Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978411 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olathunde(m): 3:31pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hello good people of God,

Can anyone share experiences using Novoa medical services in El paso.

This is the hospital we are looking to use.

Regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 5:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
Otokini01:

Ok thanks. But what documents are required to take to the interview?

Dr & Hospital correspondence,Budget sheet,6 months bank statements,ties to home country etc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Harisbabe: 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
[quote author=cutieb post=59072815]Are you sure you booked the right appointment? I made same mistake booking a notarised appointment under another category.

Am having same issues. Which one did you pick? Am guessing its the 3rd one.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babaelliott(m): 8:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
customised87:
OK,so I arrived the US yesterday through Dallas. I flew Qatar airline at 34weeks and the POE was a breeze. My seat was changed in the plane, I was given a whole row(3seats) to sleep so I didn't really feel the journey was loooonng. Thanks to the air hostesses, and we were served jollof rice in the plane...I loved that! Had only about 4hrs layover in Doha. Arriving the Dallas airport was like arriving Oshodi market, the crowd was massive, I was allowed to join the B1/B2 visa holders queue right in front because I am a pregnant. We took turns to scan our passport, it got to my turn and I spent less than 3 mins doing that. The receipt was printed out and I was directed to get my bags after which I proceeded to Immigrations. The officer that attended to me only asked a few questions and stamped me in in less than 2 mins.
Officer: Hello ma'am. What brings you to the US this time?
I: I am here to give birth to my baby
Officer: Oh! You Pregnant?
I: Yes
How much do you have on you?
I: $$$$
Officer: Have you paid part of your bills?
I: No
Officer: Where would you be staying?
I: (showed her the address) The same place I stayed when I was here the last time
Officer: Oh, you have been here before?
I: Yes ma'am!
Officer: (Stamps me in and hands over my passport) Wish you the best then. Did you come with any form of food?
Officer: That's fine then. You can go.
It was really short.

PS: So I got into Dallas just for my host to tell me somebody called from Dr Stimage office that she is fully booked for July and can't accept me. I sent her my medical records and EDD by email last Monday. Now I have to start searching for a DR at 34weeks. Mamas that have given birth in Dallas,pls lead me cos I am too frustrated to search now. Thanks.

Hi, congratulations on your successful birthing. can you please email me Dr Stimage's and total cost break down, ( she seems like alot of people choice on here and other places) and also which Dr and hospital did you eventually use? can you also please email total cost and breakdown, DW is due feb next year, i would really appreciate all info elliottbabatunde@gmail.com thanks

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dhollargurl(f): 8:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
Good day everybody, I'm sorry I can't reply everybody, I have several emails unread cos my hands are full, but let me break it down here:
Piedmont 3500 ( 2 nights vaginal delivery) 5500 for 3 night stay C.S
Epidural 2284 (American Association of Anaesthesiologists)
Ob/GYN fee (Kaiser Permanente medical group) 2400 for normal vaginal + tests and 2800 for C.S
However, i heard u can get epidural for as cheap as 450 dolls if u have uncomplicated pregnancy in Emory midtown and 2 night stay .

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dhollargurl(f): 8:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
Ayotundesh:

Congratulations Dgurl,

I still have a little more time before I go to Atl by God's Grace.

I will look that hospital up. How were their charges?

What's going on at the Nigerian Embassy? Is it data page avalability issues?
Someone posted some time either July 4th or 5th to send a mail to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng to apply for your child Nigerian passport was that what you did?
Well if it still doesn't work then it's best to go for visa on arrival as you said.

