Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,026 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975719 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jinglesbaby: 12:53pm On Feb 12, 2017
hey!

Amother4life:
We will be heading to Houston on the 16th. I am willing to help someone who has something to send to Houston that can fit into a carry on . No food stuffs or anything heavy. PM me if you are interested.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jinglesbaby: 12:59pm On Feb 12, 2017
Black market USD is now #500! Oh lawd, I need to start saving up cash! The thing about foreign exchange is that you can buy at #500 today and tomorrow, it will be sold at #300! Then, recurring and new expenses will not even make you have ready cash sef for your mission until you are truely ready!
Are there people who always get forex from banks, please kindly inform me the Nigerian banks that issuing ATM card that work abroad or banks selling PTA/forex?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmytee31: 1:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
Beautiful people of God. Hope we're all good today. Thanks for all the feedbacks. Quite helpful.
My passport is in my maiden name. i plan changing to marital when it expires soon. Any problem with this pls? How do i explain this to the VO why change to marital name hasnt occured Since my husband is my sponsor. I await your responses. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boluwagin: 2:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
temmyo:

A referral list of pediatrix or a list of pediatricians? Please clarify. If it's the latter then you choose whichever pediatrician on the list suits you and let the hospital know you have your own pediatrician who will come in to check the baby. This is something you can discuss directly with Dr. Stimage or her nurse Liz.

I did not use any of her referred pediatricians because I wanted someone close to where I was staying so it would be easy to take baby there after discharg (although I did ask if she could recommend any pediatrician in the Irving area, Rachael one her staff gave me one but the fees were high).

It was the pediatrician on call at the hospital that attended to my baby throughout our stay. The group is called pediatrix. The bill came in the mail about a week after discharge. It was 1750dollars or so, I got a discount and paid 868dollars.

Upon discharge I used Irving pediatrics(found them myself online, lovely Arab couple) They charge 75dollars per visit. I paid 50.

Dr. Stimage did babys circumcision a day after his birth. It cost 115. She didn't take off as much skin as in Nigeria but it wasn't bad sha.

@temmyo, Thank you so much! It's actually a referral list with names and numbers of pediatricians but I think you already answered my question. God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Derinoye: 3:18pm On Feb 12, 2017
Congrats to you and hubby, pls I would like to know which doctor and hospital doctor esparati gave you cos he said he only consult for other doctors when I contacted him cos am going for an interview nxth month pls?

caleb404:
Hello Family, I’ve being a silent follower of this thread for more than a year now, even before I got married. I have a compilation of successful and otherwise visa interviews. It will be nice to relate my experience earlier this morning at the embassy (Lagos).
Went with my wife and the queue was long though, with a lot of denials here and there. Finally our turn..

VO- Morning, passports please
Hands over passport
VO- Why are you going to the US?
Me- Vacation
DW- To deliver our baby
VO- Which doctor?
DW- Doctor Esperati
VO- Why did you choose there?
DW- 2 of my friends have previously delivered there, and recommended it, also I researched and got some positive reviews.
VO- (typing vigorously) … What is the budget?
Me- Slightly above $12,000. But we estimated $15,000. I have a budget sheet
VO- No, I do not need it………. Tell me about your company... “Caleb ……………company”
Me- I am into the downstream petroleum industry, bla bla bla bla……..
VO- What challenges do you encounter in the business?
Me- Some scarcity here and there, middle men, black market, difficulty in getting goods, etc.
VO- (typing vigorously and for quite some time).. you know you can not take 15k dollars into the states, you have break it down or declare it.
Me- Yes, I am aware, I’ve got some credit cards as well.
VO- (after some moment of more vigorous typing) … congratulations, pick up your….. I nor hear the rest, I was already in cloud 9!

No documents at all was requested. Not even a glance at the bank statements. It can only be God.
My best wishes to those awaiting theirs. Just be genuine and be confident. It is okay to be nervous and anxious but be confident.
Peace!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladee1: 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2017
Pls does any one have contact for accommodation in oakbend Houston for 400 or 500$/month. Pls help a sis. Pls pm me

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmyo: 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2017
mojirayoflawal:
[color=#990000][/color] Pls does anyone have information on any hospital in Dallas. Especially baylor and Scott hospital. Any doctors contact. Please! Thank you.

You pm'd me. Sorry but I can't get into my inbox. Type Dallas in the search box, streamline your search to the travel section. Do the same for Baylor, you'll get some info by those that have been there. Read all their posts. Better still check the hospital website and call them for any query.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shamecurls(m): 7:13pm On Feb 12, 2017
mojirayoflawal:
[color=#990000][/color] Pls does anyone have information on any hospital in Dallas. Especially baylor and Scott hospital. Any doctors contact. Please! Thank you.

