Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (976684 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Hopesprings: 10:35am On Nov 29, 2016
phummy1821:
I don't have the total bill yet once I have it I will let you know.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gagat: 11:32am On Nov 29, 2016
drafrican:

After you have ur birth certificate (I did 2)
For the American passport I downloaded the form and filled them don't sign you take it to a notary public at DHL office or I think regular post office with all required documents and a notary public officer will be there and you and hubby (I Donno d process if hubby is absent) sign in his presence and he attaches his signature with ur passports photocopies and pix then you head to Howard county library and pay for expedited had my baby's pix taken there too.
For the Nigerian one you go to the website note how much and what name to address the postal/money order to,there is a place to write ur baby's name then we sent it expedited.they sent us a mail when they received it but for my friend they delayed so she headed to the consulate with the photocopy and all documents speak Yoruba well and pay for expedited you wud get it same day or next,if ur impatient u can get a visa ,the American passport took the longest

Great! Very explict! Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gagat: 11:35am On Nov 29, 2016
TOKNOW:
A little tips on how am coping in this high dollar era.
Before I left, I could not get any PTA after my efforts, I eventually bought 3000 dollars at 467 and left. Before then,I had done some money gram,so I picked up my money gram. I got to know that GTB master card does online/pos transactions at 320/dollar,but only 100 dollar per month, what I did was to get four people (brothers, sisters,inlaws) whom I paid in an equivalent of the 100dollar and who have GTB cards, so they gave me their card details,and every month I have 400dollars at 320 naira to shop online or do Uber and stuffs like that.I only use my GTB card on POS where the physical card is needed.

I also got a credit card from Diamond bank that gives me 1000dollars per month, at the rate of 400 naira/dollar. I use this card to pay for parts of my hospital bills and any bill I can pay partly in case if the 1000dollar limit finishes,I continue the payment next month. These methods have really been helpful to me, even as my hubby was coming,he could not also get travelex PTA from Abuja and black market rate was/is 470, I advised him to just buy 1000dollar just to have some cash on in case of POE, that the method am applying is sufficient.

Great idea for survival

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gagat: 11:39am On Nov 29, 2016
mimibe:
Went thru Atl Poe today, flight was totally full, the hostess thought I was going to pop on board, cos was sick on board, anyways at Atl Poe, did the passport scanning and met the cbp officer,
Co; what are u here for
My hubby: to delivery our baby
Co: how long are u here for
Hubby: 2weeks for him n 60days for the rest of the family.
Co: what do you do?
Hubby: blah
Co: delivery date?
I chipped in December 14
Co:are you using same hospital?
Me: yes
This told less than 3mins,
Stamped us till may 2017
As we were leaving I think we misplace the i94 card given to us on board, so currency control ask us how much we had, and we said 9,900, that's was how we were sent to secondary inspection, my kids were just playing around in there, spent like 20mns before they called us, ask us for previous receipts and asked to check our bags but our checked in luggage did not come with our flight, well they were really nice and gave us our passports. Atl weather is cool.
mimibe:
Went thru Atl Poe today, flight was totally full, the hostess thought I was going to pop on board, cos was sick on board, anyways at Atl Poe, did the passport scanning and met the cbp officer,
Co; what are u here for
My hubby: to delivery our baby
Co: how long are u here for
Hubby: 2weeks for him n 60days for the rest of the family.
Co: what do you do?
Hubby: blah
Co: delivery date?
I chipped in December 14
Co:are you using same hospital?
Me: yes
This told less than 3mins,
Stamped us till may 2017
As we were leaving I think we misplace the i94 card given to us on board, so currency control ask us how much we had, and we said 9,900, that's was how we were sent to secondary inspection, my kids were just playing around in there, spent like 20mns before they called us, ask us for previous receipts and asked to check our bags but our checked in luggage did not come with our flight, well they were really nice and gave us our passports. Atl weather is cool.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gagat: 11:43am On Nov 29, 2016
desoul:
just passing tongue
TripleKMama:
Desoul for President grin
TKM & TKM Jnr peeping. kiss

Rescue 007! I second! grin grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gagat: 12:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
[quote author=igetam post=51467563]
Chai! U harsh small o.

