Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977470 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 2:40am On Nov 15, 2017
kristinbaby:
Congratulations. This is so easy. Have you or your husband travel out before? It pains me when I read transcript of how visa officer keep asking why do you want to give birth in US, why not UK. Someone was rejected based on this, despite giving reasons why not UK, she was denied. May be the VO is expecting her to say because of duo citizenship. God is great!!!

Let's be honest, that is the REAL reason you choose to have your baby in the US, not the UK or South Africa, Ghana or even Nigeria. It's ok to be honest. It's not against the law to want a US passport for your child.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vlesparza: 5:11am On Nov 15, 2017
Mamatukwas:
It's not personal, he knows his wife's condition so knows how long they might need to spend in the hospital... As their rep, you could have responded a bit better and possibly won yourself a client.

The matter is not one about gaining or losing a "client" it's about informing and educating a patient so they can determine if they should come or not given all the possible outcomes, wherever they may choose to go.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Weperwema: 6:47am On Nov 15, 2017
@All ....please does anyone know any good hospital to recommend in St.Louis,Missouri or how do I search for a doctor and hospital....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mamatukwas: 9:13am On Nov 15, 2017
Vlesparza:

The matter is not one about gaining or losing a "client" it's about informing and educating a patient so they can determine if they should come or not given all the possible outcomes, wherever they may choose to go.

Ok.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 9:21am On Nov 15, 2017
If you say, I know 2 people who paid the hospital bills(I saw there receipts) and still went to collect WIC cos their host said its no biggie. Even though I discouraged them, they still went ahead.
Ayotundesh:

WIC is a rather long way to go na...please..

I think the length of mistake anyone here has made is Medicaid only Abeg.

The requirements for wic is Medicaid plus other stuff.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 9:32am On Nov 15, 2017
you can do what @unfelt said or send a mail to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng.

you can also check my previous posts in this part for an option of a format of the application. all the best
choco7:
pls who has information about visa on arrival. how to apply, how long its issued for. have searched old post and still cant find the infor. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 9:37am On Nov 15, 2017
labelbybee:
Good morning,

Please for mamas that have travelled with a toddler can i carry the following in check-in bag?

Peak 123
Milo
Golden Morn
Cerelac
Indomie noodles

If yes, will i leave them intact in the tins or i have to open and pour them in a ziplock?

Is it also possible to carry small cooked indomie on board? i dont know what the infant meal is like. Airline is emirates.

Thank you.

If you want to have them in your carry on luggage, then you have open and pour them in Ziploc bags

Yes, you can make noodles or wateva food your child will like, put in a small bowl.

Don't forget to carry diapers, wipes, drink eg ribena, extra clothes

Oh! airline is emirates! You will enjoy it! They are the most kids friendly airline smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 9:39am On Nov 15, 2017
freshdad:
If you say, I know 2 people who paid the hospital bills(I saw there receipts) and still went to collect WIC cos their host said its no biggie. Even though I discouraged them, they still went ahead.

But how could they Successfully register without Medicaid or proof of residency?

It is well with them, may they actually never suffer to become needy, since they decided to eat the food of the needy.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by labelbybee: 10:17am On Nov 15, 2017
feddy27:

If you want to have them in your carry on luggage, then you have open and pour them in Ziploc bags

Yes, you can make noodles or wateva food your child will like, put in a small bowl.

Oh! airline is emirates! You will enjoy it! They are the most kids friendly airline smiley

Thanks alot for this. I dint evn know i can carry ribena.

For the other foods she is not consuming in the plane e.g Goldernmorn, milo, peak 123 etc can i leave it the way its bought in their sachets/tins and put in the luggage (not carry on) or i have to pour out contents in a Ziploc. Am not really clear on this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 10:26am On Nov 15, 2017
labelbybee:

Thanks alot for this. I dint evn know i can carry ribena.

For the other foods she is not consuming in the plane e.g Goldernmorn, milo, peak 123 etc can i leave it the way its bought in their sachets/tins and put in the luggage (not carry on) or i have to pour out contents in a Ziploc. Am not really clear on this.

You can leave them the way they are. However, if you have anyone in a tin, it's advisable to pour it in Ziploc so that it will reduce your baggage weight.

Preferably buy all in sachets.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by elohim24: 10:33am On Nov 15, 2017
good morning all, I went for the interview in abj with DW and were denied.

transcript
VO: Good morning husband and wife
both of us: good morning
VO: when did you get married
both: last year Dec
VO: are you currently pregnant
DW: yes
VO: do you plan to have your baby in US
DW: Yes
VO: have you traveled outside Nigeria b4
DW: NO
ME: Yes
VO: where have you been to ?
ME: Cameroon and Chad
VO: to do what?
Me: military operations
VO: where do you work
me : Nigeria Immigration service
VO: how much do you earn
me: blah
VO: is that your major source of income
Me: yeah
DW: I'm a blah blah
VO: how much do your earn
DW: blah blah
VO: sorry, you're not qualified at this time, this booklet will explain more... thank you
both: thank you..

to be candid, rejection rate was so high... people's documents were not even assessed... I can't pinpoint what went wrong apart from maybe my basic pay was kinda low but I have other source of income which I was not even asked about... DW is due by March ending, should we reapply, or she reapply alone.? veterans, come in and advise oooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by labelbybee: 10:59am On Nov 15, 2017
feddy27:

You can leave them the way they are. However, if you have anyone in a tin, it's advisable to pour it in Ziploc so that it will reduce your baggage weight.

