Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977604 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 10:27pm On Nov 25, 2017
Sub
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 10:27pm On Nov 25, 2017
TWoods:

There is no law against carrying food on a flight. I don't think you can bring food from home and it will be allowed through security. You can buy food after security and board your flight though. That's the difference.

Yes I think so...too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drI: 12:24am On Nov 26, 2017
TWoods:

QED. Its just that simple. When people ask for discounts and medicaid, they don't exist. Someone else is picking up the slack (either in form of taxes or insurance premiums). The hospitals happily push these as options since it is a lot easier for them to send government a bill than trust you to pay what you truly owe. Have the integrity to do exactly as you promised at your visa interview... pay 100% of what you owe. The idea of medicaid should never come up at all... black lives do matter, but we cannot demand others respect us if we can't respect basic rules of decency.

If you're upset about this, sorry. But the truth isn't going to change simply because you have a problem with it. Episodes such as the above are reasons i no longer subscribe to the Nigerian version of "christianity". 99.9% of the cheats, liars and uncouth folks here are likely the first people in church on sunday.

good day Sir. I do agree with you in the fraudulent use of medicaid whatsoever the case may be. but I beg to disagree on the discount aspect. Most hospitals offer discount to international patients or even any other uninsured patient paying cash out of pocket. it's not in any way passed on to the tax payers. its just their modus operandi. infact some clinics sometimes have times when they are celebrating or having some sort of promo and offer special packages with significant reduction in costs. they also have certain terms and conditions attached. it obviously not wrong to take such offers. it's like saying it's wrong to buy items because they are on sale.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 2:37am On Nov 26, 2017
My POE Story

I flew BA to Austin, Texas on 23 November at 33+6 days. Check in was a breeze, as usual with BA. I was asked for my fit to fly letter from my Dr. However, I was not allowed to fly with a bottle of palm oil I had in my luggage. Flight to London was smooth - ate and slept. Got to London and I had booked a wheelchair, which turned out to be a waste of time. Waited for their buggies that took us into another waiting area in the airport. Wheelchairs were coming in one by one to pick people but at fairly long intervals. Thankfully, I had a 6 hour layover, however, after waiting for about 45 minutes, I packed my stuff and walked to the lounge myself. Took a shower, ate, rested and waited for my connecting flight to Austin. The flight to Austin was about 10 hours and the cabin was relatively empty. Landed in Austin about 3.50pm and didn’t bother to wait for wheelchair. Thankfully, it’s a relatively small airport and our flight was the only flight that landed at the time. Went to the automated passport machine and printed my slip; which came out with an ‘X’ so I knew I was going for secondary inspection, as my visa had an annotation from past experience. Had got the visa earlier this year before I got pregnant and I had used it for vacation in July. (When I came in July - LAX POE, the CBP asked if I planned to have a baby in the US. Said yes but much later in the year. I was stamped in for just 3 weeks at the time, as that’s what I had on my ticket). Anyway, picked up luggage and walked to the CBP

Passport please
What brings you here today? – Visiting family and I’m having a baby
Do you have a doctor’s appointment? – I have correspondence with a doctor already
Types, picks up a yellow folder and says follow me
Got to secondary inspection and only 1 passenger there. Met another CBP officer, a man, who attended to me. He got my luggage and went through EVERY item in my luggage – handbag, carry on, suitcases, asking questions along the way. The officer was actually quite nice though, and none of the questions were unexpected or difficult questions.

Looked through all the correspondence I had in a folder in my handbag – doctor and hospital correspondence, travel itinerary, BOA and Chase Bank Statements, Payslips from work, hospital documents from Nigeria. Took out my phone but did not look into it.

Where are you having the baby? Oakbend Medical in Houston
Where do you work? What do you do? How long have you been doing this? How much do you earn?
Who is paying for this? I’m paying out of pocket
So you’ve been transferring funds from Nigeria? (I was not asked for cash, but I did not have any cash, only US bank statements)
How did you determine the cost? I got estimates from the service providers prior to now
How long are you staying? Who’s the father? Where does he live?
Who are you staying with? How are they family?
Do you attend a church or something? (saw a bible and church material in my luggage) What's the name of the church?
Have you ever been refused entry into the US? When? Why? How many visas have you got after then?
They took the beans I had in my luggage and sandwich I was given on the plane. Other food items I had are smoked fish, pap, garri, crayfish, groundnut.

There was another pregnant Naija lady on my flight who was being interrogated by 2 officers – a man and a woman. I heard them asking to see her cash, why she paid such a low amount as hospital fees on her previous birth, if the cousin she's staying with is her real cousin, as you Nigerians call everybody your cousin!!