I sent u a pm pls respond so that I can Get some info from u. Thanks for your prompt response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 12:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
Pls does anyone know if travellex has resumed selling PTA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tenic09(f): 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
Hello ma'm pls how do i write here without quoeting anyone....am not so new here but its been a while...
Pls help me out...tnx

drafrican:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by brooklyn20: 1:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
tenic09:
Hello ma'm pls how do i write here without quoeting anyone....am not so new here but its been a while...
Pls help me out...tnx

Just go to the end of the last page and click on reply button .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tenic09(f): 1:31pm On Nov 29, 2016
Hello everyone....am glad to be back on this thread....
Pls i need help on this...
I was denied of a visa in oct...i did not know i was pregnant when applying but find out i was before my appointment...i was denied for no reason...the vo just asked few questions like how many children do i have(i said 2)av i travelled before,where and how many times(i said dubai 2x)what do i do(i told her) and she just brought out a blue sheet...it was my first time of applying...my dh has a visa and has been to us before and it was written in the application that we both re travelling 2gther..i went with his bank statement and f statement of his place of work as he is one of the directors and the company is my sponsor...i even went with his own int passport and every other neccessary documents..
Now i am 3 mnths gone and i wish to give birth in the us..av re applied again still base on visiting and my appiontment is dec23..the reason we did not apply on b1/b2 is cos i was dere in oct...i never knew i was preg before the appointment date and the vo may not believe me...
I dont know if av gone wrong...
Pls help me...what if am asked if am preg or even if am not asked and am issued the visa,what happens at the poe as i intend traveling by feb if am given the visa...

Pls help a sister...plssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tenic09(f): 1:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
Thnx i appreciate..

quote author=brooklyn20 post=51480670]

Just go to the end of the last page and click on reply button .[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doorleemee(m): 1:57pm On Nov 29, 2016
House I need your help.

We were at the Consular today with wifey and our application was denied, abeg Gurus in the house what did we not do right for this refusal. Our transcript is below:
VO: Passport please
DH: Handed over the passport to the VO who was typing for about 10seconds
VO: Why are you going to the US
DH: To have our baby and vacation
VO: What do you do?
DH: xxxx at xxxx
DW: Bleep at xxxx
VO: How long have you been there:
DH: 18months
DW: Almost 2years now
VO: Have you both traveled before?
DH: No
VO: Typed for a few more seconds and told us our application is not successful.

We need advise please as DW is already 24weeks gone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
please mamas has anyone with visa cancelled without prejudice applied for visa through drop box or applied after at all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
Well many things can go wrong with an application
1) if they think your financial standing is not ok ( in their mind o)I.e bank statements income vs hospital bill.cash inflow outflow,sudden increased activity etc
2) ties to your country in your case where did u plan to stay with relatives or an hotel ,what does the relative do in America if it's hotel is ur budget feasible.
3) a lot goes wrong with filling the form they have a way of asking the same question in a different format.
4)your travel history prior to marriage,your named relatives wud be checked before ur interview
5) finally American embassy is the craziest followed by shengen they can deny your visa for no sensible reason in fact they can give you a visa without looking at any document maybe it wasn't your lucky day.if everything is in order you still have time you can reapply and what reason was ticked on the rejection paper/slip
6) the trump effect the new president is not pro anchor babies
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doorleemee(m): 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
drafrican:
Well many things can go wrong with an application
1) if they think your financial standing is not ok ( in their mind o)I.e bank statements income vs hospital bill.cash inflow outflow,sudden increased activity etc
2) ties to your country in your case where did u plan to stay with relatives or an hotel ,what does the relative do in America if it's hotel is ur budget feasible.
3) a lot goes wrong with filling the form they have a way of asking the same question in a different format.
4)your travel history prior to marriage,your named relatives wud be checked before ur interview
5) finally American embassy is the craziest followed by shengen they can deny your visa for no sensible reason in fact they can give you a visa without looking at any document maybe it wasn't your lucky day.if everything is in order you still have time you can reapply and what reason was ticked on the rejection paper/slip
6) the trump effect the new president is not pro anchor babies

