Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? (35427 Views)

Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? / Is It Biblically Right To Wear A Necklace With The Image Of A Pastor? / Can We Pay Tithes From Money Gotten From MMM??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by simplygreat(m): 1:31pm On Oct 30, 2016
Greatzeus:

I tire for d guy ooo...MMM MONEY CLEAN LIKE SPRING WATER

Your friend said MMM Money is not clean? How? Drug money,prostitution money,ritual,stolen money are not clean,obviously they are vices frowned at by both religion and constitution. How is MMM money not clean? Are they cheating people,is there someone suffering in Nigeria because of MMM? Are they selling drugs or sexually abusing anybody?
Tell your friend that greatzeus said he/ she is a hypocrite, he/ she fears God so much and said MMM money is not clean,meaning all MMM participants are doing dirty biz right? Yet he / she could fornicate without blinking an eye,he could lie,keep malice, and hate other tribes who he/ she has never met right? Hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by redsun(m): 1:33pm On Oct 30, 2016
These football fueled betting and gambling outfits are another devastating plagues that are slowly encroaching the fabric of Nigerian society like endemic corruption and organised religion. They are as destructive as heroin,meth,blackmamba and all the self destructive class a drugs put together.

The only person that wins in gambling is the proprietor. Just like the only person that wins in church is the pastor. Gambling is a hopeless man's fantasy and dream of financial freedom.

2 Likes

Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 30, 2016
Why is he doing the two when he knows they are not clean in the first place as a Christian. See even if they are clean with his statement he has Sinned.
He has judged himself and he is judged.

He knows they produce unclean money and he STILL engages in them.

Now as to if it's proper to pay thithe with proceed from the two.
NAIRA bet is betting which also means Gambling. God frowns at making money from somebody else's misfortune. And that is what happens in Gambling. so paying thithe with proceed from it may attract punishment.

MMM is not betting it is give and take and nobody looses as long as the system is still intact the way it has been designed. Everyone that invests get their money back. I haven't heard anything lose money since it started. So nothing stops you from paying thithe from it.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Lukay99: 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
Greatzeus:

Sir we are talking about Betting and MMM, none of them is shady,to start betting biz,you register a company under C.A.M.A 1990,you are are issued a license by C.A.C ,which is a government agency.
MMM is a helping community where people give help and receive help from each other,no law in Nigeria forbids it so,it is legal.
With all due respect,you are wrong calling them shady,its an insult to the founders and millions of participants across the country.

I disagree with you with all due respect, why are you quoting the Nigerian laws ? The OP never mentioned paying taxes to the government he/she was only talking about paying the tithe (religious tax) and both Christianity and Islam are against gambling, so if you really want to make your point please bring proof from a religious text that support gambling not Nigerian laws as proof because this topic not about the government but the Church(religion)
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by bunmit(m): 2:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
andersonbaba:
if wike's tithe could be acceptable, then why not

Chaii, I can't stop laughing. But what are thou inisuating?
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Lukay99: 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2016
MinorityTribe1:
We wouldn't have all these questions if only God can talk like in the old testaments. But it seems so far God has been deaf and dumb. So people are worshiping him according to what they perceived to be right.
God is not deaf and dumb, God have been speaking to mankind through the books like old testament(Jew's Book), New Testament(Christian Book) and The Last Testament (Quran) even though God sent you this books and you still don't get the message, Now who is really deaf and dumb?
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by TheSociopath(m): 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
midolian:
Fixed angry

Of course, the pastor will accept it.

That's the pastor's commandment dear!

God doesn't need your money for anything! You can choose to donate to the church/pastor but it's not by force. In fact giving to the needy Is far better than giving to the pastor these days. Can't you see that there is no poor pastor anywhere? If you find one now, be sure he ll soon make it. Open ya eyes! Practise religion but don't be a slave to it!.