I was asked to write down my address in US and my passport was returned to me. I was stamped for 6 months. I’m flying to Houston (Richmond) on Sunday and will book a doctor’s appointment when I get in.

Thanks all!!!

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by domrita: 5:15am On Nov 26, 2017
Hi people... Please has anyone used Houston North west for birthing recently? I hope their miracle moments programme is still 2k.pls what of their peadiatrics? I hope they r better now not that 1k plus bolls they sent in 2015. Pls I need clarification thanks all! Am an April mum looking to use them and Dr Xydas again. Pls help..... I salute my people!
ojceskills:
Lool i dont think its a discount or insurance thing o because i asked and they said its for self pay and they call it miracle moment for birthing.. so i think its a special name for their maternity package

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by peace004: 6:17am On Nov 26, 2017
Supernaturalone:

My POE Story

I flew BA to Austin, Texas on 23 November at 33+6 days. Check in was a breeze, as usual with BA. I was asked for my fit to fly letter from my Dr. However, I was not allowed to fly with a bottle of palm oil I had in my luggage. Flight to London was smooth - ate and slept. Got to London and I had booked a wheelchair, which turned out to be a waste of time. Waited for their buggies that took us into another waiting area in the airport. Wheelchairs were coming in one by one to pick people but at fairly long intervals. Thankfully, I had a 6 hour layover, however, after waiting for about 45 minutes, I packed my stuff and walked to the lounge myself. Took a shower, ate, rested and waited for my connecting flight to Austin. The flight to Austin was about 10 hours and the cabin was relatively empty. Landed in Austin about 3.50pm and didn’t bother to wait for wheelchair. Thankfully, it’s a relatively small airport and our flight was the only flight that landed at the time. Went to the automated passport machine and printed my slip; which came out with an ‘X’ so I knew I was going for secondary inspection, as my visa had an annotation from past experience. Had got the visa earlier this year before I got pregnant and I had used it for vacation in July. (When I came in July - LAX POE, the CBP asked if I planned to have a baby in the US. Said yes but much later in the year. I was stamped in for just 3 weeks at the time, as that’s what I had on my ticket). Anyway, picked up luggage and walked to the CBP

Passport please
What brings you here today? – Visiting family and I’m having a baby
Do you have a doctor’s appointment? – I have correspondence with a doctor already
Types, picks up a yellow folder and says follow me
Got to secondary inspection and only 1 passenger there. Met another CBP officer, a man, who attended to me. He got my luggage and went through EVERY item in my luggage – handbag, carry on, suitcases, asking questions along the way. The officer was actually quite nice though, and none of the questions were unexpected or difficult questions.

Looked through all the correspondence I had in a folder in my handbag – doctor and hospital correspondence, travel itinerary, BOA and Chase Bank Statements, Payslips from work, hospital documents from Nigeria. Took out my phone but did not look into it.

Where are you having the baby? Oakbend Medical in Houston
Where do you work? What do you do? How long have you been doing this? How much do you earn?
Who is paying for this? I’m paying out of pocket
So you’ve been transferring funds from Nigeria? (I was not asked for cash, but I did not have any cash, only US bank statements)
How did you determine the cost? I got estimates from the service providers prior to now
How long are you staying? Who’s the father? Where does he live?
Who are you staying with? How are they family?
Do you attend a church or something? (saw a bible and church material in my luggage) What's the name of the church?
Have you ever been refused entry into the US? When? Why? How many visas have you got after then?
They took the beans I had in my luggage and sandwich I was given on the plane. Other food items I had are smoked fish, pap, garri, crayfish, groundnut.

There was another pregnant Naija lady on my flight who was being interrogated by 2 officers – a man and a woman. I heard them asking to see her cash, why she paid such a low amount as hospital fees on her previous birth, if the cousin she's staying with is her real cousin, as you Nigerians call everybody your cousin!!

I was asked to write down my address in US and my passport was returned to me. I was stamped for 6 months. I’m flying to Houston (Richmond) on Sunday and will book a doctor’s appointment when I get in.

Thanks all!!!

