Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977428 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
Gratefulaheart:
How come you got 2.5k since you applied for 2k? Can you one get an amount above the requested amount?

When they said they were giving 2500 to everyone who requested I didn't run na, plus after you're called you have to fill another form while there and they will tell you amount to fill
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmyo: 1:12pm On Jan 24, 2017
Derinoye:
Hello house pls am a preggo mum going for interview at d embassy nxth month and would like to use a good hospital at St Louis Missouri that can issue me correspondence letter, anyone with a good info shud please respond av calld a couple of dem but said dey don't issue correspondence letter pls help a mum in need abeg it's urgent. Thanks

I'm not sure there is actually some thing called 'correspondence letter'. You should try to connect with the hospital/doctor via email. You can call at first, introduce yourself and state your mission. Then ask for them to send their price list/self pay package doc via email or put whatever you discussed on the phone in writing and send to you via email. From there you continue the discussion via email, thereby creating an email thread between you and them. Print out the thread and take to the embassy for your interview. This was what I did and used for Poe. In fact that was the only thing the CBP officer checked and he said it was enough for him.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mamazz: 2:05pm On Jan 24, 2017
@desoul.... Please kindly send me a PM on how to go about Visa on arrival...It is really urgent. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 24, 2017
Mamazz:
@desoul.... Please kindly send me a PM on how to go about Visa on arrival...It is really urgent. Thanks.

What if he doesn't come online? Since you need it urgently you should send him a pm he will see it in his email

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 4:54pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hello House, underground user of the thread, very helpful and here is me trying to give back to the house that gave me a lot.

DW and I went for an interview on the 6th of January in Lagos and we were denied on the basis of ties back home.

We re applied immediately but only DW this time and she got it today. interviewed by an elderly woman. Transcript below:

VO: Good morning
DW: Good morning

VO: Passport
DW: Handed over

VO: looking at her system for a few seconds- so you are a banker
DW: Yes

VO: When did you go to the uk?
DW: Last year

VO: Alone?

VO: Do you have a child
DW: No, but am expecting one.

VO: So thats why you are going to houston?

VO: So who would you be staying with
DW: A family friend

VO: How long have you know her
DW: She's a childhood friend of my husband

VO: Ok, so did she pick the hospital for you?
DW: No, online reviews but she put in a good word for the hospital

VO: How much is the trip gonna cost you
DW: about $14,000

VO: Wow, that is a lot of money. How do you intend to fund it
DW: My husband is sponsoring the trip

VO: Ok. what does he do
DW: He is an ........... and co-owns a ............. and .............. company

VO: Oh that is good, so why is he not going with you
DW: we recently applied together and we were refused.

VO: How long would you be staying there
DW: 11 weeks

VO: Are you sure, cos the baby is supposed to stay at least 6 weeks bfre you can fly back
DW: Well, if there are issues.

VO: No, that is the law, are you sure your host would accommodation you for the additional time(here, DW began to panic like did she give a wrong time
VO: Don't worry, am gonna give you the visa, i just want to be sure your host would be able to accommodate you for the additional period
DW: Oh that wont be a problem

VO: Tell you husband to reapply once you are there and he should make sure he comes with a copy of your visa.
DW : thank you
Can he pick it up for me?

VO: Yes, the the backpage of the document
DW: thank you ma.

And that was it, no single document check. just the chat.

Glory to the Almighty.

I need info as we were suppose to use houston methodist sugarland but these their recent fee review makes us to want to port. please anyone in the house have any ideas of reasonable hospitals to use.

she is due towards the end of april.

Thanks

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 24, 2017
USA healthcare costs are usually very high, unless you have private insurance or Medicare/Medicaid.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FabioRomani: 6:12pm On Jan 24, 2017
My wife and I were issued a b1/b2 visa in May 2016. However my wife discovered that she was some weeks pregnant (about 2 or 3 weeks, not too sure) after the visa had been issued. She honestly didn't know she was pregnant during the interview because she was asked if she was pregnant and she said no.

We travelled to the U.S for vacation in October last year which was the original reason why we applied for the visa. We later decided to have our baby in the U.S since we can afford it. 

