Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (976982 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ogemele(m): 12:55pm On Oct 06, 2017
[/quote]

Well it takes a while for Dr stimage to respond.
I think you have 2 options.
1. Call Brenda and confirm their position.
2. Walk in to the clinic and book an appointment since the clinic is not far from you.
Best wishes.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Iamzizilicious: 1:23pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hello House,
Please i will like to know if anyone have some experience with Qatar Airline. Will be flying with them in Dec at 30weeks+ to Houston. My question is how are they for accommodation at Doha? And please will like to connect with any Houston bound preggos (the company will be great while we await our little bundles arrival)
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 3:09pm On Oct 06, 2017
Pompoms:

I've been trying to send you a PM, sir.

Try following me first before sending pm.
I saw both pm's and i tried to reply but it bounced back on both occasions.
It's either you ask your questions her,but if your questions is of a personal nature,you can leave your email and I'll get back to you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kekeakinwale: 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2017
Thanks so much.
Pompoms:

While we wait for the gurus , (1) shouldn't be a problem. I think carrying your marriage cert./change of name should clear this.
(2) use the search bar up there . Narrow it down to the travel section.

Just hang in there, I'm sure the experienced moms will answer as soon as they come online.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bubbles123: 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2017
Ayokunle07:

I don't know o but perhaps we can find someone to tell us more here. Financial assistance though appears to be quite different from discounts/package
Ok, Tnx so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by brooklyn20: 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2017
Iamzizilicious:
Hello House,
Please i will like to know if anyone have some experience with Qatar Airline. Will be flying with them in Dec at 30weeks+ to Houston. My question is how are they for accommodation at Doha? And please will like to connect with any Houston bound preggos (the company will be great while we await our little bundles arrival)
Thanks.

Hi. Will be flying Qatar at 33weeks by last week in November to Houston . I need a company too,I've been worried that I'll get bored when I get there . I'm going with my toddler of 2yrs + , hubby will join us in Jan. Not yet settled where I'll stay ,I'm thinking of renting a place while hubby wants us to stay with his friends family in case of any emergency .

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Lanifat84: 6:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
ogemele:

Well it takes a while for Dr stimage to respond.
I think you have 2 options.
1. Call Brenda and confirm their position.
2. Walk in to the clinic and book an appointment since the clinic is not far from you.
Best wishes.
Thanks for your response . Have booked the appoitment with Brenda now
God bless

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 9:22pm On Oct 06, 2017
Bubbles123:

Ayo pls something has been bothering me about payment of bills, pls help clarify, is there a difference between discount and financial assistance? Some hospitals will say they are giving "financial assistance " to self pay individuals. I'm really scared it may be a baptized form of Medicaid. Pls help

When in doubt, ask your hospital to avoid stories that touch the heart. Most hospitals will not be able to differentiate between self pay because you’re a non-citizen and self pay because you are indigent and can not afford health insurance. The government grants hospitals in low income areas (the type of hospitals folks here frequent in houston) Medicaid payments to cover for the indigent. They may erroneously apply it to you without even thinking. That’s why the VOs are often suspicious. The costs of birthing here continues to amaze me, no one else I know pays that low... and I’ve got siblings and cousins who have had babies in the last year. shocked

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Aibisoye0: 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2017
How many hours transit? If it is above 8hrs email them to ask for Stpc voucher.

Iamzizilicious:
Hello House,
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Jessygrt: 11:04pm On Oct 06, 2017
Good evening all
Please can anyone help with a cheap good hospital for delivery with cost in California (less than $5,000) to cover all bills.

Thank you and God bless...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by zoemummy: 11:04pm On Oct 06, 2017
Bubbles123:

Ayo pls something has been bothering me about payment of bills, pls help clarify, is there a difference between discount and financial assistance? Some hospitals will say they are giving "financial assistance " to self pay individuals. I'm really scared it may be a baptized form of Medicaid. Pls help

My 2cents on this question is that the application of medicaid (involving tax payers funds) must require some form of 'signed' documentation wherein you'd need to complete and sign a request form. The request will be processed and you accept the financial aid. I reckon it is not something that can be received by the beneficiary 'unknowingly'. I stand to be corrected though.

