Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977273 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 1:15pm On Nov 28, 2017
Chinemeze17:
You can print it from Qatar expectant mothers page when you are done filling it, you can scan clear copies and email to them or if you are in lagos you can take hard copies to their office and submit.
thanks a lot, much appreciated
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Madcow(m): 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2017
Ayob3:

Thank you, please I'd like to ask if I wouldn't have to print anything from Qatar's website?

What exactly am I sending to them via email pleaseeee

You have to print the medif form, their standard fit-to-fly (from their website) and a medical report from your hospital.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/family/expectant-mothers.html

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by inizo: 2:19pm On Nov 28, 2017
TWoods:

First question - why do you think you are entitled to medicaid? Have you ever paid medicaid taxes? It doesn't fall from the tree you know.

Second question - you obtained a visa by claiming to the VO that you were financially capable of paying for the cost of having a baby, including any accidental costs. If you had mentioned taking Medicaid payments, you would have been summarily denied a visa. Think again.

There is always going to be a record if you take government payouts, that will count against you when you apply for your next visa... and i hope you are denied at that time. It is unfair for you to accept free government many you do not qualify for. The rest of us don't get the luxury of demanding "discounts". The number 1 cause of bankruptcy in the US is medical bills... how is it you get discounts and the rest of us don't? If YOU were in the shoes of the average American, would you be as kind?

the question isnt for you to start acting like you are a saint a simple yes or no or are you the only one paying tax. please respectfully advise a person.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 2:50pm On Nov 28, 2017
Madcow:

You have to print the medif form, their standard fit-to-fly (from their website) and a medical report from your hospital.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/family/expectant-mothers.html

Thanks a lot, God bless you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by domrita: 3:03pm On Nov 28, 2017
Hi ajiobi..i just PM you. Pls kindly reply thanks. ...
ajobi21:
Hello house, This is me giving back �
I got into the US on 18th of September at 35 weeks pregnant through Turkish airline with my toddler. I went with my fit to fly from my doctor to the airport but they insisted I still go to port health ( I feel they are just looking for business for themselves jare). The lady at the porthealth was soo cold saying they never issue fit to fly at 35 weeks. I knew she was just being difficult so I insisted that it's on my airline policy that 35wks is okay. She finally did it and afterwards, my hubby dash her 1k...come and see her shine the brightest smile ever. Smh!!.
Anyway I almost missed my connecting flight at Turkey cus it was just 1 hr wait but thank God we made it. I travelled with my toddler.
We finally got to New York and the queue was so oooo long. A lady came to move us to self service, I got my slip and was moved to poe. This was the fastest interrogation ever!!
The officer asked why I was there...I said child birth. He then asked how much I had, I told him. The officer had no issue but his colleagues ear stood cus d money was like 9500 and so the colleague interrogated further , if it was because I didn't want to declare 10k that I made it 9500, I said no, that it just happened that was how much I got after changing to dollars. He said okay and they stamped my visa. He asked me what food I had, I said garri and could not even translate the others in English (pap, amala, crayfish, ogbono). He just asked me to go, didn't even send me to Agric

I kept looking back cus I didn't believe that was all. Then I noticed my son's passport wasn't stamped but didn't want to go back to same guy before he will remember something he forgot. So I asked another officer walking by who then told me they don't stamp pasport for citizens again.
I was so happy cus nothing was asked sef even though I had carried everything. I had my toddler in US in 2015 but I wasn't even asked for receipts.

My visa was b1/B2 which was renewed through Dropbox in December. I almost wanted to travel during the course of the year just to "use" the visa for visit purpose but thank God I didn't! .

I'm in New jersey now in a rented apartment waiting for baby's arrival. I'm still yet to understand this notarisarion from Naija and VOA cus my hubby was here the last time. Hopefully I will understand it before baby comes, if not, someone who has done it in NJ can give me expo.
All the best guys

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bubbles123: 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2017
domrita:
Hi ajiobi..i just PM you. Pls kindly reply thanks. ...

Good day NLers, Pls has America stopped this notarized letter with Nigerian lawyers? Cos I read in their website that it must be done at their embassy with their lawyer. Pls somebody help.
Is the ordinary one accepted in NYC?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ALADE4J2: 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2017
Pls those that used Houston Northwest Medical Center. Did you get a letter detailing their fees from the hospital directly? And if yes, how did you get it?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by captain90210(m): 2:01am On Nov 29, 2017
Please can I get contact of both or either of the doctors. Thanks [Qquote author=Chijiuche post=62360072]

I will be in houston too by first week in Dec...using Oakbend and Dr Z or Dr F (Have both quotes but distance from their clinic will determine who i will eventually use). We can hook up as well[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ALADE4J2: 7:02am On Nov 29, 2017
Hi Omodadi2, pls can you help me with the the email address of Dr F or E of Oakbend Medical Center and the quotes you received from them? Thank you very much.

