purchase in a store n qualify for a raffle draw. Aren't these instances of gambling which is taking chance with the possibility of winning and also losing out.

1 Like

Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by kaladajumbo: 11:26am On Oct 30, 2016
Miles300:
give to the poor and needy , nd give to the growth of the church ... Last time I checked tithe was given through agricultural produce and never money , if we Christians believe that we ought not to add or remove from the bible , then we ought to give from the produce of our land ...there wasnt a place where it was mentioned in the bible we should give money as tithe, does it mean there wasn't money in use then ? Certianly there was .... Tithing was an Old Testament doctrine so is burnt offering , why don't we do burnt offering but instead do tithing , hence it is written that Christ has redeem us from the cause of the law.. Christ never spoke about tithing , but that we should love and give to the needy , same with Paul
thank you very much for this article.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Innomach(m): 11:35am On Oct 30, 2016
Greatzeus:

I am talking of source of income,you brought gay,which has to do with sexual relationship. Christianity forbids polygamy but our constitution allows it,so as I christian I can't encourage polygamy since against the scripture.
But here I was talking about source of income. I have never played bet,it has lots of downsides. Yet I think its not wrong paying tithe from these two sources,since they are legal.
Illegality is the only thing you can use to discredit them, or did your bible say anything about betting or MMM ? If it does post the reference here.
What about runs girls, prostitutes, ogogoro sellers that doesn't kill anyone through their mean of income earnings?

1 Like

Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by MWorkers(m): 11:35am On Oct 30, 2016
Hosea 4:6 says my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Though MMM ponzi scheme was introduced to Nigerians on 17 November 2015, there are several legitimate online businesses that you can pay your tithe from without guilty conscience or controversy.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by oganology33(m): 11:36am On Oct 30, 2016
I don't know abt nairabet. But there's no need 2 pay tithe from MMM cos the referral bonus (10%) is the tithe. Go head and flex ur money.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by equuscaballus: 11:48am On Oct 30, 2016
dunkem21:

They ain't shady business, bro ..

They are guided by rules and regulatory bodies.

we let our sentiments overrule our senses of judgements. Ofcourse, if one's conscience is not disturbing one will not have problems paying tithe.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by equuscaballus: 11:50am On Oct 30, 2016
Nigerians, Christians and their hypocrisy..... sigh. If one is making money the right way one won't be uncertain whether to pay tithe or not. It's as simple as this.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Greatzeus(m): 11:51am On Oct 30, 2016
kaladajumbo:
sorry to ask u this! how do u define the word gambling? and why did Jesus chase out gamblers from the church out of anger? lastly nairabet as the name implies and MMM are they gambling or not?
I have answered this question,I am not arguing for or against betting,MMM etc I am not saying people should or not do it,Please oh never. I only gave answer regarding tithe from betting and MMM specifically.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Greatzeus(m): 11:54am On Oct 30, 2016
Innomach:

What about runs girls, prostitutes, ogogoro sellers that doesn't kill anyone through their mean of income earnings?
The bible condemns prostitution and alcohol,so its clear the income from them shouldn't be tithed.But betting and MMM were not condemned in the bible,so the only criteria to judge them will be whether they are legal or illegal in the country.So far they are legal
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by pressplay411(m): 11:58am On Oct 30, 2016
baridamhoney:

Ok are u saying that if gay marriage was in our constitution, it is acceptable to God?

Good kweshun jawe. Tiri Gbosa for your head I mean for you..

There's no biblical reference for or against this conundrum. Just common sense and conscience.

If your mind dey judge you as you dey pay the tithe biko retrieve am.
But if you feel exhilarated and fulfilled by paying the tithe from your winnings by all means do.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by iomoge2(f): 11:59am On Oct 30, 2016
baridamhoney:
A friend of mine thinks it is not right for him to pay tithe with his proceeds on Nairabet and MMM nigeria. I advised him to pay tithe on MMM money but he argued that the monies are not clean and tithe is supposed to be paid on clean money. Now I don't know how else to convince him. I wil like your opinion on this please.

