Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977812 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kodylicky(f): 12:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
glogirl:
Please I need clarification on the consent form or ds4053 filled by DH .

Must it be notarized at the American embassy of can it be done at our courts? Am in California right now and waiting for the copy sent by DH that was notarized in high court. However I came across a link that says only American embassy notarization is accepted.
This has confused me as I have only 2 weeks to my return date. Has anyone processed us passport for LO recently with Nigerian court notary? Especially in California?

Please respond.

Thank you.

I'm presently in LA and just finished my son's passport. .. DH got a notary lawyer to notarise the form.. It must not be done at the embassy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by glogirl(f): 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
Thank you very much for your response. I don't need to stress anymore about it.
kodylicky:

I'm presently in LA and just finished my son's passport. .. DH got a notary lawyer to notarise the form.. It must not be done at the embassy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Laboogie: 4:56pm On Apr 22, 2017
Good Evening All,

Please for those who have been to elpaso , which of the hotels is okay and affordable . Your opinions will be appreciated.

And anyone going in may ...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DaTma(f): 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
Goodevening beautiful people, i am new here and will hearty appreciate all the help i can get to birth my LO in US from visa, hospital and accommodation...Do i start by booking a doctor? which? please your kind assistance is needed... thank you very much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 6:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
DaTma:
Goodevening beautiful people, i am new here and will hearty appreciate all the help i can get to birth my LO in US from visa, hospital and accommodation...Do i start by booking a doctor? which? please your kind assistance is needed... thank you very much

I'm going to help you...

1. Get a pen and jotter

2. Go to page 1 of this thread...

3. Start reading....

Thank me later..... cool

P.S. Taking screen shots of vital posts?, very important.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
For starters you should have a city in mind. If not then decide on one after which you google hospitals there and contact doctors there too. Then go with your doctor's correspondence as one of the documents you will take for you interview.
You can also search here for some other information.
DaTma:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by elizabetha(f): 7:31pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hi everyone, in the spirit of giving back, I’ll drop my POE experience as best as I can remember. Still getting accustomed to the time difference though….

Flew Qatar Airways at 32+ weeks plus as a FTM from Lagos to Dallas via Doha. I had previously gotten a signed doctor’s fit to fly letter, signed/stamped MEDIF form and signed/stamped Medical certificate form via my Doctor and sent same to the Qatar email address (losreservation@ng.qatarairways.com) 4 days before my travel date & obtained an approval mail from Qatar Airways a day to my departure date. I arrived Lagos MMA International and on passing my bag through the scanner at the entrance, I was asked by the security guy what I had in the rubber container in my bag (**I had packed a small rubber container of oil which was frozen**). I promptly told him the contents and he initially seized it telling me it was supposed to be prohibited but later allowed me to take it in.

On checking in my bags at the check in counter, a customs officer again saw the oil in the rubber container, asked if it was frozen and allowed me carry it (even helped me hide it…lol). The rest of the Check in process went smoothly, I was only asked for my fit to fly documents which I gave to the staff at the check in counter (I had at least 5 copies each of the doctor’s fit to fly letter, MEDIF, Medical certificate, approval email from Qatar and even port health fit to fly all stapled together – thanks to the meticulous nature of DH; he made sure every document I needed for the trip from doctor’s correspondence letter, US embassy response, hotel booking, budget sheet, prepaid hospital receipt etc. was printed, with backups to detail). The guy at the counter was really impressed and exclaimed “I see you came prepared oh”. He asked who printed all these documents, I told him it was DH and he just nodded & smiled. I completed check-in, went through Nigerian immigration like a breeze and boarded the plane to Doha.

……..Fast forward to Doha where I had a layover of about 8 hrs.
Check in for the flight from Doha to Dallas and while waiting to board the plane, I was called out and a white American Man (looked cool & calm and was wearing a nice suit) approached me. I kinda of suspected he was with US immigration/ CBP. He interviewed me as follows;

White American Man: Why are you travelling to the US?
Me: For childbirth
White American Man: Why the US?
Me: For better health care
White American Man: Have you contacted a Doctor/Hospital and do you have a doctor’s correspondence?
Me: Yes I have.
White American Man: How much will it cost?
Me: Bleep*
White American Man: How much is your budget?
Me: Bleep*
White American Man: How much do you have on you?
Me: Bleep* in cash and Bleep* in my card
White American Man: Do you work?
Me: No I don’t but my husband does.
White American Man: what does your husband do?
Me: My husband is an Engineer. He works with “bleep*” company
White American Man: Oh! He’s an Engineer, that’s cool. (He nodded his head & smiled).