Why do people have this nonsense mentality? If everyone doesn't pay tithe and offerings and they all go out and give to the poor, how will the church be maintained? How will the church pay it's workers like the gardeners and others? If something, say a window pane, is bad, with what money will they use to repair it? You'll sit your ass down in church under the fan and listen through the speakers but is it free that the church will purchase the fuel to power the generator? If you want to be a christian, be a good one at least. Be reasonable. Some pastors might be squandering church money but you ain't God so let God judge them Himself. Bibijay123, coolgasman, what's your take on this matter?
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by diva90: 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
Why should you pay tithes at all? You are better off donating that money to charity
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Lukay99: 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2016
Neroclassic:
Have u ever bought a drink with the intent of winning a certain prize after peeling d bottle cork? Or a scenerio whereby u make your purchase in a store n qualify for a raffle draw. Aren't these instances of gambling which is taking chance with the possibility of winning and also losing out.
No no no what you just said is really not same as gambling because with your case of buying a product and hoping to also win in the same process let's say the value of a coca Cola bottle is #50 if you pay #50 with hope of also wining a prize if at the end of the day you didn't win any prizes The truth is that you also did not loose anything either because you still have your Coca Cola bottle worth #50 but in the case of gambling you tend to lose part or everything #$ you invest into it, most religion are against gambling because majority of the people that invest in it are guaranteed to loose their investments $# with only one or person gaining (that's on Godly)
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by bbbabes(f): 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
tolexy007:

Guy which one b givers forum again, I want to more....
Oga, Holla me for whatsapp... check my siggy
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by emmkeffs(f): 2:48pm On Oct 30, 2016
Greatzeus:

I am talking of source of income,you brought gay,which has to do with sexual relationship. Christianity forbids polygamy but our constitution allows it,so as I christian I can't encourage polygamy since against the scripture.
But here I was talking about source of income. I have never played bet,it has lots of downsides. Yet I think its not wrong paying tithe from these two sources,since they are legal.
Illegality is the only thing you can use to discredit them, or did your bible say anything about betting or MMM ? If it does post the reference here.

Life is all about risk. It depends on the mindset
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by badrobot77: 2:48pm On Oct 30, 2016
Giving money to man of God does not make you a religion slave, it is and was first practised by Abraham who was blessed beyond what u can imagine. Also, Christianity is or was never a religion it is a way of life. If you don't have encounter with God you are just calling your self Christian,to be a Christian is yo live like Christ, it is about human& spiritual serving service to GOD. Your tithes are to be paid in Gods house where u worship, offerings and helps should not be mixed..thank you..if you want to make sweeping religious statement please quote the Bible and not misguide people.

midolian:
Fixed angry

Of course, the pastor will accept it.

That's the pastor's commandment dear!

God doesn't need your money for anything! You can choose to donate to the church/pastor but it's not by force. In fact giving to the needy Is far better than giving to the pastor these days. Can't you see that there is no poor pastor anywhere? If you find one now, be sure he ll soon make it. Open ya eyes! Practise religion but don't be a slave to it!.

Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Zedoo(m): 2:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
Greatzeus:

The bible condemns prostitution and ALCOHOL,so its clear the income from them shouldn't be tithed.But betting and MMM were not condemned in the bible,so the only criteria to judge them will be whether they are legal or illegal in the country.So far they are legal

Not a drinker...but that's a lie
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Gwangwadangwa77: 3:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
that your friends conscience is alive. if doesn't matter how many people that will disagree with me. MMM money and nairabet is not acceptable to God. A carnal man does not understand the instructions of the Holy spirit
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Princewell2012(m): 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
shezpwiti:
I pay tithe from my MMM money.

Sorry to ask, is mmm not a scam thank you.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Coolgasman(m): 3:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
TheSociopath:

Why do people have this nonsense mentality? If everyone doesn't pay tithe and offerings and they all go out and give to the poor, how will the church be maintained? How will the church pay it's workers like the gardeners and others? If something, say a window pane, is bad, with what money will they use to repair it? You'll sit your ass down in church under the fan and listen through the speakers but is it free that the church will purchase the fuel to power the generator? If you want to be a christian, be a good one at least. Be reasonable. Some pastors might be squandering church money but you ain't God so let God judge them Himself. Bibijay123, coolgasman, what's your take on this matter?
.......If you earn your money the right way then one shouldn't be caught in between paying tithe or not. We must also know that tithing must be a thing that comes freely from our mind and not seen as a bondage. Someone once told me and I agree that we are not saved by works, thus failing to tithe will not necessarily send you to hell, but doing so will help improve your life and strengthen your relationship with God. Is tight mandatory? I don't believe that God will curse us if we don't tithe, but I do believe He will help us escape the curse that is already in the world if we do.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by bukas15(m): 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Is it right to pay tithe and offering to your imaginary God who sits in heaven all day in an air conditioned room from the money i make working under the sun and some time working on an empty stomach ??