Thank you for the response. I am still wondering what exactly the reason was.
1. No document was requested for to objectively check our financial status (Statement of Account, Budget Spreadsheet ...)
2. We would be staying in an hotel we have pre-booked online and the address was imprinted on the form we submitted.
3. No error I know of on the form, everything was vetted.
4. We both have travel history prior marriage. DH schooled in the UK, DW has been to Duabi twice for vacation.
5. Reason: Denial under Section 214(b) means that you were not able to demonstrate that your intended activities in the US would be consistent with the classification of the nonimmigrant visa for which you applied. (We applied for B2 VISA oooo)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayokunle07(m): 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
tekst:
Thanks all for the advice on travelex earlier. Now this is how the experience went:
My friend went to hustle for dollar on the 15th in order to travel with Virgin Atlantic on the 16th Nov by 11am. People travelling on 15th were disappointed by travelex as they haven't really started selling when their plane started boarding. He explained to the staff on duty who advised him to try and get on 15th using online boarding pass. Meanwhile he got to the airport around 6.30am and was already around number 60 on the list. They mixed up line and all, gave tallies, changed to queues, etc. Eventually he got dollar around 7pm at rate of N385. Though travelex collected online boarding pass for the processing but this is said to be based on discretion of the officer selling. He was given his dollar at the boarding gate on the 16th Nov. Mehn dollar hustle is real o. cheesy grin

Traveled on 6th Nov. Flight was for 11am; I got to Travelex at 3.15am. Number was 6. Still didn't get before traveling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Topboyz5: 6:43pm On Nov 29, 2016
drafrican:

Don't rely on Travellex for now. Dollar scarce. Even D remittances given to bdcs have reduced.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FruitfulRay(f): 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2016
There are many reasons why they deny, only God knows.
From going through, I think they feel you don't have strong ties, you haven't worked in your company for that long, if they were paying you that well, why haven't you guys travelled somewhere at least for hold(just thinking Like them oh), now you want to go have a baby.... How?

If you guys had never travelled and u came for just visiting, there might be a chance if greeting it, but u never know with them. I think you should reapply, maybe only wifey, so u will be her tie. Good luck to u guys...

doorleemee:
House I need your he
VO: Passport please
DH: Handed over the passport to the VO who was typing for about 10seconds
VO: Why are you going to the US
DH: To have our baby and vacation
VO: What do you do?
DH: xxxx at xxxx
DW: Bleep at xxxx
VO: How long have you been there:
DH: 18months
DW: Almost 2years now
VO: Have you both traveled before?
DH: No
VO: Typed for a few more seconds and told us our application is not successful.

We need advise please as DW is already 24weeks gone.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by elizabetha(f): 8:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
placebo:

Hi Pinky2016, I am due in May 2017 and considering el paso. I hope we hook up if you dont mind. Email is mrsjirikap@gmail.com

Hello fellow Nairalanders , I am also a May/June 2017 mama and am considering EL PASO. Anyone interested in staying in Chase Suites? Looking for some interested in shared accomodation (2 bedroom suites).....Let's connect ASAP!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Okey79: 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2016
firsttymum:

When I saw chloes comment I had to check ur January 2015 post.
It goes to show that change of intent doesn't work o..... Especially if you were pregnant during the interview.

Now to ur question.
Was it Cancelled with or without prejudice?
And was she banned? If yes for how long
It was cancelled. She has gone for an interview once since then and was denied.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sandy2k: 12:36am On Nov 30, 2016
temmyo:

please go through my previous posts. I've pretty much said most things. If you still have any questions after that you can pm me.
thanks, seen ur previous post
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 12:39am On Nov 30, 2016
FreeOrijin for VP kiss
I dey dear! Mommyhood is wiring me tinz but I dey survive. Wey dat babe wey talk say FTMs can do one tin one tin solo...it are not true o! make una carry ur entire umunna if u can afford it. TKM Jnr arrived 4wkss 2days early & my plans were disrupted. It wasn't easy at all at all o! But my sis is wit me now.
TKM Jnr doing fab. Gulping down BM like there's no tomorrow. Thanks lots dear.
Fyorgyn:

TKM just thought about you today o... say we never see your brake light.

