Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,075 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (979279 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by elizabetha(f): 9:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
muyiwaojo1:
Hello everyone, please I just need to be sure of something. My wife's passport is expiring in June(less than 6 months from now) She has a 2yrs valid US visa on it.. I want to renew the passport before she travels, but I was told that immigration do not have 32 pages passport that what they have is 64 pages and it's for frequent travelers, diplomats and businesses men.
I want to know if I obtain the 64 pages passport for her, will she encounter any type of delay/hindrance while traveling... Thanks guys

I doubt she would have any issues. My DH renewed his intl passport early this year and got the 64 pages. He has travelled once with it and did not experience any issues or delays.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumzt: 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
elizabetha:
Just saw this now, for mums travelling with their kids, qatar is offering free flights
Wow!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 9:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
Kai see awoof. Free ticket for my son kwaaaaa!!!

But Qatar doesn't seem to fly to Houston ..... or am I not checking properly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumzt: 9:26pm On Jan 10, 2017
anonymousmum:

They do. I just chkd. The tickets are expensive jor. $1700 for one adult undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2017
mumzt:

They do. I just chkd. The tickets are expensive jor. $1700 for one adult undecided

Even me I'm just coming from the site.

Very expensive plus mega long layovers. The search continues....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2017
anonymousmum:

They do, maybe you're not checking well grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 10, 2017
anonymousmum:

They should offer hotel accommodation and meal during the long lay over if not run run run run, but I saw Qatar 385k for my dates to Houston o

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Duakkie: 9:50pm On Jan 10, 2017
I'm commenting here for the first time and I want to commend each and everyone whose contributed to making these forum active and also sharing all necessary information for the success of delivery in obodo oyibo .

Please I have tried reading through , but I realized the more you read the less you understand and too much of information brings confusion (lol)

All I ask is if you have information on birthing in Arizona , please help share with me ,

Thanks n God bless

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 10, 2017
Duakkie:
I'm commenting here for the first time and I want to commend each and everyone whose contributed to making these forum active and also sharing all necessary information for the success of delivery in obodo oyibo .

Please I have tried reading through , but I realized the more you read the less you understand and too much of information brings confusion (lol)

All I ask is if you have information on birthing in Arizona , please help share with me ,

Thanks n God bless

Arizona read part one and two very well, MIHS and Co buy MIHS isn't accepting international patients again but there are other Arizona Hospitals, a Google search will help. Cheers and I hope I didn't confuse you more
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Duakkie: 10:10pm On Jan 10, 2017
Thanks Chloe , I Don read the pages tire , just hope someone whose using or used Phoenix -Arizona can share details .
These quest isn't for the faint hearted .

=chloe7 post=52702899]

Arizona read part one and two very well, MIHS and Co buy MIHS isn't accepting international patients again but there are other Arizona Hospitals, a Google search will help. Cheers and I hope I didn't confuse you more[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
Duakkie:
Thanks Chloe , I Don read the pages tire , just hope someone whose using or used Phoenix -Arizona can share details .
These quest isn't for the faint hearted .

=chloe7 post=52702899]

Arizona read part one and two very well, MIHS and Co buy MIHS isn't accepting international patients again but there are other Arizona Hospitals, a Google search will help. Cheers and I hope I didn't confuse you more

Here is what I can find in one of the pdf's I saved from what I read , quickly grab it before justwise comes grin so I can take it down

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 11:44pm On Jan 10, 2017
anonymousmum:

Try check Air France. I booked air france on th 2nd it was the best one i could get to houston apart from turkish airline. Air france also have short layovers. also when to their office and pay the dollar equivalent with the official dollar exchange rate of 306.77 Naira to 1 dollar.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 12:33am On Jan 11, 2017
chloe7:

They should offer hotel accommodation and meal during the long lay over if not run run run run, but I saw Qatar 385k for my dates to Houston o

Hmm I checked hurriedly on my phone will settle down to check on lappie
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 12:39am On Jan 11, 2017
FADEO:

Try check Air France. I booked air france on th 2nd it was the best one i could get to houston apart from turkish airline. Air france also have short layovers. also when to their office and pay the dollar equivalent with the official dollar exchange rate of 306.77 Naira to 1 dollar.

