Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978474 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2017
rex0105:
Dear Nairalander,

I urgently need help concerning my case which I'll explain below so you good people can grasp my condition and help out accordingly:

We applied for B1/B2 Tourist visa on the May 26th and to God be the glory it was issued to the entire family of four...myself, my wife, 5yrs and 3 yrs old boys. We were supposed to go to New York for the vacation by June but duty calls due to some urgent concern at my company and I had to return to my work station in Qatar where I'm working as an Engineer, we then agreed to postponed the vacation till January 2017 which would be my annual leave.

My wife called a week later that she think she was pregnant and I've been having a sleepless night ever since because a lot of things are at stake, I immediately begin to make inquiry how this new development would impact our chance of getting to US by January considering the pregnancy would be 7 months or thereabout and evident hence it can't be hidden from the officer at the POE.

I am capable to finance the birth of my child in the US but my challenge is...would they allows us entry into the US because I've heard series of advise from people....

- some said I should enter before the pregnancy becomes 3 months by when it would be obvious and noticed by the CBP
- some said even at 7 months, they will allow us entry provided we can show evidence of medical reports from a US hospital
- some said we'll be deny and the visa cancelled.

I can't leave Qatar now as my annual is not until January except I want to resign my position.

Pls good people, I need your advise cos decision needed to be made.

Thanks.

I don't see a problem since she wasn't pregnant at the time of your interview. Get your self prepared for the birthing( Dr,hospital,etc)

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Reine22: 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2017
See how many people have suddenly discovered pregnancies after their visa for vacation was approved. When TWoods starts talking you people will want to eat him raw lol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 2:33pm On Jun 18, 2017
goobyparks:
Hello lovely people !
Please this is my case:
I got a B1/B2 visa this June with hubby & son, said we were going on summer vacation next month. (Shld have read nairaland before doing that).
My EDD is November and I plan to travel October (i'm thinking of Texas coz I heard hospital is cheaper there, still researching abt that)
I can't write to embassy for change of intent coz I'm scared of rejection since I didn't declare that I will give birth there during d visa interview (tho I wasn't asked if I was pregnant, d VO jst faced only hubby). They might calculate and know that we lied
Now I think I'm left with looking for an easy POE.

Pls what do you all think? I need your good advice.
Also pls which POEs are easier?

That excuse is not tenable. At your visa interview, you were aware of your pregnancy and you obviously intended to have the child in the US, so you did lie at your interview about your true intentions for the visa - you claimed a vacation in july but your intended travel is in October.

1. There are no easy POEs - CBP officers are professionals and not every country is like Nigeria.
2. This is why letters of intent are not tenable, they are simply a scam, to help perpetuate deliberate misrepresentation at visa interviews.
3. You should have your vacation as planned in July.
4. Go have your baby in october... most likely you will have issues at the POE and/or when you renew your visa but at least one child will be a US citizen.

Sigh - why the average Nigerian can't just be straight for once astounds me. We could then save God's glory for more important things than wasting it on hoping to get by with lies at visa interviews.

Good luck.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 2:41pm On Jun 18, 2017
rex0105:
Dear Nairalander,

I urgently need help concerning my case which I'll explain below so you good people can grasp my condition and help out accordingly:

We applied for B1/B2 Tourist visa on the May 26th and to God be the glory it was issued to the entire family of four...myself, my wife, 5yrs and 3 yrs old boys. We were supposed to go to New York for the vacation by June but duty calls due to some urgent concern at my company and I had to return to my work station in Qatar where I'm working as an Engineer, we then agreed to postponed the vacation till January 2017 which would be my annual leave.

My wife called a week later that she think she was pregnant and I've been having a sleepless night ever since because a lot of things are at stake, I immediately begin to make inquiry how this new development would impact our chance of getting to US by January considering the pregnancy would be 7 months or thereabout and evident hence it can't be hidden from the officer at the POE.

I am capable to finance the birth of my child in the US but my challenge is...would they allows us entry into the US because I've heard series of advise from people....

- some said I should enter before the pregnancy becomes 3 months by when it would be obvious and noticed by the CBP
- some said even at 7 months, they will allow us entry provided we can show evidence of medical reports from a US hospital
- some said we'll be deny and the visa cancelled.

I can't leave Qatar now as my annual is not until January except I want to resign my position.

Pls good people, I need your advise cos decision needed to be made.

Thanks.

Ok first off, can we leave the clearly false "to God be the glory" out of this? God is not a respecter of fraudulent persons.

