Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977260 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by barinem: 2:56am On Apr 09, 2017
Am mid July Mum will be in El paso by May 20th staying at INTOWN SUITS too we can connect if it's with el paso mum coming in by May June and July.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 4:47am On Apr 09, 2017
reniduke:

Its not the generic reply i had in my correspondence with us embassy. Its a separate email telling them i have written to them and asking them to offer me necessary assistance. I wouldnt have known its different if not that He read it out to his colleague.

Wow! I never hear this one before o. These embassy folks are not playing again o,they have stepped up their game.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MsDenise: 5:42am On Apr 09, 2017
reniduke:

Its not the generic reply i had in my correspondence with us embassy. Its a separate email telling them i have written to them and asking them to offer me necessary assistance. I wouldnt have known its different if not that He read it out to his colleague.

Hi @reniduke, I'm glad to hear your positive news. I've already received the generic email from the embassy.
Could I get a bit more info on the other email/contents you are referring to?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tutad: 6:15am On Apr 09, 2017
thanks very helpful.

lilred:
Infant luggage allowance is one piece of 23kg.

Piece Concept:
One extra piece of baggage in addition to your usual baggage allowance, regardless of cabin class. This extra piece must be 23kg (50 lb) or less, with total dimensions (length + width + height) not exceeding 115 cm (45 inches)

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tutad: 6:15am On Apr 09, 2017
thanks alot.
debby516:
For baby, 1 checked-in luggage not weighing more than 23kg and handluggage not more than 10kg. And they carry ur baby carseat/stroller free.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Coquette86(f): 11:13am On Apr 09, 2017
Hello..I'm new on this forum. Could someone please kindly recommend a reasonable hospital in dallas. Thank you and God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 2:18pm On Apr 09, 2017
Happy Sunday 2 u all. I read someone saying that by 34weeks n 1 day, airlines calculate that as 35wks. Meaning if someone is 35wks as @ d time of ur trip,is calculated as 36wks. How true pls??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mandex11: 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2017
just pm you
barinem:
Am mid July Mum will be in El paso by May 20th staying at INTOWN SUITS too we can connect if it's with el paso mum coming in by May June and July.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iphiechuks: 2:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
dyout:
Time to give back on our second POE and child birth:

DW got fit to fly from a Govt hospital and also did port health at the airport, paid 1500 Naira at MM1
On the 2nd of March, DW flew Qatar airline with 14 months super active son and mom to Dallas, had a lay over in Doha accompanied with a hotel.
Got to Dallas about 15:25hrs

DW: Good day sir,
CBP: U welcome to America, how was ur flight?
DW: Fine thank you
CBP: can i have your passport?
CBP: what are u here for?
DW: to have to baby, (CBP was surprised)
CBP: How much do u have
DW: $8k
CBP: Make sure ur pay ur bills and keep your receipts, gave her passport without stamp

While exiting the terminal another CBP intercepted her can i see your passport? DW gave him her passport then told her to follow me (secondary inspection).

CBP: What are you here for?
DW: to have my baby and vacation
CBP: why are you always coming here to give birth? infact i will write to the embassy.
DW: told him it is not a crime to give birth here.
CBP: How much do u have on u?
DW: $8k
CBP: how much is your bill?
DW: about $6k
CBP: That is too little
DW: because i am a self pay patience. Now asked him (CBP), How much did u pay for your childbirth
CBP: about $12k
DW: Because your are using insurance right?
CBP: oh...yea that is true
CBP: stamp her in for 6months.

After getting Tarrant county temporary ID, becos DW sis leaves there. However, she was able to get two Doctor's appointment, check up and also paid for the VD hospital & Doc's fee at (JPS) $4,500.

During one of her routine check up they noticed she has High blood pressure and wanted to admit her, she refused and signed against medical advice. DW told them she knows the reason, that she needs to rest a little. Thereafter, the result was okay.

On the 28th of march the hospital Director saw her records and called her to come for delivering of the 30th which was against what she agreed with the other doctor's to come at 37 weeks. She went on the 30th and was 3cm dilated, she was given oxytocin which now helped her dilated upto 5cm for more than 7hrs. On the 31st of March DW gave birth to twin girls miraculously at 36 weeks plus 2 days, she gave birth thru VD when they were about taken her into the theater for CS. DW and Lo's are doing great, they were discharged on the 2nd of April.

i give thank to the Almighty God who made it possible. No Pre-nursing, No NICU, No CS, No Epidural. Baba God thank you.

