Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,370 members, 7,812,090 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975978 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Renee25: 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2017
@KaptainAfrika, thanks a lot for your response. But then what do i do without a doctor's correspondence, if i have to declare that i want to go to have my baby?
Can I go to the embassy with dollar cash? Cos the company account is where most of the money is in at the moment and we cant move it to his persobal account now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 4:28pm On Jan 09, 2017
Renee25:
Hello house, I'm new to this forum. Please i'm in a fix at the moment. I am 12weeks pregnant, though not showing. I applied for a B1/B2 visa for vacation. DH applied through dropbox. I just realized i should have applied for a B2 visa instead. My appointment is on the 19th. I havent made correspondence with any doctor in the US. And right now, it's late to do that since my appointment is next week. Please what do i do?
I will advise you to tell them at the embassy when asked what you are going to do in the us,that you are going to give birth. Intensify your hustle for dr & hospital correspondence,you still have 10days to go.
With regards to the account statement,there is not much you can do at this stage,it would have been better to go with a personal statement,but since its has happened like this just go with your husbands business account and also go with documents to show that the business belongs to him.
As for going to the embassy with dollars? It is not a good idea at all, I have not heard of anyone that did this o.
You'll be fine by his grace.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2017
Renee25:
Hello house, I'm new to this forum. Please i'm in a fix at the moment. I am 12weeks pregnant, though not showing. I applied for a B1/B2 visa for vacation. DH applied through dropbox. I just realized i should have applied for a B2 visa instead. My appointment is on the 19th. I havent made correspondence with any doctor in the US. And right now, it's late to do that since my appointment is next week. Please what do i do?

Do i tell them at the interview that i'm pregnant even if i'm not asked?
Also my hubby has a sole-proprietor company account. Would it be wise to transfer the money there to his savings account at this moment or should i just leave it as it is? Thanks in advance

if you ask me, avoid the interview and reschedule to a date when u r more composed

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by koko83: 4:48pm On Jan 09, 2017
HELLO DEBBIE, PLS CAN YOU SHARE THE ACCOMODATION INFO. THANKS
debby516:
Hello house,

Thanks alot for the numerous nd unquantifiable experiences shared on this platform.

I stayed at Richmond nd my apatyment was nt far to Oakbend. I took a tour of both methodist nd oakbend b4 i setrled for oakbend. Used dr. Z, by the way Oakbend staff are soo lovely nd Dr. Z is a wonderful doc, even though he didnt take my delivery, i enjoyed all my doc visits wit other mamas nd d weekly visits to d kroger store closeby.

So to the bills:

Oakbend 2500
NICS 416. Stayed in d hosp for 2 nights nd 3 days. NICS counted 3 days.
I got to d hosp on sat 11pm nd had baby at 2am sunday morning. Left d hosp on tues 7pm
Brown&associates (lab) mother nd baby 126.25, was discounted to $75.75
Birth cert - $23. Picked it up at d countu office after 4days
Blue passport - i got 2 money orders of $160.66 and $27. Passport office at d courthouse in Richmond. Got d passport in d mail box in 6 working days.
Naija passport in atlanta thru an agent $205. Got it 2 days after
Baby's ticket on emirate $91
No hearing test

Hosp, NICS and brown nd associates were paid over d fone with my american bank debit card.

I advise u open an acc wen u re there, made life easier for me.

I had excess luggage - paid $50 on one ghana must go bag dat weighed up to 32kg.

Enjoyed emirates flight nd d hotel accomodation

No questions/checking from Naija immigration nd customs.

So my missionary journey is officially over till 2018 by God's grace.

Gracias!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kemex(f): 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
Do you also have offers for tickets to JFK /Dallas?
Thanks.
nefertitiram:

I mean Kenya airways will take you to london UK for less than 300k. Pm me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ANIT1: 5:40pm On Jan 09, 2017
hello Neff: I'm a first time mum I see you give candid suggestions, please I intend using doctores Para ti appointment letter for my interview but not sure if to go ahead or use another doctors correspondence.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:51pm On Jan 09, 2017
kemex:
Do you also have offers for tickets to JFK /Dallas?
Thanks.

Wow!!!! You need to inbox me the gist! Today was the appointment right?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kemex(f): 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2017
nefertitiram:

Wow!!!! You need to inbox me the gist! Today was the appointment right?

No jo. Next week. How come you didn't reply my mails again? Still need advice. Yet to submit my DS-160.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:54pm On Jan 09, 2017
ANIT1:
hello Neff: I'm a first time mum I see you give candid suggestions, please I intend using doctores Para ti appointment letter for my interview but not sure if to go ahead or use another doctors correspondence.

Doctores Para Ti has been working for a lot of people, especially here on the thread. I'll suggest you go with it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2017
kemex:

No jo. Next week. How come you didn't reply my mails again? Still need advice. Yet to submit my DS-160.

