Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978655 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ChyG: 5:14am On Apr 12, 2017
drafrican:

spoke about this earlier
their poe is in the USA not doha
left on the 5th of April
have ur drs report and FAAN medical certificate if you are less than 32 weeks and submit it upon check in

if you are over 32 weeks one week before u fly get your MEDIf form from qatar or download online and have a dr fill it, it must be submitted 48 hours before you fly and you must obtain an approvsl from qatar before you fly along with this MEDIF form you need the FAAN medical cettificate snd your dr's fit to fly.

qatar is in the habit of returning passengers to naija at checkin to the USA if you are noticed to be pregnant snd dont have the MEDIF form because their flight is long and you are a high risk passenger.

thats where the story about poe being in doha came from but its not true, they are just strict about flying pregnant women.

I had what seemed like a poe experience in Doha on the 21st of February. I was 35 weeks + so I filled and submitted the required forms 6 days before my travel date. In turn, Qatar airways acknowledged receipt of my forms. However, as I was about boarding in Doha for the 2nd leg of the journey, d airline officials held on to my passport & boarding pass. I was asked to wait in a corner. After about 10 minutes, a man approached me ( he was in suit so I couldn't ascertain if he's a CBP officer but he's American), he asked me why I chose to have my baby in the US, how much I had on me and receipts from my 1st missionary journey. He handed me my boarding pass & passport after the interrogation. Note that I was singled out because I was pregnant ... the Qatar officials saw my record on their system. Be properly guided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bbaby84(f): 5:42am On Apr 12, 2017
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by uzyfine: 6:10am On Apr 12, 2017
uwauche:
I will be due August and will be traveling June, and I intend giving birth in Houston too, how do we connect. my email is houseofhadasa@yahoo.com.
. Am also due in aug or late July, I want to use hnwmc and seriously searching for cheap accommodation and flight. My email is missqueensuzzy@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gloriagee(f): 7:33am On Apr 12, 2017
Thanks. Sent you a PM
boluwagin:

Done!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 8:02am On Apr 12, 2017
ekoboy:

You can also use one of the many courier companies mostly at Ajao estate. You simply register with them and then use their US address as your address on Amazon and they will send your good across for a small fee. With that you can keep shopping at Amazon
Wow, great. Do you have the contact details for any of these companies? I'd really appreciate it. Thank.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmyo: 8:32am On Apr 12, 2017
boluwagin:

Thanks Temmyo, I met her at the hospital as she was the pediatrician on call, she charges 300 for self pay patient, pm me if you need her contact.

Can't pm o. My nairaland email isn't working. I just want to know if the money includes hearing test, and if it was for the entire stay of baby in the hospital.

Also I don't think it would hurt to drop the name of her pediatrics group at least.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kunle2367: 9:13am On Apr 12, 2017
kunle2367:
Hello Guys ,

I have been following this thread and it has been very educative we are about to embark on to preparation for our first missionary Journey,i need an Hospital in Indianapolis. DW is 3 months gone .

Kindly give us referrals we chose the state cause we can get helping hands dere has we have relatives dere. Please help a brother

Still waiting for response pls guys
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 9:54am On Apr 12, 2017
kunle2367:

Morning Kunle. You would be best served if you put in a little work first. Have you googled hospital's in Indianapolis and called them? Gotten the delivery rates and the doctors attached to the identified hospital's? You can also use the search button above and type in Indianapolis and childbirth etc to see if Indianapolis has been a place of destination for past contributors. Personally I don't think it is common but you never know.

Finally, read from thread 3/4 so that you can have a complete picture of what you need to experience a smooth POE and delivery for you and your wife.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kunle2367: 11:02am On Apr 12, 2017
[quote author=Dwebb55 post=55497470]

Morning Kunle. You would be best served if you put in a little work first. Have you googled hospital's in Indianapolis and called them? Gotten the delivery rates and the doctors attached to the identified hospital's? You can also use the search button above and type in Indianapolis and childbirth etc to see if Indianapolis has been a place of destination for past contributors. Personally I don't think it is common but you never know.

