Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,073 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (980197 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 8:20am On Jan 10, 2017
chloe7:

But this card payment restrictions is really falling hands o, over the weekend my husband got a good flight deal from Beirut to Vegas booked it on hold, got to GTB to pay yesterday after BA had said you can pay anywhere in the world so far it's BA, BA Nigeria started saying stories for the God's yesterday o and he was stuck because they longer allow book on hold for flights originating from naija, you can't pay online either due to card limit issues, agents are calling about 800k, isn't this rather sad

You cannot pay for a flight from beirut to vegas from Nigeria, You can only pay from the country of originating flight or from London.

You also have an the option of going BA office at the airport with a USD card and swiping on POS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 8:20am On Jan 10, 2017
Bisoye82:

My madam at the top grin grin grin I troway salute kiss

@Justwise grin grin abeg which soup you take assist that fufu grin grin grin

Happy New Year my people cheesy

In other news I need an angel carrier to help bring 10 tubs of Similac to Lagos in the next 2 weeks abeg. smiley

Egusi soup with smoked fish, oporoko and goat meat

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 8:27am On Jan 10, 2017
chi1145:
to be honest I did not know I was meant to write a letter of "change of intent" would have done that...and the VO checked my reciept and confirmed everything was paid for in full....my fear is that they never give time to explain anything and I am trying to imagine the possible questions they'll throw at us when we go for the next interview....

Question for you: did you use the visa for vacation as you had declared at the initial interview?

Saying you were not pregnant at the interview is besides the point. You said you were going for vacation, but you went for childbirth. It's a straightforward lie, in the eyes of the visa officer.

Just apply as freshers. Carry the usual documents + all your receipts.

All the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 8:43am On Jan 10, 2017
mamamj:
eme4meg@gmail.com
thanks

I mean email me, nefertitiram at gmail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 8:47am On Jan 10, 2017
chi1145:
to be honest I did not know I was meant to write a letter of "change of intent" would have done that...and the VO checked my reciept and confirmed everything was paid for in full....my fear is that they never give time to explain anything and I am trying to imagine the possible questions they'll throw at us when we go for the next interview....

Hummnnn... this matter take style dicy. Are you going for childbirth again?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 8:54am On Jan 10, 2017
@ chloe7, I can see ur husbands itinerary for 55ok, but na 2 stops, if you guys check well u will see good rates
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by salmae(f): 9:24am On Jan 10, 2017
Hello everyone am new here but I have read through 1-5. Its really been helpful. I had a b1/b2 visa in 2014 and I have use it to travel twice. I just got it renew by Dropbox and am pregnant. I would like to deliver in Katy Texas. Pls as it is , do I need to write the embassy a letter of intent? And how do I get a doctor and hospital correspondence to attach to the letter? Thank you so much. I really need u help. Ways to go about it the proper way. Thank you

Pls can the lovely mummies help me out, I have been waiting on your replies and am still waiting.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 10, 2017
nefertitiram:

You cannot pay for a flight from beirut to vegas from Nigeria, You can only pay from the country of originating flight or from London.

You also have an the option of going BA office at the airport with a USD card and swiping on POS

Na that usd card be the issue, I don't have a funded usd card, I have only $5 in my usd card, getting the dollar now is a major issue, i've been checking all along but his preference is BA and when I called wakanow they gave break neck rates
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 10, 2017
justwise:

Egusi soup with smoked fish, oporoko and goat meat

You dey see all these ones chop for London so tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ayabemm16: 9:52am On Jan 10, 2017
staceyo:
Hello, please send the doctor's contact to me,staceyobi@yahoo.com

Hello, please can you send me the henrico doctor's contact to yemsy64@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ifylicious: 10:18am On Jan 10, 2017
nefertitiram:

Can I use payoneer card for payment. Both flight and transactions abroad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by salmae(f): 10:18am On Jan 10, 2017
Prinxz:
DW n I are coming to Houston Dec 31 with Turkish airlines. Like how much cash is advisable on d minimum for stressless PoE experience? ADVISE pls

using Houston Nothwest Medical n Dr Xydas Nicolas.

Any co-tenancy apartment in dat area will b welcome.

Pls how did u contact the hospital and doctor ? I will like to do that and also get a correspondence from a doc.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mailtotee: 10:42am On Jan 10, 2017
Hello mamas,
Please mamas that have traveled alone with their kids without any help, how did you cope and where was your kid during labour and delivery?
I need advise on my travel plans. I'm going alone with my 4 year old and wont have any help during and after delivery.
which airline will you recommend from Lagos to El paso that won't be too stressful when returning?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oniwoski: 11:36am On Jan 10, 2017
hi Houston northwest medical Mamas

Anyone interested in sharing one room two beds in intown suit....the room is neat nd spacious. I Have to opt for this considering dollar rate to naira....e no funny....infact i can do 2 people one bed....d way it is doing me here....paying 270 alone weekly no be joking things...i haff tired ooo. I am also considering d option of renting an apartment incase anyone wanna share....