Thank God 4 smooth entry,
Am also Richmond Texas "Oakbend" to arrive second week December.
pls can we connect, av sent u PM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by babiechic: 9:24pm On Nov 26, 2017
mizGene:

Did you finally choose B2 ? And how did that go?

yeah i chose b2, renewed via dropbox and my visa was issued.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by captain90210(m): 11:22pm On Nov 26, 2017
Meeeeee, the things we go through in the hands of these people, very pathetic
Xclusivemaama:

Kai!!!! Thank God u pulled through oo....Get plenty my dear..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by captain90210(m): 12:03am On Nov 27, 2017
Please can u mail me same also. Thanks
MrsHappy:

I could mail it to u, jst send ur email

ogunrindefoluso@yahoo.ca
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by captain90210(m): 1:12am On Nov 27, 2017
Hello NL members
Great job you guys are doing here. I'm a silent reader here and believe me I've learnt a whole lot from the few days I've spent here. I've practically imagined likeable questions from VO and CBP at Poe. But I know God's grace will always abound.

Now my situation is this:
1. My intent is to have DW give birth in the us,
2. I've learnt here to make all intentions known both at the interview and Poe.
3. I have a friend who's got a green card in us, willing to send me and DW an invite for visitation (if that will get us the visa) and thereafter use the same visa for child birth purpose later next year.
4. Or I jejely make arrangements for visa interview without the invitation from my green card friend in the us.

Permit me if I haven't framed this scenario well (as a learner) but your sincere advise would be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by captain90210(m): 1:15am On Nov 27, 2017
ogunrindefoluso@yahoo.ca
captain90210:
Please can u mail me same also. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baddo(m): 2:20am On Nov 27, 2017
Please who has used the Visa On Arrival recently. What was the response time like?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 5:46am On Nov 27, 2017
captain90210:
Hello NL members
Great job you guys are doing here. I'm a silent reader here and believe me I've learnt a whole lot from the few days I've spent here. I've practically imagined likeable questions from VO and CBP at Poe. But I know God's grace will always abound.

Now my situation is this:
1. My intent is to have DW give birth in the us,
2. I've learnt here to make all intentions known both at the interview and Poe.
3. I have a friend who's got a green card in us, willing to send me and DW an invite for visitation (if that will get us the visa) and thereafter use the same visa for child birth purpose later next year.
4. Or I jejely make arrangements for visa interview without the invitation from my green card friend in the us.

Permit me if I haven't framed this scenario well (as a learner) but your sincere advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Which ever scenario you choose is ok,the bottom line is to do your homework very well and get your burden of proof ready.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bubbles123: 9:39am On Nov 27, 2017
baddo:
Please who has used the Visa On Arrival recently. What was the response time like?

Baddoo, pls I'm also interested in that visa on arrival thing.
I've read severally on it but still a bit confused when to use it. Is it when you have newborns American passport but unable to get Nigerian visa in the US?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 9:42am On Nov 27, 2017
ozycy!!!!! I see you!

Where have you been dear?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 10:45am On Nov 27, 2017
feddy27:
ozycy!!!!! I see you!

Where have you been dear?

Na your eye be this grin it haff tey well well. Baby number what are you in now? wink I ve been so off. Popped in to check something and you caught me lol. I need to become active again. I hope am not missing much. kiss kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 11:04am On Nov 27, 2017
ozycy:

Na your eye be this grin it haff tey well well. Baby number what are you in now? wink I ve been so off. Popped in to check something and you caught me lol. I need to become active again. I hope am not missing much. kiss kiss

na my eye o... so good to hear from you..abeg try dey show here sometimes o.. I'm on baby no. 2 o smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Terminalia(f): 11:12am On Nov 27, 2017
Bubbles123:

Baddoo, pls I'm also interested in that visa on arrival thing.
I've read severally on it but still a bit confused when to use it. Is it when you have newborns American passport but unable to get Nigerian visa in the US?

Yes, visa on arrival is used when you are unable to secure LO's naija passport.

You send ur application to Nigerian Immigration. You can get the format from previous posts. Endeavour to send it as soon as u get your baby's American passport as the approval doesn't come on time. I was almost stranded at the airport as United airline(connecting flight) insisted that they need to sight the approval before they can allow my baby to board o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by goobyparks(f): 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2017
Hello all,
For processing baby's passport, they request copy of front and back of parents' intl. Passport.
For the back, should I make the copy with the white sticker or shld i remove it?

P.S: I'm also wondering y they need d back coz there is nothing on it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 2:34pm On Nov 27, 2017
goobyparks:
Hello all,
For processing baby's passport, they request copy of front and back of parents' intl. Passport.
For the back, should I make the copy with the white sticker or shld i remove it?

P.S: I'm also wondering y they need d back coz there is nothing on it.

They dont need the back, they only need copies of parents' data pages

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.