He became more friendly and even engaged in small chit-chat about if I had checked the sex of my baby, what I wanted (I told I wanted a boy) etc. He then said “Don’t worry you will have a boy (i.e. be it unto you according to your word.. lol). Thereafter I was allowed to board the plane. The air hostesses were very friendly and nice. The head air-hostess introduced herself and told me to inform her if I needed anything. I immediately asked for a seat where I could stretch my legs and she got me a row where I had all 3 seats to myself so I could stretch as much as I like and be comfortable. I got all the help and assistance I needed including lots of water to stay hydrated, extra lays potato chips, blankets etc.

Doha to Dallas flight time – approx. 16hrs; definitely not for the fainthearted.

……..Fast forward to Dallas POE
Landed about 5:00pm local time and exited the plane with my backpack. Someone got a wheel chair for me and wheeled me to the POE where I met a long line of passengers. I was then wheeled to the front of another line where there were self-service machines. Tried twice to use the self-service machine but my passport and visa page was not scanning so I was wheeled to meet the CBP officer. The following ensued;

Me: Good afternoon (smiling n hands passports and immigration landing card)
CBP Officer: Why are you in the US?
Me: For Child birth
CBP Officer: Do you have a Dr’s correspondence and what is your Dr’s name?
Me: Yes I do. His name is Julio No….Can’t remember his surname. Would you like to see the Doctor’s letter? * *I made gesture to show him the Doctor’s letter but he waved it off**.
CBP Officer: No, that won’t be necessary. Have you prepaid your medical bill?
Me: Yes, I have paid half of it.
CBP Officer: How much do you have on you?
Me: Bleep* in cash and Bleep* in card.
CBP Officer: (nodded his head). Already started stamping my passport.
CBP Officer: That means you are gonna stay at Extended Stay America, Elpaso?
Me: No, I will stay at Bleep*

He gave me back my passport and I noticed he stamped me in for 6 months. That was it. He didn’t ask me how long I wanted to stay, no documents checked, no secondary inspection. All my documents remained in my bag pack. Total time at the POE was less than 10mins.

Went straight to Agric, where my bags were passed through the scanner. Was asked what I had in them and I told them I had dried crayfish, garri, melon seeds etc. My bag was handed back to me and I was allowed to go it....nothing was seized (was grateful my oil wasn’t seized), infact one of the officers even helped me with my bag.

I subsequently boarded my connecting flight (American Airlines) to Elpaso. On touching down at Elpaso, couldn’t find my bags, so I made a formal complaint at the airlines counter and was told my bags were still somehow in Dallas. I was asked for a forwarding address and the colour of my bags which I supplied and then took a cab to my Hotel accommodation. Bags were delivered next day at my accommodation and even though I discovered they were opened by TSA (Transportation Security Agency) nothing was taken or seized. I thank Baba God that nothing was seized because I love my naija delicacies cooked with naija ingredients especially the oil.

Currently making beans and plantain in my hotel accommodation and awaiting the arrival of my LO. Thank God for HIS goodness and the safe trip!

I hope this helps someone planning to travel through Qatar Airways to Dallas.

Sorry for the long post.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ebonychic18(f): 8:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
So happy for you. Congrats.
elizabetha:
Hi everyone, in the spirit of giving back, I’ll drop my POE experience as best as I can remember. Still getting accustomed to the time difference though….

Sorry for the long post.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
Even the palm oil has a POE story grin

Congratulations

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 12:19am On Apr 23, 2017
anonymousmum:
Even the palm oil has a POE story grin

Congratulations

As in.... The importance of that oil 2her is so evident by the no of times she mentioned it grin grin

Congrats @elizabetha

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by preshus17l: 4:18am On Apr 23, 2017
Good evening everyone,

Thank you guys for giving me so much information before my arrival.

So it's time to give back.
Arrived Washington DC on friday Morning 8:00am with my B1/B2 visa.

