Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,667 members, 7,823,887 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (979258 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 3:00pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hi dear, Sorry to be a bother. I sent you a post earlier for information on the hospital and doctor you used in VA. I sent you a PM, can you spare some time when you are free to respond. Would appreciate it. Thanks.
enidot:
Issues! had a similar situation with SIL convinced DH totally about Medicaid even called and process it. One midnyt I just wake dh that I will never forgive him if the medicaid was issued as we have sufficient cash on us. DH called his colleagues back in his office to enquire and they told him all effect afterwards. Sharply he told his sis that we settle all bills. SIL then decided that we go to their public health and register, funny enuf Daville VA is a low cost living city where the cost of everything is almost 60-70 percent lower than normal. Some test are conducted free (the ones conducted ryt inside the hospital) while the rest are just too cheap below our estimated quote from Henrico dr hopital. The moment I told them I'm paying ryt away they give ridiculous discount sharp sharp and issue receipts on the spot. Anyone coming in to south Virginia shouldn't compromise just register straight with Daville Regional Medical Center. Good services at negotiable rates.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2017
Dear missexiest, please I need info from you. I sent you a PM. Can you please respond in your free time? Thanks.
missexiest:

I gave birth around 2:30 am n had breakfast 8 hrs after.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by londonchic: 3:29pm On Feb 13, 2017
Amother4life:
We will be heading to Houston on the 16th. I am willing to help someone who has something to send to Houston that can fit into a carry on . No food stuffs or anything heavy. PM me if you are interested.

Hi, sent you a PM, awaiting your response.. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Amiableada(f): 3:32pm On Feb 13, 2017
Babatwi:

This in particular did not happen to me,but i have read of several people it happened to on this forum. Was your 2015 visa a medical visa,did you tell them during the interview that it was for child birth? If no, did you use it for the purpose for which it was issued before using it for child birth? If you are going to the US to give birth again just prepare as if you are going for normal fresh medical visa interview i.e. with Dr & hospital correspondent,budget sheet,bank statement etc and most importantly go with your receipts of 2015 .
And if you are going for just a visit,go with the normal things that accompany a b1/b2 visa interview eg bank statement,letter of invitation etc and again go with your 2015 receipt,it's importance cannot be over emphasised.
just be prepared ,it will end in praise.
thank you so much for your reply. during my interview in the vo asked if i will like seek medical attention at any point in the us and i said yes, we went on a family vacation and then i later used it in 2015 for child birth i have all my reciepts of payment. i am heavy now and will be letting them know during the interview that i am going for the sole purpose of having my baby.i pray it will end in praise and i will come and testify.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by stephne007(f): 3:42pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hello everyone, been a silent follower for a while, any ATL moms in the house looking to hook up? Boredom is dealing with me seriously. I also won't mind someone to swap ideas with. Will post my testimonies real soon, Poe and embassy ...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 3:43pm On Feb 13, 2017
Amiableada:
thank you so much for your reply. during my interview in the vo asked if i will like seek medical attention at any point in the us and i said yes, we went on a family vacation and then i later used it in 2015 for child birth i have all my reciepts of payment. i am heavy now and will be letting them know during the interview that i am going for the sole purpose of having my baby.i pray it will end in praise and i will come and testify.

In that case,just go prepared as earlier advised. From your reply your issue is not complicated,you did all you were suppose to do.maybe they just want to sight your receipts. most people that had similar scenarios like yours were issued the renewal.Best of luck!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Temidewale: 3:54pm On Feb 13, 2017
[Yes, i didnt
quote author=Babatwi post=53674684]

Pls clarify,do you mean that you dint use your visa until it expired and you were able to renew via drop box?[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 3:58pm On Feb 13, 2017
Temidewale:
[Yes, i didnt
quote author=Babatwi post=53674684]

Pls clarify,do you mean that you dint use your visa until it expired and you were able to renew via drop box?

Thanks for the clarification,i had always wondered if this was possible. Now i know for sure that it is.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Olorilee: 4:42pm On Feb 13, 2017
Topnotch22:
Bank of America.