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 12:41pm On Jan 10, 2017
Ifylicious:

Can I use payoneer card for payment. Both flight and transactions abroad

Payoneer is a MasterCard. Yes you can
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by papi7: 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
[quote autho
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by papi7: 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
hjkjl
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 3:34pm On Jan 10, 2017
the letter isn't necessary (neither does it carry any weight again), so long as you have used the visa, for the purpose you mentioned at the interview. Simples.
have a safe trip.
papi7:

Hi, i'd like to know what you meant in your post by ( I have no plans to send change of intent letter before I enter one chance ) I told my DW that the letter of intent isn't necessary as long as you weren't pregnant as at time of the VISA application so, please reply.

thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by salmae(f): 3:47pm On Jan 10, 2017
papi7:
Hi, salmae, did you got any reply to your question? my situation is same as yours, i need to know if letter of intent is needed before i travel again for my babe. please reply. Thanks

Papa am still waiting on the replies non so far. Do u have a hospital or doc correspondence yet if yes, pls how do I go about getting one. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Julymama: 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
Wow thank you so much for your reply. 28k! That is crazy.

dere5:

North Carolina Na one chance o. I would advice you stay away from there o. It was this exact mistake of "that's where I have relations" my friend/sister did and ended up with a bill of about $28k in 2015,she is still paying it now via payment plan. The same arrangement she had in north Carolina would have cost her about $7k if she had gone to Houston or Elpaso,and she would have spent max additional 5k for both feeding & accommodation. So pls run as far as you can from NC,except you find a hospital that has a package deal and you lock it down in black & white(pen & paper)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Julymama: 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2017
The cost is still so high. I may have to change to maybe Atlanta. Thanks

chinwe11:

I had my first child in Raleigh north carolina and would be having the next there. It's much more costly than other places. I paid 2200 for doctors fee and 4800 as hospital fee for vaginally delivery. I also paid 1500 for epidural and 1550 for pediatrician who saw the baby that day. However when I got home I kept getting more bills in the mail...I would say I spent total of about 13k. I had my daughter at rex health care. Wake med gave me a higher estimate so couldn't even go there. I also had to pay 300usd for a 2 hour stay in nursery when my baby was crying and I wanted to rest. I thought it was free till I saw the bill. My labor was 24 hours and they were ready to take me in for ceasarian. They had told me the cs was 13k for the operation alone and then with other care everything would end up at 20k. See me crying lol. Na so i tell them say i want to tey and push one more time. Luckily my baby came. My sister inlaw lives there too so had to go. Just hold enough cash because if there is any complication the bills will just sky rocket. I am going again in march sha. They dont have any oackage per se theybwill just tell you that they give a percentage of 35percent discount and that delivery is between 4800 to 10000k for vd but could cost more. They wont lock down any package price. Feel free to pm me for more info emails or for the doctors I used.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ifylicious: 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
nefertitiram:

Payoneer is a MasterCard. Yes you can
Tnk u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 10, 2017
Pls mamas who knows if there are other hidden charges in hnwmc apart from d 3700 from doc xydas and Hosp and ped fee. Help pls

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by abisolaji: 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2017
I hope this helps.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Iumezinwa1: 7:33pm On Jan 10, 2017
Pls quick enquiry. Is it okay to travel at 35weeks 5 days to houston on Emirates flight
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
Iumezinwa1:
Pls quick enquiry. Is it okay to travel at 35weeks 5 days to houston on Emirates flight

You should check the airline website for the requirements for pregnant women or better still put a call through to them, although a lot of mama's here have used emirates, like Ijeomaobi1 kiss and many others, if you read their posts you'll see when they travelled and the max requirements
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 10, 2017
See this ^^^^^

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2017
For those interested, Qatar has flight deals as low as N279k to Washington... Enjoy!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sunshine5050: 8:10pm On Jan 10, 2017
I have been a silent reader and was able to get most of the info I needed for my missionary journey from here. Thanks to all. My current challenge is that I had my baby girl at Ben Taub Hospital in Houston on 27 of Dec 2016 and the bills I'm getting are quite on the high side compared to what I heard about the hospital and compared to other hospitals. Please please please anyone that has successfully used this hospital kindly help me on how to go about the bills. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by muyiwaojo1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 10, 2017
Hello everyone, please I just need to be sure of something. My wife's passport is expiring in June(less than 6 months from now) She has a 2yrs valid US visa on it.. I want to renew the passport before she travels, but I was told that immigration do not have 32 pages passport that what they have is 64 pages and it's for frequent travelers, diplomats and businesses men.
I want to know if I obtain the 64 pages passport for her, will she encounter any type of delay/hindrance while traveling... Thanks guys
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sunshine5050: 8:22pm On Jan 10, 2017
I know there maybe people here who have used this hospital. I really need your help on how to bring down the bills please. You can reach me at evergreen4real2000@yahoo.com. Pleaseeeee
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by elizabetha(f): 8:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
Just saw this now, for mums travelling with their kids, qatar is offering free flights

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.