Thanks will check it out. Air France is not my fave but wetin man go do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 1:50am On Jan 11, 2017
muyiwaojo1:
Hello everyone, please I just need to be sure of something. My wife's passport is expiring in June(less than 6 months from now) She has a 2yrs valid US visa on it.. I want to renew the passport before she travels, but I was told that immigration do not have 32 pages passport that what they have is 64 pages and it's for frequent travelers, diplomats and businesses men.
I want to know if I obtain the 64 pages passport for her, will she encounter any type of delay/hindrance while traveling... Thanks guys
No,its just a normal passport with 64 pages,thats all and nothing more. No immigration officer will even ask u anything about that at the POE because its the same thing with the 32 pages,just the pages is the only difference. So she is good to go.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bolof2010: 4:42am On Jan 11, 2017
Duakkie:

All I ask is if you have information on birthing in Arizona , please help share with me

Thanks n God bless

Check Tempe st lukes hospital AZ

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:54am On Jan 11, 2017
Don't be vexed did you state in the form.you filled for drop box that you went to put to birth?
If you still have a copy just go through it to be certain and prepare for your next appointment.

chi1145:
Hi everyone, please I am new here and i have a few questions to ask...my family was issued a US visa early 2014 and when the visa was issued I wasn't pregnant, I had scan results that proved i wasnt...in mid 2015 I went to the US to give birth. In 2016 we decided to do a drop box to renew our visas but we were called to appear for another interview explaining why I stayed almost 3mnths. myself n my husband appeared and I told the VO I had a baby and the VO did not give any chance for us to explain futher and dint bother to check my Dr's report (showing the med issues I had)....to summarize it all, our renewal was refused on grounds that the visa B1/B2 was used for a wrong purpose and she asked us to go apply again as freshers....my question is "what are our chances of getting the visas again?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:28am On Jan 11, 2017
Go to the hospitals website there is place for you yo search for a Dr. then you will see the person you like to uses contact
salmae:

Pls how did u contact the hospital and doctor ? I will like to do that and also get a correspondence from a doc.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mailtotee: 8:34am On Jan 11, 2017
Please mamas that have traveled alone with their kids without any help, how did you cope and where was your kid during labour and delivery?
I need advise on my travel plans. I'm going alone with my 4 year old and wont have any help during and after delivery.
which airline will you recommend from Lagos to El paso or Lagos to Houston that won't be too stressful when returning?
(I don't mind birthing in El-paso or Houston)

Please, please and please i need your suggestions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:37am On Jan 11, 2017
No she won't encounter any delays.

muyiwaojo1:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by papi7: 9:19am On Jan 11, 2017
b
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 9:22am On Jan 11, 2017
mailtotee:
Please mamas that have traveled alone with their kids without any help, how did you cope and where was your kid during labour and delivery?
I need advise on my travel plans. I'm going alone with my 4 year old and wont have any help during and after delivery.
which airline will you recommend from Lagos to El paso or Lagos to Houston that won't be too stressful when returning?
(I don't mind birthing in El-paso or Houston)

Please, please and please i need your suggestions.

What most people do,when they are in this kind of situation is they first chose a popular city and then a popular accommodation,so that there is the possibility of having other 9ja mama's there at the same time you are there and they can help you look after your child while you go to the hospital to give birth and vice versa .
Another way to approach it is to get a roommate or flatmate and she can help you with the child while you are away.
You can fly any airline ,so far the ticket price is ok by you. Check for layover time before booking your ticket,make sure it's bearable

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 9:26am On Jan 11, 2017
If you go through part 1-4 You should be able to get a format but if you don't have the patience then just do a formal mail.
Send it through your personal mail.
papi7:
Hi everyone, please i need more information about the LETTER OF INTENT. Any format available on this forum? Am i just going to write the embassy through my email or through my US VISA APPLICATION PROFILE? please, anyone should reply. thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 9:28am On Jan 11, 2017
papi7:
Hi everyone, please i need more information about the LETTER OF INTENT. Any format available on this forum? Am i just going to write the embassy through my email or through my US VISA APPLICATION PROFILE? please, anyone should reply. thanks
You write the embassy through your email and explain yourself ,that you originaly got the visas for blablabla and you have used it for such and that you want to now use it for child birth,and that you have made adequate arrangement for hospital ,Dr and accommodation and that you have money to pay your bills. That's about it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 11, 2017
@mailtotee
When are you travelling?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 10:20am On Jan 11, 2017
Duakkie:

Thanks n God bless
Congrats dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chi1145: 10:25am On Jan 11, 2017
no I did not fill that i had a baby in the US in the drop box form...I just wish the VO won't bring up the birth issue in the next interview since we already dealt with that during drop box...I dint know about this forum before giving birth i would have gotten all necessary information to help me then...hoping for the best during my next interview.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.