Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977506 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by simababe(f): 8:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
phummy1821:
Hello drafrican, sorry to bother you again I am trying to order for my baby's birth certificate on vitalchek and its asking for my ssn to place the order, I even tried using 4 zeros but it still not going, is there another way of doing it. I filled the form at the hospital though but I don't know how to go about it or check if its ready. I just don't want to waste time in processing the documents. Please how did you get yours.

Try 8 zeros. The SSN is more than 4 digit no.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Udy05: 9:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hello House, Pls i need to know if pregnancy qualifies for expedited appointment? I was denied VISA and DH said i shld reapply but i have a short time. Pls help
Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
Udy05:
Hello House, Pls i need to know if pregnancy qualifies for expedited appointment? I was denied VISA and DH said i shld reapply but i have a short time. Pls help
Thanks!
Medical grounds do qualify but you need full supporting documents to show that you are really pressed for time. You can try your luck for expedited, I think a mama her has gotten while some have come to say the expedited interview date request wasn't granted. So just try in all

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by phunmie306: 10:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
Congrats to all the latest mamas and LOs, still following and goodluck to the future mamalettes. May we all be granted with our heart desires in this new month.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by momsykids2: 10:59pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hello house.
I have two kids and both of them were through C/S
Pregnant with the third now after 3 years of having my second child .
I will like to get contact for a good hospital and doctor to handle my case in the US.
Have Texas in mind and maybe NY
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 11:09pm On Dec 01, 2016
Cloe7 still waiting ma'am
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by phummy1821: 11:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
Oh thank you so much.
simababe:

Try 8 zeros. The SSN is more than 4 digit no.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 12:07am On Dec 02, 2016
Udy05:
Thanks!
Yes i think it qualifies u,because pregnancy is under medical and medical reasons qualifies for expedited appointment,especially when u are running out of time on your delivery date. So give it try it will work.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 12:24am On Dec 02, 2016
freshtestimony:
Hello house, pls I need your candid advice. My DH is coming over this weekend and he hasn't gotten forex but planning to buy from mallam at mma, my question is will those mallam collect pos or transfer from his phone or it must be cash?
Cc firsttymum, LadyGuinivere, Cloe, bisoye84, justwise, pls don't read and pass as he only have tmrw left for him to decide cos bank doesn't work on weekend.
They have pos nd they accept transfer
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 12:44am On Dec 02, 2016
firsttymum:

They have pos nd they accept transfer

Thanks ma'am
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Davidandgo: 3:26am On Dec 02, 2016
Hi,

I think one of the major reason for the denial is that you have a 10 month old son yoi plan to leave behind in Nigetia for a while. May i suggest you reapply with him?

I may be wrong but that was a red flag to me...all the very best!

(quote author=Udy05 post=51507592]Hi House, been a silent reader of this thread and trying to gather up info 2 aid my visa interview. Finally got there on monday and was bounced for no reason. Transcript below;
VO: Good morning. Passport please?
Me: Good morning, forwards passport
VO: Why are u going to d US?
Me: Vacation and to have my baby
VO: Where are u going? Any family there?
Me: El paso. No fam. Will stay in a lodge and abt to bring a printed reservation.
VO: I dnt need 2 see any docs. Will request 4 one when i need to.
Where do u work, Job title, and description
Me: ba bla bla
VO: Have u travelled before?
Me: Yes to Accra with DH
VO: Is this ur 1st baby
Me: No. i have a 10months old son.
Hands me d blue paper. No docs requested.

DH is not happy and wants me 2 reapply but we don't have much time.

Please, i need to know if pregnancy qualifies for an expedited appointment to buy us some time and d fee if different from the normal visa fee.

Pls help a sis. Thanks all.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Udy05: 5:32am On Dec 02, 2016
[Thanks plenty!

quote author=Austine2020 post=51558189]Yes i think it qualifies u,because pregnancy is under medical and medical reasons qualifies for expedited appointment,especially when u are running out of time on your delivery date. So give it try it will work.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Udy05: 5:34am On Dec 02, 2016
Thanks!

[quote author=Davidandgo post=51559280]Hi,

I think one of the major reason for the denial is that you have a 10 month old son yoi plan to leave behind in Nigetia for a while. May i suggest you reapply with him?