Really?
Lemme check, I get a lot of mails, my mailbox is crying for help. Resend d email and be specific on the where u need the advice. Also, inbox me d dates for d trip, lets do some gymnastics

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2017
dere5:

I will advise you to tell them at the embassy when asked what you are going to do in the us,that you are going to give birth. Intensify your hustle for dr & hospital correspondence,you still have 10days to go.
With regards to the account statement,there is not much you can do at this stage,it would have been better to go with a personal statement,but since its has happened like this just go with your husbands business account and also go with documents to show that the business belongs to him.
As for going to the embassy with dollars? It is not a good idea at all, I have not heard of anyone that did this o.
You'll be fine by his grace.

The babe will land embassy with benjies like

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Pitykitten: 6:03pm On Jan 09, 2017
Good day everyone
This beautiful tickets I'm seeing on Qatar and Emirates?
So sad it's not available at that rate for we traveling for more than 1month.

Please, please, pleaseeeee I'm looking for cheap tickets to NY from Apr-July.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Also, has anyone heard of cheapflights.com.ng? Is it a *suspect* site?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 6:13pm On Jan 09, 2017
Pitykitten:
Good day everyone
This beautiful tickets I'm seeing on Qatar and Emirates?
So sad it's not available at that rate for we traveling for more than 1month.

Please, please, pleaseeeee I'm looking for cheap tickets to NY from Apr-July.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Also, has anyone heard of cheapflights.com.ng? Is it a *suspect* site?

Getting a cheap ticket is not the problem. The problem is that most people will not fly the cheap airlines. Something has to give. Egyptair is 312k

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2017
@Bisoye82, Iya Ibeji, I see you strolling by! *waving from afar*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by staceyo(f): 8:17pm On Jan 09, 2017
anonymousmum:

Hello Ify pls can you send to me also to redacted@gmail.com. Thanks a lot
Hello Ify, please send to me also,staceyobi@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by staceyo(f): 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2017
Hello, please send the doctor's contact to me,staceyobi@yahoo.com
Ulio:
Mission accomplished!

Used henrico doctors hosp virginia. DR W.F
..mild pain started early hrs of 5th, by the time I got to d hospital as I was 2hrs away, I was 4cm dilated, baby arrived 11.6.16. (Vaginal birth no epidural - d pain no b here, I wnt try that next time) note that each time I look at my son d pain fades the more..

Was discharged after 2days
Dr 850, hosp 2078, paedtrician 1228, healthy baby 264 . hearing test cancelled

Gt birth certificate after 2weeks
Nig passport 240 expedited at d embassy n got it next day.
US passport 165 expedited n gt it next day at Washington passport agency.

Infant ticket with BA $349. De insisted baby's ticket is 1 way saying that's d remaining part of d trip as baby mst be attached to an adult else I purchase another ticket for myself returning to US. Payed at d airport on departure.

On board bassinet was provided, air hostess were of great help as I was alone from Washington to London. As usual entertainment was great.

Landed Abj 6th aftr the long layover very tired.
Mother and child are doing great thankfully.
Indeed my case has been different. Another testimony- gt a new job as I was away.

God's grace to everyone in d house.
Also met Tolu a fellow NL mama. It's been a pleasure meeting a friend and sister in diaspora.. We had a great time. .

Thanks to everybody for contributing to d success of this trip..AdomMum I really appreciate you.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Renee25: 9:00pm On Jan 09, 2017
Thanks a lot for the suggestions
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bisoye82: 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2017
nefertitiram:
@Bisoye82, Iya Ibeji, I see you strolling by! *waving from afar*
My madam at the top grin grin grin I troway salute kiss

@Justwise grin grin abeg which soup you take assist that fufu grin grin grin

Happy New Year my people cheesy

In other news I need an angel carrier to help bring 10 tubs of Similac to Lagos in the next 2 weeks abeg. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chi1145: 12:27am On Jan 10, 2017
Hi everyone, please I am new here and i have a few questions to ask...my family was issued a US visa early 2014 and when the visa was issued I wasn't pregnant, I had scan results that proved i wasnt...in mid 2015 I went to the US to give birth. In 2016 we decided to do a drop box to renew our visas but we were called to appear for another interview explaining why I stayed almost 3mnths. myself n my husband appeared and I told the VO I had a baby and the VO did not give any chance for us to explain futher and dint bother to check my Dr's report (showing the med issues I had)....to summarize it all, our renewal was refused on grounds that the visa B1/B2 was used for a wrong purpose and she asked us to go apply again as freshers....my question is "what are our chances of getting the visas again?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sparks12: 1:38am On Jan 10, 2017
[quote author=Posh404 post=52651896]
Welcome! Using Oduro too....first appointment on tuesday

Wow! That's cool. I can see you are using Eastside. Why not Gwinnett? Did u ask him why he prefers Gwinnett for VD? And Eastside for CS? Cos i was thinking of using Eastside too, since they have a more structured bill. Pls What's ur email add?i need to confirm somethings
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Posh404: 4:45am On Jan 10, 2017
I didnt ask him anything o.....I'm for VD. I chose eastside cos their pricing is straight forward.....I don't understand all the plenty thousands gwinnet people are calling. So to avoid story(bills) that touches the heart, I went straight for Eastside. Didn't know he had preferences for hospital for CS and VD

quote author=Sparks12 post=52678307][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Vlesparza: 6:54am On Jan 10, 2017
anonymousmum:

Yes this is correct.

