Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975331 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OnJosh1: 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
anonymousmum:

I renewed recently. Nothing has changed significantly other than the fee (64k chaii)

The only difference now is that when filling the DS 160, there is a last page that requires one to upload a picture. Previously one could bypass this step and bring a hard copy.

Now, it is compulsory to upload a picture, and also bring hard copies along when submitting.

Mine took 4 days.

Hello anonymous Mum and everyone, I'm a first time US Mum to be, I completed my Visa application already and my passport pic that was uploaded (At this point I might as well say tried to upload) did not show up on the confirmation page however my Hubby's own did. My friend's sister that helped my husband and I with our application said I could go ahead for the interview with the hard copy passport. Going by your post now. Please will this be a problem?

P.S: I just registered on Nairaland (I'm not sure how to quote well, I hope I get it first time) but have gone through the thread in the past two/three weeks as a Guest and learnt a lot of things. Thanks to everyone sharing. I pray to share my own experiences (VO, PoE, Delivery, Documentation, etc) by GOD'S Grace.

I'll do my best not to ask questions that have already been addressed. But please forgive my ignorance if I come across as JJC in my questions that will surely come ����‍♀️��‍♀️. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mamatukwas: 7:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
[quote author=anizi post=61042108][/quote]

Hi. I'm heading out Feb to April and still trying to pick btw Elpaso and possibly Cali. Houston ain't on my radar.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anizi(f): 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mamatukwas:

Hi. I'm heading out Feb to April and still trying to pick btw Elpaso and possibly Cali. Houston ain't on my radar.

ok, thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 9:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
OnJosh1:

Hello anonymous Mum and everyone, I'm a first time US Mum to be, I completed my Visa application already Thanks

Well I can't say specifically, mine was DropBox under the visa interview waiver program.

To be on the safe side, ensure the picture is uploaded so that you are not disappointed (would be a shame to be turned back based on a technicality)

Just read and read well. Folks here are willing to help when the questions are genuine and have not been previously addressed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 9:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
Austine2020:
This one an Old timer like u is asking all these questions,its like u have Committed?,Lol. Don't be afraid all will end in praise at your Renewal,Goodluck.

I'm still a first timer for renewal of course. And i shd know whatsup to plan well especially because of my location.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 12:39am On Oct 03, 2017
Omodadi2:

I'm still a first timer for renewal of course. And i shd know whatsup to plan well especially because of my location.
Ok, U will be fine. Its not a must that they will call u for an interview,But if they did,u have all your document to go with and i believe u will fine,Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Suzyt: 12:46am On Oct 03, 2017
Keep trying to upload your picture. They won't let you in without a photo on your form.

No hard copy photos accepted.
OnJosh1:

Hello anonymous Mum and everyone, I'm a first time US Mum to be, I completed my Visa application already and my passport pic that was uploaded (At this point I might as well say tried to upload) did not show up on the confirmation page however my Hubby's own did. My friend's sister that helped my husband and I with our application said I could go ahead for the interview with the hard copy passport. Going by your post now. Please will this be a problem?

P.S: I just registered on Nairaland (I'm not sure how to quote well, I hope I get it first time) but have gone through the thread in the past two/three weeks as a Guest and learnt a lot of things. Thanks to everyone sharing. I pray to share my own experiences (VO, PoE, Delivery, Documentation, etc) by GOD'S Grace.

I'll do my best not to ask questions that have already been addressed. But please forgive my ignorance if I come across as JJC in my questions that will surely come ����‍♀️��‍♀️. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Goldie10: 4:21am On Oct 03, 2017
Hello All,

Happy to announce that my baby arrived 19th September, 2017 via normal delivery after an induction. Had him at Whmc with Dr Jeanie (very good doctor, i must say).

We have received birth certificate and SSN card, while we await US passport appointment for next week.

I have also received zero balance letter from West Houston medical (hospital) and my doctor, and also settled paediatrician bill.

Now the bone of contention is Epidural bill - i have chased the Houston Anaesthesiologist for the my bill and to my surprise i was told that a bill of $8k plus was sent to my address - which I am still awaiting.

Although the lady mentioned that I wil be eligible for a discount since I am self paying but that my account is yet to be eligible for a discount until i miss the second billing notification. Meaning she was indirectly saying that i should wait till end of the month (which is when the 2nd billing reminder will be sent) for me to be eligible for a discount. I also stated that I had my cash and was ready to pay the $1500 initially quoted.

I however stated that I plan to leave the country in another 2 weeks and need to offset all my bills before that and also explained that the hospital and my doctor had given an estimate of $1500 previously for my epidural bill.

Anyone had this type of issue before? Please how did you contest your epidural bill provided?