See screenshots below and note the key words 'application' and 'enrolment'. They are both very conscious activities.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 11:05pm On Oct 06, 2017
Jessygrt:
Good evening all
Please can anyone help with a cheap good hospital for delivery with cost in California (less than $5,000) to cover all bills.

Thank you and God bless...

<$5000 for a delivery in California? Where do you guys get such sweet deals?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 11:07pm On Oct 06, 2017
zoemummy:

My 2cents on this question is that the application of medicaid (involving tax payers funds) must require some form of 'signed' documentation wherein you'd need to complete and sign a request form. The request will be processed and you accept the financial aid. I reckon it is not something that can be received by the beneficiary 'unknowingly'. I stand to be corrected though.

See screenshots below and note the key words 'application' and 'enrolment'. They are both very conscious activities.

This is actually not always true. The hospital can simply charge you a low price and get reimbursed by Medicaid without you knowing. Some hospitals get Medicaid funding precisely to account for “losses” hospitals are expected to incur by offering services to the indigent.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 11:36pm On Oct 06, 2017
TWoods:

This is actually not always true. The hospital can simply charge you a low price and get reimbursed by Medicaid without you knowing. Some hospitals get Medicaid funding precisely to account for “losses” hospitals are expected to incur by offering services to the indigent.

At the same time, there are a number of hospitals that have special packages for cash paying, uninsured patients, irrespective of if one is a citizen or not.

One specific hospital in Houston gives patients a disclaimer letter addressed to the American consulate stating that the cash discount applied was not based on any recourse to government funds or assistance, amongst other caveats.

The key, like you mentioned in an earlier post is to ask, ask and ask again. At every juncture I made very clear to every service provider that I do not qualify for aid of any kind.

Ignorance is no excuse.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Adiahabasi: 2:54am On Oct 07, 2017
Hi all, eku 3 days! The thread has really grown! Congrats to the new mamas and papas.
I've got a quick question please. How long can one keep a visa application fee payment for? Let me try putting it in a clearer way...for how long would a visa fee remain valid if one misses a prior scheduled appointment, any deadline at which the person must re-book or forfeit the application fees?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by eyez02: 7:52am On Oct 07, 2017
Helloo house, please I need someone to tell me what went wrong here, I went for my interview yesterday but was declined, the heartbreak noo be here at all. Here goes my transcript:

VO: why are you going to the US
Me: to have my baby

VO: why us?
Me: talked about maternal mortality rate in naija, the need for better health care system bla bla

VO: why US not UK
Me: don't really know much about the UK system and since I have friends who have had their babies in the US, I opted for US

VO: do you have any friends in the US
Me: I have a friend in connecticut

VO: why are you not staying with her
Me: after my research on hospitals I chose houston because I liked the online reviews

VO: are you married?
Me: yes

VO: how many kids?
Me: none, this will be my first

VO: how long have you beeen married?
Me: 10 months

VO: when are you due
Me: Dec

VO: is your husband going with you
Me: No, our baby will be coming at thee peak of his business soo he will not be available to travel

VO: did yoou get any info from the hospital you researched about

Vo: can I seee?
Me: yea, *hands over info from HNWM, appointment letter and email correspondence*

VO: reads through, returns documents, types for a while and gives me the blue paper sad

Please what went wrong, i'm due too travel Nov ending, I don't know if i'll get an early date in October if I re-apply. Also note that I was denied visiting visa in January (wasn't pregnant o)....please I need advise

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tripletmom: 10:00am On Oct 07, 2017
Hi pple,
Please,i just need some clarifications on HNWMC and elpaso.
From the posts av read,i noticed HNWMC usually give a higher bill for peadiatrician compared to elpaso.
Is dere anyway one can beat dat cos I plan using HNWMC.
Can anyone help with affordable accommodation between feb and April.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Lanifat84: 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2017
Og3chukwu:
In the spirit of giving back, I have learnt so much from this forum keep it up guys. I and my husband got our visa in 2016 which was used for the intended purpose Honeymoon and vacation in December.
I left Nigeria on the 28th of September at 31 weeks with BA, the flight from Lagos to Heathrow was so uncomfortable and their services wasn't so great.I got to Heathrow at 5.30am and had to check in for my connecting flight with American Airline to Dallas,Got to the booth and meet an agent.

