Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975716 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmytee31: 6:21am On Feb 10, 2017
Good day everyone. Pls. I need clearification/confirmation. In filling my application form should my contact in the US be my Sister whom i'll be staying with or my doctor? I appreciate your responses.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kemex(f): 8:35am On Feb 10, 2017
Please if you're using Dr esParati and yet to pay your bills as a result of insufficient dollars, kindly contact me. Made some prepayment already but won't be traveling.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:36am On Feb 10, 2017
For me it is better you use your sister as contact because I suppose that is where you will be staying.
Your can only come in when it is that the doctor's practice openly accepts international patients and the medical case is one that will need that.
But remember to go with a printed copy of your Dr correspondence.

temmytee31:
Good day everyone. Pls. I need clearification/confirmation. In filling my application form should my contact in the US be my Sister whom i'll be staying with or my doctor? I appreciate your responses.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 10, 2017
kemex:
Please if you're using Dr esParati and yet to pay your bills as a result of insufficient dollars, kindly contact me. Made some prepayment already but won't be traveling.

How did you pay your bills?

I'll be travelling next month.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Iumezinwa1: 9:16am On Feb 10, 2017
njidekachi:
Hello dear, i have a friend with same issue , also did cerclage here in nigeria but delivered her baby in USA. We used same doctor in US. she traveled at 34weeks, was induced at 40 weeks and delivered normal( V. birth). Meaning it can be well managed here except if u so wish to have it done abroad. Kindly pm me so i can give u her contact. may be u can use same hospital here if the need be.

Your children will surround ur table, in Jesus name. PEACE

Good Morning,

Please you mentioned cerclage. I want to find out if its advisable to remove the cerclage here in Nigeria or wait to get to the US. Also is there any cost implication if it will taken out in US, was it done at the Doctor's office or at the hospital. Will appreciate a quick response please as i intend to travel in 2 weeks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmyo: 9:54am On Feb 10, 2017
@boluwagin please ask your question here. I can't get into my email so I can't respond to your pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Amiableada(f): 11:26am On Feb 10, 2017
ok. so i finally got a mail today with an attached letter saying i should go and pick up my passport and schedule an appointment to come for an interview. please has anyone had this kind of issue before and how did it end up cos i am worried. i know that for drop box they usually hold onto your passport and ask you to come for an interview or has it changed?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Jessmama: 11:39am On Feb 10, 2017
Just to encourage anyone who needs this right nw and in the spirit of giving back. i read through from part 1 to part 5 of this thread although i had obtained a visiting visa, travelled, decided to have my baby and then returned before i got to know of the thread.

fast forward 4yrs later wanted to go deliver my 2nd baby n i decided to do it right from the beginning by applying for a b2 visa with all i heard learnt frm here(budget sheet, dr and hospital correspondence e.t.c)

i applied via dropbox and got called for an interview. to cut the long story i was denied 3times(back to back) tried to apply for a canadian visa and was denied twice(total denial of 5 times in 3 months)

Decided to try one more time and i got my US visa approved the 4TH TIME.

well thats my story. thought i should share(not so good at writing however questions are welcome)

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Amiableada(f): 12:01pm On Feb 10, 2017
Jessmama:
Just to encourage anyone who needs this right nw and in the spirit of giving back. i read through from part 1 to part 5 of this thread although i had obtained a visiting visa, travelled, decided to have my baby and then returned before i got to know of the thread.

fast forward 4yrs later wanted to go deliver my 2nd baby n i decided to do it right from the beginning by applying for a b2 visa with all i heard learnt frm here(budget sheet, dr and hospital correspondence e.t.c)

i applied via dropbox and got called for an interview. to cut the long story i was denied 3times(back to back) tried to apply for a canadian visa and was denied twice(total denial of 5 times in 3 months)

Decided to try one more time and i got my US visa approved the 4TH TIME.

well thats my story. thought i should share(not so good at writing however questions are welcome)

wow! did you end up having your baby there? i am almost giving up cos i thot if i do the drop box i wil just be issued a visa. wasnt expecting this atall. had my son there and paid all my bills with receipts. now going to face those white heads with my big tummy. i am worried.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olaboss(f): 12:42pm On Feb 10, 2017
Good mummy In the house I greet u all please has any one giving birth in Indianapolis please I need a link to a good and affordable hospital there thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Modele35: 1:14pm On Feb 10, 2017
Good day my good people, can anyone help with a doctor's contact at Oakbend? due in July and i am thinking of porting to Houston and staying in Soulcare. In 2015 wen i had my son i went to Iowa but their prices now are not smiling. for mother 6k child 1.1k not to talk of tests and all. i need a good doc close to Soulcare so i can go to Houston. help a sister bikoooo..my email is omodeleo@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olaboss(f): 3:29pm On Feb 10, 2017
Hello good people in the house please help a sister oooo I need a an affordable hospital in indianapolis to give birth please can anyone help me with a link please email me prettyufee@gmail.com thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Eilenora: 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2017
Hello Baes smiley

so I gev birth in 2014; thanks to all the help from Nairaland. I used Emory hospital Atlanta at the time with the following costs:

Now I am on missionary journey No.2 and have accommodation only in Nevada or New York. Please does anyone have any hospitals to refer to me with their experiences and costs? Hubby dey fear as we are obviously gonna spend x3 of what we did back in 2014 due to the exchange rate, which is why I want to stay with someone this time around as opposed to getting a rented accommodation like I did last time which made my costs more.