So MMM money is dirty money?
He doesn't under MMM. I wonder why he joined..... smh
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Greatzeus(m): 12:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
Zikachat:
if i should ask u is betting not gambling coz dis have made some ppl kill them self
OK people have misunderstood me,I am not arguing for or against gambling,betting,MMM etc,I answered the question in the affirmative because unlike prostitution,stealing,kidnappings,rituals etc that are vices frowned at by both religion and the constitution, which obviously its wrong to pay tithe from them,Betting and MMM were not expressly stated as bad by the bible,so I was left with whether they are legal or illegal in the country. Since both are legal,I gave my answer in the affirmative.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by waywardpikin: 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
baridamhoney:
A friend of mine thinks it is not right for him to pay tithe with his proceeds on Nairabet and MMM nigeria. I advised him to pay tithe on MMM money but he argued that the monies are not clean and tithe is supposed to be paid on clean money. Now I don't know how else to convince him. I wil like your opinion on this please.

I'm pretty sure your pastor won't mind where the money comes from.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by aeronot(m): 12:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
Ask your pastor.. but I can bet he will not see anything wrong with it.. grin
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by yedidiah(m): 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2016
baridamhoney:
please do you know what it means to Honour God?
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by dorox(m): 12:28pm On Oct 30, 2016
baridamhoney:

Of cos not, no one was killed. It is just that we wanna know if God will accept it

Has God ever rejected any tithe that your pastor accepted?
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by MAK211(m): 12:28pm On Oct 30, 2016
ikombe:
All money belongs to God
So you can pay your tithe from any where grin
even from stealing right?
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Bamz(m): 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2016
yinkard4me:
Is it right to gamble? Shd be the question...

All things are lawful while not all things edify. Gambling is a big deal, Christians are advised against it. Now advocates of gambling will say life itself is a gamble etc. There has also been several arguments as to whether investing in Stock Exchange, and several moderate to high yield programs are lawful by Christian standards.

In your typical gambling, others are robbed to pay some set of people. In other financial programs, demand and market forces determine gains or losses. And there are pyramid schemes too that end up in fraud because the initiator has decided to close shop. Then we have peer to peer programs via crowd funding, quite prominent in Nigeria as of now. Whatever the case, wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by NkayTiana(f): 12:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
Nairabet might be gambling but
MMM is not gambling biko

Teeeyana says so

1 Like

Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Bmaster(m): 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
[quote author=shezpwiti post=50621040]I pay tithe from my MMM money.what is MMM?
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by yinkard4me(m): 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2016
Bamz:

All things are lawful while not all things edify. Gambling is a big deal, Christians are advised against it. Now advocates of gambling will say life itself is a gamble etc. There has also been several arguments as to whether investing in Stock Exchange, and several moderate to high yield programs are lawful by Christian standards.

In your typical gambling, others are robbed to pay some set of people. In other financial programs, demand and market forces determine gains or losses. And there are pyramid schemes too that end up in fraud because the initiator has decided to close shop. Then we have peer to peer programs via crowd funding, quite prominent in Nigeria as of now. Whatever the case, wisdom is profitable to direct.
@ bolded sums it up.. Nice piece
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Bollinger(m): 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
The question is, is it right to pay anything to fraudsters.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by opson2016(m): 1:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
mokane28:
Sorry i don't mean to derail thread, please someone help me with advice, i have a car i want to sell and i have been trying to post in auto section but the anti-spam bot there keeps banning me once i post, how do i solve this?

Maybe you downloaded the similar photo of your car from another website which is copyrighted

or

You've posted it severally on other treads

or

Your post defaulted the rules.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral / Drunk Church Members In Congo Praying (Photos, Video) / Shiloh 2019: Oyedepo Slams Buhari’s Govt Over "Hate Speech" Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.