JPS, Dallas Fort-worth
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MamaE3: 10:27pm On Feb 12, 2017
good evening everyone , please I need ur advice , has anyone here pass thru Boston POE before ?please help a sister with how the POE is like to enable me buy my ticket . Thank u all so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debbyomi(f): 12:22am On Feb 13, 2017
MamaE3:
good evening everyone , please I need ur advice , has anyone here pass thru Boston POE before ?please help a sister with how the POE is like to enable me buy my ticket . Thank u all so much

Yup I've. I spent like 30mins in the CBP room and they went through my luggage and handbag. Signed me in afterwards. Will ratethe difficulty Moderate.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 1:13am On Feb 13, 2017
Please my people, still asking for cheap flights to Atlanta for April. Pleaseeeeeeeeee sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Swisstk: 1:49am On Feb 13, 2017
Please mums that have girls....how did u go about piercing her ears?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YoungMetrosG(f): 5:00am On Feb 13, 2017
@temmyo Used Irving Pediatrics for my baby's after birth visits too. They were near my rented apartment, that's how I found them. I really like both doctors, they're very pleasant, didn't know they were a couple.
My baby had jaundice, called them to ask if I could bring her for follow up checks and the male dr somehow answered the phone, instead of the receptionist. It was the weekend just before New Years and he was travelling but he stayed on the phone with me for like 40 minutes giving me options and made sure I wrote it all down.
For someone who I'd never met or paid a dime to, I was so impressed and surprised. That's why I made sure I went there.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 13, 2017
@ YoungMetrosG
Hi, did you have your baby in Dallas? If yes which Hospital and what's their fees like?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MamaE3: 9:21am On Feb 13, 2017
debbyomi:

Yup I've. I spent like 30mins in the CBP room and they went through my luggage and handbag. Signed me in afterwards. Will ratethe difficulty Moderate.

All the best

Thank u very much for your reply,one more question plz ,did u travel to go have ur baby? And by luggage u mean all ur bags or Jt ur carry own and handbag. If ur answer is yes to u travelled to have a baby, did Dey check how much cash u had on ?plz help a sister and sorry for d plenty questions.i Jt want to be sure
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ayabemm16: 11:13am On Feb 13, 2017
[quote author=beausexy post=50685859]
Hi dear, pls can you assist with the doctor and hospital info that you used at dallas? Many thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmyo: 12:10pm On Feb 13, 2017
YoungMetrosG:
@temmyo Used Irving Pediatrics for my baby's after birth visits too. They were near my rented apartment, that's how I found them. I really like both doctors, they're very pleasant, didn't know they were a couple.
My baby had jaundice, called them to ask if I could bring her for follow up checks and the male dr somehow answered the phone, instead of the receptionist. It was the weekend just before New Years and he was travelling but he stayed on the phone with me for like 40 minutes giving me options and made sure I wrote it all down.
For someone who I'd never met or paid a dime to, I was so impressed and surprised. That's why I made sure I went there.

Yes. He's the one that works weekends. He called me on a Saturday too. To give me my baby's jaundice result. Something I thought won't be ready till Monday. They are married o. The wife is the main pediatrician though. The husband didn't specialize in pediatrics. Very nice people. They even gave me home remedy tips and were soo interested in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2017
Ok. I must have been confusing with my question cos i was surprised at the cost of everything. Anyway, can you please let me know how much the accommodation costs and its distance from the hospital/doc's office (if different). Plus do I send a pm to get the details of the hosp and doc so that admin doesn't frown at 'advertising"? Thanks.
LadyOk:
yes thats all i paid. i didnt use epidural. other details on d hospital like? am not sure i get d question. as for accomodation, leleti from this platform (d lady dat travelled with a cast on her leg) hooked me up with the lady i stayed with. she said her host was nice so i used her too. altho i paid, i dont think it was enough to have gotten d genuine love n care she gave me n my baby. as for payment plan, if u pay d hospital b4 ur delivery, u get 75% discount.