Rest easy dear.
It will all work out.
Thanks alot, the fee was 3500 for 2 night stay vaginal delivery and 5500 for 3 night C.S delivery...... covers for lab tests for both mother and child

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dhollargurl(f): 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
Sheyi48:
Dhollargurl,

Please can you drop the contact number or the name of the doctor you used at piedmont and the total cost of your bill. I am in Atl at the moment
Drop your number (U.S line) and let me do d calling dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dhollargurl(f): 8:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
Dhollargurl:
Good day everybody, I'm sorry I can't reply everybody, I have several emails unread cos my hands are full, but let me break it down here:
Piedmont 3500 ( 2 nights vaginal delivery) 5500 for 3 night stay C.S
Epidural 2284 (American Association of Anaesthesiologists)
Ob/GYN fee (Kaiser Permanente medical group) 2400 for normal vaginal + tests and 2800 for C.S.... Mine was lot cheaper because I had a spontaneous normal vaginal delivery, so the cost depends on how fast or slow ur Labour progresses and how (un)complicated the delivery is
However, i heard u can get epidural for as cheap as 450 dolls if u have uncomplicated pregnancy in Emory midtown and 2 night stay .

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SuperDad: 11:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hello NL Mums & Dads... Signing in, Team December 2017 by God's grace. Shout out to all Atlanta-loading mums & dads especially...and the veterans too smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ogonnan: 11:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
hallo.. thread 5! wow. had my first baby when we were on 2, i believe. Well done to the faithful and steadfast contributors.
Need help please.... apart from Fit to fly for the airline, is there any restriction imposed by FAAN for travelling? i am hearing now that they have cut it off at not more than 34 weeks.... anyone flown lately after 34 weeks? did u get hassled by FAAN? please let me know.

Also, the new visa on arrival thing, i read on someone's post that you need a letter from Abuja? how is this obtained please?

thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
Babaelliott:

the same thing happened to me and am in dallas at the moment without a Dr.. email me on talk2jowski@yahoo.com and can give you contacts of the Dr i plan to use now.. and Dr Stimage just gives you her fee.. the hospital she uses is baylor scott and white and it's quite expensive...6k

Hi, congratulations on your successful birthing. can you please email me Dr Stimage's and total cost break down, ( she seems like alot of people choice on here and other places) and also which Dr and hospital did you eventually use? can you also please email total cost and breakdown, DW is due feb next year, i would really appreciate all info elliottbabatunde@gmail.com thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 03, 2017
email me on talk2jowski@gmail.com........am in dallas too to give birth and planned on using Dr Stimage but not possible as her hospital she uses is quite expensive...me cancelling my appointment with her might give you an opening .... email me let's talk if you still want to use her...
customised87:
OK,so I arrived the US yesterday through Dallas. I flew Qatar airline at 34weeks and the POE was a breeze. My seat was changed in the plane, I was given a whole row(3seats) to sleep so I didn't really feel the journey was loooonng. Thanks to the air hostesses, and we were served jollof rice in the plane...I loved that! Had only about 4hrs layover in Doha. Arriving the Dallas airport was like arriving Oshodi market, the crowd was massive, I was allowed to join the B1/B2 visa holders queue right in front because I am a pregnant. We took turns to scan our passport, it got to my turn and I spent less than 3 mins doing that. The receipt was printed out and I was directed to get my bags after which I proceeded to Immigrations. The officer that attended to me only asked a few questions and stamped me in in less than 2 mins.
Officer: Hello ma'am. What brings you to the US this time?
I: I am here to give birth to my baby
Officer: Oh! You Pregnant?
I: Yes
How much do you have on you?
I: $$$$
Officer: Have you paid part of your bills?
Officer: Where would you be staying?
I: (showed her the address) The same place I stayed when I was here the last time
Officer: Oh, you have been here before?
I: Yes ma'am!
Officer: (Stamps me in and hands over my passport) Wish you the best then. Did you come with any form of food?
Officer: That's fine then. You can go.
It was really short.