AA Agent- Purpose of Visit to the USA
Myself- Child birth & Vacation
AA  Agent- Whom would u be staying with
Myself- Childhood friend
AA Agent- When last did you see her
Myself- 2005 but we keep in touch
AA Agent - What does she do for a living?
Myself- Health Administrator
AA Agent- What do you do for a living?
Myself- I work in bleep bleep and my clients are bleep bleep bleep
AA Agent- Smiles* and said I should proceed to the shuttle to take me to Terminal 5 and my mobility assistance would be waiting for me there.

Got to the terminal gate and requested for a comfortable seat and got one that had nobody beside me, I had enough room to stretch , their services was top notch.Arrived at Dallas at 1pm and we were the first flight that landed got my wheel chair assistance,Got to the automated machine for B1 & B2 visa, proceeded to the CBP officer.

Myself- Hello and smiled
CBP- He smiles back and hello too, he tried to pronounce  my name started laughing,I had to
pronounce my name the right way.
CBP- Do you have any food with you
Myself-Yes,plantain flour,peanuts,basil,pumpkin leaves and pepper soup spices.

He nooded and  started  gisitng with the lady that was assisting me,once they were done he was about to stamp me in without asking any further questions,I had to tell him I was here for Child birth and vacation ,he didn't notice I was pregnant and my tummy wasn't so big

CBP-How long are u here for?
Myself- 3months and two weeks
CBP-How much do you have on you ?
Myself- $ 7000
CBP officer- Stamps me in on my passsport  for 6 months (which  i didnt see how long )and said I would have to get to agriculture.

Got to Agriculture they scanned my bags and asked  whether I had indomie ,egusi ,ogbonno told them No to all,I had bleep bleep bleep.
Met another another  CBP officer, he asked for my passport which I gave him.
CBP-What are  u here for?
Myself- Child birth and Vacation.
CBP-requested for my doctors correspondence  which I gave him and  gave me  back my passport.
I looked at my passport and asked the officer how long am I stamped in for and he joked for a day, I finally saw where i was stamped till March 2018.Proceeded to go and check into my local flight to Houston.
POE was a breeze for me i spent just 20 mins in total from the CBP and agriculture.
Resting and waiting for my doctors appointment on Tuesday.

Hello dear
Please which hospital are you using in Dallas?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oyibo4real: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2017
It's really been a long while, look how far we've come. More blessings to the men/women that have been keeping this thread alive, Congratulations to all those with Success stories, n to the expectant ones, God's favour to U all.

Ehee! I don land again oo, another missionary journey in view. Feb/March mamas n papas come oo, I need some 'gingering'. I've been so confident I'm gonna be using Chicago this time, but considering their weather early next year, hmmmm; o dikwa risky oo. I'm torn between using California, Chicago, or Dallas. Who's on same page wt me, let's ginger our swagger.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Kekisco: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2017
Pls which affordable hospital can i use in Chicago
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 3:57pm On Oct 07, 2017
My dear, I know how you feel right now. I have been there before, but the good news is that I am presently in the States for my third child, first and second here. The fact is no one here can give you the real reason why you were denied. If I analyse I would say that the answer to the question why us and not UK. The VO knows that healthcare in UK is also good but the UK dont give passport so if you say you are going on grounds of better healthcare then you needed a stronger reason to choose the US and of course it is for the passport. Again I will analyse that you should have said that the cost of birthing in Houston for self pay patient is cheaper than Connecticut. However, all hope is not lost, brace up and apply again. When filling your form let your contact person be st where you intend to birth your child. It can be your hotel or your doctor, also your income should show you can afford the process without becoming bankrupt. Above all, believe God to grant you favour.

