Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975740 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 12:43am On Apr 13, 2017
As regards the Oakbend price increase, My wife was at Oakbend last week and she was told she had to pay the new price of $2,750 to register instead of the $2,500 which Dr F. quoted. She paid the sum and registered but later mentioned it to Doc F. at her next appointment. He said he had just been informed about the increase and didnt know beforehand. He also said he will have a talk with the Oakbend MD to refund the extra $250 since he had already quoted the $2,500 for us as they didnt inform him of the increase.

Doc F. also gave us a discount on his prices cos she is a returning patient.

I just dey pray make everybody dey discount dey go..... grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 5:25am On Apr 13, 2017
Pls am on bended knees those that used henrico dr, s hospital what was ur bill with epidural for vaginal delivery
pretty pls with a cherry on top.
still searching for any mums going to henrico drs hospital april/may in richmond virginia
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iamnikky69: 11:38am On Apr 13, 2017
Pls does my doctor have to copy the email he sent to me to the US embassy? And please can anyone suggest an affordable accomodation in dallas for me. I've gone through the thread and i couldnt find any. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2017
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iphiechuks: 2:16pm On Apr 13, 2017
iamnikky69:
Pls does my doctor have to copy the email he sent to me to the US embassy? And please can anyone suggest an affordable accomodation in dallas for me. I've gone through the thread and i couldnt find any. Thanks
You only show the correspondences to the VO at the embassy. U dont need to involve them in your email exchange.

Someone can as well help you with accommodation, though I will be heading to Dallas but have a family there to stay with.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vlesparza: 2:48pm On Apr 13, 2017
iamnikky69:

All supporting documentation has to be provided by the applicant in person on the day of the interview. They do not accept emails from third parties on behalf of anybody.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ashynabs: 3:00pm On Apr 13, 2017
Hey mamas am Houston bound wats d best poe to go am leaving in July. This is my second missionary journey and am traveling with my son
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawshank: 4:02pm On Apr 13, 2017
drafrican:
Pls am on bended knees those that used henrico dr, s hospital what was ur bill with epidural for vaginal delivery
still searching for any mums going to henrico drs hospital april/may in richmond virginia
Epidural for vaginal delivery is 1450dollars at Henrico doctors. It is meant to be 1750dollars but they reduced to 1450dollars after repeated calls to please give a discount as per selfpay

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawshank: 4:11pm On Apr 13, 2017
Shawshank:

Epidural for vaginal delivery is 1450dollars at Henrico doctors. It is meant to be 1750dollars but they reduced to 1450dollars after repeated calls to please give a discount as per selfpay
Breakdown of my bills
Hosp fee for vag delivery- 2078
Doctors fee for vag delivery- 850
Epidural- 1450
Well baby- 264
Hearing test- 160 ( I declined)
1st doctors appointment- 110, subsequent ones-30
Lab- whole panel about 145 or so but the doctor accepts results from Nigeria
Pray for favour not to use epidural...
Let me know if you have any other question

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chiprettie: 4:26pm On Apr 13, 2017
ashedzi:
Happy Sunday 2 u all. I read someone saying that by 34weeks n 1 day, airlines calculate that as 35wks. Meaning if someone is 35wks as @ d time of ur trip,is calculated as 36wks. How true pls??

Not true! I travelled at 35 weeks and 4 days on emirates. Just take your fit to fly showing your Edd. The do copies of it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 6:28pm On Apr 13, 2017
Thank you so much @shawshank
Pls how much was your paediatricians fees they refused to give me a quote that it can be from $300 to $3000
Were you able to settle your bills before discharge and pls what was the process for getting the birth certificate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 6:29pm On Apr 13, 2017
@ chiprettie been trying to reach you pls inbox me ur details am in maryland now .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2017
drafrican:
Thank you so much @shawbabe
Pls how much was your paediatricians fees they refused to give me a quote that it can be from $300 to $3000

Loool na Shawshank oh. No be me grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2017
Shawbabe:

Loool na Shawshank oh. No be me grin
No mind me o your babe don dey under pressure
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Jomikish: 7:45pm On Apr 13, 2017
Peoples! Great to see this thread still thriving. Biko, I'm on my second journey back. Lol. Applied via Dropbox and was invited for an interview. Plus, 221g was attached and the column marked was for me to speak to an interviewing officer. Advise required pls...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 7:56pm On Apr 13, 2017
Carry all documents like a first timer .finance employment invitation letter but most importantly zero balance and proof all bills were paid,notify the hospital and dr u used that embassy may contact them (I did that but wasn't called for interview)pray well.
All d best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by 4lakemi: 8:17pm On Apr 13, 2017
Hello Everyone, please does anyone have experience with Newark New Jersey POE for pregnant women. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawshank: 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2017
drafrican:
Were you able to settle your bills before discharge and pls what was the process for getting the birth certificate
What is your email addy?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawshank: 9:40pm On Apr 13, 2017
drafrican:
What is your email addy?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 9:47pm On Apr 13, 2017
Shawshank:

What is your email addy?