PS: So I got into Dallas just for my host to tell me somebody called from Dr Stimage office that she is fully booked for July and can't accept me. I sent her my medical records and EDD by email last Monday. Now I have to start searching for a DR at 34weeks. Mamas that have given birth in Dallas,pls lead me cos I am too frustrated to search now. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SuperDad: 1:27am On Aug 03, 2017
@ogannan
As regards Visa on Arrival, see below.
Regarding new FAAN policy on travel gestational ages, I doubt it... Once port health certifies and all is proper as per airline policy viz fit-to-fly or medif (as the case may be), I think all is good to go. I stand corrected

mamacajah:

Follow the steps below:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by PrinceAdeAde: 12:35pm On Jul 05

Visa on Arrival is way cheaper and hassle free than it is made to look[i](the only cheaper option on the long run is if you are in atlanta and go for the baby nigerian passport)[/i]. Just send a mail to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng requesting for one using the format shared previously on the forum and you would be responded to early enough. in my case,I got a response the same day and please do it yourself and dont pay any processing money. You only need to pay the actual application fee to immigration which can be made on arrival($180 using card and $190 using cash though. Surprisingly,my wife mentioned they did not even look at any letter at Lagos Airport to give our baby the visa. Note that houston immigration requested to sight the actual email so you may want to keep your phone and email handy to avoid complications

Travel / Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baeboss: 7:44pm On Jun 28
visa on arrival

Please write an application letter and attach documents (husband's data page, wife's data page, baby's data page and travel itinery, to this email address:

oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SuperDad: 1:52am On Aug 03, 2017
@Dhollargurl, pls does "covers for child" include paediatrician fees or just hospital stay? Thanks

Dhollargurl:

Thanks alot, the fee was 3500 for 2 night stay vaginal delivery and 5500 for 3 night C.S delivery...... covers for lab tests for both mother and child
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Otokini01: 7:36am On Aug 03, 2017
Babatwi:

Dr & Hospital correspondence,Budget sheet,6 months bank statements,ties to home country etc

Thanks so much for the prompt response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ogonnan: 7:59am On Aug 03, 2017
SuperDad:
@ogannan
As regards Visa on Arrival, see below.
Regarding new FAAN policy on travel gestational ages, I doubt it... Once port health certifies and all is proper as per airline policy viz fit-to-fly or medif (as the case may be), I think all is good to go. I stand corrected

thanks a bunch @superdad. been worried. Someone said he had to pay 40K here to get the letter first before his wife could fly with the baby.

Another question please, is it true that fit to fly must have been given within 7 days of travel? i am flying Emirates....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:08am On Aug 03, 2017
[/b]Someone said he had to pay 40K here to get the letter first before his wife could fly with the baby
[b]

Chie sorry for this person.
cry
I think it is better to get it very close to your travel date if possible a day to or on the said day of travel.
My view though

ogonnan:

thanks a bunch @superdad. been worried. Someone said he had to pay 40K here to get the letter first before his wife could fly with the baby.

Another question please, is it true that fit to fly must have been given within 7 days of travel? i am flying Emirates....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by inizo: 10:25am On Aug 03, 2017
[quote author=inizo post=59028112][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 11:21am On Aug 03, 2017
ogonnan:

Why not get the fit to fly on the same day you're travelling ,all you need to do is get to the airport a bit early sort it out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 1:33pm On Aug 03, 2017
ashedzi:

Most of the dates in August are available, maybe you should check again. After reading ur post, I had to check as well considering my time but I saw a lot of available dates. All the best.

I just checked again. Its only available from 29th Aug now self. See the screen shot

choco7:
email me on talk2jowski@gmail.com........am in dallas too to give birth and planned on using Dr Stimage but not possible as her hospital she uses is quite expensive...me cancelling my appointment with her might give you an opening .... email me let's talk if you still want to use her...

Oh thanks but I already got another Dr and I have given birth too.

Babaelliott:

I eventually used JPS in Forthworth,Dallas. Search for JPS on this forum,somebody already shared their cost breakdown, or search MiddyO posts

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MsJanez01: 2:03pm On Aug 03, 2017
olathunde:
Hello good people of God,

Can anyone share experiences using Novoa medical services in El paso.

This is the hospital we are looking to use.

Regards
The word is excellent . The Doc is very experienced and good. Had a good experience using them

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.