Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977029 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favoredgal: 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2016
TOKNOW:
Pls house is it compulsory that after discharge from hospital, one must still use another pediatrician after using the compulsory hospital pediatrician for 3 days.

Up to you really and maybe the state of the baby at discharge?

I dint because I left 7 days after birth; 5 dayss after discharge

Saw a paed here in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 10:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
Nice.... Will like to read through you POE experience at houston.

gurlnext2u:
Hello mamas and papas! How is everyone doing?
It is time for me to give back. I already shared my Poe experience a couple of months ago. I used hospital of providence in El Paso through doctores. Fees are pretty much the same as quoted on their website. It was a wonderful experience for me. Delivery room was too fine, felt like I was in a luxurious hotel room grin
I was in El Paso for about 14 weeks. I stayed at Extended stay America. Cost- $2600

Hospital bill- $2700 for vaginal delivery
Obgyn- $ 2500
Ultrasound can- $200
Hearing test- $267
Pathology for baby- $190
Pathology for me- $90
Circumcision- $185
Transportation- I used uber, very convenient and cheap compared to regular cabs. Since Naira denominated cards are now restricted for use abroad, you can link your dollar card.
Pediatrician- $250, then subsequent visit $70
My mum joined me a month after I arrived El Paso, thank God for her life. My mother in law also came to El Paso hehehehe... Lucky me.
Birth certificate was ready after 4 working days, consent form was notarized at US embassy in Abuja. Hubby mailed it through DHL, received it after 2 working days.
U.S. Passport- $165 for expedited fee, it took 1 working day.
I had the passport 3 weeks before I was due to travel home, I didn't want any stories with Naija visa or passport
Naija visa- $385, took 3 working days.
Infant ticket- $380, I also paid for bassinet seat for $35 per route i.e hou- fra, then fra-Naija
Lufthansa gave me a lot of headache concerning this infant ticket, after paying for the ticket I thought everything was ok only for me to go to the airport to make enquiries requiring excess luggage and I was told my baby didn't have a ticket. I immediately called their customer service and they said it was rectified and that the ticket was issue and sent to my mail box. When we got to Houston on our way home, I tried to get a boarding pass for myself, my mum and my baby. Only for me to receive the shock of my life that my baby doesn't have a ticket. I almost shouted the airport down. Unfortunately my phone got bad and I couldn't show the infant ticket I had to the man at the check in counter. I asked him to call Lufthansa that there was no way I could pay for a bassinet seat without having an infant ticket. He told me he doesn't call airline customer services for passengers shocked can you imagine? This is a staff for Lufthansa o. I was so pained. Told me that we will not fly that my baby doesn't have a ticket. Somehow I remembered the confirmation number for my baby's ticket because it was similar to mine. He still said he couldn't find it on his system. That I should look for a pay phone and call Lufthansa. At this point I was really pissed. He then had the nerve to ask why I was shouting at him when he was trying to help. Help how? When he blatantly refused to call to find out what was going on. I walked out and my mum was already panicking. Our phones were not working. I eventually found a pay phone and then the announcement was made that boarding was about to start. I was able to speak to a customer care agent and I poured out my frustration on the poor woman. This thing pained me because I was told in confidence that my bs bay's ticket had been issued and now I was almost stuck in Houston. The lady said my baby has a ticket, I screamed at her that why is the man at the counter telling me rubbish that my baby cannot fly. I demanded for the ticket number and to my dismay it was completely different. The lady apologized profusely and said I should go back to the counter that she will hold on.
I marched back to the check in counter and gave him the ticket number. His supervisor was already saying I should pay for another ticket there[b], then later they will refund the money for the first ticket[/b] please read the last statement I made. How can they refund the money for the first ticket when they claimed I didn't have a ticket for my baby to start with. I just ignored the man. The first man that attended to me now said that the machine isn't accepting the ticket. I bluntly told him that it was his problem not mine. He should rectify it and give me the boarding passes. He then had to call Lufthansa. I said " I thought you said you don't call Lufthansa office for passengers"? This same airline refused to send me the correct ticket and you as a staff working for the airline you cannot assist. Let me stop here abeg, I am already getting angry recalling this nasty ordeal.
Bottom line is we got our boarding passes and we got home safely. My little king behaved. Flight was cool. The air hostesses adored him. I forgot to add that excess luggage was $200 per box. I wish everyone well. God bless you all.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 11:21pm On Nov 27, 2016
I finally found your visa interview and POE interview,