Finally, read from thread 3/4 so that you can have a complete picture of what you need to experience a smooth POE and delivery for you and your wife.[/quote

Thanks Dwebb55
I have done search qork as well and try searching Indianapolis on d page but nothing is coming and have seen couple of hospitals online like Indiana University health hospital,st vincent.and methodist hospital just need to know if any one as used one of dis before for guidance .

Tanks guys]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kunle2367: 11:07am On Apr 12, 2017
[quote author=Dwebb55 post=55497470]

Finally, read from thread 3/4 so that you can have a complete picture of what you need to experience a smooth POE and delivery for you and your wife.[/quote

Many thanks. Dwebb55.I have used the search button notin is coming forth and also I have googled hospi y also in Indianapolis. Saw couple of hospitals like the Indiana University Hospital, methodist hospital and St Vincent hospital. Just want to know if anyone has used any of these hospitals for guidance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 12:33pm On Apr 12, 2017
boluwagin:

Forgot to add that Visa on arrival works and its less stressful, DH applied with the help of @Desoul and got the approval 2 days after. Got to lagos and paid 200usd!
welcome home and congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chinwe11: 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
hi kunle, i wanted to have my baby in indiana before changing my mind and coming to NC..
Search online, the hospitals are there. call them. i called them all and got quotes. Vincent had a delivery package of about 4800 for self pay (hospital only) and then you pick your own doctor and discuss with them. one other hospital (not sure which) said they dont take non US residents.

Bottom line like others said, you have to do the homework yourself. Google and then call them up on phone. every single one i called responded.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kussy4: 12:58pm On Apr 12, 2017
hello house,

who has flown turkish airways before and whats it like...should i go ahead to pay..i plan to go at 35weeks ..i no wan get issues o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
[quote @chygy
alot of preggies have complained about Qatar
they really aren't excited about flying pregnant women a couple of issues in the past but if all your stuff are in order I think she should be fine , the alternative would be to fly Emirates or Ethiopian airlines the 3 are about the same price.
I also noticed if u can stress and go to muritala mohammed airlines like Delta will give a cheaper quote than online.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 2:26pm On Apr 12, 2017
my wife flew them at 35weeks and there were no issues. Just dint like the food though(she never likes any meal in flight anyways grin) Just get your fit to fly from a general hospital or port health
kussy4:
hello house,

who has flown turkish airways before and whats it like...should i go ahead to pay..i plan to go at 35weeks ..i no wan get issues o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 3:07pm On Apr 12, 2017
Good morning @ chiprettie trying to reach you but cant pls any april/may richmond virginia bound mamas pls holla (henricos doctors hospital)
My email is drafrican15@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sehawale: 3:45pm On Apr 12, 2017
desoul:

welcome home and congratulations

Desoul, I pm'ed you please. Please reply as soon as you can. I need info on how to apply for VOAfor my LO. I want to know if New York consulate has passport booklet too before I pay online on Innovate for a Passport. I have little time left before my travel date. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by pointednose: 4:49pm On Apr 12, 2017
Thanks @drafrican and others for the responses
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 5:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
Pls for those that have used henrico richmond
I called the peadiatricians number dr wf stated on the price quote but the peadiatrivians say they ca t give a quote it depends on the birth anaesthesia for epidural quoted 1400usd but that excludes price lf drugs for epidural and the anaestheyic nurses fee
so pls any mums that had an epidural and normal vaginal delivery how much did your total bill come to be and how much was d peadiatricians fee
thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 5:46pm On Apr 12, 2017
jesufifunmi:
Hello fam,

Please i need the help of any mama/papa coming back to naija soon embarassed I want to purchase the attached drug from Amazon, but unfortunately they don't do overseas shipping for the particular product. I desperately need it and can't find it in any pharmacy here in Lagos. Please help a sister, pls cry I have my dollar card for payment, will only need to ship to your address in the US.

Just 4 bottles, they are very lightweight. I stay in Lagos but will pay for dispatch from anywhere you are shipping from in Nigeria. God bless!

Go to biz section & ship through one of the reputable shipping guys on NL... one -two weeks, you reveive ...

You don't even need to use dollar card... Your naira card is more than ok to use...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by elizabetha(f): 6:48pm On Apr 12, 2017
Hi
Please were you eligible for a hotel at Doha & if not please where did you stay? Did you stay at the lounge?