Got to the POE
CBP hello ma'am
Me: all smiles good morning
CBP : What did you come to do in America
ME: I came for a conference and also to have my baby
CBP: oh your pregnant
Me : yes ma'am
CBP: Where are you staying,
ME : with a friend in Maryland, she is a student.
CBP: how much do you have
Me : I have $8000 with my dollar master card
CBP: can the card be used here
Me: yes ma'am
CBP: make sure you pay all your bills with zero bal receipt so that you yo won't be refused entrance to America next time.
ME: ok ma'am I will
CBP: Welcome to America
She stamped me in for Six months and said that all you can go.

This didn't take 5minutes
Then got to the second POE for luggage check,
CBP: what do you have in your bag
Me: egusi, ogbono, fish, Maggi and other
CBP: hope you don't have Ororo I said no.
CBP: have made arrangement with the hosipta you want to use,
I
ME: in Washington not really but a hospital sent me bills from Chicago, I brought out the paper and showed him.
CBP: what do you do for work
Me: I told him
CBP: how many kids do you have
Me : I told him
CBP: who is taking care of them
Me : I told him
CBP: ok have a nice time and have a safe delivery.
Me : thank you very much Bye.......

When we landed in Washington, I went to the rest room brushed my mouth and added some makeup so I was French enough to look into anybodys eyes.

Pls stop if you have a B1/B2 visa you can go into America to give Birth all you need is to be confident and have enough funds to pay ur bills.
I won't advice you go on vacation first before coming back to give birth that a whole lot of expenses. Just prepare yourself confidently and everything will be fine.

I don tire to type. Take care.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DaTma(f): 7:17am On Apr 23, 2017
chibertha:
For starters you should have a city in mind. If not then decide on one after which you google hospitals there and contact doctors there too. Then go with your doctor's correspondence as one of the documents you will take for you interview.
You can also search here for some other information.
thank you for your respond, the city I have in mind is new York city because that's the only place I have family but I learnt is expensive, secondly reading the host/guest stories is giving me concerns already...will do my research like you've advice on get back to you.. I appreciate

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DaTma(f): 7:17am On Apr 23, 2017
modath:

I'm going to help you...

1. Get a pen and jotter

2. Go to page 1 of this thread...

3. Start reading....

Thank me later..... cool

P.S. Taking screen shots of vital posts?, very important.
thank you for your respond, doing that now...I appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 7:26am On Apr 23, 2017
DaTma:

thank you for your respond, doing that now...I appreciate

Waoh... shocked shocked shocked .... You took that so well that i now feel so so inclined to actually help in the real sense.... so many people take exception to it & throw barbed sarcasm back.....

Are you willing to consider other places apart from new york? Can you survive solo? Do you have a visa?

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DaTma(f): 10:07am On Apr 23, 2017
modath:

Waoh... shocked shocked shocked .... You took that so well that i now feel so so inclined to actually help in the real sense.... so many people take exception to it & throw barbed sarcasm back.....

Are you willing to consider other places apart from new york? Can you survive solo? Do you have a visa?

Yes I am willing to consider other places that will not shave my head with high cost. I believe I can try surviving solo since I will not like to come across as a burden to anyone...No I haven't gotten a visa yet... thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Colouredgirl: 12:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
You write this one well...

Are you willing to consider other places apart from new york? Can you survive solo? Do you have a visa?[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 12:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
DaTma:

Yes I am willing to consider other places that will not shave my head with high cost. I believe I can try surviving solo since I will not like to come across as a burden to anyone...No I haven't gotten a visa yet... thank you

Azzin! Humility exalts a man!

Well, you have a long hurdle ahead of you. But no time to say no time.

First of call, contact doctoresparati, their ad is running down here. They will make the process easiest for you. From visa processing to delivery and paperwork. You will pay them enrollment fees and a small token to get the doctors letter. You can now use that to chase visa.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DaTma(f): 1:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
nefertitiram:

Azzin! Humility exalts a man!

Well, you have a long hurdle ahead of you. But no time to say no time.

First of call, contact doctoresparati, their ad is running down here. They will make the process easiest for you. From visa processing to delivery and paperwork. You will pay them enrollment fees and a small token to get the doctors letter. You can now use that to chase visa.

OK thanks alot...I just did as you advice but doctoresparati clearly states they do not undergo VBAC, will appreciate any other contact that do this since VBAC is my option...thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 2:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
DaTma:

OK thanks alot...I just did as you advice but doctoresparati clearly states they do not undergo VBAC, will appreciate any other contact that do this since VBAC is my option...thank you

Go to the search bar above, put in vbac in travel, a few answers will jump out at you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FinanceFitness: 4:08pm On Apr 23, 2017
Hi, used Ramada in 2014 - $55 per night.