I may be wrong but that was a red flag to me...all the very
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 5:40am On Dec 02, 2016
Freshtestimony, sorry I literally dozed off since my madam had slept off grin too, since you said you have a guy you used during your SA trip if he did well you can use him again, let him take the cash sha just incase bank decides to do upgrade that day and network is bad via ebanking. Or let him go to Sulah in the airport there, they have a stand abi office in the arrival terminal beside the firstbank atm and they also have at the departure terminal but i'm so so certain about the exact place it's located there but it shouldn't be hard to find, please all these my descriptions are if he is flying from muritala mohammed intl airport o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 6:40am On Dec 02, 2016
Udy05:
Good morning good pple NL. Can someone pls come 2 my rescue on this

If you read FADEO s account you will understand why you were denied.

Travel history, esp as a family. Be that as it may. It doesn't mean people without travel history don't get visas but the chances are slim
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 6:42am On Dec 02, 2016
cool
oluwainfin:
Good People of Nairaland, I need your help.

My mum wasn't interviewed today, Reason:

Her DS-160 code is different from her appointment confirmation code.

The official said to try to reschedule an appointment in the next two working days, challenge is the next available date is Jan 5th and her ticket is Dec20. Is there anyway to fasttrack her appointment? She is going with DW for birthing purpose.

Thanks for your help!

Who buys a tkt without a visa?/

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 6:44am On Dec 02, 2016
boluwagin:
Hello Mama's in the house!

I have been hunting for cheap ticket to Dallas Mid January till March ending and I have decided the DIY way but nothing encouraging so far...please any help will be appreciated! Thanks

PM me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 7:07am On Dec 02, 2016
jaypisces:

Please what is the implication of overstaying in the US after your Visa expiration and how does it affect subsequent visa renewal and visits

Your visa is only required to take you to the border. The CBP will stamp you in for 6mths or less.

My visa expired august 2015. I left US October, just before the date on my i94 expired. I renewed in January, and my visa was issued. I was called to interview cos I stayed for 5 to 6 months but my records were updated on the system that I went to have a baby.
I have been to the US after then and it has been hitch free
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:39am On Dec 02, 2016
Udy05:
Thanks!
It doesn't dear
Except you go with your doctors report stating serious reasons why you need medical attention abroad.
Good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by LadyOk: 7:39am On Dec 02, 2016
They r not only rip offs, some sell fake dollars. My cousin's cash was mixed with fake dollars. sometimes sef they give u cash n it ends up not being complete. Jazz things. Lol. Pls tell ur hubby to buy from normal mallam in town o! Its not as if mma will be cheaper.

]Hello house, pls I need your candid advice. My DH is coming over this weekend and he hasn't gotten forex but planning to buy from mallam at mma, my question is will those mallam collect pos or transfer from his phone or it must be cash?
Cc firsttymum, LadyGuinivere, Cloe, bisoye84, justwise, pls don't read and pass as he only have tmrw left for him to decide cos bank doesn't work on weekend.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 8:27am On Dec 02, 2016
freshtestimony:
Cloe7 still waiting ma'am

Buying dollars is more expensive at MMA but if you have to sell that's your best place. Any external Mallam will give a better rate than those at the airport. DM for a link to someone who might be able to help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 8:58am On Dec 02, 2016
LadyOk:
They r not only rip offs, some sell fake dollars. My cousin's cash was mixed with fake dollars. sometimes sef they give u cash n it ends up not being complete. Jazz things. Lol. Pls tell ur hubby to buy from normal mallam in town o! Its not as if mma will be cheaper.
]Hello house, pls I need your candid advice. My DH is coming over this weekend and he hasn't gotten forex but planning to buy from mallam at mma, my question is will those mallam collect pos or transfer from his phone or it must be cash?
Cc firsttymum, LadyGuinivere, Cloe, bisoye84, justwise, pls don't read and pass as he only have tmrw left for him to decide cos bank doesn't work on weekend.
freshtestimony:
Hello house, pls I need your candid advice. My DH is coming over this weekend and he hasn't gotten forex but planning to buy from mallam at mma, my question is will those mallam collect pos or transfer from his phone or it must be cash?

Read her comment and be careful o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 9:03am On Dec 02, 2016
chloe7:

Wait till December middle / ending ticket prices will drop a bit then or even that Jan, i'm also due to travel January but i'm chilling till January to buy the ticket

What of PTA? Won't that affect it.. Since PTA now is to queue.

I pray it drops... Cos from what I'm seeing hmmmm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 10:01am On Dec 02, 2016
Qatar has a flight to Washington from 17th January - 30th March for 369k and next cheapest is Ethiopian Airline with 420k. You can get a local ticket from there to Dallas.

Direct flight to Dallas is About 560k.

The layover is quite long for Qatar tho, so you can give it a shot if you won't mind...

boluwagin:
Hello Mama's in the house!