Hoow do I submit my filled and signed Qatar medif and medical clearance certificate? Is there actually a Qatar email address that I can send it to. Thanks for your response.

drafrican:

spoke about this earlier
their poe is in the USA not doha
left on the 5th of April
have ur drs report and FAAN medical certificate if you are less than 32 weeks and submit it upon check in

if you are over 32 weeks one week before u fly get your MEDIf form from qatar or download online and have a dr fill it, it must be submitted 48 hours before you fly and you must obtain an approvsl from qatar before you fly along with this MEDIF form you need the FAAN medical cettificate snd your dr's fit to fly.

qatar is in the habit of returning passengers to naija at checkin to the USA if you are noticed to be pregnant snd dont have the MEDIF form because their flight is long and you are a high risk passenger.

thats where the story about poe being in doha came from but its not true, they are just strict about flying pregnant women.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 7:23pm On Apr 12, 2017
modath:

Go to biz section & ship through one of the reputable shipping guys on NL... one -two weeks, you reveive ...

You don't even need to use dollar card... Your naira card is more than ok to use...
Please help with the link to the thread of a trusted one. sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 7:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
Losreservations@ng.qatarairways.com thats their emaili
I always mail them to congirm am entitled to STPC befote I pay for the ticket
If you have the time go yo their vi office eith the medif form and have it sorted if not use the email above send ur mail very early in the morning before 8 so by 9 am you have a reply cos you may have to send anothet one
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 7:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
kunle2367:

If you already have "helping hands" in that state, shouldn't they be the folks to help you do the scouting you need?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2017
jesufifunmi:
Please help with the link to the thread of a trusted one. sad

https://www.nairaland.com/3289673/mayorall-cargobuy-ship-usa-4.4
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Marylandmama: 11:58pm On Apr 12, 2017
In the spirit of giving back…. I have been a silent reader on this thread, had my first baby in Maryland in 2015 and just got into Maryland for 2nd missionary journey this afternoon.
Got my visa for birthing in 2015, used it for birthing in 2015 and visitation with my LO in 2016. Was asked for zero based in 2016 when we came for vacation. Renewed our visas December 2016 thru dropbox and got it after 5days without any interview.
Flight: flew BA to Dulles Washington Airport Maryland at 34weeks plus. My doctor filled my fit to fly 10days ago where he stated that am fit to fly so far I fly within 2weeks from when the letter was issued. BA rep at the counter said I ought to have collected it around 3days to my trip. He finally checked me in after confirming from his superior if it was okay to accept it and the superior asked him if I looked fit and he said yes. Checked in to London, food onboard and entertainment was okay. Layover in London wasn’t long and we landed in Dulles few minutes to 1pm.
Airport was almost empty, just 2 flights landed around the same time.
CPB; what are you here for
Me: Medicals
CBP: what type of medicals
Me; am pregnant and plan to deliver my baby here.
CBP; oh really. How much do you have on you?
Me: told him ……Bleep
CBP: how long do u plan to stay and do you have anyone here
Me; told him 10weeks and that I will be staying with my uncle, also gave him the address
He scanned my fingers and took my photograph. Stamped me in for 6months. Spent approximately 5minutes with him.
Proceeded to collect my luggage. Bag was not searched cos I didn’t have to declare the food stuffs I brought cos they are allowed. (Grounded egusi, roasted groundnut, normal know maggi, milo, dried locust beans, yam flour, gari)
Hospital; used Howard county hospital and Signature OBGYN in 2015, will use them again this time around. Like it’s been said, Maryland is not cheap at all.
Hospital will give a quote of 8500 dollars with a deposit of 5000 dollars when registering but you might not use up to that if there’s no complication and no epidural.
Doctor’s fee if from 3300 dollars to like 3600 dollars
All this quotes are for normal delivery.
Didn’t use epidural the last time, so my hospital bill for 2days and LO was slightly less than 6000 dollars
Chilling at home now. First appointment is tomorrow.
I was able to register with the doctor’s office and book an appointment easily because am a returning patient.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 12:20am On Apr 13, 2017
What was the reply oh....Justwise u no even wait for me to come and see it....did she pop a vein? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.