There's also in town suites, but we heard a lot of not so good reviews and tales about them.

Laboogie:
Good Evening All,

Please for those who have been to elpaso , which of the hotels is okay and affordable . Your opinions will be appreciated.

And anyone going in may ...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Terese69: 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
DaTma:

You can check out @olokings posts. His wife had a VBAC in Dallas if you are willing to consider Dallas.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FinanceFitness: 4:16pm On Apr 23, 2017
Just wondering, is Vietnam not one of those countries the US is sensitive to? Hmmm...I'll say, please try...

catherine089:
with the fact that ive been out of the country for so long and my hubby hasnt been around for awhile. Pls the gurus in the house should help a sister out. Thanks so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Teefinix3: 5:53pm On Apr 23, 2017
Congratulations Elizabeth...
I an considering Qatar and also elpaso/Dallas. Right now,am finding it difficult to get doctors correspondence from Dallas and seriously looking at elpaso. I ve received a mail from doctores but since am hoping for vbac...I intend to get a doctor personally and also contact del Sol on my own.
Pls did u use doctores or u did an independent contact to ur Hosp/Dr...
I really need ur assistance.
I ve pm you.
Thanks.

elizabetha:

Sorry for the long post.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:53pm On Apr 23, 2017
FinanceFitness:
Just wondering, is Vietnam not one of those countries the US is sensitive to? Hmmm...I'll say, please try...

No it is not
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by biolarh: 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2017
Pls house I need ur help,the doctor corresp frm an hospital in texas(nycolas xydas woman center) it was introduced by a frnd and in the letter it was stated that the delivery will be done at houston north west medical center.it stated in the letter that money is not allowed in advance and the delivery for cs is 2200dollars which covers all office visit,the delivery and so on
My question is if asked by the VO aw much is my budget,wot should I say with the amt frm the correspon? And is the amt not too small cos am seeing 10,000dollars pls house
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 10:04pm On Apr 23, 2017
Someone with experience pls, btw Turkish Airline n Egypt air which should be one's 1st Choice? Stating reasons will help in helping me make my decision , these 2 airlines seems so far 2 b the ones that the fares are not as high as others originating from Abuja.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by barinem: 10:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
[quote author=Laboogie post=55812574]Good Evening All,

And anyone going in may ...[/quote

Hello Laboogie, I have not been to el paso but am going in may as well . Am going to be staying at intown suites, there are other hotels but if u want to save some cash then intown suites is ok from what I was told .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by uzyfine: 12:21am On Apr 24, 2017
Teefinix3:

Hi boluwagin.
Congrats on ur safe delivery. I was able to get in touch via mail to Dr stimage office and her prices were quoted. But the lady didn't include the hospital bills and told me to get in touch with the hospital myself.
Please how were u able to get in touch via mail to Baylor white Scott.
I will be needing the Hosp correspondence at the POE.
I ve sent a request to PM you.
Thanks

Hi boluwagi, congrats on ur safe delivery. Pls if u would be kind enough to provide me dr stimage email address and phone no u used to get in touch with them, I don't know how the pm thing works pls pm me so that I can mail u. Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:55am On Apr 24, 2017
Your budget is doctor's fee + hospital fee for you+ baby hospital fee + any test done fee+ spinal block fee + accommodation fee + etc
biolarh:
Pls house I need ur help,the doctor corresp frm an hospital in texas(nycolas xydas woman center) it was introduced by a frnd and in the letter it was stated that the delivery will be done at houston north west medical center.it stated in the letter that money is not allowed in advance and the delivery for cs is 2200dollars which covers all office visit,the delivery and so on
My question is if asked by the VO aw much is my budget,wot should I say with the amt frm the correspon? And is the amt not too small cos am seeing 10,000dollars pls house
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 8:28am On Apr 24, 2017
DaTma:

"High cost" is relative, what is high cost to A may be chicken feed to B.... What kind of budget are you working with? How long do you intend to stay?

You mentioned VBAC, are you going with your child? If you are, will your spouse or mum/MIL be joining you? Childcare when you are in the hospital to put to bed...

BTW. ... New York is a lil on the expensive side for goods and services so you have to factor that in as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.