Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977418 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Terminalia(f): 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2017
Hello, pls for peeps that used visa on arrival, how did you go about getting Naija passport for your LO in Nigeria. Kindly advise urgently. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mamatukwas: 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2017
[quote author=Vlesparza post
You may even want to reconsider your trip to the USA if your budget cannot handle a $900-$1300 emergency. [/quote]

Wow! This was a bit rude! The man is entitled to his fears without anyone casting aspersions on the size of his pocket!

It's not personal, he knows his wife's condition so knows how long they might need to spend in the hospital... As their rep, you could have responded a bit better and possibly won yourself a client.

Oga @ Ala (something) pls ignore and waka pass. Bless you!

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kennyliza: 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2017
Hello Adedoyin, I tap into your miracle ooooo. I am April 2018 due mum, I just got denied B2 visa in my interview today. The White make VO(cubicle 3) asked me;
-why I am traveling-to give birth
-why US and not any other cheaper country
-,my work,
-where I have been before- told him Dubai last year.
- is my hubby traveling with me etc.
After answering all this, I still got denied.
However,the VO didn't bother to check any of my documents.

Please may I know whether it was a female or male VO that granted your visa. Want to know if female VO are more sympathetic than the VO?

quote author=Adedoyin2108 post=62288447]Hello Nairalanders

I must salute the great work you all do here. Just thought to post my visa interview experience. Interview was on Nov 1 in Lagos.

My husband and I applied for B2 medical n tourism

VO: What’s your relationship?
Husband: We are married
VO: What’s the purpose of the visit?
Husband: To give birth
VO: Is this your first child?
Husband: Yes
VO: What do you do? Where do you work? Where did you school?
Husband: Bla bla
VO: What do you do? Where do you work? What does your job entail? Where did you school?
Me: Bla Bla
VO: What’s your budget? How much do you have?
Husband: About 24k, we have 16k (we had bank statements to prove it but he didn’t request for it)
VO: Your visas have been approved. And he gave us two white documents.
They didn’t ask to see any document. Favour all the way!

I’ll be in Houston last week of November. Using Dr Xydas and Houston Northwest Medical and staying at InTown Suites for now. Anyone with similar itinerary, let’s hook up. Thx
[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aremso(m): 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2017
kennyliza:
Hello Adedoyin, I tap into your miracle ooooo. I am April 2018 due mum, I just got denied B2 visa in my interview today. The White make VO(cubicle 3) asked me;
-why I am traveling-to give birth
-why US and not any other cheaper country
-,my work,
-where I have been before- told him Dubai last year.
- is my hubby traveling with me etc.

Please may I know whether it was a female or male VO that granted your visa. Want to know if female VO are more sympathetic than the VO?

quote author=Adedoyin2108 post=62288447]Hello Nairalanders

I must salute the great work you all do here. Just thought to post my visa interview experience. Interview was on Nov 1 in Lagos.

My husband and I applied for B2 medical n tourism

VO: What’s your relationship?
Husband: We are married
VO: What’s the purpose of the visit?
Husband: To give birth
VO: Is this your first child?
Husband: Yes
VO: What do you do? Where do you work? Where did you school?
Husband: Bla bla
VO: What do you do? Where do you work? What does your job entail? Where did you school?
Me: Bla Bla
VO: What’s your budget? How much do you have?
Husband: About 24k, we have 16k (we had bank statements to prove it but he didn’t request for it)
VO: Your visas have been approved. And he gave us two white documents.
They didn’t ask to see any document. Favour all the way!

I’ll be in Houston last week of November. Using Dr Xydas and Houston Northwest Medical and staying at InTown Suites for now. Anyone with similar itinerary, let’s hook up. Thx

This is taking another dimension oooo May God help us. Its God favour we need at this very point ooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kennyliza: 2:53pm On Nov 14, 2017
Hello Adedoyin, I tap into your miracle ooooo.

I am April 2018 due mum, I just got denied B2 visa in my interview today. The White make VO(cubicle 3) asked me;
-why I am traveling-to give birth Cos of better medical system
-why US and not any other cheaper country- told him a friend of mine Gave me a review of the best medical care she got for her delivery in us
-,my job. - accountant of xxxxxxx
-where I have been before- told him Dubai with hubby last year.
- is my hubby traveling with me -No

@Nairalanders, please help me where did I go wrong, I am so sad right now...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by julzz(f): 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2017
ladeonas:

please what airline did you use and how was the POE?