P.S- i have informed by doctor who has asked that i bring the bill when attending my next appointment scheduled for thursday. I also intend on going to their office myself in person before the end of the week.

Your feedback will be appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kokorita: 4:58am On Oct 03, 2017
Thanks house, my hubby and son finally got there visiting visa. So they will be joining me in November. Will send my Poe experience soon. Cheers. grin > shocked

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SleekFullah(f): 6:03am On Oct 03, 2017
Hi Goldie, you can call their office and pay using your card. I also had my baby at whmc, where in houston are you? Were you not given a sheet where you have the phone numbers of the epidural/labs people?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chirolechick: 7:17am On Oct 03, 2017
Congrats dear, out of curiosity, how were they able to get an appointment in less than a week, because the last time I checked the available dates are late October and november

kokorita:
Thanks house, my hubby and son finally got there visiting visa. So they will be joining me in November. Will send my Poe experience soon. Cheers. grin > shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Msadesina: 7:47am On Oct 03, 2017
Please any january 2018 mum heading to chicago in dec should please holla

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 8:14am On Oct 03, 2017
OnJosh1:

Tell the person helping you to attempt the picture upload at odd hours eg 1-4am. When traffic will be low.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 8:29am On Oct 03, 2017
Chirolechick:
Congrats dear, out of curiosity, how were they able to get an appointment in less than a week, because the last time I checked the available dates are late October and november

To get ealier dates just keep refreshing and checking.
thats the secret
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 8:31am On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=anizi post=61042108][/quote] Wifey is headed Up north to Chicago.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DonDraper: 10:04am On Oct 03, 2017
kazchick:

Me too. Planning on coming in first week of December. Interested in sharing

@kazchick and @soulandbody, you can get affordable airbnb homes close to the hospital. Or stay at InTown suites - I45 North (ZHN) Extended Stay. Another option is to stay at Studio6 Houston - Spring at Bammel Westfield Road. You can get to HNWMC and Dr Xydas' office by bus (Metro 86) within minutes from these hotels. Approx 28 minutes away by walking.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Travelpes: 10:40am On Oct 03, 2017
Morning All, What is the experience like for those who travelled to us using BA from Abuja.Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kristinbaby: 11:10am On Oct 03, 2017
I wonder if checking and refreshing apply to an instant interval of one week to quickly get appointment. The early appointment is still ending October or early November. I wonder how she got appointment within a week interval. She better explain herself.

Ramj:

To get ealier dates just keep refreshing and checking.
thats the secret
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kristinbaby: 11:14am On Oct 03, 2017
How did you get appointment within one week internal when all available appointment is ending of October and early Novemver. You need to explain the secret.

kokorita:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 11:24am On Oct 03, 2017
Suzyt:
Keep trying to upload your picture. They won't let you in without a photo on your form.

You still need to take a hard copy with you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Hamdat55: 11:29am On Oct 03, 2017
Good Day Gurus in the House, Please i need your Help on this; My wife and daughter interview was this morning but she was late to the venue therefore asked to reschedule for the appointment after four days, she was also told to choose Emergency date because she have to travel December to give Birth and it seems November is almost Occupied.

Please i don't understand why in four days and Also how to go about rescheduling.

secondly; I intend booking my appointment and that of my son together next week but i don't know if i will be available for the interview this year because of the nature of my work and location. Please can i pay for and include my son in their next appointment? Thanks and God blees
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by didismyname: 11:50am On Oct 03, 2017
Morning All, What is the experience like for those who travelled to us using Virgin atlantic. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 12:53pm On Oct 03, 2017
Goldie10:
Hello All,

Happy.

Just call them with your card ready to pay. I received the same bill in the mail but still paid 1k5 and received my zero balance

Also, their main office is in Dallas so transactions are best done in the phone.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anizi(f): 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mamatukwas:

l
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by zoemummy: 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2017
zoemummy:
Good morning house, thank God for this thread. Kudos to everyone who's kept it going. I was here 2 years ago and received a lot of guidance on my 'missionary' journey and I'm happy I was able to give back afterwards.

I'd like to know if anyone in the house has ever had to or knows anyone who had to attend a 'follow up' interview after a drop box application and how it went i.e docs required etc. It's my first renewal after I had my baby in 2015 and I didn't overstay or owe. I have my zero balance statements for all the major payments and I have called the 2 providers whose zero balance statements I do not yet have. They have agreed to send it to the US address where I stayed. I reckon I'll also need employment docs and statements again, which I'm putting together. I'd appreciate a guide on this.

While I was applying for the renewal in early August (visa expires Sept 22nd), the intention was to visit in November and write my CFA exams but a week+ later, I found out I am pregnant-still getting over the news, but I thank God who is perfect in his ways.

