Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (976986 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aremso(m): 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2017
Osinowoosibanjo:
[My sister, i will advise you apply with your Mother only. Also read through the chat to get urself familiar with likely questions and answers. author=Nalinisingh post=62575086]Hello I have been stalking this page for years now. Please I need advice, am currently about 21 weeks pregnant and I want to have my baby in USA. I intend to travel with my mum and my 2 year. My husband will be sponsoring the trip. My question is should we all apply together or should we apply as a family first and have my mom apply later. What’s our chances if we all apply together. Thanks

in my own opinion, she could apply with hubby and still be granted visa cos we have read about both on this forum. the best thing is to do deep research and adequate preparation and review the thread again and again, with God favour both will be given visa

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 3:16pm On Nov 21, 2017
Things have changed my dear, she stand more chances leaving hubby behind.

quote author=aremso post=62584040]

in my own opinion, she could apply with hubby and still be granted visa cos we have read about both on this forum. the best thing is to do deep research and adequate preparation and review the thread again and again, with God favour both will be given visa[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sizl: 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
Osinowoosibanjo:
[My sister, i will advise you apply with your Mother only. Also read through the chat to get urself familiar with likely questions and answers. author=Nalinisingh post=62575086]Hello I have been stalking this page for years now. Please I need advice, am currently about 21 weeks pregnant and I want to have my baby in USA. I intend to travel with my mum and my 2 year. My husband will be sponsoring the trip. My question is should we all apply together or should we apply as a family first and have my mom apply later. What’s our chances if we all apply together. Thanks

what we did was apply first then DW's mum applied after we had gotten ours. Your mum is more likely to get hers if you already have yours. Though we did ours separately so we can save costs in case we got denied
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hello house, my profile was updated after several calls and email. I have finally booked an apointment, I even got December. Thanks to all that contributed and gave me relief, I apreciate.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Quin17: 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2017
Omodadi2:
Hello house, my profile was updated after several calls and email. I have finally booked an apointment, I even got December. Thanks to all that contributed and gave me relief, I apreciate.

cool

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jenyjay: 9:31pm On Nov 21, 2017
Omodadi2:

That's good to hear. When in December did you get?early mid or late. All the best though.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Biodun1234: 10:22pm On Nov 21, 2017
Good evening. Please I want to book Virgin Atlantic to US from Lagos. Would I need a transit visa in London because the lay over is about 22 hours
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Biodun1234: 10:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
Good evening. Please I want to book Virgin Atlantic to US from Lagos. Would I need a transit visa in London because the lay over is about 22 hours. Kindly assist urgently anyone who has used Virgin Altantic to the US
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 11:06pm On Nov 21, 2017
Biodun1234:
Good evening. Please I want to book Virgin Atlantic to US from Lagos. Would I need a transit visa in London because the lay over is about 22 hours. Kindly assist urgently anyone who has used Virgin Altantic to the US

you don't need a transit Visa bad long as you are inside the airport. but please why do you want the stress of 22hours transit in an airport. Don't forget you are carrying baby oo.

Please save yourself unnecessary stress and look elsewhere.

Alas final decision is with you though

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chimzee: 12:03am On Nov 22, 2017
Hello everyone. I'm due in march, had my first baby in California and it was really expensive. looking for somewhere cheaper and a few people suggested oakbend medical center. Please does anyone have any experience using oakbend. What Dr can I use as ill be having a c section? And please can i get any info about accommodation around the hospital. I also wouldn't mind getting someone to share an apartment with. Thanks in advance for the info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ANIT1: 1:16am On Nov 22, 2017
goobyparks:
Hello house, pls I need some clarification.
For the notarized form, does DH need to go to U.S embassy in Naija even after meeting a lawyer to sign and stamp the form? Someone asked him to go 2 d embassy with an electronic copy of d baby's BC (saying that was hw he did his own last yr). Some others are saying he shld just get a lawyer to sign and stamp and post it 2 me.
Pls which is correct?

P.S, i'm in Virginia so it will take @ least 2wks to

get BC. So we can't wait dat long jst to start d notarization process plus d time it will take to mai
l it

I not think it’s necessarily the one done at the Embassy.. because when DH did for our LO it was just signed by a lawyer
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 3:10am On Nov 22, 2017
Another thing about virgin Atlantic was the jollof rice and chicken they gave...The tiny rice did not taste like jollof,....
In conclusion I didn't enjoy the meal, the taste, the color, the size...lol.(chicken inclusive)

But I thank God for getting me to my destination.

Err I would say that if you have the money, use Emirates instead...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 5:38am On Nov 22, 2017
chimzee:
Hello everyone. I'm due in march, had my first baby in California and it was really expensive. looking for somewhere cheaper and a few people suggested oakbend medical center. Please does anyone have any experience using oakbend. What Dr can I use as ill be having a c section? And please can i get any info about accommodation around the hospital. I also wouldn't mind getting someone to share an apartment with. Thanks in advance for the info.

My advice is read this thread, you'll get all your answers. It's a do it yourself forum
Oakbend is one of the most used medical facility here

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 9:38am On Nov 22, 2017
rainbowlady:

@Ladeonas, Please which hopsitalin ATL are you using?.. May i PM you?

my final destination was Dallas, Forthworth. my POE was Atlanta
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 9:43am On Nov 22, 2017
chimzee:

thats strange heard some area in California are even cheaper than Dallas.

i am using a hospital in California early next year , so i would give u more information when i use the service myself.

all the best in your search
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 9:45am On Nov 22, 2017
Ayotundesh:
Another thing about virgin Atlantic was the jollof rice and chicken they gave...The tiny rice did not taste like jollof,....
In conclusion I didn't enjoy the meal, the taste, the color, the size...lol.(chicken inclusive)

But I thank God for getting me to my destination.

