Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977778 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2017
Weperwema:
@ Everyone Pls I need clarification with this Annotation on the visa page.

DW went for interview and was granted Visa
During the interview she on her own informed the VO that she was pregnant even though she just applied to go on vacation with me this December(I have visa already and traveled before).The V.O asked if she intends to give birth in the US and she responded by saying.... that would be next year in February.The V.O then said he would put that in her records but that she should inform them at the POE when she is doing and get necessary papers ready.Now she is considering going to deliver next year January because the allowed office leave for the December is just for fewer days than expected.She is now planning to deliver in Missouri.

How can we know what Annotation is on her visa?
Would she have any challenge at the POE even with all her possible compliance?

From what you wrote down here,I think what the VO meant was that he would record it In her interview transcript that she mentioned that she would love to use the visa for delivery. As we have been made to understand on this forum that CBP do pull up visa interview transcripts at poe

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oluwafunkenny: 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2017
@Chibertha and Suzist,
Hi, do you have any reservation for not wanting Harris Health System, l delivered at Ben Taub in 2015 via CS. l am due by God's Grace in mid 2018. When l wrote the head of delivery section and my personal obgyn, they all consented that l can give VBAC a trial (Though am yet to make up my mind).
The head of delivery section is associate Prof and my obgyn is also Prof from Baylor college of medicine, both female as you said. Also, because Ben Taub is a general hospital, they have obgyn and anaesthesiologist on shift at any point in time so even if your personal person is not around, you have a crowd to attend to you. On my delivery day, my obgyn was in Africa for a conference and l had a wonderful time with those around.

One point to note again, they bill antenatal separately and seems d staff like seeing people. The more you go the more you are billed.

Suzyt:
Hi

I have been in search of this as well. Some doctors are ok with it (usually female doctors) but the issue is the hospital they are affiliated with. There’s a rule they have to comply with which basically provides that once a woman who’s to do vbac goes into labour, both obgyn and anaesthesiologist must be at most 3 minutes away from the patient. That pretty much means leaving all your day’s to do to indefinitely hang around a woman who could easily labour for the next 18 hours. Even if your office is with the hospital premises, that wouldn’t do, you need to be very close. So this is the reason why many just say no they are not doing vbac. The alternative as I wasadvised is to try labouring a while at home. So if you are already 6cm plus when you get to triage, perhaps your doctor who is not anti vbac can “stall” and proceed to do the vbac. This has its risks too so it’s realky up to you. Once your water breaks you should not stay at home any longer due to the risk of infection. There is also the issue of placenta abruptions etc so it’s best weighing it well.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ugoguchy(f): 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2017
My dear thats exactly what everyone was saying,she wasnt ready to give me a visa she just had to look up for an excuse to give me,i have reapplied waiting for my date,

quote author=dere5 post=62523088]

Hope you have reapplied, maybe that particular Vo woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day. I'm sure if you reapply, you might meet a reasonable vo[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2017
@oluwafunkenny,

The only reservation I have has to do with getting my bills ASAP.
They are on my list but still hunting for another as back up though I have not called for advice yet.
Would you be kind to give me a contact for the delivery section?
I have sent you a PM
Thank you
Kind regards.

oluwafunkenny:
@Chibertha and Suzist,
Hi, do you have any reservation for not wanting Harris Health System, l delivered at Ben Taub in 2015 via CS. l am due by God's Grace in mid 2018. When l wrote the head of delivery section and my personal obgyn, they all consented that l can give VBAC a trial (Though am yet to make up my mind).
The head of delivery section is associate Prof and my obgyn is also Prof from Baylor college of medicine, both female as you said. Also, because Ben Taub is a general hospital, they have obgyn and anaesthesiologist on shift at any point in time so even if your personal person is not around, you have a crowd to attend to you. On my delivery day, my obgyn was in Africa for a conference and l had a wonderful time with those around.