Although the pregnancy is still early, I would like to mention it during the follow up interview even though giving birth in the US would be an option B for me (I'm considering another country because of earlier plans for school). Would this pose an issue, given that I didn't mention it (I was not aware) at the time I completed my ds-160 form?

Would appreciate your thoughts, comments or experience sharing on this.

Thank you.

House ee eh! Back to share my testimony smiley

So based on all the feedback I received during my last post, I prepared physically and spiritually (with prayers).

Booked the follow up interview, prepared a checklist as a guide, gathered zero balance statements, pictures, my ticket itinerary from the child birth etc. Prepared a burden of proof as if I was attending for the first time (even the consular staff were looking at my FAT file like 'kilode'. I just kept a straight face grin ). Let them know that I'm not playing here...

So got to VO (there were two vacant booths but I chose the male VO over the female one...I've heard stories about female VOs and girls were not smiling), interview was 2 minutes...

VO: Good morning madam
ME: Good morning (with a smile)
VO: The last time you were here, you told the officer you'd be in the US for 2 weeks
ME: (utterly shocked shocked) 2 weeks! No! I'd said I'd be in school for 2 weeks, then stay back to have my baby.
VO: checks his screen again, types for a few seconds though it seemed like 1 hour (while I opened my file, just reconfirming document positions for dishing out grin )
VO: Hands my passport in for processing...Sorry madam, you were called in by mistake. Your visa will be ready in 3 days.

Before I could say anything else, he had bid me good bye and beckoned to the next person.

So I carried my burden of proof o, stepped out...considered walking back in to see if I could offer more info so that he'll help me write that I'm pregnant now but I was just directed out.

Na so my waka go o. Now I can focus on my exams. Thanks everyone for the moral support during this time wink

Moral of the story...'Clean hands' always pay and ensure you keep your records and documents straight and safe. Most of all, Trust God for ALL things. I over prepared for the follow up interview, but angels had gone ahead to also over prepare.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by zoemummy: 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
zoemummy:

House ee eh! Back to share my testimony smiley

So based on all the feedback I received during my last post, I prepared physically and spiritually (with prayers).

Booked the follow up interview, prepared a checklist as a guide, gathered zero balance statements, pictures, my ticket itinerary from the child birth etc. Prepared a burden of proof as if I was attending for the first time (even the consular staff were looking at my FAT file like 'kilode'. I just kept a straight face grin ). Let them know that I'm not playing here...

So got to VO (there were two vacant booths but I chose the male VO over the female one...I've heard stories about female VOs and girls were not smiling), interview was 2 minutes...

VO: Good morning madam
ME: Good morning (with a smile)
VO: The last time you were here, you told the officer you'd be in the US for 2 weeks
ME: (utterly shocked shocked) 2 weeks! No! I'd said I'd be in school for 2 weeks, then stay back to have my baby.
VO: checks his screen again, types for a few seconds though it seemed like 1 hour (while I opened my file, just reconfirming document positions for dishing out grin )
VO: Hands my passport in for processing...Sorry madam, you were called in by mistake. Your visa will be ready in 3 days.

Before I could say anything else, he had bid me good bye and beckoned to the next person.

So I carried my burden of proof o, stepped out...considered walking back in to see if I could offer more info so that he'll help me write that I'm pregnant now but I was just directed out.

Na so my waka go o. Now I can focus on my exams. Thanks everyone for the moral support during this time wink

Moral of the story...'Clean hands' always pay and ensure you keep your records and documents straight and safe. Most of all, Trust God for ALL things. I over prepared for the follow up interview, but angels had gone ahead to also over prepare.

Here's the checklist I prepared as a guide for the 221G follow up interview. Hope it's useful to someone now or in the future...I thank God for the outcome of the appointment.

Records of birth and compliance of payments & Length of Stay
[ ]Zero balance statements
[ ]Birth certificate
[ ]Baby's passport
[ ]SSN and verification of birth facts
[ ]1st birthday pictures & family pix
[ ]Immunisation records
[ ]Flight bookings and tickets for childbirth trip

Current financial and employment standing
[ ]Bank Account statements
[ ]Hubby's bank statements
[ ]Copy of hubby's work ID card
[ ]Letter of introduction from employer
[ ]Work Payslips
[ ]My work ID card
[ ]Budget sheet for exams trip

Purpose of visit
[ ]Exam registration doc
[ ]Emails from HR
[ ]Confirmation of exam center

Proof of pregnancy after application
[ ]Letter from hospital
[ ]Scan reports

Proof of non-reliance on Govt funds
[ ]Letter of invitation
[ ]Ticket booking for next trip
[ ]Planned funds for next trip