Haven't travelled yet, leaving January with Turkish airline

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 3:22pm On Nov 14, 2017
please how is London entry like before joining connecting flight to US
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vlesparza: 3:40pm On Nov 14, 2017
Mamatukwas:
Wow! This was a bit rude! The man is entitled to his fears without anyone casting aspersions on the size of his pocket!

It's not personal, he knows his wife's condition so knows how long they might need to spend in the hospital... As their rep, you could have responded a bit better and possibly won yourself a client.

Oga @ Ala (something) pls ignore and waka pass. Bless you!

I apologize if the statement sounds harsh as I mean no disrespect. I simply want to emphasize that he be informed as to the prices for an additional stay at any hospital given the statement that was mentioned made it seem as if the poster was not aware of this. Also, as honorable advice, I suggest anybody that plans on making the trip have enough money to cover at least a $1300 unforeseen expense should it arise and not be caught off guard and jeopardize their immigrant status. My statement is meant as an honest advice and I hope It was not taken in any other way. As it is, I hope my advice helped anyone who was undecided to embark on this trip or cancel it if their budget does not allow it.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Marylandmama: 4:06pm On Nov 14, 2017
ladeonas:
You don't enter London when u re connecting at Heathrow except you have a valid UK visa, so all you ll do is clear immigration for connecting flights and wait at the departure lounge.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ahmadrc: 4:18pm On Nov 14, 2017
Good evening everyone, any elpaso bound mum due in January and/or February in the house?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ahmadrc: 4:21pm On Nov 14, 2017
stellz:
Good evening everyone, any elpaso bound mum due in march in the house?

due to end of February , 23/2/2018
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ALADE4J2: 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2017
Thank you oh my sister

[quote author=Mamatukwas post=62370125][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2017
rainbowlady:

@Ayotundesh Please what is the name of the Hospital in Atlanta you are using?

Grady
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ALADE4J2: 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2017
The two previous CSs that DW had, she stayed four days in the hospital and our son stayed almost two weeks because of jaundice.
This is just to let you know why I'm concerned about the charges for additional hospital days.

Vlesparza:

I apologize if the statement sounds harsh as I mean no disrespect. I simply want to emphasize that he be informed as to the prices for an additional stay at any hospital given the statement that was mentioned made it seem as if the poster was not aware of this. Also, as honorable advice, I suggest anybody that plans on making the trip have enough money to cover at least a $1300 unforeseen expense should it arise and not be caught off guard and jeopardize their immigrant status. My statement is meant as an honest advice and I hope I was not taken in any other way. As it is, I hope my advice helped anyone who was undecided to embark on this trip or cancel it if their budget does not allow it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2017
ladeonas:

The immigration-customs queue was very long...
The officer asked someone with an American green card if he had a British visa because, we were to lodge in a nearby hotel over night and connect the next morning.

Anyway he said, no, no visa, so they asked for the ticket to show the details that there is indeed a connecting flight the next day.

After it was shown to her, she let us pass through to lodge for the night.

Now I'm not saying it's a rule or a law, that one. should drag rights with them....
But if they say No one can go through because of you don't have a visa, just gently & clearly explain to them to study your ticket and you will indeed be connecting a flight in some hours and you need to rest.

I say this because some people are experts in converting one person's luck or favour in scaling through as a general law in entering another man's country.

But if you are connecting straight away, you don't need to go through immigrations or customs because you don't need to leave the airport.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2017
Marylandmama:

You don't enter London when u re connecting at Heathrow except you have a valid UK visa, so all you ll do is clear immigration for connecting flights and wait at the departure lounge.

thank you. wow i hope i would be comfortable cos its a really long wait ooooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 5:05pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ayotundesh:

The immigration-customs queue was very long...
The officer asked someone with an American green card if he had a British visa because, we were to lodge in a nearby hotel over night and connect the next morning.

Anyway he said, no, no visa, so they asked for the ticket to show the details that there is indeed a connecting flight the next day.

After it was shown to her, she let us pass through to lodge for the night.

Now I'm not saying it's a rule or a law, that one. should drag rights with them....
But if they say No one can go through because of you don't have a visa, just gently & clearly explain to them to study your ticket and you will indeed be connecting a flight in some hours and you need to rest.

I say this because some people are experts in converting one person's luck or favour in scaling through as a general law in entering another man's country.

But if you are connecting straight away, you don't need to go through immigrations or customs because you don't need to leave the airport.

wow, this is great news. would just humble myself show them my itinerary and belle. Favour ijn Amen

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ugoguchy(f): 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2017
ladeonas:
i went to california for my two sons,LaX is not bad at all,just go with enuf cash and any necessary documents,i used airfrance d first time n lufthansa for the second trip

please what airline did you use and how was the POE?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ugoguchy(f): 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2017
U are not alone,i have been to d US 3 times and i was denied visa last month,i was interviewed by a female VO
Just reapply

quote author=kennyliza post=62370932]Hello Adedoyin, I tap into your miracle ooooo.