Your story is way too convenient:
1. You had your interview May 26, for a vacation in June... if this were true, you must have had travel plans already at advanced stages of planning, including where to stay, costs of flight tickets etc.
2. How is it that duty called so quickly and you've cancelled "vacation plans" within 2 weeks of obtaining the visa? So clearly there was never any intention of a vacation in June.
3. Your wife discovered she was pregnant a mere week after the visa interview and your "vacation" is now planned for January. By my calculation, your new "vacation" date is exactly around the time your wife would be about ready to have her baby. How convenient!

Sorry but your story sounds all too familiar, Nigerians who think they can basically pull the wool over the eyes of everyone, while claiming "God's glory".

Have no sleepless nights... the deed is done. Most likely the CBP officer will not deny you entry so go and have the baby as planned. More likely the biggest issue you will face is that your renewal visa will be denied, as it should.

Good luck.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 2:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
customised87:

I don't see a problem since she wasn't pregnant at the time of your interview. Get your self prepared for the birthing( Dr,hospital,etc)

Semantics. Not declaring your intent, even if you were not asked, is equivalent to misrepresentation here.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dhollargurl(f): 2:46pm On Jun 18, 2017
debby516:
Dont know the problem, cant reply, delivery error.
Okay, can you please just send it directly to dhollargurl@gmail.com ? Will be waiting, thanks. Btw, are u in ATL?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 2:51pm On Jun 18, 2017
Today is Super story day.

To the 1st poster in Qatar, since you are 'capable' of footing the bill for childbirth, then you should be able to afford the vacation has earlier stated during the interview.

Besides, i assume you had the 2 children in Nig, what has suddenly changed to birth this one abroad?

I usually dont do this, but i kind of share Twood's and Justwise' POV on this. People get pregnant everyday with afterthought of birthing in the US.

In my opinion, send your family on vacation has planned, not compulsory you join them. Besides, wont the kids be in school in June?

This your story get some k-leg sha but not like we have not read several stories like this on thia thread.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2017
Sent. I am in Naija.
Dhollargurl:

Okay, can you please just send it directly to dhollargurl@gmail.com ? Will be waiting, thanks. Btw, are u in ATL?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2017
Good advice is relative in this case.

Do your research as you have said and follow ur heart.
Why dont you go for summer next month as planned and then proceed for childbirth lateron.

Twood and Justwise may have some words for you.
goobyparks:
Hello lovely people !
Please this is my case:
I got a B1/B2 visa this June with hubby & son, said we were going on summer vacation next month. (Shld have read nairaland before doing that).
My EDD is November and I plan to travel October (i'm thinking of Texas coz I heard hospital is cheaper there, still researching abt that)
I can't write to embassy for change of intent coz I'm scared of rejection since I didn't declare that I will give birth there during d visa interview (tho I wasn't asked if I was pregnant, d VO jst faced only hubby). They might calculate and know that we lied

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2017
From what i have read today, i am of the view that some of us genuinely have fraudulent intent and this is not a matter of 'i didnt know it was legal to give birth in the US'. because if you had thot that it was truly illegal to give birth and you didnt disclose this at d interview, why then misrepresent during the visa interview with the intention of circumventing the law and deceiving the US officials for a false vacation, knowing ur intention is to birth your baby.

I am praying hard that I finish childbearing b4 Nigerians 'burn this bridge'.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 3:30pm On Jun 18, 2017
nefertitiram:

This one na stoooory. Y'all know how to remix this same story. She found she was preg after getting the visa *side eyes*

What stops wifey from traveling with the kids for the holiday in June if you cannot make it? Why is being preg giving sleepless nights abi it is on top going to US?

Na uncle Twoods go fit provide the appropriate answer.
Everyday same story,odikwa Egwu! i tire for people.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dhollargurl(f): 4:33pm On Jun 18, 2017
debby516:
Sent. I am in Naija.
Seen, thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 4:34pm On Jun 18, 2017
debby516:
From what i have read today, i am of the view that some of us genuinely have fraudulent intent and this is not a matter of 'i didnt know it was legal to give birth in the US'. because if you had thot that it was truly illegal to give birth and you didnt disclose this at d interview, why then misrepresent during the visa interview with the intention of circumventing the law and deceiving the US officials for a false vacation, knowing ur intention is to birth your baby.

I am praying hard that I finish childbearing b4 Nigerians 'burn this bridge'.

The bridge will always be there for genuine travelers. Rest assured.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by 0b100100111: 5:07pm On Jun 18, 2017
Why some people dey always carry another person matter for head like Gala! Almost everybody for the forum don turn CBP officer!

If u know get any positive thing say, keep mute and stop accusing like you position to do.