Just question please,
What Doctors correspondence did you give him? Letter of Acceptance?
also can i have a screen shot of the budget sheet. Just wanna be fully kitted and prepared to a reasonable standard because DW, my daughter and I will be having interview on Wednesday 30th in Lagos.

gurlnext2u:
Hello mamas and papas! How is everyone doing?
It is time for me to give back. I already shared my Poe experience a couple of months ago. I used hospital of providence in El Paso through doctores. Fees are pretty much the same as quoted on their website. It was a wonderful experience for me. Delivery room was too fine, felt like I was in a luxurious hotel room grin
I was in El Paso for about 14 weeks. I stayed at Extended stay America. Cost- $2600

Hospital bill- $2700 for vaginal delivery
Obgyn- $ 2500
Ultrasound can- $200
Hearing test- $267
Pathology for baby- $190
Pathology for me- $90
Circumcision- $185
Transportation- I used uber, very convenient and cheap compared to regular cabs. Since Naira denominated cards are now restricted for use abroad, you can link your dollar card.
Pediatrician- $250, then subsequent visit $70
My mum joined me a month after I arrived El Paso, thank God for her life. My mother in law also came to El Paso hehehehe... Lucky me.
Birth certificate was ready after 4 working days, consent form was notarized at US embassy in Abuja. Hubby mailed it through DHL, received it after 2 working days.
U.S. Passport- $165 for expedited fee, it took 1 working day.
I had the passport 3 weeks before I was due to travel home, I didn't want any stories with Naija visa or passport
Naija visa- $385, took 3 working days.
Infant ticket- $380, I also paid for bassinet seat for $35 per route i.e hou- fra, then fra-Naija
Lufthansa gave me a lot of headache concerning this infant ticket, after paying for the ticket I thought everything was ok only for me to go to the airport to make enquiries requiring excess luggage and I was told my baby didn't have a ticket. I immediately called their customer service and they said it was rectified and that the ticket was issue and sent to my mail box. When we got to Houston on our way home, I tried to get a boarding pass for myself, my mum and my baby. Only for me to receive the shock of my life that my baby doesn't have a ticket. I almost shouted the airport down. Unfortunately my phone got bad and I couldn't show the infant ticket I had to the man at the check in counter. I asked him to call Lufthansa that there was no way I could pay for a bassinet seat without having an infant ticket. He told me he doesn't call airline customer services for passengers shocked can you imagine? This is a staff for Lufthansa o. I was so pained. Told me that we will not fly that my baby doesn't have a ticket. Somehow I remembered the confirmation number for my baby's ticket because it was similar to mine. He still said he couldn't find it on his system. That I should look for a pay phone and call Lufthansa. At this point I was really pissed. He then had the nerve to ask why I was shouting at him when he was trying to help. Help how? When he blatantly refused to call to find out what was going on. I walked out and my mum was already panicking. Our phones were not working. I eventually found a pay phone and then the announcement was made that boarding was about to start. I was able to speak to a customer care agent and I poured out my frustration on the poor woman. This thing pained me because I was told in confidence that my bs bay's ticket had been issued and now I was almost stuck in Houston. The lady said my baby has a ticket, I screamed at her that why is the man at the counter telling me rubbish that my baby cannot fly. I demanded for the ticket number and to my dismay it was completely different. The lady apologized profusely and said I should go back to the counter that she will hold on.
I marched back to the check in counter and gave him the ticket number. His supervisor was already saying I should pay for another ticket there[b], then later they will refund the money for the first ticket[/b] please read the last statement I made. How can they refund the money for the first ticket when they claimed I didn't have a ticket for my baby to start with. I just ignored the man. The first man that attended to me now said that the machine isn't accepting the ticket. I bluntly told him that it was his problem not mine. He should rectify it and give me the boarding passes. He then had to call Lufthansa. I said " I thought you said you don't call Lufthansa office for passengers"? This same airline refused to send me the correct ticket and you as a staff working for the airline you cannot assist. Let me stop here abeg, I am already getting angry recalling this nasty ordeal.
Bottom line is we got our boarding passes and we got home safely. My little king behaved. Flight was cool. The air hostesses adored him. I forgot to add that excess luggage was $200 per box. I wish everyone well. God bless you all.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 27, 2016
Fadeo kindly stop quoting long posts, thanks