Omodadi2:
Hello house, my profile was updated after several calls and email. I have finally booked an apointment, I even got December. Thanks to all that contributed and gave me relief, I apreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 8:25am On Nov 29, 2017
[quote author=ALADE4J2 post=62810536]Hi Omodadi2, pls can you help me with the the email address of Dr F or E of Oakbend Medical Center and the quotes you received from them? My email address is nyernest@yahoo.com. Thank you very much.

[/quote

Okay.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 8:59am On Nov 29, 2017
Yes, you would need to get a visa for you and the baby. your US Visa qualifies you entry with a $40 visa fee and $30 for the child. the airline provides the hotel accomodation and airport shuttle, you provide access to it grin
Tripletmom:

Morning,

Mama’s that have flown with Turkish airlines, please, i need an answer
Was told by one of the wakanow agent that i will need a transit Visa to get hotel accommodation on the return leg.
How true is that?

Also,hope my doctor’s fit to fly Wil b enough?
Although,I intend traveling by 31wks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Pitykitten: 9:16am On Nov 29, 2017
Goodmorning.
Please this is totally unrelated but has anyone ever carried cake to the US?

Someone ‘needs’ undecided Red velvet cake and wants it from a particular place in Lagos.

If you or someone you know has transported this successfully, kindly advise. Thank you so much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anizi(f): 9:31am On Nov 29, 2017
I have successfully taken cake into the Us twice, for my cousin who also likes if from a particular place in lagos (in iced cake oh). Just wrapp in sufficient foil and nylon, place it in your hand luggage.

Pitykitten:
Goodmorning.
Please this is totally unrelated but has anyone ever carried cake to the US?

Someone ‘needs’ undecided Red velvet cake and wants it from a particular place in Lagos.

If you or someone you know has transported this successfully, kindly advise. Thank you so much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tripletmom: 9:36am On Nov 29, 2017
freshdad:
Yes, you would need to get a visa for you and the baby. your US Visa qualifies you entry with a $40 visa fee and $30 for the child. the airline provides the hotel accomodation and airport shuttle, you provide access to it grin

Thanks sir
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lesg4: 12:18pm On Nov 29, 2017
febuary moms going to houston Texas pls pm me if u are interested in sharing rent. thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by honeywealth12: 12:04am On Nov 30, 2017
captain90210:
Please can I get contact of both or either of the doctors. Thanks [Qquote author=Chijiuche post=62360072]

I will be in houston too by first week in Dec...using Oakbend and Dr Z or Dr F (Have both quotes but distance from their clinic will determine who i will eventually use). We can hook up as well
Do you use oakbend and one of the doctor has contact during ur visa application.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by captain90210(m): 1:33am On Nov 30, 2017
Kindly help send to ogunrindefoluso@yahoo.ca also

[quote author=Omodadi2 post=62812461][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by captain90210(m): 3:37am On Nov 30, 2017
Hello family, please is there any advantage paying the $150 (or thereabout) hospital registration fee alongside correspondence with your doctor before going for the interview? At least to show some form of genuinety. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by hotlarry(m): 4:48am On Nov 30, 2017
A quick one please.

At POE, when asked where one will be staying,can u give them the hospital or Dr's address?

Please need ur kind advice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vlesparza: 5:02am On Nov 30, 2017
captain90210:
Hello family, please is there any advantage paying the $150 (or thereabout) hospital registration fee alongside correspondence with your doctor before going for the interview? At least to show some form of genuinety. Thanks

It may help to have proof of acceptance from a doctor if you are asked for it during your interview. Some are asked for documentation and some are rejected without being asked for any documentation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 5:21am On Nov 30, 2017
captain90210:

Most Dr & hospitals that collect this will not even send you correspondence if you don't pay it. It is what assures them that you are not wasting their time, since it will most likely be deducted from your total bill at the end of the day.
With regards to the 'genuinenty ' issue you raised. It all depends on the particular Vo and how he sees it. People have paid bills of $12k upfront and still didn't get visa,so it can be an advantage and at the same time not mean Jack.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 5:28am On Nov 30, 2017
hotlarry:
A quick one please.

At POE, when asked where one will be staying,can u give them the hospital or Dr's address?
Please need ur kind advice.

But wait o,where do you plan to stay before? Why would you give them Dr or Hospital address,are they the ones accomodating you? Don't try it o, you can even be sent back if they suspect that you don't have a place to stay or that you are trying to be funny.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 6:27am On Nov 30, 2017
Where do u plan to stay? if its with the doctor or hospital, then tell them it is. But I doubt your doctor or hospital is accomodating you.

If you have bin reading here, you would have seen how to get an accomodation bokked for your stay, there are sevearal options. Concierge services, intown suite, airbnb, booking.com etc.

quote author=hotlarry post=62839550]A quick one please.