While at the port of entry, she was asked about her EDD by the CBP officer. She told the officer the truth that her EDD is in February this year, and that she did not know she was pregnant during the visa interview. 

If you do the calculation, you will discover that it's exactly 9 months from when the visa was issued. If she had known she was pregnant, she would have disclosed it during the visa interview because we know that V.Os usually find out when people are lieing.

However, while at the POE, the CBP officer said that she lied during her interview because her expected delivery date is in february hence she was already pregnant during the interview. He was so mean and used so many harsh words. He kept saying that she lied. She was later taken to the immigration unit for some further questioning and eventually they allowed her to enter the U.S.

I am unhappy because the CBP officer said she lied; it's not everyone that tell lies.

But we are worried that this incident may affect her while renewing her visa, because he kept saying that she lied

Please advice if it can affect her visa renewal, because she honestly didn't know she was pregnant during the interview.

Please I need urgent response.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 6:30pm On Jan 24, 2017
You may be called for an interview, if you wish to renew your visa via dropbox. Be honest during that interview, and all will be well, hopefully. Keep all your receipts and a letter of non-indebtedness. My opinion.

FabioRomani:

My wife and I were issued a b1/b2 visa in May 2016. However my wife discovered that she was some weeks pregnant (about 2 or 3 weeks, not too sure) after the visa had been issued. She honestly didn't know she was pregnant during the interview because she was asked if she was pregnant and she said no.

We travelled to the U.S for vacation in October last year which was the original reason why we applied for the visa. We later decided to have our baby in the U.S since we can afford it. 

While at the port of entry, she was asked about her EDD by the CBP officer. She told the officer the truth that her EDD is in February this year, and that she did not know she was pregnant during the visa interview. 

If you do the calculation, you will discover that it's exactly 9 months from when the visa was issued. If she had known she was pregnant, she would have disclosed it during the visa interview because we know that V.Os usually find out when people are lieing.

However, while at the POE, the CBP officer said that she lied during her interview because her expected delivery date is in february hence she was already pregnant during the interview. He was so mean and used so many harsh words. He kept saying that she lied. She was later taken to the immigration unit for some further questioning and eventually they allowed her to enter the U.S.

I am unhappy because the CBP officer said she lied; it's not everyone that tell lies.

But we are worried that this incident may affect her while renewing her visa, because he kept saying that she lied

Please advice if it can affect her visa renewal, because she honestly didn't know she was pregnant during the interview.

Please I need urgent response.

Regards.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:40pm On Jan 24, 2017
Congrats
freshdad:
Hello House, underground user of the thread, very helpful and here is me trying to give back to the house that gave me a lot.

DW and I went for an interview on the 6th of January in Lagos and we were denied on the basis of ties back home.

We re applied immediately but only DW this time and she got it today. interviewed by an elderly woman. Transcript below:

VO: Good morning
DW: Good morning

VO: Passport
DW: Handed over

VO: looking at her system for a few seconds- so you are a banker

VO: When did you go to the uk?
DW: Last year

VO: Alone?

VO: Do you have a child
DW: No, but am expecting one.

VO: So thats why you are going to houston?

VO: So who would you be staying with
DW: A family friend

VO: How long have you know her
DW: She's a childhood friend of my husband

VO: Ok, so did she pick the hospital for you?
DW: No, online reviews but she put in a good word for the hospital

VO: How much is the trip gonna cost you
DW: about $14,000

VO: Wow, that is a lot of money. How do you intend to fund it
DW: My husband is sponsoring the trip

VO: Ok. what does he do
DW: He is an ........... and co-owns a ............. and .............. company

VO: Oh that is good, so why is he not going with you
DW: we recently applied together and we were refused.

VO: How long would you be staying there
DW: 11 weeks

VO: Are you sure, cos the baby is supposed to stay at least 6 weeks bfre you can fly back
DW: Well, if there are issues.

VO: No, that is the law, are you sure your host would accommodation you for the additional time(here, DW began to panic like did she give a wrong time
VO: Don't worry, am gonna give you the visa, i just want to be sure your host would be able to accommodate you for the additional period
DW: Oh that wont be a problem

VO: Tell you husband to reapply once you are there and he should make sure he comes with a copy of your visa.
DW : thank you
Can he pick it up for me?