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 2:17am On Nov 28, 2016
debby516:
Dear NL Family, with much joy i announce d arrival of my LO early today in Oakbend. Was to use Dr. Z but he wasnt on call nd culd nt be reached. By d time d doc on duty came in, my LO has arrived, guess d nurses miscalculated. Other info will follow later.
Congratulations and I hope you will get some refund from your doctor.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 3:41am On Nov 28, 2016
[quote author=uncleC01 post=51425409][/quote]
You are close to the naija consulate it's a few hrs drive do d online payment and when u get a date pay for expedited wud b out next day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by brooklyn20: 8:03am On Nov 28, 2016
debby516:
Dear NL Family, with much joy i announce d arrival of my LO early today in Oakbend. Was to use Dr. Z but he wasnt on call nd culd nt be reached. By d time d doc on duty came in, my LO has arrived, guess d nurses miscalculated. Other info will follow later.

Congratulations.may God bless and keep your little one
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Hawtmom(f): 8:35am On Nov 28, 2016
Congrats Debby516. God bless the newborn
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lively123: 8:54am On Nov 28, 2016
coolcathy:
Hello wonderful people, does anyone know of any bank currently selling PTA

Stanbic sold last week
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sleek3110(m): 11:11am On Nov 28, 2016
Hello All, please can I get update on US Child Birth experiences and all, my wife is due to deliver in the US in June of 2017, we have a B1/B2 Visa, anything we should know and do. please do not hesitate to give opinion especially a firsthand one. Thank you all in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ZaraOli: 11:19am On Nov 28, 2016
@sleek3110
There are lots of first hand experience on the thread. You should try reading through.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 5:39pm On Nov 28, 2016
sleek3110:
Hello All, please can I get update on US Child Birth experiences and all, my wife is due to deliver in the US in June of 2017, we have a B1/B2 Visa, anything we should know and do. please do not hesitate to give opinion especially a firsthand one. Thank you all in anticipation
All the information you needed is on these forum. Try and read back. Then if you didn't get answer to what is bothering you, you may now pick up a unique question and asked. All the best!!!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Okey79: 10:02pm On Nov 28, 2016
Please my cousin's visa was canceled after a year because she did not disclose that she was pregnant when she went for her visa. It was when she later took her first son for visa interview that it was found out that she had her 2nd baby in US.
Please what can she do to get another visa

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
Okey79:
Please my cousin's visa was canceled after a year because she did not disclose that she was pregnant when she went for her visa. It was when she later took her first son for visa interview that it was found out that she had her 2nd baby in US.
Your cousin or your wife?
This is a faceless forum say it as it is nobody will beat you.
Your post from January 2015 says so

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sandy2k: 10:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
temmyo:

Baylor Scott and white medical centre carrolton

Please i need more info about this hospital and which doctor did you use? Can I email you? My email is Sandra2k0@yahoo.com. thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TOKNOW: 10:56pm On Nov 28, 2016
A little tips on how am coping in this high dollar era.
Before I left, I could not get any PTA after my efforts, I eventually bought 3000 dollars at 467 and left. Before then,I had done some money gram,so I picked up my money gram. I got to know that GTB master card does online/pos transactions at 320/dollar,but only 100 dollar per month, what I did was to get four people (brothers, sisters,inlaws) whom I paid in an equivalent of the 100dollar and who have GTB cards, so they gave me their card details,and every month I have 400dollars at 320 naira to shop online or do Uber and stuffs like that.I only use my GTB card on POS where the physical card is needed.