Helloo house, please I need someone to tell me what went wrong here, I went for my interview yesterday but was declined, the heartbreak noo be here at all. Here goes my transcript:

Me: talked about maternal mortality rate in naija, the need for better health care system bla bla

Me: don't really know much about the UK system and since I have friends who have had their babies in the US, I opted for US

Me: after my research on hospitals I chose houston because I liked the online reviews

Me: No, our baby will be coming at thee peak of his business soo he will not be available to travel

Me: yea, *hands over info from HNWM, appointment letter and email correspondence*

VO: reads through, returns documents, types for a while and gives me the blue paper sad

Please what went wrong, i'm due too travel Nov ending, I don't know if i'll get an early date in October if I re-apply. Also note that I was denied visiting visa in January (wasn't pregnant o)....please I need advise

[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by eyez02: 5:11pm On Oct 07, 2017
Thanks dear

[quote author=Senatornuella post=61195467]My dear, I know how you feel right now. I have been there before, but the good news is that I am presently in the States for my third child, first and second here. The fact is no one here can give you the real reason why you were denied. If I analyse I would say that the answer to the question why us and not UK. The VO knows that healthcare in UK is also good but the UK dont give passport so if you say you are going on grounds of better healthcare then you needed a stronger reason to choose the US and of course it is for the passport. Again I will analyse that you should have said that the cost of birthing in Houston for self pay patient is cheaper than Connecticut. However, all hope is not lost, brace up and apply again. When filling your form let your contact person be st where you intend to birth your child. It can be your hotel or your doctor, also your income should show you can afford the process without becoming bankrupt. Above all, believe God to grant you favour.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MrsTerry1: 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2017
Senatornuella:
My dear, I know how you feel right now. I have been there before, but the good news is that I am presently in the States for my third child, first and second here. The fact is no one here can give you the real reason why you were denied. If I analyse I would say that the answer to the question why us and not UK. The VO knows that healthcare in UK is also good but the UK dont give passport so if you say you are going on grounds of better healthcare then you needed a stronger reason to choose the US and of course it is for the passport. Again I will analyse that you should have said that the cost of birthing in Houston for self pay patient is cheaper than Connecticut. However, all hope is not lost, brace up and apply again. When filling your form let your contact person be st where you intend to birth your child. It can be your hotel or your doctor, also your income should show you can afford the process without becoming bankrupt. Above all, believe God to grant you favour.

Was ur interview in lag or Abuja?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Reine22: 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2017
[quote author=eyez02 post

[/quote]

What reason were you given for tour refusalnin January? Have you or your husband ever misrepresented? Share your previous interview transcript.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 10:55pm On Oct 07, 2017
Adiahabasi:
Hi all, eku 3 days! The thread has really grown! Congrats to the new mamas and papas.
I've got a quick question please. How long can one keep a visa application fee payment for? Let me try putting it in a clearer way...for how long would a visa fee remain valid if one misses a prior scheduled appointment, any deadline at which the person must re-book or forfeit the application fees?
Its 1 year period from the day of Payment.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fiyray: 11:18am On Oct 08, 2017
Hi everyone, about two Months ago I posted a comment on getting a ticket already and my POE is Chicago and how i would desperately want to change it cos of all I have read about Chicago POE for pregnant women. However I could not change my ticket cos it was costing me more to change the ticket than the ticket itself so my husband and I decided to put our trust in God, we pray really hard(psalm 105V13-15) got all my documents and enough funds. I avoid reading bad msges about Chicago POE and i decided to go with Chicago O'hare intl airport.
My people I tell you I passed through Chicago POE last 2days and I most say it my best experience so far in my traveling history. They were so pleasant, nothing like what I read about chicago POE at all nothing at all like it... Honestly in all modesty,I can't deny the grace of God being with me, I did not spend up to 8mins at the inner interrogation room before i was let go.
I will be back to drop my experience from my Airline BA the best airline for preggy woman to my experience at Heathrow when boarding to Chicago n my experience at Chicago .
Regards.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.