Spoke to the financial counsellor and she said prices have not changed but I saw a documentation that said it's now $5000 for hospital. Me I dan port. Houston Methodist no be by force.

I'm wary of paying early. I will continue scouting to see what gives.

Maternity packages prices NOT changing in 2017 for El Paso and have remained consistent for over 20 years. This is due to the border to Mexico and the international patient programs.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sparks12: 6:57am On Jan 10, 2017
I told him the same thing yesterday that I would prefer Eastside and he said that's fine, he wld send my medical report there. I also asked when one can make Payments to Eastside but he said he doesn't know. From the mail they sent for Eastside, it says u need to make d payment before u r placed on admission, so I wonder how we can do that. Hv u made any payments? Pls can I get ur email or sth
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 6:59am On Jan 10, 2017
To all VO's who will ever interview you, you always intended to have your child in the US.

Why didn't you just use it for the purpose you collected the visa for (maybe vacation, conference etc.), then you would have been in the clear to have your child in the US later.

Did you send the now worthless 'change of intent' letter?

These guys value honesty, which is quite hypocritical, when you realise the lies that they themselves will tell to further their national interests.

At your next interview, explain why you didn't you use your visa for the purpose, you applied for. Show you paid all your bills and hope for the best.

chi1145:
Hi everyone, please I am new here and i have a few questions to ask...my family was issued a US visa early 2014 and when the visa was issued I wasn't pregnant, I had scan results that proved i wasnt...in mid 2015 I went to the US to give birth. In 2016 we decided to do a drop box to renew our visas but we were called to appear for another interview explaining why I stayed almost 3mnths. myself n my husband appeared and I told the VO I had a baby and the VO did not give any chance for us to explain futher and dint bother to check my Dr's report (showing the med issues I had)....to summarize it all, our renewal was refused on grounds that the visa B1/B2 was used for a wrong purpose and she asked us to go apply again as freshers....my question is "what are our chances of getting the visas again?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Pitykitten: 7:29am On Jan 10, 2017
nefertitiram:

Getting a cheap ticket is not the problem. The problem is that most people will not fly the cheap airlines. Something has to give. Egyptair is 312k

So true. As much as I want a cheap fare, I'm still running away from Arik, Air maroc and egyptair. Sigh. It is well o.

So anyone know 'cheapflights.com.ng'? Make I no enter 1 chance. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 7:38am On Jan 10, 2017
Pitykitten:

So true. As much as I want a cheap fare, I'm still running away from Arik, Air maroc and egyptair. Sigh. It is well o.

they will take u to where u will need to pay in USD or GBP, so you are still stuck with the card payment issues
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 10, 2017
Pitykitten:

I can still even follow arik not air maroco plix grin I won't at all
Call Qatar their own sales is valid on travel from now till December, while emirates is valid on travels from 16th this month till June or so, when you call them give them your dates they'll tell you prices then you'll tell them to check for the dates that may be lower around that period you're travelling, there's always a lower date and it might be a few days before your intended date or a few days after, they'll find one, that's what I usually do

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 10, 2017
nefertitiram:

they will take u to where u will need to pay in USD or GBP, so you are still stuck with the card payment issues

But this card payment restrictions is really falling hands o, over the weekend my husband got a good flight deal from Beirut to Vegas booked it on hold, got to GTB to pay yesterday after BA had said you can pay anywhere in the world so far it's BA, BA Nigeria started saying stories for the God's yesterday o and he was stuck because they longer allow book on hold for flights originating from naija, you can't pay online either due to card limit issues, agents are calling about 800k, isn't this rather sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chi1145: 7:58am On Jan 10, 2017
[quote author=KaptainAfrika post=52680155]To all VO's who will ever interview you, you always intended to have your child in the US.

Why didn't you just use it for the purpose you collected the visa for (maybe vacation, conference etc.), then you would have been in the clear to have your child in the US later.

Did you send the now worthless 'change of intent' letter?

These guys value honesty, which is quite hypocritical, when you realise the lies that they themselves will tell to further their national interests.

At your next interview, explain why you didn't you use your visa for the purpose, you applied for. Show you paid all your bills and hope for the best.

to be honest I did not know I was meant to write a letter of "change of intent" would have done that...and the VO checked my reciept and confirmed everything was paid for in full....my fear is that they never give time to explain anything and I am trying to imagine the possible questions they'll throw at us for our next interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tossyn147: 7:59am On Jan 10, 2017
Good morning All

Please I need your advice, what should I use as the purpose of my travelling in the letter of introduction that my employer will give me considering I want to travel to the US for childbirth. I will appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chi1145: 8:00am On Jan 10, 2017
to be honest I did not know I was meant to write a letter of "change of intent" would have done that...and the VO checked my reciept and confirmed everything was paid for in full....my fear is that they never give time to explain anything and I am trying to imagine the possible questions they'll throw at us when we go for the next interview....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.