I also got a credit card from Diamond bank that gives me 1000dollars per month, at the rate of 400 naira/dollar. I use this card to pay for parts of my hospital bills and any bill I can pay partly in case if the 1000dollar limit finishes,I continue the payment next month. These methods have really been helpful to me, even as my hubby was coming,he could not also get travelex PTA from Abuja and black market rate was/is 470, I advised him to just buy 1000dollar just to have some cash on in case of POE, that the method am applying is sufficient.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by phummy1821: 11:22pm On Nov 28, 2016
Hello drafrican, can you please itemized steps for baby's documentation in Maryland since you were there for your last missionary journey. Thanks.
drafrican:

You are close to the naija consulate it's a few hrs drive do d online payment and when u get a date pay for expedited wud b out next day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gurlnext2u: 11:24pm On Nov 28, 2016
Yes I gave the V.O the letter of acceptance. Sorry for the late response, the joy of Motherhood grin

I'll send you a PM if I find the budget sheet.
FADEO:
I finally found your visa interview and POE interview,

Just question please,
What Doctors correspondence did you give him? Letter of Acceptance?
also can i have a screen shot of the budget sheet. Just wanna be fully kitted and prepared to a reasonable standard because DW, my daughter and I will be having interview on Wednesday 30th in Lagos.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by igetam: 11:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
Chai! U harsh small o.

chloe7:

Your cousin or your wife?
This is a faceless forum say it as it is nobody will beat you.
Your post from January 2015 says so
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:37am On Nov 29, 2016
Went thru Atl Poe today, flight was totally full, the hostess thought I was going to pop on board, cos was sick on board, anyways at Atl Poe, did the passport scanning and met the cbp officer,
Co; what are u here for
My hubby: to delivery our baby
Co: how long are u here for
Hubby: 2weeks for him n 60days for the rest of the family.
Co: what do you do?
Hubby: blah
Co: delivery date?
I chipped in December 14
Co:are you using same hospital?
Me: yes
This took less than 3mins,
Stamped us till may 2017
As we were leaving I think we misplace the i94 card given to us on board, so currency control ask us how much we had, and we said 9,900, that's was how we were sent to secondary inspection, my kids were just playing around in there, spent like 20mns before they called us, ask us for previous receipts and asked to check our bags but our checked in luggage did not come with our flight, well they were really nice and gave us our passports. Atl weather is cool.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 2:21am On Nov 29, 2016
TOKNOW:
A little tips on how am coping in this high dollar era.
Before I left, I could not get any PTA after my efforts, I eventually bought 3000 dollars at 467 and left. Before then,I had done some money gram,so I picked up my money gram. I got to know that GTB master card does online/pos transactions at 320/dollar,but only 100 dollar per month, what I did was to get four people (brothers, sisters,inlaws) whom I paid in an equivalent of the 100dollar and who have GTB cards, so they gave me their card details,and every month I have 400dollars at 320 naira to shop online or do Uber and stuffs like that.I only use my GTB card on POS where the physical card is needed.