Consideration to birth in the US
[ ]Mail exchange with Dr. La
[ ]Pending confirmation of payment
[ ]Budget sheet...just in case
[ ]Proof of available funds and financial support if required
[ ]Refund from HMO for last birth

Proof of appointment
[ ]221g form
[ ]DS160 form
[ ]Follow up appointment confirmation
[ ]Passport photos

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OnJosh1: 1:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
Suzyt:

Thank you so much. Pls are you saying I can try to upload even after I've paid and received the confirmation. Pls how do I go about this? I tried to retrieve application and view but it took me to the confirmation page.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OnJosh1: 1:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
anonymousmum:

You still need to take a hard copy with you.

Okay thanks. Will take a hard copy along.. but I need help uploading after confirmation. If this is possible. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
Og3chukwu:
In the spirit of giving back, I have learnt so much from this forum keep it up guys. I and my husband got our visa in 2016 which was used for the intended purpose Honeymoon and vacation in December.
I left Nigeria on the 28th of September at 31 weeks with BA, the flight from Lagos to Heathrow was so uncomfortable and their services wasn't so great.I got to Heathrow at 5.30am and had to check in for my connecting flight with American Airline to Dallas,Got to the booth and meet an agent.

AA Agent- Purpose of Visit to the USA
Myself- Child birth & Vacation
AA  Agent- Whom would u be staying with
Myself- Childhood friend
AA Agent- When last did you see her
Myself- 2005 but we keep in touch
AA Agent - What does she do for a living?
Myself- Health Administrator
AA Agent- What do you do for a living?
Myself- I work in bleep bleep and my clients are bleep bleep bleep
AA Agent- Smiles* and said I should proceed to the shuttle to take me to Terminal 5 and my mobility assistance would be waiting for me there.

Got to the terminal gate and requested for a comfortable seat and got one that had nobody beside me, I had enough room to stretch , their services was top notch.Arrived at Dallas at 1pm and we were the first flight that landed got my wheel chair assistance,Got to the automated machine for B1 & B2 visa, proceeded to the CBP officer.

Myself- Hello and smiled
CBP- He smiles back and hello too, he tried to pronounce  my name started laughing,I had to
pronounce my name the right way.
CBP- Do you have any food with you
Myself-Yes,plantain flour,peanuts,basil,pumpkin leaves and pepper soup spices.

He nooded and  started  gisitng with the lady that was assisting me,once they were done he was about to stamp me in without asking any further questions,I had to tell him I was here for Child birth and vacation ,he didn't notice I was pregnant and my tummy wasn't so big

CBP-How long are u here for?
Myself- 3months and two weeks
CBP-How much do you have on you ?
Myself- $ 7000
CBP officer- Stamps me in on my passsport  for 6 months (which  i didnt see how long )and said I would have to get to agriculture.

Got to Agriculture they scanned my bags and asked  whether I had indomie ,egusi ,ogbonno told them No to all,I had bleep bleep bleep.
Met another another  CBP officer, he asked for my passport which I gave him.
CBP-What are  u here for?
Myself- Child birth and Vacation.
CBP-requested for my doctors correspondence  which I gave him and  gave me  back my passport.
I looked at my passport and asked the officer how long am I stamped in for and he joked for a day, I finally saw where i was stamped till March 2018.Proceeded to go and check into my local flight to Houston.
POE was a breeze for me i spent just 20 mins in total from the CBP and agriculture.
Resting and waiting for my doctors appointment on Tuesday.

That means they stamped you in for 3 months!

Strong woman,
Congratulations!

I'm just wondering what's up BA, used to be one of the most comfortable and demanded airline services...

Thank God you enjoyed the American airlines...
Wish you a great deliver and stay...

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Goldie10: 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
SleekFullah:
Hi Goldie, you can call their office and pay using your card. I also had my baby at whmc, where in houston are you? Were you not given a sheet where you have the phone numbers of the epidural/labs people?

Thanks Sleekfullah, I did and that was the number I called and spoke to a lady saying the bill was $8k plus and that if I'm paying now with my card I'll not be eligible for a discount. I will just call them again and speak to another person. Did they also quote same for you as well? I'm in Energy corridor area in Houston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Goldie10: 2:10pm On Oct 03, 2017
anonymousmum:

Just call them with your card ready to pay. I received the same bill in the mail but still paid 1k5 and received my zero balance

Also, their main office is in Dallas so transactions are best done in the phone.

Thanks anonymousmum- I will call them again today and hopefully I'm transferred to another person and I'm able to pay with my card. Did they post your zero balance letter to you or you had to go pick it up from their office?

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.