Please need ur kind advice.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 8:10am On Nov 30, 2017
hello people, please I'd like you to please help me to understand the advantages and disadvantages of wheelchair
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by captain90210(m): 8:30am On Nov 30, 2017
Thanks a bunch
dere5:

Most Dr & hospitals that collect this will not even send you correspondence if you don't pay it. It is what assures them that you are not wasting their time, since it will most likely be deducted from your total bill at the end of the day.
With regards to the 'genuinenty ' issue you raised. It all depends on the particular Vo and how he sees it. People have paid bills of $12k upfront and still didn't get visa,so it can be an advantage and at the same time not mean Jack.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by captain90210(m): 8:31am On Nov 30, 2017
Thanks dear
Vlesparza:

It may help to have proof of acceptance from a doctor if you are asked for it during your interview. Some are asked for documentation and some are rejected without being asked for any documentation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mellchii: 10:29am On Nov 30, 2017
Morning Nairaland Family,

This will be my first post by the way. I just left the US embassy in Abuja; so here goes my experience/transcript. I went with my DW and Appointment was scheduled for 7:30am, got there by 7:00am. Happened to be the first on the queue just outside the embassy. The security guys told us we couldn't go in with any more than just documents and maybe your wallet, so I had to drop off my bag with the police van at that point (yea, I had to give a tip when I came back to pick up the bag). We went through the protocol of checking our documents, passport and DS-160 form, they asked for one passport photograph each from DW and myself. There were a series of other security points which we passed through with no issues. After the passports were checked and the passport photographs collected, we were directed to a sitting area with other applicants. At 7:40am, they called the first set of people in (about 20 in number), we lined up to the window where our fingerprints were collected and then next to the interviewing booth. From the way the interviewing area was arranged, you could hear the different interviews going on in the different booths, a couple of guys were being rejected and even the lady in front of us was rejected, though her's was a student visa application. My heart was beating fast sha, my DW and I were silently praying for favor yea. At 7:55am we were directed to booth 6, below is the transcript:

VO: good morning, passport please.
Response: good morning, (gives her the passport)
VO: what's your relationship?
Response: she's my DW, we got married in 2016.
VO: Why are you going to Houston?
Response: To have our baby, my wife is currently pregnant and we'd love to have the baby in the US
VO: Why the US?
Response: Well, I'd love for my child to have dual-citizenship and in the future, give them good opportunity to school in the US.
VO: Have you travelled out of the country before?
Response: yes, I've been to the Netherlands, France, Spain and Italy, and for our honeymoon, we went to the Maldives and stopped over in Dubai on the way back home.
VO: What's your budget?
Response: from our correspondence with the hospital, it should cost us a little over $14k, but I'm hoping to put together $20k before the trip.
(She then asks for my Financials, and I gave her everything- bank statement, payslip, employment verification, budget sheet)
VO: How long have your worked at your current job?
Response: I'm currently in my 5th year, though I've worked with other companies prior to the current one.
(By the way, she's typing all through the conversation)
VO: How did you get to know about the hospital?
Response: Some colleagues at the office have used them before, and made recommendations for me to use the same.
VO: can I have your correspondence with the hospital?
Response: (I give her the doctor's correspondence and directed her to the attached advised fees) those fees helped me build the budget I'm working with.
VO: (to DW) How long have worked?
DW: three (3) months.
VO: (to DW) would you quit your job or take a leave from work?
DW: I'll take a leave from work.
VO: When is the baby due?
Response: ....
VO: Is this your first baby?
Response: this is our first.
VO: Do you know anyone in the US?
Response: None resident, I do have a friend who's schooling in the US.
VO: Where's this friend?
Response: Maryland.

(Types for a while)

VO: I am going to issue your visa, however I will give you three (3) advice you must adhere to, otherwise it will affect any future applications to travel to the US. First, when filling the birth certificate for the child, you MUST NOT state that you are a resident of the state of Texas, because this means the child can access insurance which you are not eligible for, since you aren't resident. So make sure the birth certificate doesn't say that you the parents are resident. Second, do not ask for medical insurance. You are to fully finance your medical expenses and so you must not accept any form of medical insurance. Thirdly, you must ask for an itemized bill for all your medical expenses showing that your bills were completely cleared. This will be requested of you in the future, should you want to go back to the US. Make sure to adhere to this advice.

Response: That's understood. Thanks
VO: Here's a document showing how to pick up your passports.

Most of the questions were directed to me. It went well and by 8:05am we were done and left the place.

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DJUde: 10:55am On Nov 30, 2017
Greetings people, I just joined yesterday n I have been reading and learning a lot.

Please I have some questions one if which is;

I have been denied a US visa before precisely last yr with my husband for tourism but this year I have decided to apply again for birthing and its my hudband that is sponsoring, please any could you give me insight on how much needs to be in the account?

And I have also changed my job since I last applied, can this also affect the issue?

Thanks house

(1) (2) (3) ... (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.