VO: Yes, the the backpage of the document
DW: thank you ma.

And that was it, no single document check. just the chat.

Glory to the Almighty.

I need info as we were suppose to use houston methodist sugarland but these their recent fee review makes us to want to port. please anyone in the house have any ideas of reasonable hospitals to use.

she is due towards the end of april.

Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kemex(f): 8:49pm On Jan 24, 2017
Is there anyone using Dr Para Ti and needs dollars to pay the bills? I already made some prepayment but my visa was denied. Planning to inform Dr Para Ti to transfer the payment to the person while the person pays me naira. Instead of having to get my money through Western union. Need to say, i bought the dollars from black market can't afford to lose so much to money transfer.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 9:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hello good pple, I want to find out between the Hospital and Dr's Office which shd be closer to my Accommodation? I was thinking it should be the hospital considering the Day of delivery but I have heard that the Dr's office shd be given more priority because u go 4 more appointments while one ends up going 2 d Hospital hopefully once. Please help a sister out as I need to make my decision about hospital/accomodation. Thank u n God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 9:52pm On Jan 24, 2017
ashedzi:
Hello good pple, I want to find out between the Hospital and Dr's Office which shd be closer to my Accommodation? I was thinking it should be the hospital considering the Day of delivery but[b] I have heard that the Dr's office shd be given more priority because u go 4 more appointments while one ends up going 2 d Hospital hopefully once.[/b] Please help a sister out as I need to make my decision about hospital/accomodation. Thank u n God bless.

bolded is correct. However distance is relative. You don't want a hospital that is 2 hours away, if you get my drift
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drfdee: 9:57pm On Jan 24, 2017
Congrats dear

Only You can do what no man can do Jehovah,Only You are Capable ,only You are Reliable Lord. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on Wednesday 18th January through CS @ 38 weeks. After a daughter who is 6 years old and 5 miscarriage .Our God is never late. To all waddling mums it will end in praise, to our Atc sisters this is your year because your case is different. I was discharged today. Legs swollen but doing great. Breast milk coming out already (Baba God did it)

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
kemex:
Is there anyone using Dr Para Ti and needs dollars to pay the bills? I already made some prepayment but my visa was denied. Planning to inform Dr Para Ti to transfer the payment to the person while the person pays me naira. Instead of having to get my money through Western union. Need to say, i bought the dollars from black market can't afford to lose so much to money transfer.
Mayb u shud post ur transcript so ppl can review and u try applying again if due date isn't soo close, u never can tell u might just get d visa

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 1:39am On Jan 25, 2017
kemex:
Sorry about the Denial, paying your bills upfront is not a guarantee to Visa issuance. Thats why its better to get your visa first before making payments to your Dr or Hospital to avoid this kind of stress to return your money. But can't u reapply immediately like "Freshdad" did?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Elsmama: 3:45am On Jan 25, 2017
Maymum:
Dear Sisters and brothers on this forum, please i need your advise badly.

For those whose mothers or mother in law have had to apply for visa to be with them at childbirth, is it advisable they apply before or after their daughter's arrival to the US. I am just afraid of stories that touch the heart (visa being cancelled etc), on the other hand, i want to apply earlier enough so we can go together.

My mum applied after me( due to logistics though) and her purpose for travel was to help her Daughter who is having a baby. She went with all the payments, hospital correspondence etc but says it was not even checked

Please help !!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kemex(f): 3:55am On Jan 25, 2017
finegirlna:

Mayb u shud post ur transcript so ppl can review and u try applying again if due date isn't soo close, u never can tell u might just get d visa

Thanks. I posted the transcript here. Only few people reacted to it. The second denial was so gross. She didn't give any reason. Seemed like the consular officer did not just like the idea of a birthing trip. At the third interview, I was asked about my hubby, if I'll be needing help and if i have a family in Texas. The VO sounded like it's not realistic to stay in an extended stay apartment for the long period of a birthing trip and as if one must definitely need help. Guess after checking my denial history, she just felt enabled to deny me.