Preferably buy all in sachets.

God bless you sis!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 11:14am On Nov 15, 2017
feddy27:

Let me quote this sharp sharp for my next mission.... 2019 grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 11:24am On Nov 15, 2017
labelbybee:

God bless you sis!

you are welcome and all the best in your onward journey

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fola62: 11:47am On Nov 15, 2017
Dear house,

Is it possible to have a baby in a state, get babys birth certificate and SS in the birth state, then travel to another state to process the American passport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
fola62:
Dear house,

Is it possible to have a baby in a state, get babys birth certificate and SS in the birth state, then travel to another state to process the American passport.

Absolutely nothing wrong in it, infact a lot of people do it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fola62: 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2017
dere5:

Absolutely nothing wrong in it, infact a lot of people do it.

Thanks a lot
It makes things easier for me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
So many visa denials lately. Sorry to all concerned.

Perhaps the link below might help someone especially questions 17 to 19 on why you were denied and reapplying.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-gen-faq.html

Applicants need to convince the VO in a few minutes that they qualify, in some instances without having the opportunity to show any documents. It all depends on what the VO believes about you...the default for EVERYONE is that you plan to emigrate to the US permanently...in this case guilty until proven innocent! You have 2-5 minutes to prove otherwise with your answers.

Also people will do well to check their rejection letters properly. Is it a 214 (b) denial or 221 (g) denial. See below for the difference.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/denials.html

If it's 221 (g) then there is something incomplete in your docs. I know from personal experience that a domestic staff was give 221 (g) and had to return for interviews at least twice after the inital interview on the same visa fee..... because 1) she didn't have her employment contract, then 2) because it didn't contain the US minimum wage. Either way I reckon they wanted to give her the visa but needed to be convinced that she was not a victim of human trafficking. She eventually got the visa!

My people this forum is GREAT but if something is very important......you need to do more..."research " as they say here...google is there....a wealth of info....look at the actual US websites. Study to show yourself approved.

When all is said and done, God's favour is still needed o...abi.....how do you explain people that gave VO the same answers....one was given and the other was not and their circumstances are similar (maybe no travel history and low income)....i will gladly quarrel with anyone that says favour is not important.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 15, 2017
So sorry about this.

Something that has been mentioned before on this thread is not to give one word answers e.g. yes and no.

For example Q: are you pregnant? Better A: yes and we hope to have our baby in the US in March if our visa is approved

Or Q: have you travelled before? Better A: yes to Cameroon and Chad for military operations in 2016 and 2017 or whenever it was.

Apart from giving you the opportunity to say a lot in a very short time, if I was a VO I would take it to mean that you are open and honest and that you are not waiting for me to ask before volunteering info to me.

Just my thoughts...some may think it's too much..

elohim24:

transcript
VO: sorry, you're not qualified at this time, this booklet will explain more... thank you

to be candid, rejection rate was so high... people's documents were not even assessed... I can't pinpoint what went wrong apart from maybe my basic pay was kinda low but I have other source of income which I was not even asked about... DW is due by March ending, should we reapply, or she reapply alone.? veterans, come in and advise oooo

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kaakaa(f): 3:39pm On Nov 15, 2017
mamaron:
So many visa denials lately. Sorry to all concerned.

I had those same thoughts while reading.....
Sth is really off...,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2017
Hello everyone and thanks for a Job well done on here
A friend of mine went for interview today and couldn't get it done.she was asked to present her documents at the first processing unit before you go in for the interview itself.she Said the lady asked her to sit after checking her documents..she sat for almost 2-3hours until they told her she wouldn't be able to go in for the interview and was asked to come tomorrow by 7:30am
She's worried and wants to know if this has happened to anyone
PS:they attended to every other person
Thanks all for your prompt response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aye88: 5:00pm On Nov 15, 2017
elohim24:

transcript

You said it your self. It could be because your basic pay was low and that was why the VO asked you if that was your major source of income. You could have simply added the other means of income you have. He probably isn't convinced that with your pay, you can afford the childbirth expenses. You can reapply but you have to be able to demonstrate that the other means of income you have are legitimate with proof

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by elohim24: 5:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
aye88:

You said it your self. It could be because your basic pay was low and that was why the VO asked you if that was your major source of income. You could have simply added the other means of income you have. He probably isn't convinced that with your pay, you can afford the childbirth expenses. You can reapply but you have to be able to demonstrate that the other means of income you have are legitimate with proof
thanks... since my info is in their system already, would changing my income not indicate lying?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Unfelt: 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2017
Not changing your income, but including proof of your other source of income as u said you have other sources of legitimate income.

elohim24:

thanks... since my info is in their system already, would changing my income not indicate lying?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Beautyaddy: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2017
kaakaa:

I had those same thoughts while reading.....
Sth is really off...,

Hmmm...I kinda knew that once so many people start jumping on this bandwagon of giving birth in the US due to spreading the news about it around and how easy the medical US visa was easy to get it was bound to be abused.