How TKM jnr? And how have you been?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by igetam: 12:59am On Nov 30, 2016
Yes, I have. Twice, and was still given the visa. But didn't qualify for Dropbox.

finegirlna:
please mamas has anyone with visa cancelled without prejudice applied for visa through drop box or applied after at all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by igetam: 1:00am On Nov 30, 2016
I replied ur mail immediately.
You can email me. Cheers.

[quote author=Gagat post=51479364][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by AyaAremu: 2:58am On Nov 30, 2016
Hello peeps,

Pls can any1 who used JPS hospital in Dallas kindly send me a pm or email gentlelilly15@gmail.com.

I need an urgent information.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 30, 2016
igetam:
I replied ur mail immediately.
You can email me. Cheers.

Pls ma I pmd u want to ask u smtn.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tenic09(f): 10:35am On Nov 30, 2016
Somebody shld pls come to my rescue....
Am begging ni ooo...
Plssssss
tenic09:
Hello everyone....am glad to be back on this thread....
Pls i need help on this...
I was denied of a visa in oct...i did not know i was pregnant when applying but find out i was before my appointment...i was denied for no reason...the vo just asked few questions like how many children do i have(i said 2)av i travelled before,where and how many times(i said dubai 2x)what do i do(i told her) and she just brought out a blue sheet...it was my first time of applying...my dh has a visa and has been to us before and it was written in the application that we both re travelling 2gther..i went with his bank statement and f statement of his place of work as he is one of the directors and the company is my sponsor...i even went with his own int passport and every other neccessary documents..
Now i am 3 mnths gone and i wish to give birth in the us..av re applied again still base on visiting and my appiontment is dec23..the reason we did not apply on b1/b2 is cos i was dere in oct...i never knew i was preg before the appointment date and the vo may not believe me...
I dont know if av gone wrong...
Pls help me...what if am asked if am preg or even if am not asked and am issued the visa,what happens at the poe as i intend traveling by feb if am given the visa...

Pls help a sister...plssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kgodie: 10:35am On Nov 30, 2016
Hi everyone, this is my first time here but I've been reading chats since Oct when I first heard about this forum. God bless y'all. Pls is there anyone going to houston in Jan? I'm looking for someone to share accommodation with.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Udy05: 11:18am On Nov 30, 2016
Hi House, been a silent reader of this thread and trying to gather up info 2 aid my visa interview. Finally got there on monday and was bounced for no reason. Transcript below;
VO: Good morning. Passport please?
Me: Good morning, forwards passport
VO: Why are u going to d US?
Me: Vacation and to have my baby
VO: Where are u going? Any family there?
Me: El paso. No fam. Will stay in a lodge and abt to bring a printed reservation.
VO: I dnt need 2 see any docs. Will request 4 one when i need to.
Where do u work, Job title, and description
Me: ba bla bla
VO: Have u travelled before?
Me: Yes to Accra with DH
VO: Is this ur 1st baby
Me: No. i have a 10months old son.
Hands me d blue paper. No docs requested.

DH is not happy and wants me 2 reapply but we don't have much time.

Please, i need to know if pregnancy qualifies for an expedited appointment to buy us some time and d fee if different from the normal visa fee.

Pls help a sis. Thanks all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 12:09pm On Nov 30, 2016
Anyone planning to travel Mid January, willing to depart on the 17th? I was checking around for a flight for myself and bumped into a good deal, compared to other airlines at the moment that are well over N400k... There's a Qatar Flight to IAD for N369k.

The layover in quite long and not sure if it comes with a free night stay at a hotel... I feel its worth checking out.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fatima04: 12:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
Hello house. Pls to Houston mamas i need information on good and affordable accommodation for 2 weeks in December to january. My host is going for hols and wouldn't want to cut short Dre enjoyment. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 1:14pm On Nov 30, 2016
Somebody shld pls come to my rescue....
Am begging ni ooo...
Plssssss[/q

To the best of my knowledge your husband can reapply for his visa especially if it will expire soon and you become his dependant.
A friend of mine did it and it work after the first refusal.
Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.