Mbok, if you're using Dr Para Ti, kindly contact me.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 4:03am On Jan 25, 2017
kemex:

Awwww. Sorry about the last denial.

Why western union? Can't they pay to a US bank.account while you arrange to get the cash from the account owner?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mommatriplets: 7:25am On Jan 25, 2017
HEllo gr8 peeps of nairaland,
pls is travelex still giving pta?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by funmikay: 8:19am On Jan 25, 2017
Hello team members.please does Qatar airways collect visa on arrival?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:49am On Jan 25, 2017
For me I prefer to be closer to the hospital than Dr Office so that if there is an emergency I will get there on time to avoid using ambulance as much as possible.
Because the cost of ambulance will not be small.
ashedzi:
Hello good pple, I want to find out between the Hospital and Dr's Office which shd be closer to my Accommodation? I was thinking it should be the hospital considering the Day of delivery but I have heard that the Dr's office shd be given more priority because u go 4 more appointments while one ends up going 2 d Hospital hopefully once. Please help a sister out as I need to make my decision about hospital/accomodation. Thank u n God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sofunmikamgbo: 9:49am On Jan 25, 2017
Good Morning Everyone,
I discovered this thread this year and the info here has truly been helpful.
I have a B1/B2 tourist visa which was issued Sept 2016 but i couldn't travel due to work-related issues, my PoE was NY. Got pregnant in December and thinking of giving birth there. A friend of mine recommended Oakbend, Dr F.
@justwise, i will send a letter of intent later in the year just to let them know about change of PoE (hope i am on the right track)
@Debby, can i pm you please for more details on Oakbend and Dr. Z?

debby516:
You may send me a pm, cant put d info here. I used oakbend and went in thru Houston, no issues and i declared at d embassy dat i was going for childbirth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by FADEO: 10:12am On Jan 25, 2017
kemex:

Thanks. I posted the transcript here. Only few people reacted to it. The second denial was so gross. She didn't give any reason. Seemed like the consular officer did not just like the idea of a birthing trip. At the third interview, I was asked about my hubby, if I'll be needing help and if i have a family in Texas. The VO sounded like it's not realistic to stay in an extended stay apartment for the long period of a birthing trip and as if one must definitely need help. Guess after checking my denial history, she just felt enabled to deny me.

Mbok, if you're using Dr Para Ti, kindly contact me.
Thanks.

Sorry about the denial, you can give it a try again if there is still time before the EDD. But if you are bent on getting your money from Dr Para Ti, you can PM me or send me a mail.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 10:15am On Jan 25, 2017
[quote author=anonymousmum post=53100335]

bolded is correct. However distance is relative. You don't want a hospital that is 2 hours away, if you get my drift

[/quote

Thank u.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 10:16am On Jan 25, 2017
chibertha:
For me I prefer to be closer to the hospital than Dr Office so that if there is an emergency I will get there on time to avoid using ambulance as much as possible.
Because the cost of ambulance will not be small.

God bless u 4 the response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sehawale: 11:06am On Jan 25, 2017
pls DW wants to fly Turkish airlines @ 35wks,5days. Their policy says pregnant women expecting one baby is not allowed to fly (even with FIT TO FLY CERT) after 35wks.

Does this mean she can fly so far she has not clocked 36wks or she cannot fly even if she is just 35wks, 1day?

Please anyone with first hand experience should tell me.

I called their customer care line and also went to their VI Lagos office but their officers that attended to me gave contradictory answers when I painted the scenarios above, leaving me more confused.

One of them said I should go to the airport to confirm but i want to see if anyone here can help from experience here before I travel to the mainland from the Island.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Samolue: 11:22am On Jan 25, 2017
debby516:
You may send me a pm, cant put d info here. I used oakbend and went in thru Houston, no issues and i declared at d embassy dat i was going for childbirth.

@debby516, I try to send you a PM but you were not online. Please can you email me on oluscosam@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by barinem: 11:28am On Jan 25, 2017
Am new to the site but I have been follow up since 1yr now any one going to el paso this yr by may please let's keep in touch . Thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.