Also I got my renewed visa via drob box just last month. stating my purpose to be visiting. but with all this trump issues, does the change of intent still work? (i did this successfully in 2014 like many other mamas here) abeg no extra doh to go visiting and come back again before going to give birth.

All the best to all we October mamas. Kissessss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Modele35: 3:36pm On Feb 10, 2017
@ Babatwi, thank you so much. i have mailed him. hope to hear from him soon.
how was ur experience then? did u also stay at soulcare? I would like to hear recent experiences of people at soulcare.

Thanks fam!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iphiechuks: 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2017
Good day beautiful pple,

I had my son in Dallas May 2015 and visa was issued based on child birth. I think that I am few weeks preggy and intend to renew my visa that will expire this February.

Does drop box still exist cos I tot that base on some changes made this trump era, that there is no drop box again. Does drop box still exit and has anyone renewed lately via drop box.

Getting the whole thing mixed up in my head
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Eilenora: 4:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
Well I renewed mine about 2 weeks before the executive orders came in so I do not know what occurs now. maybe others can help. even I am anxious to know. I also heard they have reduced the term from 2 to 1 year. Is this true?

iphiechuks:
Good day beautiful pple,

I had my son in Dallas May 2015 and visa was issued based on child birth. I think that I am few weeks preggy and intend to renew my visa that will expire this February.

Does drop box still exist cos I tot that base on some changes made this trump era, that there is no drop box again. Does drop box still exit and has anyone renewed lately via drop box.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 4:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
cheesy good am or pm all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MiddyO(f): 5:32pm On Feb 10, 2017
Iumezinwa1:

Good Morning,

Please you mentioned cerclage. I want to find out if its advisable to remove the cerclage here in Nigeria or wait to get to the US. Also is there any cost implication if it will taken out in US, was it done at the Doctor's office or at the hospital. Will appreciate a quick response please as i intend to travel in 2 weeks.

Please don't remove the cerclage, it was placed there for a reason (to ensure you carry your baby to term). If you take it out chances are that you may go into pre mature labour.

Mine was removed when I had false contractions a few weeks to delivery and I was induced 2 weeks later. I wasn't charged extra for it. It takes less than 5mins to take it out and doesn't require anaesthesia.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MiddyO(f): 5:36pm On Feb 10, 2017
iphiechuks:
Good day beautiful pple,

Yes drop box still exists and yes the 2 year visa still exists. Renewed my visa recently and wasn't called for an interview despite the reason for the visa being childbirth. So don't be anxious. You will be fine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Iumezinwa1: 5:53pm On Feb 10, 2017
MiddyO:

Please don't remove the cerclage, it was placed there for a reason (to ensure you carry your baby to term). If you take it out chances are that you may go into pre mature labour.

Mine was removed when I had false contractions a few weeks to delivery and I was induced 2 weeks later. I wasn't charged extra for it. It takes less than 5mins to take it out and doesn't require anaesthesia.

Please what hospital and doctor did you use??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Temidewale: 7:32pm On Feb 10, 2017
Hello house,

Please does anyone have knowledge of how i can get cheap direct flight to Atlanta for July?

Also, I renewed my expired & unused B1/B2 visa through Dropbox in January and stated visiting as purpose but I will not be visiting before I go to deliver my baby in July. Is that okay pls? I have previously had a baby on B1/B2 visa few years back, i paid all bills & visited US after then without issues. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladee1: 9:00pm On Feb 10, 2017
Pls who knows if travelex is selling PTA or how else can i get dollars
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debbyomi(f): 1:25am On Feb 11, 2017
ladee1:
Pls who knows if travelex is selling PTA or how else can i get dollayrs

It's true though...what's the update with travelex and PTA?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Horlatoks: 4:22am On Feb 11, 2017
Have you gotten an accomodation yet.?.
emerald274:

Hello, I amrelatively new here and yet to figure out how to post or respond to messages (I hope this works). I however requested to send you a mail.Will like to chat on the accomodation sharing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ihavespoken: 7:35am On Feb 11, 2017
Yes travelex sells PTA but you have to be there early and queue.
Their rate is about N394/$.

debbyomi:

It's true though...what's the update with travelex and PTA?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debbyomi(f): 10:29am On Feb 11, 2017
Ihavespoken:

Yes travelex sells PTA but you have to be there early and queue.
Their rate is about N394/$.

Oh thanks. The hustle for dollar is real
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmytee31: 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2017
Thanks much. Just thinking of how to answer the question where are you going"? Sis is in Katy, Hospital is in Richmond. Texas. Im just a newbie pls.
chibertha:
For me it is better you use your sister as contact because I suppose that is where you will be staying.
Your can only come in when it is that the doctor's practice openly accepts international patients and the medical case is one that will need that.
But remember to go with a printed copy of your Dr correspondence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.