I also got a credit card from Diamond bank that gives me 1000dollars per month, at the rate of 400 naira/dollar. I use this card to pay for parts of my hospital bills and any bill I can pay partly in case if the 1000dollar limit finishes,I continue the payment next month. These methods have really been helpful to me, even as my hubby was coming,he could not also get travelex PTA from Abuja and black market rate was/is 470, I advised him to just buy 1000dollar just to have some cash on in case of POE, that the method am applying is sufficient.
the diamond credit card... How is it funded, and what does one need to get it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 2:27am On Nov 29, 2016
Okey79:
When I saw chloes comment I had to check ur January 2015 post.
It goes to show that change of intent doesn't work o..... Especially if you were pregnant during the interview.

Now to ur question.
Was it Cancelled with or without prejudice?
And was she banned? If yes for how long

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by XX01(f): 2:43am On Nov 29, 2016
firsttymum:
the diamond credit card... How is it funded, and what does one need to get it?

You get a credit limit in Naira that you can either pay down before the month ends or you can pay the minimum due. You apply for it with your pay slips and a letter from HR. This is to determine the limit.

You can go to their website or call their customer care number.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 3:58am On Nov 29, 2016
Desoul for President grin
TKM & TKM Jnr peeping. kiss

desoul:
welcome home dear..May God bless your LO amen.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 4:35am On Nov 29, 2016
TripleKMama:

TKM just thought about you today o... say we never see your brake light.

How TKM jnr? And how have you been?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmyo: 6:53am On Nov 29, 2016
Sandy2k:

Please i need more info about this hospital and which doctor did you use? Can I email you? My email is Sandra2k0@yahoo.com. thanks

please go through my previous posts. I've pretty much said most things. If you still have any questions after that you can pm me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 7:14am On Nov 29, 2016
phummy1821:
Hello drafrican, can you please itemized steps for baby's documentation in Maryland since you were there for your last missionary journey. Thanks.
After you have ur birth certificate (I did 2)
For the American passport I downloaded the form and filled them don't sign you take it to a notary public at DHL office or I think regular post office with all required documents and a notary public officer will be there and you and hubby (I Donno d process if hubby is absent) sign in his presence and he attaches his signature with ur passports photocopies and pix then you head to Howard county library and pay for expedited had my baby's pix taken there too.
For the Nigerian one you go to the website note how much and what name to address the postal/money order to,there is a place to write ur baby's name then we sent it expedited.they sent us a mail when they received it but for my friend they delayed so she headed to the consulate with the photocopy and all documents speak Yoruba well and pay for expedited you wud get it same day or next,if ur impatient u can get a visa ,the American passport took the longest

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by phummy1821: 7:55am On Nov 29, 2016
Thank you so much.
drafrican:

After you have ur birth certificate (I did 2)
For the American passport I downloaded the form and filled them don't sign you take it to a notary public at DHL office or I think regular post office with all required documents and a notary public officer will be there and you and hubby (I Donno d process if hubby is absent) sign in his presence and he attaches his signature with ur passports photocopies and pix then you head to Howard county library and pay for expedited had my baby's pix taken there too.
For the Nigerian one you go to the website note how much and what name to address the postal/money order to,there is a place to write ur baby's name then we sent it expedited.they sent us a mail when they received it but for my friend they delayed so she headed to the consulate with the photocopy and all documents speak Yoruba well and pay for expedited you wud get it same day or next,if ur impatient u can get a visa ,the American passport took the longest
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Hopesprings: 8:28am On Nov 29, 2016
phummy1821:
Thank you so much.

Hi Phummy

Can you please provide an update on you eventual costs at St. Josephs? Tried to PM you but it didn't seem to work

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 9:19am On Nov 29, 2016
igetam:
Just about to pay for tickets for my mom and son and I just saved 115k because I used a different agent. Waaouuww. SAME Airlines and SAME Times oo. Bottom line, pls always do ur assignment well.

*winks*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 9:21am On Nov 29, 2016
TripleKMama:

just passing tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by phummy1821: 9:45am On Nov 29, 2016
I don't have the total bill yet once I have it I will let you know.
Hopesprings:

Hi Phummy

Can you please provide an update on you eventual costs at St. Josephs? Tried to PM you but it didn't seem to work

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.