Drafrican15@gmail.com
Thank you so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Marylandmama: 9:48pm On Apr 13, 2017
@drafrican, I tried replying your PM but it bounced back.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chiprettie: 10:52pm On Apr 13, 2017
drafrican:
Hello dear! I'm currently in virginia. Using henrico Dr's hospital in richmond. Epidural was quoted 1450. Incase you are unaware they have increased their hospital bill to 4200 and 1k for baby a total of 5200. That's the new price. But if u got the old quote from the hospital and you have it printed out, they will honour the old price.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vlesparza: 12:44am On Apr 14, 2017
chiprettie:

Hello dear! I'm currently in virginia. Using henrico Dr's hospital in richmond. Epidural was quoted 1450. Incase you are unaware they have increased their hospital bill to 4200 and 1k for baby a total of 5200. That's the new price. But if u got the old quote from the hospital and you have it printed out, they will honour the old price.

This was confirmed today by a patient that re-routed to El Paso. She mentioned she was never given exact prices with pediatrics and did not want to risk needing the epidural.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 12:45am On Apr 14, 2017
Good evening chiprettie I have the print out dr wf gives for $2078 and 250 where are you staying at can u send me ur mail or no
Let's talk
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 1:09am On Apr 14, 2017
Ok so basically the bill in Virginia is now
Hospital 4500 for vaginal
Baby 1000 (Donno if this is paediatrician or baby's hospital bill)
Well baby 264
Hearing test 110
Epidural 1450 for vaginal 1550 for c/a
Dr wf 850 vaginal 1500 for c/s
Drs visit 110 then $30 there after
Labs 145
Aproximately $8500 for epidural and $6800
Without epidural
Accommodation in Virginia is like 1k/1k5 ish a month except you are sharing.
Isorait

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dami20: 2:55am On Apr 14, 2017
sehawale:

Desoul, I pm'ed you please. Please reply as soon as you can. I need info on how to apply for VOAfor my LO. I want to know if New York consulate has passport booklet too before I pay online on Innovate for a Passport. I have little time left before my travel date. Thanks.

Yes they have passport booklet and you can process and collect your passport same day

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sexymj(f): 4:18am On Apr 14, 2017
I read somewhere abt uploading payments/ zero balance online. Please can someone help me with that?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Waliwa: 10:52am On Apr 14, 2017
Hi everyone, I'd like to share my POE journey.

I made my first missionary journey in 2015 to Chicago. That went well. I got my visa before I was pregnant but did not know about sending a change of intent letter then and so did not. However on entry, I disclosed that I was there to have a baby and my entry took less than 3 minutes.

For baby number 2, I applied specifically for the B2 visa, as I was already pregnant at the time of application. I applied via Dropbox and received the visa a week later or so without an interview.

I read through Nairaland page to page and also based on advice received, decided to avoid the Chicago POE by flying Delta. However, as fate would have it, my Delta flight was cancelled and we were eventually placed on KLM so we still ended up flying directly into Chicago from Amsterdam on Sunday, April 9.

At the POE, the officer took our passports (mine, my daughter and mother's). He took our fingerprints and photos before asking for the purpose of our trip.

Me: I'm here to give birth to my baby
CBP: Why?
Me: On the advice of my doctor as I'm over 40.
CBP: How much do you have on you?
I told him. He pressed a button on his desk and a few moments later, another CBP showed up to collect our passport.

Ist CBP: Ma'am, please go with my colleague. We have more questions to ask you.

We were taken to a room on the side, where there were other travelers.

My daughter was so relieved to leave the confines of the plane and made it her duty to parade the entire room and befriend all the other young children there, whether they were interested in playing with her or not....

My mother brought out her phone to start reading bible passages. I told her that she could not use her phone there and she put it away.

After about 25 minutes, I was called into their office. The officer was very friendly and warm.

CBP: why are you here today?
Me: To have a baby
CBP: When are you due?
Told him
CBP: Do you have any documentation to show this
Me: Yes, I do.

I brought out my doctor's report from Lagos.

Me: I have some photocopies in here...
CBP: That's okay. Just bring it all out.

I showed them the report, my fit to fly, invoice from the doctor.

Me: I made a deposit already.
CBP: Oh, I see that you've paid xxxx and you have Bleep left. That's great! Is this your second baby?
Me: Yes
CBP: Okay, so baby number 1 is the one running around outside?
Me: Yes
Brought out my statement from the last baby

CBP: And this is the same doctor you used the last time.

He scrolls through and looks at the bottom of the page
CBP: Ah, zero balance. Great! How much do you have on you?

Told him.
CBP: Since it's over $10,000, you will need to fill out a form. It's fine to bring in more than $10,000 but you just need to declare it.
Me: Okay
CBP: And you have been to the US many times before.....
Me: Yes, I went to school here...
CBP: And you worked here for a few years too.... What do you do now?

I told him.