Err I would say that if you have the money, used Emirates instead...

i thought Emirate was cheaper. i avoided them due to the longer flight time. it was showing 35hrs flight time

thanks for the advice, would stay away from there Jollof rice then, and take enough snacks along

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 12:35pm On Nov 22, 2017
ladeonas:

i thought Emirate was cheaper. i avoided them due to the longer flight time. it was showing 35hrs flight time

thanks for the advice, would stay away from there Jollof rice then, and take enough snacks along
You can actually take your own jollof rice along.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
Is your POE JFK? If so there are many options with Virgin Atlantic.. ..you don't need to pick the one that 22hours layover....for example there's a flight that departs Heathrow for JFK at 8pm just after the VA Lagos flight arrives at about 5pm, provided they are no delays from Lagos and provided you're flying VA from Lagos, that's just 3 hours.....even if your POE is Atlanta the next flight is 9/10am the following morning from Heathrow...i think this flight is run by VA and Delta....the layover is just over 12 hours..... Just check VA's website for the Heathrow-US leg and let your agent know exactly what you prefer. They are so many options from Heathrow that you shouldn't have to wait a whole day for a connecting flight.

By the way no transit visa required if you are not leaving the airport.

All the best!

Biodun1234:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2017
sugah:

really that would be awesome. i would try that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jordie: 2:40pm On Nov 22, 2017
There is a lounge in the airport, you go there. It's £20 per hour. 21hrs layover is crazy oh. Mine was 13hrs.
julzz:
Virgin Atlantic fare is really cheap and tempting but someone said I won't be allowed to sleep at the airport and I don't ve U.K Visa to enter and lodge,so how do you manage a 21hr layover biko peeps that used virgin.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2017
jordie:
There is a lounge in the airport, you go there. It's £20 per hour. 21hrs layover is crazy oh. Mine was 13hrs.

ahhhhh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by biodunajayi: 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2017
Please 20 pounds per hour in the lounge is expensive. would they allow me to stay at the airport for the 23 hour lay over if I do not sleep. would I require a uk transit visa. please has anyone experience virgin atlantic layover and what was the situation. were you allowed to stay at the airport to wait for your connecting flight despite that the lay over is a long one.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2017
biodunajayi:
Please 20 pounds per hour in the lounge is expensive. would they allow me to stay at the airport for the 23 hour lay over if I do not sleep. would I require a uk transit visa. please has anyone experience virgin atlantic layover and what was the situation. were you allowed to stay at the airport to wait for your connecting flight despite that the lay over is a long one.

i dont think they would chase you away from the airport , they mostly likely work 24hours.
its your own comfort thats the issue, you cant seat on those airport chairs for that long with your belle
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oyibo4real: 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2017
sugah:

I really doubt if this is allowed cos mine was seized before boarding in 2015. I almost ran mad as twas meant for my 1 year plus boy, who ended up not taking anything till we got to US. I don't even want to remember how I pleaded wt those FAAN officials at d "stop n search" unit of the airport. After seizing my food, they advised me to hide my bottled water inside my jacket as the airline(emirate) won't allow me board wt it. Twasn't funny honestly, but you can still give it a try. Can someone else relate with this?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ugoguchy(f): 8:06pm On Nov 22, 2017
ladeonas:

thats strange heard some area in California are even cheaper than Dallas.

i am using a hospital in California early next year , so i would give u more information when i use the service myself.

all the best in your search

Check your mail please

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2017
oyibo4real:

I really doubt if this is allowed cos mine was seized before boarding in 2015. I almost ran mad as twas meant for my 1 year plus boy, who ended up not taking anything till we got to US. I don't even want to remember how I pleaded wt those FAAN officials at d "stop n search" unit of the airport. After seizing my food, they advised me to hide my bottled water inside my jacket as the airline(emirate) won't allow me board wt it. Twasn't funny honestly, but you can still give it a try. Can someone else relate with this?
There's no law against carrying food. Only liquids.
I almost always carry my food (although I just buy at the airport and take through security... depending on where I buy from).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by davichido(m): 11:19pm On Nov 22, 2017
My Wife delivered our BBG last week in Brooklyn NY, she is asking for a discount on her total bill but the hospital is rather putting pressure on her to get MEDICAID for our baby and she can pay her own bill. Have anyone taken medicaid for their baby? any consequences?.

Thanks for your helpful responses as always.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Petdaughter: 11:51pm On Nov 22, 2017
davichido:
My Wife delivered our BBG last week in Brooklyn NY, she is asking for a discount on her total bill but the hospital is rather putting pressure on her to get MEDICAID for our baby and she can pay her own bill. Have anyone taken medicaid for their baby? any consequences?.

Medicaid Haven't you been reading and following this thread! Please do not touch Medicaid as you would find that you are playing with fire, unless you want your wife (and maybe even you) to receive a visa ban. Pay your bills pls. Quick question; Did you not research your costs before you decided to have a baby at that hosp? Congratulations on you new addition

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 3:30am On Nov 23, 2017
dere5:

What you get is an automated mail, just reply the mail and tell the person that you got a mail from them and that they can get back to you on this email address, thats when they will reply you and to tell you why they want to get intouch with you

Ooh I see... It works by emailing one another, not a messenger per say.
Thank you...
So when I reply, do I have to type my email addy out in my reply?
Or the email address shows automatically with any reply?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Beautyaddy: 3:36am On Nov 23, 2017
davichido:

Very bad temptation.

I want to assume that your wife got the medical visa to go birth in the US convincing the VO that all medical expenses including the baby's medical expenses will be paid by her.

However, if the medical expenses turnouts higher than bargained and the hospital is not willing to give your wife some kind of discount then let her make arrangements with the hospital to make payment plans to pay the outstanding medical bills.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.