Embassy dey pay una?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
goobyparks:
Hello lovely people !
Please this is my case:

Same script different casts.
On to the next
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2017
TWoods:

That excuse is not tenable. At your visa interview, you were aware of your pregnancy and you obviously intended to have the child in the US, so you did lie at your interview about your true intentions for the visa - you claimed a vacation in july but your intended travel is in October.

1. There are no easy POEs - CBP officers are professionals and not every country is like Nigeria.
2. This is why letters of intent are not tenable, they are simply a scam, to help perpetuate deliberate misrepresentation at visa interviews.
3. You should have your vacation as planned in July.
4. Go have your baby in october... most likely you will have issues at the POE and/or when you renew your visa but at least one child will be a US citizen.

Sigh - why the average Nigerian can't just be straight for once astounds me. We could then save God's glory for more important things than wasting it on hoping to get by with lies at visa interviews.

Good luck.

You disappoint me. This is not the response I was expecting undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 5:22pm On Jun 18, 2017
0b100100111:
Why some people dey always carry another person matter for head like Gala! Almost everybody for the forum don turn CBP officer!

If u know get any positive thing say, keep mute and stop accusing like you position to do.

Embassy dey pay una?

Hmm! So what Twoods and co have been giving isn't advice? The truth is this process has and is always being abused and that fact being pointed out to change the mindset of most Nigerians is not out of place! Remember, the child you're going to give birth to will become an Americana, so if not corrected will pile up problems for them in the future. I will say that you should take your own medicine, advise them and stop castigating other people, who are trying to do right!

My own advice is for them to use the visa for the purposes they were gotten for and then proceed for the childbirth after. Otherwise, get ready to face the scrutiny at the renewal! As you lay your bed, so..........

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Golden222: 5:22pm On Jun 18, 2017
Derinoye:
Hello house I went for my interview today with hubby we were lucky to get an emergency date for us and our visa was granted all glory to God.
Please Elpaso mum, will be travelling nxth week let's connect please cause I need someone to share accommodation with my mail is fagsey@yahoo.com. any cheap flight to Elpaso please help me here o. Thanks
Hello. I sent u a pm. Kindly respond. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:22pm On Jun 18, 2017
0b100100111:

Embassy dey pay una?
angry

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 5:28pm On Jun 18, 2017
0b100100111:

Embassy dey pay una?

That right there, is the difference between the US and Nigeria... i bet you'd prefer your child had a US rather than a Nigerian passport. Ask yourself why... then read your post again.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by 0b100100111: 5:41pm On Jun 18, 2017
nefertitiram:

angry

Re u the V.O or CBP?

Leave for matter for Mathias
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:43pm On Jun 18, 2017
0b100100111:

Re u the V.O or CBP?

Leave for matter for Mathias

Mathias sef don check out like Andrew. Anyways, Nigeria go survive

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by 0b100100111: 5:51pm On Jun 18, 2017
Dwebb55:

Hmm! So what Twoods and co have been giving isn't advice? The truth is this process has and is always being abused and that fact being pointed out to change the mindset of most Nigerians is not out of place! Remember, the child you're going to give birth to will become an Americana, so if not corrected will pile up problems for them in the future. I will say that you should take your own medicine, advise them and stop castigating other people, who are trying to do right!

My own advice is for them to use the visa for the purposes they were gotten for and then proceed for the childbirth after. Otherwise, get ready to face the scrutiny at the renewal! As you lay your bed, so..........

I quite agree with you, But the approach of recent has been kinda harsh. Instead of leniently addressing the issue and proffering solution, Someone just bumps into you as if he/she was aware of your intention, financial status and plans.

If you what to attest to what am saying, go through the previous parts of this forum and and see how matters re being addressed and compare to present when all most everybody is a VO and CBP officer. Its a faceless forum and you ned to respect the fact that you dont know who you re addressing.

A little courtesy is just my point which solely is just about the use of some words when addressing matters.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Greatguy139: 6:05pm On Jun 18, 2017
0b100100111:

Embassy dey pay una?
Asin I tire

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 6:06pm On Jun 18, 2017
0b100100111:

I quite agree with you, But the approach of recent has been kinda harsh. Instead of leniently addressing the issue and proffering solution, Someone just bumps into you as if he/she was aware of your intention, financial status and plans.

If you what to attest to what am saying, go through the previous parts of this forum and and see how matters re being addressed and compare to present when all most everybody is a VO and CBP officer. Its a faceless forum and you ned to respect the fact that you dont know who you re addressing.