Please has anyone opened a Bank of America account recently Or any other account in the States Dem dey ask for proof of PR before dem go open one. Pls who has any info on this?? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 4:53pm On Feb 13, 2017
Olorilee:

Please has anyone opened a Bank of America account recently Or any other account in the States Dem dey ask for proof of PR before dem go open one. Pls who has any info on this?? Thanks

Prof of what? The only thing you need is an I'd card,which could be your international passport or drivers license or both in some instances.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 5:00pm On Feb 13, 2017
[quote author=mimimum post=53672388]Hi Dwebb, I used my B1/B2 visa for vacation last November. I wasn't pregnant then, so it was a medical visa I applied for. Shebi I can write the update of intent letter now that I want to use it for childbirth. Thanks.
[/quote

Since you've used your visa for its intended purpose, I don't think writing a change of intent letter is needed. The change of intent simply means, I applied for a visitation visa but will use it for childbirth. Since you've already used it for its intended purpose you can just go ahead and use it for childbirth if your visa is still valid.

To fulfill all righteousness though, you can just send a letter of notification to let them know you intend to use the same visa to deliver your child.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Swisstk: 7:18pm On Feb 13, 2017
Encountered the same issue....still bank hunting. They said it's a new policy.

Olorilee:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2017
Babatwi:

Prof of what? The only thing you need is an I'd card,which could be your international passport or drivers license or both in some instances.

Not really. Many banks no longer open accounts on a visiting visa. They have to report this to the government periodically.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladee1: 8:26pm On Feb 13, 2017
blue355:

Congrats @nneka3000. Please i need doctors details

Pls what's d full bill for CS and doc's contact? Does d hospital have an email?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Posh404: 8:59pm On Feb 13, 2017
Just keep banking hunting....that's the right word lol. Tried to open BOA in December, the lady refused stating she needs a Proof of identity that carries my USA address. Had to leave. Dad told me how to go about getting state ID, we went to where I was to have it done; they gave me appointment date that is over a month that I can't get it done immediately.......Na so I just try my luck enter another BOA.....and viola! the guy opened it for me with just my passport and drivers licence. Didn't believe it till I got my debit card. So keep trying different branch or u get a state ID

Olorilee:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 9:42pm On Feb 13, 2017
mimimum:
Shawbabe again I saw your posts in part 2. You are still on this thing? grin

Nne eh....na ticket wey I dey look for oh grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mamababe(f): 10:00pm On Feb 13, 2017
Dear ALL

Please i would like to know if i can go for a visa appointment without a hospital correspondence the hospital i intend to use said they dont sent any emails regarding billing information.Has anyone ever encountered this before.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vlesparza: 10:40pm On Feb 13, 2017
TWoods:

Not really. Many banks no longer open accounts on a visiting visa. They have to report this to the government periodically.

Bank accounts can be open without any problems in El Paso. All patients are given the information on how to do this and it is done legally.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debbyomi(f): 10:53pm On Feb 13, 2017
MamaE3:

Thank u very much for your reply,one more question plz ,did u travel to go have ur baby? And by luggage u mean all ur bags or Jt ur carry own and handbag. If ur answer is yes to u travelled to have a baby, did Dey check how much cash u had on ?plz help a sister and sorry for d plenty questions.i Jt want to be sure

Yeah I travelled to....I was searched down to the last item in my wallet. So yeah thT includes my handbag and carry on. No my cash wasn't checked. Had it allon my card anyway except for a few thousands.

Nah, your questions aren't plenty lol. Glad to help.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debbyomi(f): 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2017
Amiableada:
hello house.. good day.i had my son in the US in 2015 and i applied for the drop box renewal to renew my visa for another missionary journey but after 2 weeks i was sent an email to pick up my passport at dhl and come for an interview. i was issued a form which stated 221(g). i have scheduled for an appointment. has anyone has this kind of issue before and how did it end ? please i need answers or ideas.. thanks

I had a similar experience when I renewed recently. I'm pretty sure they want to clarify some informations. These could be a number of things so be prepared.

So the basic question of why are you going to America....the next question or two will throw the light on the reason why you were called in

For instance

- has your employment history changed and maybe you are perceived as not being able to afford the trip conveniently
- did you go for a long period of time which could raise a red flag if you applied for visiting and stay away for months. They will be concerned about how you were able to keep your job. No employer gives months off work just for vacation.
- Did you have any alteration with the police or over stay th3 time stamped in by the CBP
-Did you apply for child birth or tourism? Although that doesn mater if you use the visa for the purpose issues for.
- It goes on and on. Just be prepared and have all your receipts...