You'll be surprised of how some women have abused the visa that after giving birth in the US runaway from paying the bills with having the intentions of not needing to return back to the US but at least they have gotten what they wanted and that is just to have at least one of their kids a US citizen. Some even result into just staying permanently in the US with no need to return back to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Reine22: 6:58pm On Nov 15, 2017
Beautyaddy:

Hmmm...I kinda knew that once so many people start jumping on this bandwagon of giving birth in the US due to spreading the news about it around and how easy the medical US visa was easy to get it was bound to be abused.

You'll be surprised of how some women have abused the visa that after giving birth in the US runaway from paying the bills with having the intentions of not needing to return back to the US but at least they have gotten what they wanted and that is just to have at least one of their kids a US citizen. Some even result into just staying permanently in the US with no need to return back to Nigeria.

And they’ll claim it’s God’s favour

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by blueblood1(m): 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2017
LagosNIV:
You should both apply for B1/B2. We treat all applications for either B1 or B2 as an application for a B1/B2.

LagosNIV

Thanks. Done.

...and what's the best response to the reason for choosing to deliver in the U.S., if asked by a VO?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SuperDad: 7:07pm On Nov 15, 2017
Ayotundesh:

You are absolutely and 100% correct.
On arrival to one of their health centers, I was told that all their OBGYN are fully booked till January 2018.
I had my mouth opened and looked at my belly, because I know this baby is coming out way way before then.

To God Alone Be All The Glory!

Wow! That was some risk...but boldness too...and eventually protocol was broken for your sake smiley
Hope the costs aren't back-breaking though?
There'd be no issues...and ALL your needs would be supplied!!!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SuperDad: 7:18pm On Nov 15, 2017
For whoever would need this info I stumbled upon, (especially mamas due between April & May 2018 and would perhaps be needing to travel from March and May 2018) , it seems there's a Virgin Atlantic deal to ATL for 420k now...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 15, 2017
Reine22:

Hmmmm.....regarding "favour"....... @justwise pls pls pls don't delete my post... tongue

When we do what we know to be right, including telling the truth about our intentions to birth in the U.S. we have our accomodation and funding for hospital sorted and we never plan to use any form of aid and we plan to return home to Nigeria once done....and we get the visa...we call it's God's favour because we know it could have gone the other way.....VO is having a bad day...doesn't like your dress or make-up.... or just doesn't believe you!

When we do wrong and lie and still call it God's favour......we may think we've gotten away with pulling a fast one.....but as sure as harvest follows planting there will be consequences for our actions....it could be future visa denials.....It may be nothing related to the U.S. visa...it may be another country 's visa......it may not even be visa related...it maybe one job in a couple of year's time that you are applying for.....but there will be consequences for our actions.

Then there's mercy....story for another day
...a lady here explained how she had lied and came clean at a subsequent interview....and was granted...that some people get mercy is not license for bad behaviour sha!

The fact that people do bad and call it favour does not negate favour sha! To acknowledge favour is humility...search the thread for the every well travelled lady who was turned back at POE with her whole family even when they had sufficient funding and had been on holiday the previous summer....and seemingly had not violated any immigration rules previously...granted Its rare but......

Please don't bash favour because people misuse the word, just leave them.......

My 2 kobo!!!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aremso(m): 9:35pm On Nov 15, 2017
Reine22:

I beg to disagree with you ma/sir! you cant generalize the case with everybody, what is the percentage of people going and not willing to come back again to those who are willing to pay their bills and return back to Nigeria. If you can proof beyond reasonable doubt you can pay your bills and return back home and its not illegal then why not do it. In my case i have even paid the hospital bills and was willing to pay the dr bills and the rest and my wife was denied due to some error we made. Please mind, you i WILL NEVER SUPPORT ANYBODY WHO IS NOT WILLING TO PAY ALL HIS/HER BILLS because as an economist, there is no free meal is either you paid for it or some one is paying for you so NEVER will i support that but dont generalize. That is my take on that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aremso(m): 9:48pm On Nov 15, 2017
elohim24:

dont change your income but in your DS 160 they asked your duties, you can also state in your ds 160 all these will be in their system which the vo will also must have gone tru b4 interviewing you. Thats my take on this, wish you good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.