One point to note again, they bill antenatal separately and seems d staff like seeing people. The more you go the more you are billed.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by LI(m): 10:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hello...is anybody home?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 4:53am On Nov 20, 2017
IHello please I've tried to reply everyone that sent Mr a message... But I only got an alert in my email but did not see your message.
I don't really know how NL private messaging works...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 6:31am On Nov 20, 2017
Ayotundesh:
IHello please I've tried to reply everyone that sent Mr a message...
But I only got an alert in my email but did not see your message.
I don't really know how NL private messaging works...

What you get is an automated mail, just reply the mail and tell the person that you got a mail from them and that they can get back to you on this email address, thats when they will reply you and to tell you why they want to get intouch with you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by goobyparks(f): 9:24am On Nov 20, 2017
Hello house, pls I need some clarification.
For the notarized form, does DH need to go to U.S embassy in Naija even after meeting a lawyer to sign and stamp the form? Someone asked him to go 2 d embassy with an electronic copy of d baby's BC (saying that was hw he did his own last yr). Some others are saying he shld just get a lawyer to sign and stamp and post it 2 me.
Pls which is correct?

P.S, i'm in Virginia so it will take @ least 2wks to get BC. So we can't wait dat long jst to start d notarization process plus d time it will take to mail it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mrsdoctor007: 9:46am On Nov 20, 2017
goobyparks:
For the notarized form, does DH need to go to U.S embassy in Naija even after meeting a lawyer to sign and stamp the form? Someone asked him to go 2 d embassy with an electronic copy of d baby's BC (saying that was hw he did his own last yr). Some others are saying he shld just get a lawyer to sign and stamp and post it 2 me.
Pls which is correct?

P.S, i'm in Virginia so it will take @ least 2wks to get BC. So we can't wait dat long jst to start d notarization process plus d time it will take to mail it

He needs to go online and make an appointment to see the consular. Just go with the details of birth not nessary birth certificate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baldman: 11:01am On Nov 20, 2017
I heard some people talking about getting an earlier date. I just booked an appointment for my wife and we got 29th November, 27 and 28 was also available. Go give it a shot.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by goobyparks(f): 2:17pm On Nov 20, 2017
Mrsdoctor007:

He needs to go online and make an appointment to see the consular. Just go with the details of birth not nessary birth certificate.

Pls wat do you mean by details of birth, what kind of document can serve?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 2:46pm On Nov 20, 2017
goobyparks:
Pls which is correct?

Not any Lawyer, it must be a Notary Public.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 7:46pm On Nov 20, 2017
baldman:
I heard some people talking about getting an earlier date. I just booked an appointment for my wife and we got 29th November, 27 and 28 was also available. Go give it a shot.

This should be a fresh apointment i guess
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Christine77: 8:57pm On Nov 20, 2017
goobyparks:

Pls wat do you mean by details of birth, what kind of document can serve?

Go with the printed and filled form ds3053 and a photocopy of your (ur husband) international passport, data page n back of passport. Also go with original for citing.

The details are the info required in the form e.g name of child and date of birth etc

Fill with black pen.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Abuleoshi: 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2017
Christine77:

Go with the printed and filled form ds3053 and a photocopy of your (ur husband) international passport, data page n back of passport. Also go with original for citing.

The details are the info required in the form e.g name of child and date of birth etc

Fill with black pen.
Hi, once the form is notarised, can it be scanned or it is only the original copy that is accepted in Houston, Texas?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Marylandmama: 9:24pm On Nov 20, 2017
Abuleoshi:

Hi, once the form is notarised, can it be scanned or it is only the original copy that is accepted in Houston, Texas?