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nneka3000: 3:04am On Feb 14, 2017
jinglesbaby:
Please, which foreign cards werk in the abroad?

USD Master card attached to your domiciliary account
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nneka3000: 3:14am On Feb 14, 2017
[quote author=Olorilee post=53678929]

Please has anyone opened a Bank of America account recently Or any other account in the States Dem dey ask for proof of PR before dem go open one. Pls who has any info on this?? Thanks [/quote

I opened with wells Fargo,used international passport

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Amiableada(f): 7:52am On Feb 14, 2017
good day mummies! please i want to know if any one can give me a contact at northside hospital atlanta. i need to get a doctor's correspondence and their fees for my interview soon. i will be using them though. i really need this help for those that have used the hospital before.you can drop your email and i will contact you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mulberry: 8:19am On Feb 14, 2017
Fizzywah:
You don't need to. My wife is currently in the US for the 2nd and only renewed by Dropbox in late December. You really don't need to visit first. Please save the money instead for more important things during your childbirth journey. And like you we had our first baby in 2015 with a B1/B2 visa.
Hope this helps.

you dont need to travel again as earlier mentioned. i used my first for child birth and renewed and went for another missionary journey. i will just be going for vacation this year after two missionary journeys.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 9:51am On Feb 14, 2017
Hello guys,

To the veteran mummies,

Is there a format for the notary public document that the father has to sign attesting that he is the father of the child (for passport issuance purposes)?

Or can I just go to any court and assume they should know what to include in the document?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mulberry: 10:01am On Feb 14, 2017
anonymousmum:
Hello guys,

To the veteran mummies,

Is there a format for the notary public document that the father has to sign attesting that he is the father of the child (for passport issuance purposes)?

Or can I just go to any court and assume they should know what to include in the document?

it is the ds 3053 form that you will notarize. google it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 11:11am On Feb 14, 2017
Hello Chiprettie, Please can I pm you for info on your accomodation in Virginia? Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 11:29am On Feb 14, 2017
mulberry:

it is the ds 3053 form that you will notarize. google it

Gotcha.

So I take that form for the Nigerian notary to sign. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by isysleek: 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2017
Oga this you statement is not true o. I paid all my bills and I was called for interview at renewal. Showed the lady all my receipts, zero balance and letter of non-indebtedness from the hospital and I got my visa.

Fizzywah:
Yes DropBox is still a thing. You shouldn't have any issues. They sometimes call for interviews if they have reports of unpaid medical bills incurred in previous visits. Barring that you should be fine. We got our visas renewed by DropBox and in all it took only 5 days.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by isysleek: 12:18pm On Feb 14, 2017
Did mine with my doctor's pediatrician about a week after deliver. It was $65 and the earring was like rubber.

But a friend did her baby's own at Macys and it was $60 which includes a 14k gold earring and the piercing.

Both piercings above were done in El Paso.

Swisstk:
Please mums that have girls....how did u go about piercing her ears?

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by isysleek: 12:38pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hello.

Can't remember word for word or in the particular order.

She asked for receipts,zero balance,statement of account from the hospital, why I used a visit visa to give birth, she kept insisting I lied, if I was pregnant again.

I showed her all my receipts and zero balance. told her my story of how I got the visa and travelled (check for my visa interview transcript), had to even show her the email I got from work back then that I had to work so could not go on leave. I showed her my bank statement when she asked for statement of account but she returned it and kept on asking for statement of account. I had to give her all the documents again, that was when she identified it (its the statement from the hospital that shows your bills breakdown from the time you were admitted to the time you were discharged). I didn't even know that was the name of the document.

Told her I was not pregnant at the moment(which is the truth). I just wanted to go on vacation.

Asked why I didn't visit again before my visa expired. Told her tickets were too expensive at the time my leave was approved so I decided to go to the UK. She then flipped my passport to check for the UK visa and entry stamp.

After all the long talk of question and answer, she approved my visa. She kept going through all my receipts over and over again.

I noticed that she denied all the people before me that went to have their baby and wanted to renew their visa. She kept asking for statement of account from them and they all didn't have it...well they all looked confused sha.

temmytee31:
Could you please share your transcripts? What was the drilling like.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.