pls God is nt ur mate. why will u refer to God as imaginary. pls mind ur choice of words when making reference to God
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by MinorityTribe1: 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lukay99:
God is not deaf and dumb, God have been speaking to mankind through the books like old testament(Jew's Book), New Testament(Christian Book) and The Last Testament (Quran) even though God sent you this books and you still don't get the message, Now who is really deaf and dumb?
Ok i understand. God can no longer talk through Fire, donkeys and animals but through books written by men. Things really do change with time, Maybe God is just getting old who knows.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by 3RNEST(m): 3:53pm On Oct 30, 2016
Let's Imagine Nigeria without .....BET9ja, NairaBet and MMM? how will the country be? will Tithe payinq come in?? grin

>>> Quote me and HANG <<<< grin grin
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by joshmaster(m): 3:57pm On Oct 30, 2016
baridamhoney:

Ok are u saying that if gay marriage was in our constitution, it is acceptable to God?
my friend if u want to pay ur tithe go ahead and pay it stop looking for an excuse. He has answered ur question u are bringing another thing into it. MMM is a business u make profit from it, it is not an illegal something. It is strictly business so it is right u pay ur tithe with MMM. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Greatzeus(m): 4:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lukay99:

I disagree with you with all due respect, why are you quoting the Nigerian laws ? The OP never mentioned paying taxes to the government he/she was only talking about paying the tithe (religious tax) and both Christianity and Islam are against gambling, so if you really want to make your point please bring proof from a religious text that support gambling not Nigerian laws as proof because this topic not about the government but the Church(religion)

so if you really want to make your point please bring proof from a religious text that support gambling not Nigerian laws as proof because this topic not about the government but the Church(religion)[/quote]
Yes that is what I am trying to say,no religious text forbids or supports gambling.It is been frowned at by the society,including me because of its downsides and addictive nature. So I have to bring in legality or its illegality to justify whether paying tithe from it is right or not.
The bible is the sole authority when speaking from a christian perspective, but since its not stated expressly that gambling/MMM are wrong, I use the law of the country ie their legality. Which so far both are legal,since no law in the country forbids them yet.
I am not arguing for or against gambling,I hate it and I don't indulge in it.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by holluikon(m): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
baridamhoney:
A friend of mine thinks it is not right for him to pay tithe with his proceeds on Nairabet and MMM nigeria. I advised him to pay tithe on MMM money but he argued that the monies are not clean and tithe is supposed to be paid on clean money. Now I don't know how else to convince him. I wil like your opinion on this please.

Pls what's this thing called MMM? I've been hearing much about it but I don't really know what it is and how it works

1 Like

Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by InvertedHammer: 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2016
baridamhoney:
A friend of mine thinks it is not right for him to pay tithe with his proceeds on Nairabet and MMM nigeria. I advised him to pay tithe on MMM money but he argued that the monies are not clean and tithe is supposed to be paid on clean money. Now I don't know how else to convince him. I wil like your opinion on this please.
/
Why is it that when you folks stumble unto money, your first concern is how much of it to fvck over to someone else?

Are you people allergic to money or what?

\
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by chrissy3(m): 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2016
So far I've been reading comments of people saying gambling is sin but I can't see anyone producing a scripture in the bible that talks about gambling.Gambling in the old times is something people did to make quick money and it was done by mostly drunks,robbers and so on to. the point the act carried the tag as bad.Gambling leads to violence and disagreement if the terms are not clear, someone wants to cheat or someone who loses decides to lynch you to get back his possession you won from him but gambling as a act is not sin.Same goes with hard drugs that are used on prescription is good but when it gets abused it becomes illegal.
People should try to bring scriptural reference condemning stuffs to back their claims and stop talking from what you heared when you were little about gambling but never saw it written clearly.

1 Like

Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by shezpwiti(f): 4:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
Princewell2012:

Sorry to ask, is mmm not a scam thank you.
MMM is not a scam trust me..I have been earning since February
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by shezpwiti(f): 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2016
[quote author=Bmaster post=50625935][/quote]private message me
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by shezpwiti(f): 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2016
balosammy:

U are really into mmm?
yes I am
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by saintchyco: 4:30pm On Oct 30, 2016
CHECK WELL HE DOESNT PAY TITHE

baridamhoney:

1 Like

Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by Princewell2012(m): 4:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
shezpwiti:

Thanks i will try it this month.
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by holluikon(m): 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2016
shezpwiti:
Pls can you tell me details about the mmm?
Re: Is Paying Tithe From MMM And Nairabet Money Biblically Right? by balosammy(m): 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2016
shezpwiti:
yes I am

Tell me abt ur experience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bobby Burnette Built A Village In Haiti, Gave For Free To Haitians (Photos) / Funeral: Archbishop Desmond Tutu Lies In Repose At His Old Cathedral / Drunk Church Members In Congo Praying (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.