Expectant mom, Your case shall like the Hebrew woman in the Bible.

Breakdown of the other bills, will be coming in soon. paed, lab work etc

congrats! Pls can u share d hospital used in Dallas? I will be traveling to Dallas in August for birthing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by reniduke(f): 3:00pm On Apr 09, 2017
MsDenise:

Hi @reniduke, I'm glad to hear your positive news. I've already received the generic email from the embassy.
Could I get a bit more info on the other email/contents you are referring to?

I also got the generic reply that everyone gets. It just happens that us embassy nigeria sent a seperate email to them poe people. Now I dont know if they do this for all the people who send them change of intent letter. I also would never have known it was a different email from my generic correspondence email if not that the excited officer called his colleague to come and see and then read it out.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by reniduke(f): 3:03pm On Apr 09, 2017
reniduke:
Please I want to port to Atlanta. Dr Tate is very busy so my appointment date with him is far. Please is there any other emory doctor that u guyz have used. Just the name is fine, ill do my research from there.
Anyone able to help me here?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by barinem: 3:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
Mandex11:
just pm you

Try to reply but is not working, you can send me email is okay, are you in Elpaso already? Or still in naija am in USA right now but not in Elpaso yet will be there in May.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Terese69: 8:31pm On Apr 09, 2017
Hi Iphie,

I'm a Dallas bound Mama hopefully mid/late August.

I had my daughter at Baylor Scott and White, White Rock Lake, Dallas in 2015. My entire medical bill all-inclusive was $7,031 but for a vaginal delivery. Don't know about CS but you can find out.

No idea about tickets, I'll be flying from Lagos and I haven't started looking seriously. Have you found cheaper options yet?

What accommodation options are you looking at?

iphiechuks:
Good day beautiful pple,

Any Dallas bound Mama for Late July or early Aug

I will love to know how to shop for reasonable ticket from Abuja to Fort Worth Dallas. The ones that I am seeing are too expensive, a little below 2mil for myself and my 2year old boy.

I dont know if there is other cheaper hospital that anyone on this thread has used, I used Medical Centre of Plano in 2015 and had emergency CS, I was charged over 11k.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by happyday: 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2017
TWoods:

So why do you need a visa to the United States then? cheesy You're a joke dude.

Its absolutely nauseating to see how dishonesty has become so endemic in the Nigerian society that speaking against it has become equivalent to "forming saint". I wish i could take back all those hours wasted praying for Nigeria.

You gave up on Nigeria already?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 1:10am On Apr 10, 2017
ashedzi:
Happy Sunday 2 u all. I read someone saying that by 34weeks n 1 day, airlines calculate that as 35wks. Meaning if someone is 35wks as @ d time of ur trip,is calculated as 36wks. How true pls??

That is how Qatar calculates theirs. I'm not sure about other airlines!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oppaxy: 6:43am On Apr 10, 2017
Hello everyone,

Please assist with info abt the notary form for baby's passport. I understand you fo not need to schedule an appointment, can be done on "walk in"

- can it be done any day and time (working hour) of the week at the embassy in Lagos?
-- what's the cost?
- for the fort bend county, do they accept other forms of notary apart from d US embassy?
- where can the form to be notarized be gotten form? Pls share d link.

Thanks for the usual support.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 9:00am On Apr 10, 2017
as far as i know with turkish 35weeks is from its first day to day 6 and it is on their website. perhaps you should refer to the site of the specific airline for more clarification
ashedzi:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 9:46am On Apr 10, 2017
oppaxy:
Hello everyone,

Please assist with info abt the notary form for baby's passport. I understand you fo not need to schedule an appointment, can be done on "walk in"

- can it be done any day and time (working hour) of the week at the embassy in Lagos?
-- what's the cost?
- for the fort bend county, do they accept other forms of notary apart from d US embassy?