I have been hunting for cheap ticket to Dallas Mid January till March ending and I have decided the DIY way but nothing encouraging so far...please any help will be appreciated! Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 10:06am On Dec 02, 2016
Just found a ticket with Egypt Air to New York sometime in January to Mid February for N299k...

You can go to their website and play around with dates and maybe get the deal for a date that suits you. You can get a local flight to your final destination.

Just helping out guys...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Rhonkee: 10:09am On Dec 02, 2016
Hello house. Myself and hubby has our visa interview here in Lagos ystr and we were denied. I'm totally confused as to why. Here is my transcript ur was a long interview that's why I'm so pained

VO: Good morning
DH & I: Morning Sir and happy new month
VO: have you travelled before?
DH: Yes, we hv both visited Dubai, my wife studied in the UK, I hv visited the UK too
Me: I chipped in that I hv also visited SA
VO: flips through passports to confirm, and asked who is she to you?
DH: my wife
VO: how long have you been married
DH & I: two years
VO: Nods, Do you hv any children and started to type
DH: we have our first baby on the way
VO: so you're are going for childbirth?
DH & I: yes pls
VO: continues to time m asked sir what do you do?
DH: I work for .... as ........
VO: madam what do you do continues to type
Me: I am a ..... Working with .... and I am currently the ....... for ......
VO: how much do you hv for this trip?
DH: answered $15k thinking he requested for our budget, but I corrected him and he responded so, so
VO: can I see your statements?
DH: passed it to him he went through like it was textbook
VO: Which hospital
Me: told him Dr J of WHMC
VO: Any correspondence?
Me: Passed the Drs corres staring my appointment, my appointment card, bills from WHMC, Drs, Paed, email correspondence n our budget
VO: flipped through, focused on the budget for some time and asked how many days in the hotel before delivery and after?
DH: 30days before and after
VO: nods, how do you intend to get dollars, and then he answered his own question that well my hubby has priority cos he works for a financial institution
DH&I: laughed and hubby buttressed that point. I thot we had gotten it at this point
VO: types for a long time and then picked the blue paper I'm sorry your visa this time has been denied, go through the paper to understand why.

My heart was shattered. The rejection was under the 214b ties ish. Hubby wants me to reapply alone.
Pls gurus help me look into our interview, what went wrong for us and what can we do for a better result next time?
Note: I have a cousin in Houston and I thicked yes to having a distant relative in the US.

Pls come to aid plssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Swisstk: 10:13am On Dec 02, 2016
@freshtestimony how did you do your SAY waka to get the exchange?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lively123: 11:00am On Dec 02, 2016
[quote author=Rhonkee post=51566131]Hello house. Myself and hubby has our visa interview here in Lagos ystr and we were denied. I'm totally confused as to why. Here is my transcript ur was a long interview that's why I'm so pained

is it just me but i think the rate of denial is now on the increase lately. Could be anything but i think all loose ends should be tied now before going for interview.

@Rhonkee, i remember you saying something about changing your DS-160 form, are you sure nothing on the form is contrary to what you said at the interview or you didn't fill anything misleading?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Rhonkee: 11:04am On Dec 02, 2016
[quote author=lively123 post=51567728][/quote]

Thanks for your reply.
Yes we wanted to change the DS 160 firm then because we applied fr vacation initially instead of childbirth.
We were able to change it a week to the interview. Besides the only question in this printed interview here that is in the DS 160 I think is the "what do you do"
We didn't lie about anything at all.
I'm just disturbed about the whole thing mahn!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Rhonkee: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2016
Calling on everyone to please come to my rescue!

I really wanted this. It'll be my first baby.

I applied for a B2 visa, no lies in everything I filled in my form.
@nefertiti @furstymun @chibertha @justwise and every other person pls help me look into this I beg you.
What can I do differently please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 11:17am On Dec 02, 2016
hi mamas,

Please quick question for the house / frequent flyers.

Does anyone know when do the counters open in MMA?

Say I am travelling on a flight that leaves at 11pm.

Can I go and check in my bags as early as 3pm, 4pm? Is that possible? I have a non missionary journey coming up and need to make some plans...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:29am On Dec 02, 2016
Rhonkee:
Calling on everyone to please come to my rescue!

I really wanted this. It'll be my first baby.

I applied for a B2 visa, no lies in everything I filled in my form.
@nefertiti @furstymun @chibertha @justwise and every other person pls help me look into this I beg you.
What can I do differently please?

How much will the hotel accommodation cost you for the 30days?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.