A little courtesy is just my point which solely is just about the use of some words when addressing matters.

To an extent i would agree with you and perhaps admit i may have been quite brusque with regard to some of my responses. However... you would also admit that a lot of our problem is that we are a society that expects to be "treated with respect" even when we are obviously breaking the law. Demanding respect, without character or integrity, is nothing. Now i'll try to address a few points in your note above:

1. Lets be honest, the intent of many here is glaringly obvious. Infact the very title of the thread makes it clear. Its lying about it that is the problem. If you are planning to have a child in the US, just admit so at your interview. Often times many complain that everyone has become a CBP officer, the part everyone tends to ignore is that the lies that others tell is why genuine travellers have a harder time obtaining visas. It is UNFAIR for others to have to jump through hoops to satisfy a visa officer just because the visa officers have had to deal with prior fraudulent applicants. We all deserve to be able to walk into a US embassy and not have to face embarrassing questions, intrusive requests and demeaning interview sessions just because the previous guy chose to present himself with false documents. So yeah, while we should not "carry people's problems like gala", their actions reflect negatively on everyone else... whether you like it or not. You're going to be the next pregnant family seeking a visa, don't be surprised if they don't believe your story regardless of how genuine it is.

For example - documents are no longer required for a visa interview in Nigeria... BECAUSE of the preponderance of FAKE documents. If you were applying for a visa in the US (or change of status), documents are required (because they can be verified easily). Documents are also required in other European countries. I remember a little over 15 years ago, an invitation letter used to be good enough to guarantee a visiting visa... well thanks to Nigerians with their "gala".

No one wants to be a CBP officer, but dear Lord help others to not have to constantly suffer the indignity of being treated with suspicion just for merely holding a green passport... because of your actions.

2. Financial status - if you can't afford to have a baby in the US, kindly have him/her in Nigeria. It is not worth it.

3. Plans - well, travel to the US is not the same as traveling to Ibadan. You would expect that someone who went through the process of applying for a visa has already made plans that are consistent with what they claimed at their interview.

Bottomline, there really is not excuse for lying... at all.

22 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by goobyparks(f): 6:12pm On Jun 18, 2017
ccemordi:
Wow its already part 5.. The ministry is growing hahaha..

This is our story... DW had our baby boy on the 29th of September and Dr La took the delivery, Everything went fine until my wife started reacting badly to epidural. Thank God shes fine now and we back to Nigeria Already. We were told 1 in every 10,000 women react to Epidural unfortunately she reacted and Thank God shes fine now..

Below is the breakdown of Cost incurred.
WHMC $4,200
DoctorLa $3,400
Circumcision $350
Aneth/epidural $1,200
Surgical Assistant 250
Lab/Blood work : $200
Pediatrician $700 for 6 visits ( 4 times at the Hospital ,one Post and one when baby had cold)
Birth Cert : $46 for 2 copies
Passport ...$165 .
E.T.C ... $380
Infant to Flight.. $96
If i remember any other bill i will post later.

I want to say a Big thank you to everyone on here and most especially the Gurus that dont ever get tired of answering questions even tho we are not paying them .... God bless your homes.....

Thank you Everyone....Cheers!

Pls what hospital?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 6:14pm On Jun 18, 2017
@ twoods, you owe no one apologies o.

People here don't like the undiluted truth. They prefer coated words. Lol

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2017
goobyparks:

Pls what hospital?

Just take a moment to read the post again. This time slooowly... The answer is right there

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2017
The American embassy should be investigated or maybe a special counsel need to be appointed to look into this issue of their visa and pregnancy. God fearing Nigerian women are getting pregnant immediately after getting American visa.

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mbamto: 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2017
A thousand likes for this post.
Well said Twoods
TWoods:

To an extent i would agree with you and perhaps admit i may have been quite brusque with regard to some of my responses. However... you would also admit that a lot of our problem is that we are a society that expects to be "treated with respect" even when we are obviously breaking the law. Demanding respect, without character or integrity, is nothing. Now i'll try to address a few points in your note above:

1. Lets be honest, the intent of many here is glaringly obvious. Infact the very title of the thread makes it clear. Its lying about it that is the problem. If you are planning to have a child in the US, just admit so at your interview. Often times many complain that everyone has become a CBP officer, the part everyone tends to ignore is that the lies that others tell is why genuine travellers have a harder time obtaining visas. It is UNFAIR for others to have to jump through hoops to satisfy a visa officer just because the visa officers have had to deal with prior fraudulent applicants. We all deserve to be able to walk into a US embassy and not have to face embarrassing questions, intrusive requests and demeaning interview sessions just because the previous guy chose to present himself with false documents. So yeah, while we should not "carry people's problems like gala", their actions reflect negatively on everyone else... whether you like it or not. You're going to be the next pregnant family seeking a visa, don't be surprised if they don't believe your story regardless of how genuine it is.