quote author=mimimum post=53494398]This was all you paid for VD? That's a wow something. Please can you provide more details on the hospital, accommodation around and payment plan for delivery. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Amiableada(f): 12:18pm On Feb 13, 2017
hello house.. good day.i had my son in the US in 2015 and i applied for the drop box renewal to renew my visa for another missionary journey but after 2 weeks i was sent an email to pick up my passport at dhl and come for an interview. i was issued a form which stated 221(g). i have scheduled for an appointment. has anyone has this kind of issue before and how did it end ? please i need answers or ideas.. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 12:18pm On Feb 13, 2017
Shawbabe again I saw your posts in part 2. You are still on this thing? grin
Shawbabe:
Please my people, still asking for cheap flights to Atlanta for April. Pleaseeeeeeeeee sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hi Dwebb, I used my B1/B2 visa for vacation last November. I wasn't pregnant then, so it was a medical visa I applied for. Shebi I can write the update of intent letter now that I want to use it for childbirth. Thanks.
Dwebb55:
I've seen recent posts from people stating that they got their visas for visitation but will not use them for that purpose but for childbirth. If you knowingly misled the VO's in your application, you're not only putting yourself but others in a complicated situation. Let's be guided and truthful in our applications. It's not illegal to give birth in the US(yet)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 12:58pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hi, dear,
Please could you give me the full name of Dr E. and also a breakdown of what you spent in total. Thanks.
Urbanbeauty:
To God be all the glory, we had my baby on the 23rd of December at Oakbend medical center with Dr E. The service was exceptional and nurses were very friendly.

We got all her documents ( birth certificate, blue passport, social securiy no and emergency travel certifcate) all in one week this January.

My host was very nice and sweet and was very helpful.

My profound gratitude goes to every kind contributor on this platform, the words of advice were invaluable.

May God bless us all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by njidekachi: 1:13pm On Feb 13, 2017
It was removed in US before induction. She used DR MBAGWU in LA and there was no extra charge

Iumezinwa1:

Good Morning,

Please you mentioned cerclage. I want to find out if its advisable to remove the cerclage here in Nigeria or wait to get to the US. Also is there any cost implication if it will taken out in US, was it done at the Doctor's office or at the hospital. Will appreciate a quick response please as i intend to travel in 2 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shakidude: 1:30pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hello wonderful people, please, I have a question.

I submitted my passport for Dropbox last Monday, I checked today on the ceac (us embassy page) and it says its under administrative processing updated on the Thursday, 9th of February. I also checked us travel docs and the status has changed from your passport is with the US embassy to book an appointment. I have not received any mail from the embassy to come for interview. Pls for those that have been called for interview after submitting passport for Dropbox, Do I wait for an email from them or I should go ahead and book appointment because I really don't understand. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 1:56pm On Feb 13, 2017
Temidewale:
Hello house,

Please does anyone have knowledge of how i can get cheap direct flight to Atlanta for July?

Also, I renewed my expired & unused B1/B2 visa through Dropbox in January and stated visiting as purpose but I will not be visiting before I go to deliver my baby in July. Is that okay pls? I have previously had a baby on B1/B2 visa few years back, i paid all bills & visited US after then without issues. Thank you

Pls clarify,do you mean that you dint use your visa until it expired and you were able to renew via drop box?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dazzle86(f): 2:19pm On Feb 13, 2017
Good day house. Please can someone who has no travel history outside the country but is pregnant and wants to give birth in the US go about it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by emerald274: 2:24pm On Feb 13, 2017
Please I will appreciate any help/suggestion(s)

emerald274:
To mothers who have used Oakbend in the past; Please can you kindly suggest affordable accomodation in that axis? Preferably ones with easy/ cheaper transportation to oakbend.
Any form of guidance will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dazzle86(f): 2:28pm On Feb 13, 2017
Ifylicious:
Happy holiday everyone. Pls i need to ask a question. My trip to go give birth in the US would be sponsored by my mum's step brother. We all do not have the same surname. Do you think they will accept his statement of account? He has the money as he is wealthy and his children are schooling abroad. So the money in the account would not be a problem but our different names. I am a single mum for now. I work but my money isn't enough oh. Pls advice me.

Hellooo mama please how did you go about applying and have you traveled out before?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 2:36pm On Feb 13, 2017
Amiableada:
hello house.. good day.i had my son in the US in 2015 and i applied for the drop box renewal to renew my visa for another missionary journey but after 2 weeks i was sent an email to pick up my passport at dhl and come for an interview. i was issued a form which stated 221(g). i have scheduled for an appointment. has anyone has this kind of issue before and how did it end ? please i need answers or ideas.. thanks

This in particular did not happen to me,but i have read of several people it happened to on this forum. Was your 2015 visa a medical visa,did you tell them during the interview that it was for child birth? If no, did you use it for the purpose for which it was issued before using it for child birth? If you are going to the US to give birth again just prepare as if you are going for normal fresh medical visa interview i.e. with Dr & hospital correspondent,budget sheet,bank statement etc and most importantly go with your receipts of 2015 .
And if you are going for just a visit,go with the normal things that accompany a b1/b2 visa interview eg bank statement,letter of invitation etc and again go with your 2015 receipt,it's importance cannot be over emphasised.
just be prepared ,it will end in praise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.