I am April 2018 due mum, I just got denied B2 visa in my interview today. The White make VO(cubicle 3) asked me;
-why US and not any other cheaper country- told him a friend of mine Gave me a review of the best medical care she got for her delivery in us

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2017
[quote author=ugoguchy post=62375331][/quote]

" HOLD ENUF CASH " Do u mean its expensive?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 14, 2017
pls who has information about visa on arrival. how to apply, how long its issued for. have searched old post and still cant find the infor. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 7:02pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ayotundesh:

Grady

Hello Ayotundesh,

Why Grady and not Emory please ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Unfelt: 7:02pm On Nov 14, 2017
go to www.immigration.gov.ng click on "services" u will see "visa on arrival" click on that and it will give u all the information you need. its straight forward.

choco7:
pls who has information about visa on arrival. how to apply, how long its issued for. have searched old post and still cant find the infor. thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SuperDad: 7:49pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ayotundesh:

Grady

Hi @Ayotundesh
Wow...how did you pull off Grady? I called Grady a few months ago and we were told they officially stopped accepting international patients since Jan 27 this year o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Terminalia(f): 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2017
[quote author=Terminalia post=62369828]Hello, pls for peeps that used visa on arrival, how did you go about getting Naija passport for your LO in Nigeria. Kindly advise urgently. Thanks[/quote

Still waiting ooo. Pls help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by francmoda: 8:55pm On Nov 14, 2017
Terminalia:
Hello, pls for peeps that used visa on arrival, how did you go about getting Naija passport for your LO in Nigeria. Kindly advise urgently. Thanks
same way u got urs....walk into any immigration office in Nigeria and apply...requirements are child’s birth certificate, letter from parents, passport photo, passport data page of parents...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozymes: 10:40pm On Nov 14, 2017
Yes oooooo
Ahmadrc:
Good evening everyone, any elpaso bound mum due in January and/or February in the house?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drI: 12:13am On Nov 15, 2017
kennyliza:
Hello Adedoyin, I tap into your miracle ooooo.

I think they want to hear that you want the dual citizenship for your child. that is the truth. the idea of better health is not totally the truth cos you can get that from the UK and UAE etc.

just reapply and if they ask why you want to have your baby in the us, tell them you want the dual citizenship for your child and since it's legal and you can afford it why not alongside the good health care.

My one cent

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 1:56am On Nov 15, 2017
Ayob3:

Hello Ayotundesh,

Why Grady and not Emory please ?

No special reason.

My aunt choose it, clinic distance is 20 mins from her, Hospital distance which is downtown is about 22 mins from her

Clinic distance is 38 mins from me,
Hospital distance is 45-50 mins from me.

My choice would have been a birth center because I want to take my time, I didn't want any hospital pressuring me.

In fact I guess Grady came up because everyone was like, let a doctor just check you at a clinic or health center, instead of registering towards delivery only in a hospital since I didn't do antenatal here.
Then afterwards I can work on which hospital to use...
And after all the checks & tests, they automatically referred me to their hospital for delivery downtown.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 2:10am On Nov 15, 2017
SuperDad:

Hi @Ayotundesh
Wow...how did you pull off Grady? I called Grady a few months ago and we were told they officially stopped accepting international patients since Jan 27 this year o!

You are absolutely and 100% correct.
On arrival to one of their health centers, I was told that all their OBGYN are fully booked till January 2018.
I had my mouth opened and looked at my belly, because I know this baby is coming out way way before then.

And I know being short of cash.
I actually came to the U.S with $100, so my options were very very limited.
So whatever door that opened, I enetered it trusting God.

So I was like let me call my aunt, they gave me a phone, and then I called her & also Grady head office to complete my registration on the phone.
And they also confirmed its till January 2018.

The thing is they just took me in sha...
Hope no one gets in trouble.
I asked for them to please do something for me, I was really exhausted...

So they sqeezed me in, I don't know how...
But I thank God...
Did every test thinkable...accept why I want, decline what I wasn't sure of.
I've had my scan last week downtown...

Just moving on wheels.
Having a little more money than I got here with.
smiley

God is One who really supplies All our 'Needs' sha

Hopefully would pick a baby car seat by next week...

Trying not to over feed... smiley
Just rolling well sha.
To God Alone Be All The Glory!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.