For example - documents are no longer required for a visa interview in Nigeria... BECAUSE of the preponderance of FAKE documents. If you were applying for a visa in the US (or change of status), documents are required (because they can be verified easily). Documents are also required in other European countries. I remember a little over 15 years ago, an invitation letter used to be good enough to guarantee a visiting visa... well thanks to Nigerians with their "gala".

No one wants to be a CBP officer, but dear Lord help others to not have to constantly suffer the indignity of being treated with suspicion just for merely holding a green passport... because of your actions.

2. Financial status - if you can't afford to have a baby in the US, kindly have him/her in Nigeria. It is not worth it.

3. Plans - well, travel to the US is not the same as traveling to Ibadan. You would expect that someone who went through the process of applying for a visa has already made plans that are consistent with what they claimed at their interview.

Bottomline, there really is not excuse for lying... at all.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 7:20pm On Jun 18, 2017
TWoods:

Semantics. Not declaring your intent, even if you were not asked, is equivalent to misrepresentation here.

debby516:
Today is Super story day.

To the 1st poster in Qatar, since you are 'capable' of footing the bill for childbirth, then you should be able to afford the vacation has earlier stated during the interview.

Besides, i assume you had the 2 children in Nig, what has suddenly changed to birth this one abroad?

I usually dont do this, but i kind of share Twood's and Justwise' POV on this. People get pregnant everyday with afterthought of birthing in the US.

In my opinion, send your family on vacation has planned, not compulsory you join them. Besides, wont the kids be in school in June?

This your story get some k-leg sha but not like we have not read several stories like this on thia threaWhen a Solution appears in a Situation, the Condition becomes an When a Solution appears in a Situation, the Condition becomes an Abomination. . d.

Her situation sounds just like mine was in 2014. Got my visa(June 2014) to attend a programme in NY in July 2014. Unfortunately, I returned from my interview and was admitted straight for severe morning sickness which I battled for like the first 4 months of my pregnancy.I was in the hospital for up to 2 months so I obviously missed the program. I went on to use the visa to birth in Feb 2015 and I was able to renew my visa this Feb 2017 without been called in for an interview. So in my opinion, even the VOs and CBPs know things happen every now and then. What if she is in the same situation and can't travel again at this time?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Onegai(f): 7:40pm On Jun 18, 2017
I believe the issue is, frequency. A situation comes up and it's understandable. 3 in 10 will have these issues and that's fine. But when 9 out of 10 show up, with the same "issue" and excuse, then it becomes suspicious. In the past, no-one cared as long as you paid your bills. They were delighted to welcome new citizens sef. Even UK was begging Nigerians who schooled abroad to apply for British citizenship. But what happens now? The system got abused and at Heathrow, Nigerians are treated like criminals and grilled aggressively. Same thing is beginning to happen in the US: someone came here a few weeks ago to say how a CBP officer tried to deter her by saying they no longer allowed foreigners to come give birth. I kept quiet, even though I could have mentioned that in my former county (a nice, liberal county), they found a home for wealthy Koreans used to organize childbirth tourism and called police on them and had them escorted out, it was on the news because protesters even showed up. Last month, a nurse at one of the popular hospitals mentioned on this thread was grilling my cousin "Why are so many Nigerians coming here, it's because of the birth by citizenship isn't it?" during her labour. Nigerians tend to see something, it makes sense and they flood it unthinkingly until it crashes (everyone does makeup and sings and is a model/designer now, before everyone entered IT, before then everyone sold lace, then everyone rushed into Banking etc).

Be honest: I'm going to give birth, here is my plan. Yes or No?

Once the embassy says "No need for letter of intent" and Trump's strategists push the new law for extreme vetting of visa applicants, including vetting their social media, next thing they will work on is that in 5 to 10 years' time, constitutional amendment: citizenship by birth and parental only. UK, France and Germany is suffering from from second generation (children of immigrants) turning into terrorists (they can't deport citizens). You think the US is not considering modifying things already? Okay na.

And for those saying "I have millions, I don't live in America by choice, I don't need them blah blah", great. Then why go there and hassle to give birth? The truly rich Nigerians are turning down US citizenship, in fact once you go to the US and spend some serious dough acquiring assets, they offer you citizenship (the entire family). No need for "please what is the cheapest state blah blah".

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.