The original copy has tonne sent to you thru a courier service. They don't accept scanned copy. [color=#000000][/color]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by peace004: 11:14pm On Nov 20, 2017
Good evening mama's & papa's in d house, for those who have done or book emergency appointment. Pls I need help urgently, I need to know which exact documents do I need to upload to get emergency appointment approve for child birth.. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aye88: 7:48am On Nov 21, 2017
baldman:

Lucky you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nalinisingh(f): 10:02am On Nov 21, 2017
Hello I have been stalking this page for years now. Please I need advice, am currently about 21 weeks pregnant and I want to have my baby in USA. I intend to travel with my mum and my 2 year. My husband will be sponsoring the trip. My question is should we all apply together or should we apply as a family first and have my mom apply later. What’s our chances if we all apply together. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by goobyparks(f): 10:22am On Nov 21, 2017
Christine77:

Fill with black pen.

Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 10:26am On Nov 21, 2017
julzz:

Hi, when are you leaving, I'm l.a bound planning on leaving Jan via virgin Atlantic, i'all pm you.

responded to your mail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 10:29am On Nov 21, 2017
Ayotundesh:

Virgin Atlantic...No special treatment to pregnant women.

For seats with leg space, you pay extra on for them while in the air...They charge between £70- £ 120.

It was just a plain flight....
All I wanted was to reach my destination....

Went through London spent a night lodged in a hotel, left the next morning....

It was the sane type of service, nothing special.

Did u pay for the hotel lodge? did u need a UK VISA to stay in the lodge?

thank God for journey mercies
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 10:31am On Nov 21, 2017
With the rate they deny ppl based on home ties now, I advice you apply with your mum alone so that your husband can be or add to your home ties. When you get there, he can apply. Also, this will asist ur budget to be more reasonable compared to income.

quote author=Nalinisingh post=62575086]Hello I have been stalking this page for years now. Please I need advice, am currently about 21 weeks pregnant and I want to have my baby in USA. I intend to travel with my mum and my 2 year. My husband will be sponsoring the trip. My question is should we all apply together or should we apply as a family first and have my mom apply later. What’s ojur chances if we all apply together. Thanks[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 10:33am On Nov 21, 2017
Ayotundesh:

From Nigeria to London it was tighter than the airplane that took us from London to Atlanta.

But you can buy seats with extra leg room...each leg roomed seats has different prices attached to them.

thank you. i think its same thing with all Airlines.

when i took delta, the flight time was shorter than this Virgin anyway.
but the leg room from LOS to ATL was tighter than ATL to Dallas

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 10:48am On Nov 21, 2017
goobyparks:
Pls which is correct?

u just get a lawyer with a seal to stamp and sign. post it via someone coming, DHL or go to the airport and ask the airline.

i took mine when leaving and inputted the dates when the baby was delivered

all the best

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iwuoahsamuels: 1:17pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hello sis
Have u got a response to your inquiry?
Pls share
I have a host in Atlanta Georgia and need to make inquiries all around the location
Pls share what you got
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iwuoahsamuels: 1:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
First time mum and have been reading through the posts for this particular information
I have learnt a lot already
Pls
I have got a host at Atlanta Georgia
Pls email doctors contact if you have used a good one at Atlanta
Pls send cost breakdown or budget/expenditure used if you gave birth in this location
Thanks a lot
I’m iwuoha.samuels@yahoo.com
I appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by rainbowlady: 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
ladeonas:

thank you. i think its same thing with all Airlines.

when i took delta, the flight time was shorter than this Virgin anyway.
but the leg room from LOS to ATL was tighter than ATL to Dallas

@Ladeonas, Please which hopsitalin ATL are you using?.. May i PM you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Osinowoosibanjo(m): 2:08pm On Nov 21, 2017
[My sister, i will advise you apply with your Mother only. Also read through the chat to get urself familiar with likely questions and answers. author=Nalinisingh post=62575086]Hello I have been stalking this page for years now. Please I need advice, am currently about 21 weeks pregnant and I want to have my baby in USA. I intend to travel with my mum and my 2 year. My husband will be sponsoring the trip. My question is should we all apply together or should we apply as a family first and have my mom apply later. What’s our chances if we all apply together. Thanks[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.