You need to go to the US Embassy website to book an appointment.
Cost is US$50
Not sure what you mean by for the Fort Bend county. Others may be able to help you on this request
Google form DS - 3053 that is the form you are looking for
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JMarines: 11:18am On Apr 10, 2017
Hello House.
Please any piece of information on any hospital in Houston that accepts Form A?
Also, how do I go about getting a Doctor's correspondence?
I am due first week in August, should be leaving for Houston first week in June. I will be glad to connect with Moms to be due this period.
Thank you loads❤️.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JMarines: 11:23am On Apr 10, 2017
muyiwaojo1:
Hello, please can u email me the name of the hospital and their email address. massimowright8@gmail.com
Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 11:34am On Apr 10, 2017
anonymousmum:

You need to go to the US Embassy website to book an appointment.
Cost is US$50
Not sure what you mean by for the Fort Bend county. Others may be able to help you on this request
Google form DS - 3053 that is the form you are looking for
Cc oppaxy
The notary form is actually free. Heard you can walk in without appointment. But it's safe to book before going if you don't want stories.

Congratulations dyout

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 11:42am On Apr 10, 2017
ozycy:

Cc oppaxy
The notary form is actually free. Heard you can walk in without appointment. But it's safe to book before going if you don't want stories.

Congratulations dyout

Hi Ozy, just to be clear, the form is free, but is the notary service at the embassy free?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lopeeb: 11:56am On Apr 10, 2017
hello
pls kindly send me dr Z details lopee501@yahoo.com
intend using oakbend in August

Kween2014:
Lmao...I know right.

I am an October mum too using Dr Z and Oakbend in Houston. I used Dr La and WHMC in 2014 when i had my daughter. Hoping for an equally awesome experience at Oakbend this year.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iphiechuks: 12:46pm On Apr 10, 2017
Hello Dear Terese69, thanks so much. Did u use epidural? I will also be heading to Dallas Mid August pls let's keep in touch.

Concerning ticket, I have not started searching seriously.
Terese69:
Hi Iphie,

I'm a Dallas bound Mama hopefully mid/late August.

I had my daughter at Baylor Scott and White, White Rock Lake, Dallas in 2015. My entire medical bill all-inclusive was $7,031 but for a vaginal delivery. Don't know about CS but you can find out.

No idea about tickets, I'll be flying from Lagos and I haven't started looking seriously. Have you found cheaper options yet?

What accommodation options are you looking at?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Terese69: 2:14pm On Apr 10, 2017
Yes. I used epidural and I paid $700 for it.

Will definitely keep in touch.

Will you be putting up with family or renting a place in Dallas?

iphiechuks:
Hello Dear Terese69, thanks so much. Did u use epidural? I will also be heading to Dallas Mid August pls let's keep in touch.

Concerning ticket, I have not started searching seriously.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Terese69: 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2017
The service is free. The $50 fee does not apply to notarising a Statement of Consent i.e form DS-3053.

anonymousmum:

Hi Ozy, just to be clear, the form is free, but is the notary service at the embassy free?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 3:44pm On Apr 10, 2017
happyday:

You gave up on Nigeria already?

Nigeria is a nation, only in the minds of the deluded and those who have no other choice.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 4:00pm On Apr 10, 2017
[quote author=freshdad post=55434760]as far as i know with turkish 35weeks is from its first day to day 6 and it is on their website.

Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 4:02pm On Apr 10, 2017
oppaxy:
Hello everyone,

-- what's the cost?

Yes, you can notarise your form with any notary public. It will be accepted in Houston passport office
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YoungMetrosG(f): 4:04pm On Apr 10, 2017
Hey!!! Epidural is now a flat $1k. Company in charge is called Noble Anaesthesia

Terese69:
Yes. I used epidural and I paid $700 for it.

Will definitely keep in touch.

Will you be putting up with family or renting a place in Dallas?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Terese69: 4:14pm On Apr 10, 2017
Shoot! That's right. I conveniently forgot you had told me that before.. lol

YoungMetrosG:
Hey!!! Epidural is now a flat $1k. Company in charge is called Noble Anaesthesia

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by uwauche: 5:53pm On Apr 10, 2017
pls am a new member here, and am really interested in getting accomodation in Houston, my hospital is Methodist hospital sugarland thou. it's my first time,wouldnt mind sharing with people to reduce cost and have company too. am going by June 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.