CBP: Awesome! Sounds great! We are fine with people coming to give birth to their babies in the United States, but we want to make sure that they are able to pay for it. And it looks like you're well prepared.

All this while, he's been typing away.

CBP: Okay, you're all good to go. I had already stamped your mother's passport, so let me go ahead and stamp yours.
Do you know what you're having?

Me: Yes, I do.
I told him.

CBP: Oh that's wonderful. Congratulations. Enjoy your time in the States.

Me: Thank you very much.

I went outside and told my mum that we were good to go.

We were asked to fill out a form for the currency declaration.

The guy said: Don't sorry. I will do all the work. You just sign.

He didn't count the money.

And we were on our way.

The information on Nairaland was invaluable and helped prepare me for this trip, so thank you to everyone who has shared their experiences and other information here. Typically, I don't stress about traveling, but with all the stories heard, especially in January and a February of pregnant women being turned back and other travelers with valid travel reasons being turned back or mistreated at the airport, I did start to worry.

However, like others have pointed out, it's crucial to have all your documents together, especially balance from previous deliveries in the US and to be able to demonstrate ability to pay.

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by opegirl: 11:09am On Apr 14, 2017
@ drafrica, thanks for the update. Want to enquire is this bill for virginal delivery because of the price you quoted for Dr w.f because I know the hospital price for virginaland csection are different.
I made use of henrico's doctor on the 6th of March and these were the bills paid
1. DR WF paid 1,500 for csection ,110 for first visit n subsequent 30 for other visit.
2. For the hospital I paid 2750 for self n 300 for child
3. Anesthesiologist for csection 1 paid 1550 for selfpay(that's the discounted price already)
4. Witj the paedetrician please you all need to be careful. Was given the price after discharge and I was surprised when they gave me 1350. Called to ask why and I was told for everytime the paedetrician visited the baby I was billed in tune of 450. Please who does that, bearing in mind that the baby is a new born n will definitely need to be check on while at the hospital by the doctor. I guess that's why they don't tell patients the charges because it's really on the high side. The consultant for henrico paedetrician is( Sheridan )they are the one you are paying the bill to and not the hospital. The hospital bill for a child is called child well being Or something . Anyway I told them am self pay n the price need to be adjusted. A 25% discount was given with a clause that from the day the price was reduced I was given month deadline to pay if not the price will be returned to former rate.

With this new price it's obvious Virginia people ain't smiling anymore and they have noticed the increase of women making use of their services.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 12:13pm On Apr 14, 2017
opegirl:
@ drafrica, thanks for the update. Want to enquire is this bill for virginal delivery because of the price you quoted for Dr w.f because I know the hospital price for virginaland csection are different.
I made use of henrico's doctor on the 6th of March and these were the bills paid
1. DR WF paid 1,500 for csection ,110 for first visit n subsequent 30 for other visit.
2. For the hospital I paid 2750 for self n 300 for child
3. Anesthesiologist for csection 1 paid 1550 for selfpay(that's the discounted price already)
4. Witj the paedetrician please you all need to be careful. Was given the price after discharge and I was surprised when they gave me 1350. Called to ask why and I was told for everytime the paedetrician visited the baby I was billed in tune of 450. Please who does that, bearing in mind that the baby is a new born n will definitely need to be check on while at the hospital by the doctor. I guess that's why they don't tell patients the charges because it's really on the high side. The consultant for henrico paedetrician is( Sheridan )they are the one you are paying the bill to and not the hospital. The hospital bill for a child is called child well being Or something . Anyway I told them am self pay n the price need to be adjusted. A 25% discount was given with a clause that from the day the price was reduced I was given month deadline to pay if not the price will be returned to former rate.

With this new price it's obvious Virginia people ain't smiling anymore and they have noticed the increase of women making use of their services.
Got here and noticed no one was really ans my Virginia questions and I was wondering ,till yday o.then someone pMed me it's now 4500 .
For vaginal (hospital bill )and 850 for dr WF for vaginal.
So pple don port just that my own second option is Michigan all inclusive for 9500(dr bill hospital baby drugs and all )
Pls what's the process to get a birth certificate In Virginia ,cos d last place I used hospital does it for you and u get it in ur mail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawshank: 12:31pm On Apr 14, 2017
drafrican:

Got here and noticed no one was really ans my Virginia questions and I was wondering ,till yday o.then someone pMed me it's now 4500 .
So pple don port just that my own second option is Michigan all inclusive for 9500(dr bill hospital baby drugs and all )
Pls what's the process to get a birth certificate In Virginia ,cos d last place I used hospital does it for you and u get it in ur mail
@drafrica can you call me.Mailed you my number. I have tried calling you on watsapp severally but cant get through to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawshank: 12:34pm On Apr 14, 2017
drafrican:

For the birth certificate , take a 12dollar money order from walmart with you when going to deliver. It will be mailed to you in about 2weeks but you have to keep calling the vital statistics office to let them know you need it urgently or you keep it up at d vital statistics office of Virginia yourself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.